Are bmws reliable?

are bmws reliable?

i found a few for cheap in my area (pic related, $4000 and 68k miles) and it makes me want to change my mind about wanting a honda or acura or whatever. is it still worth it to get a honda/japbox over a bmw?

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6117114020.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/6138650993.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/6125106443.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/6132767814.html
bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4866222
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

325i? Manual or auto? Post link.

Nope

If you can only afford a $4k BMW then you wont be able to afford the maintenance

BMW 325x

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6117114020.html

Old BMW's and Mercedes, Porsche etc that are great are expensive.

Anything dirt cheap is fucked up.

Also BMW is fuckexpensive to maintain because of parts and exclusive bullshit.

If you want a cool car buy a cheap Toyota or any other jap brand that makes simple cars with tons of parts, then spend the extra money in tuning it to make it truly yours

if you replace the entire cooling system when you get it, yea

>considering a rebuilt title
kill yourself.

oem jap parts are expensive as fuck you moron.
3rd party parts for old bmws and old gook cars are literally the same price.

get this instead. as close to 3k as possible.

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6138650993.html

>buying an automatic bmw
shiggy diggy

>thanks no Emile's only text or call
Goddamn french parents!

The e46 is pretty reliable, and still somewhat easy to work on yourself (you can find a tutorial about almost anything on yt for this car) . A 15 year old bmw is probably gonna have the same problems as a 4k acura or honda anyway so...

Just find one that isn't owned by a nigger...

op again
BMW 540i

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6125106443.html

Test drive it. If it over heats or gets very hot at all walk the fuck away. Immediately. Don't even consider it.

>wanting an auto bimmer
Man you suck

dont get 4x4 bmw's
try finding manual 323-325. coupes are lot better looking.

It is really easy to check if bimmer engines (petrol and diesel) are in good condition. Just take out the oil stick. If air is blowing out of the hole then don't even think about buying it.

Also, when you remove the oil cap, RPMs should drop a little bit, but the engine should continue to run smoothly.

also remove oil cap and hover it over , if its sucking air inside, means diaphragm needs a replacement. nothing big, but you can use it to make him knock down some $$$$

>bro don't buy a bimmer
>just be a ricer like me

Rope yourself fag

>buying an auto bmw
fuck off fag.

denver.craigslist.org/cto/6132767814.html

>are bmws reliable
no
>are they expensive to fix
at a dealer, yes, at an indie shop, kinda
>are they hard to work on
no, just time consuming. it's hard to fuck up any repair on them they just take longer.
>are parts expensive
dealer parts yes, oem parts on places like fcp euro no
>are they worth the maintenance
hell fucking yes.....at least the e46/e39/e38 are.

>which should i get
if you don't get a manual rear wheel drive bmw don't fucking bother, just get a mercedes instead

also don't get the 325 they're a decent bit down on power and you'll regret it. get a 330 or bust

and if the previous owner can't list off most of the maintenance they did, or don't have good records of maintenance, just walk away

It's not the type of car that you normally cross-shop with accords.. But if you do, then listen to The 540i 6m is as close to M5 you can get without buying the M5, whilst keeping the fuel economy of a 525i (as long as you stay off the loud pedal).
Amazingly smooth engines.
Wear and tear parts like rotors, shocks, electronics etc are generally more expensive than japanese counterparts.

BUT: all M62 engines will eat their timing guides, adding gunk to the oil and messing up timing. Make sure that this has been adressed if the car has passed 100k.
M62 produced before 2000 also have the issue with the oil pump needing to be re-torqued.
bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4866222

TL;DR - drive the best, walk the rest.