Is this unsafe to drive on?

Is this unsafe to drive on?

DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR
DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR
DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR
DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR
DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR
DO NOT DRIVE THIS CAR

It's hard to tell, if you took it to a tire shop they will say you need all new tires anyway.

It is safe to die

RIP OP

dont believe retards on Veeky Forums
it's perfectly safe.

Safe to drive on but get your tire replaced at your earliest convenience.

nah, be fine buddy

Hit a curb, eh? It's fine for now, just don't take any trips on it and replace the tire next chanced you get. If it'll take more than a week to get it replaced I'd probably drive on a spare if your commute isn't too long.

Sage enough to drive to the tire shop for sure. I wouldn't put it off to long. I wouldn't want to commute to work on it, if your your one of those hours on the freeway guys.

OWNER REPORTS OF GHOST OF FUTURE SELF IN PASSENGER SIDE OVER 40MPH

unless your car's a deathtrap it's not unsafe

might go flat tho

>all these people saying you need a new tire

Holy shit. Op, you damaged the rim guard on the tire. It did literally exactly what it was designed to do, except you hit the curb too hard and it damaged the wheel. That missing chunk isn't going to hurt anything, don't worry about it.

You are the people that roll into the shop and get made fun of for wasting your money when you didn't need to.

I know nothing about tires, but what exactly about this concerns you?

It doesn't look like anything serious

Is this safe to drive on?

Looks fine to me

As long as it isn't a Chinese tire, a co-worker's tire blew on the freeway and he lost 3 studs and lug nuts.

Sidewall is compromised

Any dealership would quote a tire to be replaced

You probably work in a beaner garage that """fixes""" cars by diagnosing them only be throwing parts at them

Fuck off Pablo, quit being poverty.

>kek, the scion faggot from the twingo thread is still asshurt and calling everybody pablo

you have no idea what you are talking about, compadre

Ur good man. I once had a gash in the side of my tire. I slapped on some gorilla glue, filled her up and sshe held just fine.

Explain to me how that sidewall is compromised, and then I will carefully tell you why you're wrong.

Explain to me how that sidewall isn't compromised, and then I will carefully tell you why you need to kill your self

you should probably get it replaced

you can leave it like that for a while though, just throw some soapy water and rub it over the chunk that is missing. if the tire is holding air fine you shouldnt worry too much about it.

It's clear you don't know a lot about cars and you're just going to resort to child tier trolling no matter what I say, so I'm just going to post this anyway in case someone who isn't a fag like you wants to learn something.

See how the tire comes past the rim? It's designed like that on purpose, they call it a rim guard. It's supposed to protect your wheel in case you get too close to a curb, which is exactly what it will do granted you don't smash into the curb. So if there's a small chunk taken out of it, the sidewall isn't "compromised" because a rim guard isn't structural to the sidewall.

Forgot the pic

it's safe, you may have some difficulty coming to a stop though due to the amount of wear

just put some 10w 30 on your rotors for improved braking performance; those tires should easily last another 25k miles

Take a look inside the tear. If you can see cord, it's scrap and you should replace it. If you can't see cord, then it's fine. I used to work in a tire shop and that's how we determined whether sidewall damage was serious or not.

no, as long as no sidewall cords are exposed its safe

yes, but do it anyway