Let's just end this maymay once and for all

Let's just end this maymay once and for all.
Gasoline is much worse for the environment than diesel.
Gasoline produces way more CO2 than diesel, which is a greenhouse gas. Greenhouse gases are responsible for global warming.

Diesel, on the other way, produces NOx gases which aren't greenhouse gases, therefore don't contribute for global warming.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/batteries/tossed-aside-in-the-lithium-rush/
wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BUT THINK ABOUT ALL THOSE CHILDREN WITH ALLERGIES

And you know what's worse for the environment?

The mining for those lithium batteries.

I agree and I don't care.

Who buys 89?....ive never seen anyone in my life buy that shit

I buy it for my bike when it goes from 85 to 89 to 91. The bike only needs 87

>85 octane
Where you do you live? Colorado?

Faggot

But doesn't NOx gases poisonous>

They have health implications nut it's not like you're contributing as much to the end of all the life on the planet.

You don't need more than 91 ever. Unless you have a tune.

where's the tesla shitposting?

ICE KEK
C
E

C
U
C
K

Why the hell would anyone here care about the environment? We'll all be dead in 80 years anyway

Diesel is good for the environment

Yes

Nice meme

I don't give a shit about the environment.

washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/batteries/tossed-aside-in-the-lithium-rush/

me neither
#yolo nigga

wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/

Diesel is a byproduct of gasoline production so it never would have been discovered for you cucks to use if it weren't for gas cars, get fucked.

All 20 years difference woo. Both still over 130 years old since first creation.

Don't mind me - just driving my Otto-cycle ICE car...

... I probably shouldn't add that I removed the catalytic converter and carbon canister 7 years ago...

NOx is toxic. It decomposes into ozone which is also toxic.

Diesel is more of sooting, which has all sorts of cancer tied to it.

Denver literally gets shitted on by diesels from all the fucking industry and the trucks to transport their shit. I hope GDI kills diesel for good.

>He still doesn't use the Miller cycle

Unless you want to run on used vegetable oil from mcdonalds, gasoline and diesel will exist simultaneously as long as we're burning things to move cars. You can't have one without the other, so as much as dieselfags scream and cry how superior they think they are, gasoline cars will still exist and prosper.

Just wait for HCCI nigger.

>wired
jesus christ

>America only has up to 91
Lol, we have 98 here. You poor or something?

We're going to run out of petroleum (stop calling it "gasolene" you uneducated hicks) in around 20 years anyway.

stupid american

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

OK let's go back to riding horses and bikes.

I don't give a fuck. Global warming is garbage pushed by the jews anyway.
If you're not trolling here and genuinely prefer diesel engines to gasoline, you're simply not a real auto enthusiast.

>implying greenhouse gases are the only emissions concern
>implying NOx gases don't contribute to smog
>implying NOx gases don't contribute to acid rain
>implying there's no health concern from low-atmosphere ozone

Is school out for the summer already?

> 87 unleaded

America is literally a third world shithole. The worst and cheapest you can get in my country is 98.

us uses an average of RON and MON resulting in a lower number for the same exact fuel. MON tends to be 10 lower than RON, hence 87 US being the same as ~91 EU, 91 us being about 97 EU. Different numbers for the same exact formula fuel.

Global warming is a myth and CO2 is good for plants. Anyone who burns diesel wants the world to turn in to a desert.

>Implying NOx isnt the worst gas since we stopped using tri-ethel-lead

Congrats on that ethanol

Hong Kong?

Any power derived from the combustion cycle whether it be gas or diesel will ideally yield h2o and co2.

Please kill yourself (this will also reduce co2 levels WIN-WIN!!!)

Hcs are the result of incomplete combustion and are effectively reduced by EGR systems
NoX is created from the intense heat of the combustion process and primarily produced by diesel engines. The use of DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) reduces these NoXs by injecting a mixture of urea and water downstream of the exhaust gas.

>it's another 'I don't understand that octane rating formulas vary by country' post

This. Engine management systems are designed such that N2, CO2, and H20 exit. Granted this happens under normal conditions, and assumes the company making the EMS is not VW.

The only difference in emissions between petrol, and diesel are particulate emissions. DPF takes care of almost all of this, and assuming the owner take his/her car on the highway at the bare min every other week for a regeneration cycle, the filter operates as designed. Its the dudebros, and idiots who daily drive "race car" that remove emission systems that do the harm. The guys who remove EGR cause its what the cool kids do, without realizing its crucial to reducing NOx emissions, the emissions that will kill you, your mother, and everyone else the fastest, and in the most unpleasant ways. A stoich combustion takes in HC, O2 as reactants, and everything else in air, like N2. Combustion breaks the HC, and O2 creating H2O, and CO2. Too much fuel(coal bros) result in HC out the tail pipe, too little fuel results in CO(have fun with the long term poisoning) as there simply isnt enough O to go around. High temps cause N2 to break and bond with O, creating highly reactive oxides that fuck you sideways. Good news though, a platinum, and palladium catalyst is in place to break NOx and create CO2, and H2O. With urea added in diesel SCR systems to increase NOx reduction produced in the higher temp combustion of diesel.

Not quite. AKI 91 is roughly equivalent to RON 95. You need AKI 93 as an equivalent to RON 97/98

>petroleum (stop calling it "gasolene" you uneducated hicks)
1. you spelled it wrong, who's uneducated now?
2. Gasoline and Diesel are both products distilled from Petroleum. So is kerosene, and plastics, and all other oily substances that aren't made from vegetables. Saying your gas car runs on "petroleum" is technically correct, but offers no distinction about what specific petroleum product it uses. It could run on shredded up plastic milk jugs or polyester shirts and "it's a petrol car" would still be an accurate statement. That's why the non-retarded world says gasoline. Go pay your tv tax and suck the Queen's asshole.

>NOx
>In atmospheric chemistry, NOx is a generic term for the nitrogen oxides that are most relevant for air pollution, namely nitric oxide (NO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2).[1][2] These gases contribute to the formation of smog and acid rain, as well as tropospheric ozone.

not if your diesel ain't running properly

>Washingtonpost

>Gasoline is much worse for the environment than diesel.
No its not. CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas you fucking retard.

You are fucking retarded. When the oil is fractionally distilled, separate layers of the fractions are used to make all sorts of products. Neither product is a byproduct of either, they're different fractional distillations of the same oil