/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX for 3DS is officially out in Japan.
English Patch: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xACq28WStSM
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/le-traqueur
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/alatreon-dragonspire
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/flaming-halberd
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/flaming-teuza
m.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFXNbm_K8M
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/demonlord-cudgel
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/metal-mauler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder Gajin Hunter is a shill.

He is not even good at the undoubtedly easiest games in the series.

Tasty meat for me to eats!

I want to give Yukumo Chief a big, wet, armpit kiss!

so we like apex gaming or nah?

Hey, thanks for recommending Brave DB
Even if it's probably not amazing, it's pretty damn fun

Now to sleep before another 13 hour work day

R.I.P. Charlotte.

>Kill low rank dinosword in XX.
>Let's nyance doesn't play.
Nice.

I hate Gaijin! I hate Canta! I hate Akantorex! I hate Henry! I hate Apex! I hate Och0pus!

And most of all, I hate Charlotte! I'm joking. Charlotte is a cool guy/girl. Please marry me.

4u?

nice try capcuck.

NEW SPEEDRUN META GUYS
youtu.be/xACq28WStSM

Honestly though, I didn't make it to 4U G yet, but everything else I played of that was extremely easy. I'm still using base defence Tetsu S and beat 10* Caravan Crimson Fatalis w/ melee with no carts which says a lot about the difficulty.

Can I get some help comparing IGs? This situation comes up very often where there are two IGs and one has slightly lower raw but higher element compared to a higher raw and lower element glaive.

Assuming I can get both glaives to 100% crit + crit boost, which glaive would be better? Also keep in mind that since the lower raw weapon has affinity, it can replace what would be CE on one set for another skill, like elemental crit or element atk +1. I'll post the links and give an example if that wasn't clear

Dragon:
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/le-traqueur
vs
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/alatreon-dragonspire

For Le traquer:

Razor Sharp
Weakness Exploit
Elemental Crit
Critical Boost
Dragon Atk +1

Ala:

Razor Sharp
Weakness Exploit
CE +2
Critical Boost
Dragon Atk +1 / Elemental Crit
Fire:
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/flaming-halberd
vs
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/flaming-teuza

Gaijin used to be good at the start, but ecelebism got to him and now he's a bad shill who rarely puts good content.

Apex and Herny are both memers so ymmv, but I like them. They are chill and do some crazy good gameplay stuff.

Canta is very good at the game and a top tier weeb.

AkantoreX is rude and only plays GSnore, but his arena carrys are honestly hilarious.

who the fuck is och0pus

shaggy IG is shit

>lower raw
>blue vs white

the affinity and element doesn't make up for that

same with the fire pair, 30 raw difference is too much

or you could get hellblade

you forgot Ru0822 but he is a big gay

What are the other two items required in that one village request with the silkworms

t. efenbaum

This is the last time I ask this question:

Does Armor Stones makes the game too easy?

>monsters hitzones are 0cut 0impact 100dragon

>final phase of Mantis
>it starts drifting with the wheel
DEJA VU

Playtime and your hunter rank in xx

Lets go

70 hours played rank 88

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFXNbm_K8M

It autoloads phials for you, which helps for Impact as you can immediately go back to discharging once the monster is stunned.
By the way, the circlesaw itself is a guardpoint so if you guard a really strong attack the HA will be wasted.

Meant for

>Brave LS with Critical Juncture for your art
>tfw

Okay I see that the dragon wasn't really worth comparing, ty. But with the fire glaive, you are saying 30 raw > elemental crit/fire atk +1, even considering how many hits IG has? What would be the amount of raw that would make you favor the element side? 10? 20?

best watermelon wyvern ever

Don't diss on Great Sword.
I don't really think Gaijin's a shill, to me he really just looks like some goofy dude who became famous and tries to entertain his audience even though he's a little awkward.
Should double check his sources though.

3U user here, what other Ala weapons should I make? I got the LS already

My favorite youtuber is the speedrunner tailored to my main weapon so its Chris Magyo

AuL is a 20 raw boost

That should tell you how much of a gap 30 raw is, the extra element and affinity won't make up for that.

The only thing that can bridge it is if one has really shitty sharpness, but not in this case since they have similar sharpness.

Anyone who uses voice 11 or 18 can fuck right off, apex included.

So Food boost, Demondrug, and Might seed all stack rite?

What's a good gunlance and set to shoot for now that I'm in G rank MHXX? Do I even need to find new stuff? Stuff doesn't seem to be hitting that hard anyways

>the style with infinite critical junctures that combo into spirit slashes so long as you have flashing gauge
>doesn't bring the art that gives him flashing gauge for 2 minutes

flaming halberd is the better fire glaive.

