Should I punch my dick out now?

Hello team, about to get one of these for like 1K. 04 has close to 90Kmi on it. This is a case of the "old lady getting rid of car. Wants to keep in close family friend circle". Have been told that maintenance records are fairly detailed, but not all inclusive. Gonna head up in about 3 weeks to actually take a look at it. Manual transmission. From everything I've heard she's treated it the way it's supposed to. Tell me why I'm fucked.

Its blue

>Hello team, about to get one of these
why

>hello team
>$1000 for an RX8 with 90k
I can already tell you that the apex seals are gone

Thanks guys.

I went to see a 2009 R3 a few days ago and was amazed how fucked with rust the underside was for an 8 year old car, so enjoy that.

Live in Texas, mate. Rust really isn't an issue here

No seriously, why? Because it's cheap? Are you a rotard?

Buy it and LS swap it

My little brother needs a better car. Mother has cobbled this deal together. So, I give him my beater and I get this for next to nothing. I get to play around with it for a year or two and then yes, do something dumb, like LS swap it.

Whereat? NE somewheres?

Was it black?

So you're not a rotard? Do you have any experience with rotaries and their spinning triangle dark magick?

Yeah, sure. It's only $1K.

All rotaryfags will be triggered when you LS swap it
Lmao

The Renesis is a piece of shit engine because of muh emissions. Have fun busting seals every 3 months.

Do you need a car to get to work?

If so this is stupid.

If you don't have a job, this is even more stupid.

I have none, I do have research. I also have dedication to the dark arts. I will alter my schedule to let it warm up. I will park in strategic locations, so I don't have to move it five feet. I will pour premix into it at all times. I will...suffer. Because owning a rotary is just that. Suffering with bits of joy in between.

Yeah but if he actually does it and tripfags up then we can laugh at him when it goes wrong and tell him "we told you so brah"

ok dont forget to get a tripcode and welcome to Veeky Forums fgt

Deadass homie. Might even be less.

Been here a minute butterball. Took a hiatus, cause Veeky Forums is cancer. Not going to get a trip, trips are for fags and attentionwhores. I am neither of those.

Its not that difficult. I've had two rx8s.

If its an s1 you cannot slack on the premix. 2 fewer oil injectors than s2. Expect terrible mpgs. On the +side they warm up quick as fuck in the winter and will be spewing out warm air before you leave your neighborhood.

Never shut it down when the temp needle is below the middle.

OK but how else are we going to laugh at you for your poor decision when you don't have a vehicle to get to work in and/or end up ruining the only car you can drive that you spent $1k on

For 1k you could've not gotten a better sports car.

Old woman owned, only owner? dealer maintenance? AND youre still complaining?

Theres a shop around my area that will do rebuilds for 3k.

that engine is solid and 3k is still la hell of al lot cheaper than buying a shittier car for that.

Thank you for the advice. Is this picture an accurate depiction of RX8 life?

>Have been told that maintenance records are fairly detailed
If the service records are good and she knew how to take care of the car from day to day, there is no reason why the engine shouldn't last another 50k miles.

You can alwats get a low mileage engine for like 1500 anyway

My R3 gettin delivered via FedEx back in 2011.
25K brand new from Chicago, 1K for shippin'.

I don't know how to trip up, I never cared to learn. You're right though, I need to get one to show you that you don't anything besides hot spicy rotary memes.

Is your area Houston?

I honestly never had a single issue with mine, enginewise. Except for the one time I let a friend detail it and he didn't quite grasp the whole "you need to let it warm up" thing.

It is one of the most fun, pure cars I have ever driven or owned. Mazda knows how to make a good chassis, and the rotary engine is really fun if a bit of a pig gaswise. I still miss my exes on occasion.
For 1K, you pretty much can't go wrong on this tho.

>you don't anything besides hot spicy rotary memes
Moreso the fact that I seem to have more common sense than you
you don't DD a project car, especially one you eventually intent to "LS swap"

nah, UK

Clearly we were having a bit of fun with the LS swap, it'll only take an afternoon.

Car isn't a project. It's in fabulous condition from what I've been told. There are records. Not sure where you got the idea that it was a project.

They are finnicky but it's nothing I can't handle. Catastrophic shit? That's something else, but once I talk to the actual owner and not mother(along with looking at records) I'll have a much clearer idea of the set up. Right now it is at Mum's house, so the car is under "my" care already. Is this the most wise idea? No. But how often do you get to get a car in greact mechanical condition for like 1K?

Someone tell me how to trip like a fag, so I can come back here and shit on the infidels.

Sounds like a perfect LS swap project

if you want to spend 10k in the process go for it.

but you're better off buying a better car for that kind of money.

I can dig that. It'll be an adventure. I'll make sure to post, for you.

I'm not salty about it, just stating the approximate cost.

if it's worth worth doing for you then by all means do it.

I believe you. But I genuinely meant that( in a non salty way/ internet and all). I at least know someone is out there that knows about this and can totes hassle me if this blows up in my face. Like, if this goes dicks, I can only blame me.

$11k invested and it's as fast as a C5 Vette. That's not really that much.

The hardest part of the whole swap is the steering rack.

The stock one is electronic and needs the oem ecu to function so getting that to work is a motherfucker.

Or you can use either a hydraulic rack from an fd rx7 or a miata.

Either way you have to cut and extend the steering shaft.

>>Is your area Houston?
South flo