What's the vehicle that only does everything? Reliability, travel comfort, passenger capacity, cargo capacity...

What's the vehicle that only does everything? Reliability, travel comfort, passenger capacity, cargo capacity, tow capacity, offroad capacity, not too large to park and navigate in tight spaces. The ultimate practical allrounder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rnFPEOeUaow&t=58
youtube.com/watch?v=k62gW3Se5e0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WRX Wagon
Forester XT

Pic related would've been my suggestion but it's on the big side of things for me.

I'd say J150 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado with the 3.0l 1KD diesel engine, with a 35" conversion

What about parts for these? The 70 has been made for so many years and in such abundance for use all over the world that you'll probably get any spare part you want for another half century, but I'm not sure about the other Land Cruisers.

I prefer the pre-facelift version, why did they have to ruin all Prados with that alien-looking grin?

Also I've just realized they're basically the same size as the 70.

The Forester is more like it size wise, but I'm not so sure about Subaru engines, especially diesels when you wanna tow something.

Its a vehicle thats been around for a few years, and still in production, aswell as being sold the world over. Parts won't be an issue for a long time

The 1KD engine is also very common, being used in the Land Cruiser, Hilux, Dyna and more.

I actually think the 70-series might be a bit tougher. Everything is available new as its still in production, but you have to remember that the vehicle itself has been phased out in most markets. Sure, they're still sold in the majority of Asia, Africa, South America, and Digeridoowille; but for those of us who live in either North America or Europe you might have a bit more trouble with parts, or atleast have to pay more and wait longer

One also has to take into account that any LC70 after 1992 is illegal in the US

... I want a modern 70-series so fucking bad, but they're so damned expensive and difficult to import and get registered

Who gives a shit about the US? I know that lack of Land Cruisers pain though. They're like unicorns in Europe and priced accordingly, even old used ones.

Geo Metro.

>doesn't travel in comfort
>800 kg tow rating in Europe

Chevrolet S10 Blazer/GMC Jimmy

Eat shit europoors.

literal cuck-tier compact GM trucks.

eat shit shartmart.

They literally do everything OP asked for.

Charger Hellcat

I parked next to one of those the other day, and I was surprised that it was pretty much the exact same size as my Hilux, although that is with the hyuge bumpers they are apparently fitted with

I knew they were "compact trucks", but I always figured they would be a bit bigger than my cuck truck

You basically described the XJ and ZJ.
4liter is unsinkable
Comfy American af
hold a gorillian passengers,
holds a gorillian cargos.
tows enough for a normie
offroads more than enough for a normie
normal size for a normie

Any small SUV would fit the bill really.

And I wrote that without reading "Blazer"

Disregard what I wrote, I suck cocks

The Blazer is the same thing as an S10, it's just got a big window and interior space where the bed should be.

I'm not memeing. CV, TC, GM, take your pick.
>legendary reliability, 500k+ miles with routine oil changes
>living room on wheels, some trim levels comfier than others but all comfy
>seats 6 adults even if they're overweight
>can fit 4 full size mounted tires in trunk, plus more
>tow package with auto-adjusting rear air suspension is optional, all have V8 with the torque for towing
>reasonably tall ride height for a modern sedan, CVPI will be taller, swapping F-150 springs into it is piss-easy
>long wheelbase and no LSD in most models limit offroading but if you know your limits it's pretty capable over gravel, dirt, fields, inclines
>has full body-on-frame construction for strength, jumped mine over a creek and aside from bending some suspension it's fine, drove off afterwards
>it's big but if you can't navigate it around a mall parking lot you are legitimately a failure as a driver
>If you want a bonus to cargo and/or passenger capacity, find one of the old wagons
>LSD and performance parts can be easily acquired from massive mustang aftermarket
>easiest cars to work on since the 60's, no driveway repair is impossible

And the dick goes up.

this

Too big. Not a wagon, therefore instantly wasted potential. Only RWD.

Chevrolet Tahoe

You LITERALLY didn't even finish reading the post.
One of the last lines says older wagons are available.
>Only RWD.
The driver's choice in drivetrain you faggot

>The driver's choice in drivetrain you faggot
Clearly.

youtube.com/watch?v=rnFPEOeUaow&t=58

I DD'd an 89 panther up and down a 13% grade in fucking Vermont for five years and never got stuck. I drove home from work when there was 6 inches of unplowed snow on the road and more was accumulating every minute.
>cops are fucking retarded what else is new

>being a sissy ass yuro
>doesnt know that vehicles can actually tow more than what they are rated for

a little big, but yes

>is unaware or willfully ignorant of the fact that exceeding your tow rating is illegal
>is also unaware or willfully ignorant of the fact that identical car models are usually higher rated for towing in Europe, unlike the US where you need a cuck truck to pull an ATV around

ITT: /org/ focuses on the fact that OP said "offroad capacity" and ignore all other aspects of the vehicles in question.

also: Outback

>>is unaware or willfully ignorant of the fact that exceeding your tow rating is illegal

Im honestly surprised that you euros are still allowed to visit 4chang.

>who gives a shit about the largest, most lucrative auto market in the world

Basically Subaru have been making "Crossovers" since the early 90s and everyone else is just now jumping on the bandwagon.

However, Subaru did it better first. They've had time to perfect it. Why do you think people are upset that the WRX lost its hatch/wagon variant?

Can those things tow? I'm a sucker for Japanese stuff, but that seems to be their weakness unless you get some monstrous Toyota or something.

I'm buying my first new car this year, and it's going to be an '18 Outback. I love wagons. This year is getting auto locking doors and steering-linked headlights. Might do a tasteful 2" lift eventually, I don't know.

also, does anyone know when the rest of the '18 subarus are releasing? The '18 WRX is out now but none of the other models.

Modern outbacks are pig-disgusting barges trying to fit in with the rest of the oversized crossovers. But I guess an old one would make everyone think you're a butch lesbian, so whatever.

but user, outbacks are fun :^)

The old ones were funner. The new are generic.

I agree with you that they are more generic looking, and could definitely benefit from some smaller dimensions as well. Ah well, I want a subaru wagon and don't want to buy a 10 year old car. And the Outback seems a little better than the Forester. If only they came in diesel.

current production outbacks are the modern tribeca

something with offroad capability and tow capacity that's also not too large but can also carry people implies diesel engine midsize SUV

I don't know what is most reliable just google diesel SUV and pick one. I'd go with a Cayenne.

tribeca had three rows and was a lot bigger , wasn't it?

The new Mazda CX-5 diesel might be a good choice

v60 cross country is a fair contender. not sure what it can tow though.

i think it could tow a 1 or 2 axle class 3 no problem
it's rwd (selectable) and torky
i dunno what it's exact capacity is

They're rated for 1200kg here, with the 2.5 diesel

That's pretty freakin' impressive for that little breadbox.

V10 Touareg
youtube.com/watch?v=k62gW3Se5e0

s10 blazer does fit the bill OP, so does the trailblazer but it's a bit large and highly ugly

I'd say either this or a B-body, especially with the tow package (which can actually tow shit without fear of breaking, unlike the Panthers). They're even bigger than a Panther, wagons doubly so, but people drove cars even bigger than that for years and had no issues, lrn2drive faget.