>YFW the tavern master ara~ ara~ you for the first time

>Retard comes into room clearly labelled for a specific monster
>looks at quest board
>leaves
What the FUCK ARE THEY EXPECTING?!

The real reason to play male is that one voice that's damn near silent most of the time

A different quest featuring said monster

Mantis GL and Mantis armor with talismans obtained from Mantis while raising a small mantis in a box in your room to grant you more mantis power.

Remember to pray to the Mantis.

>YFW the tavern receptionist is secretly waiting to give Meowstress Jr the big wet adult kiss

Hmph! Hah! Hyah!

>not playing the female voice that goes HIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee when doing a strong attack

Alright I think I understand now, one last question to see if I'm on the right page

So when you look at these two:
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/demonlord-cudgel
mhgen.kiranico.com/insectglaive/metal-mauler

You would pick the demonlord correct? Even though the raw is lower by 20, it has a higher sharpness (I would consider it blue since the white is a barely a sliver) than the mauler. That allows the gap to be bridged, in addition to the demonlord having the higher element, for whatever its worth

Mind explaining why you think so?

>mfw Miss Cat lite goes hayakuu on me

I never heard female voice 11 or 18, I assume they sound like overtly screechy/demure anime girls?
t. male hunter

HOLY FUCKKKKK HOW DO YOU PLAY HBG I HAVE TO TRY THIS SHITTTTTTT

CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND ME A GOOD HBG SET NOW

WHAT SKILLS IN THIS VID?!

Who wants to help me do my 2* Urgent?

see

>so long as you have flashing gauge
You can do GP as long as you have spirit gauge filled, it doesn't matter if it's flashing or not.

You've got to try the hunting horn.

Quick Sheathe :^)))

>yfw the tavern master refers to you by name

Yes.

Look up sharpness modifier.

Green is 1.05 and blue is 1.2, so having blue is a huge boost in damage.

The worst thing about that voice is that I probably heard it before in MHO

Cool, ty for the help

>brave dodging can proc Challenger's Sword if you use it on something in rage mode

Now, I'm not saying it's a good skill, or even a better skill than speed sharpen, but damn is it cool to use.

What is the best female voice?

I like voice 5

flaming halberd effective raw: 191.25(198 with crit boost) with white sharpness = 252.45(261)
flaming teuza effective raw: 210 with blue sharpness = 252

so they're fairly equal in the raw damage department. so it comes down to element, halberd's 38 vs teuza's 24. so halberd is stronger.

>play XX!

But what if Generations 2 or whatever they're going to call it comes out

Do I have to start over

5 is good I also like 14. Kinda japanese but not too much

Uh, yes it matters if its flashing. Theres no GP if it isn't flashing

I've always been a fan of voice 1.

Just port the save.
The op has a guide for gen to x transfer and there was an x to gen guide in the past, why would you think there wouldn't be something for xx to genU

you can just convert your save and continue as normal
you have more than half a year, gen2 isn't even announced or teased at all yet

As long as you're in brave mode and have enough spirit to pull the first spirit attack, it will counter.

>and then he said "I like alchemy"

When X was released I believe people played it and then after Gen was produced people transferred from X to Gen, in the same way that people are going from Gen to X to XX now. If Gen 2 comes out then the reverse will probably be possible, although there may be a few items that may get messed up, like DLC.

literally wrong
try playing the game before giving advice retard

Can't you appreciate my support, user?

No, it won't. It needs to be flashing you dumb nigger.

no one has ever said that

I liked Alchemy

if you did it wouldn't be in the past tense

Oh alright, thanks

agnak only has a sliver of white though, It won't last even with razor sharp

>Hold her dick

I don't think you can compare weapons like that; you have to consider the whole set. In the first post both sets were having 100% affinity, so the one with higher raw wins the raw battle assuming they have the same sharpness. And like said, the white is so small that you can assume they are both blue. The only way to say that the halberd is better is to say that the element bonus (either through ele crit or ele atk +1) outweighs the 30 raw. I've played DBs a lot so I like to make sets for the various elements but I was unsure how much ele was worth on IG

Astalos had a weird upbringing

>Voltaic End is back to element instead of keeping its power phial from the demo

I fucking love DB!

What a shame.

>deviant astalos weapons are just slotless versions of normal Narg weapons with shittier sharpness and negligble thunder element

K thanks for nothing i guess

Crapcom really needs to show us what nakarkos looks like with out all the bone crap. I want it know how many arms it has and whether they have fins line cuttlefish or are they ammonite

>add armor set thats makes extra decoration slots universally more important
>deviant weapons still don't have slots

>last boss's armor literally ruins the game
>its not even a hard monster to beat

Nudity is haram even on monsters.
Even Nerscylla has the decency to keep whatever remains of her clothes once you tear it through like a kafir

mods

>its not even a hard monster to beat
I hope you're not talking about the last phase.