Veeky Forums feels

>tfw you see the same exact make and model of your car but in better (physical) condition then yours

my car needs 2 new doors and has some body damage. even if my car is a shitbox i want it to have that show car shine. its already paid for and has excellent mechanical condition

>see same car but with a better model trim

>see same car, as your project car, actually running

>when you crash your 100kw hatch and upgrade to a flat 6 subaru (both from the same year)

i just miss my old car so much bros.
it was loud and rattly but i felt such a connection with it and the road, always made me happy.
now driving something much more powerful, with more technology it feels way too insulated and safe.
everyone says i've upgraded and my old car was trash but im still greiving.
pic related

>Your car struggles to go uphill and then you take it to San Francisco

>when you see a car you used to have
>when you see a car

>Yfw a riced out shitbox outruns your car

>Never seen my model of car before in public
>See the second generation models all over the fucking place
>mfw

t. mr-2 owner

>tfw my generation model is slowly disappearing from the streets
>tfw more recent gens are everywhere

Turtonator a cute

Who else /sleeper/?

>tfw drive base vehicle
>little does anyone know, I have a big block V8 with a supercharger tucked under the hood

>tfw poor
>haven't had a car that passes inspection in 3 years now
>evasive maneuvers every time I see a cop because no matter how law-abiding I am, my car itself is such a piece of shit, it breaks the law by existing on public roads
>every time I try to do major work by myself, I fuck something up and end up taking it to a mechanic anyway, spending more money than I would have if I had just taken it to the mechanic in the first place
>keep buying tools and parts because being able to fix my own shit is the only redeeming quality I have as a person
>but I can't actually, and I'm just lying to myself
>parts pile up on the kitchen table because I'm too scared to try wrenching on my DD in case I fuck up like I always do and then can't get to work the next day
>dream of owning old muscle car or something but with how much of a failure I am, I'd need to buy one that's in perfect condition to ever drive it. trying to fix anything myself would only make it worse

When did you realize you're not a car guy? I have one car with the engine half-disassembled and a bolt broken off in the head that I can't extract, another with a rusted frame that hasn't been sold yet because I want some parts off of it but lack the motivation to get in there and remove them because they'd be going on the one with the busted engine, and my DD has a busted head gasket letting oil into two cylinders and irreparable unibody rust.
If I want my life to progress, I need to sell all my shitboxes and all my tools and use the money on a downpayment for a brand new car that won't fuck me over twice a month, but I can't bite the bullet and do it. The one with the fucked up engine is SO CLOSE to being driveable and inspectable if I could just get that bolt out.

>previous car had a friendly community and a wave as you passed by on public roads
>current car has no such community
>waving at the other car just causes confusion and makes me look autistic

>own a MK5 Golf
>for all intents and purposes, it's a shitbox
>live in the southwest, all the hispanics think it's great because "it's a VW meng"
>want to try and fix it up so I can sell it can get the maximum $$$ but it's got sentimental value because its my shitbox goddammit
>but it's still a shitbox

>inspections
What a cuck. Move to the gray.

>tfw live in a striped state

>tfw pennsylvania
Once I get some money I'm moving to Ohio just to avoid inspections.

My car is fairly new so i don't have this problem.

yeah maybe I know this feel
big whoop wanna fight aboudit

I'm trying to prep my car for a new rocker panel but I keep grinding and it's still rust
IT'S RUST ALL THE WAY DOWN
I don't think there's any actual steel left to weld this new panel to