How the hell do I make car friends?

How the hell do I make car friends?

I go to cars and coffee every time I'm off work... for almost a year now.

I chat with people, hang out, and bullshit with them, but never got an invite to another meet a phone number, or anything. I even offer people an extra set of hands to help their works in progress, but fucking nothing.

Am I really that weird lonely guy that no one wants anything to do with?

What do?

>Am I really that weird lonely guy that no one wants anything to do with?
No, that's me.

Become the person you want to hang out with

It's ok br/o/ I'll be your friend

What kind of cars do you like? Where do you live?

I'm in Reno and I have the same issue. People here are very close minded. I've noticed that about Vegas too. Very selfish people. They want to talk about THEIR car and THEIR awesomeness. But if you let them know you track YOUR car, they suddenly shut up or start spouting nonsense about their vehicles statistics.

This includes the track days I attend.

I think you just need to find people who like things the same way. I used to know a cool guy but he fucking dropped off the face of the earth. Stopped texting me, emailing me, hiking with me. We used to just chill and talk cars and every now and then raced up and down mountain roads. Since he's vanished, I pretty much just chat online with people of similar interests.

If you're local to Reno, lets hang out. I not the judgmental type. So if you like LS1 powered RX7's, k. If you like miatas with mad lifts, meh. I'm pretty easy going as long as you don't act like a rich douche bag who doesn't do anything but garage his car.

>Become the person you want to hang out with

I try to be. I feel like I'm just a reject at life anymore though.

+ when?

www.twingomingle.com

Why aren't you just straight up with them and ask if they want to hangout apart from Cars n Coffee or ask for their numbers?

You sound like you're pussyfooting around and definitely possible autist/neet.

working at a car dealership has made me about a dozen car guy friends and I'm fucking shit at socializing, but when it comes to talking about something I love I'm not so shy. Works out cause most guys at the dealership love cars just as much and don't mind me talking on and on about cars. Been invited to go racing with all the mechanics a couple times now. I'd say it helps if you actually drive a cool car, cause that made a lot of car guys come up to me first and ask me about my car, which is nice cause I'm too awkward to walk up to guys I don't know and ask them about their car. I'd say you probably drive something gay and guys at the meet don't want to be seen with some dude who drives a miata or twingo.

>What kind of cars do you like? Where do you live?

I like any and all cars seriously. I'm In Charleston, SC

>I used to know a cool guy but he fucking dropped off the face of the earth. Stopped texting me, emailing me, hiking with me. We used to just chill and talk cars and every now and then raced up and down mountain roads.

That sounds like the friend I want to have. Minus the disappearing part.

The only friend you'll meet at cars and coffee is your boyfriend.

Because you're trying to find fulfillment in the opinions of others, not in the things you enjoy

>become a literal furry circlejerk chat room

>Why aren't you just straight up with them and ask if they want to hangout apart from Cars n Coffee or ask for their numbers?

I tried a handful of times but got noncommittal responses and i guess I got cold feet after that.

The only friend I have at cars and coffee is the coffee.

Well shoot me an email if you want a pen pal. Throw away email is [email protected].

Too bad you aren't close enough for us to hang but at least we can bs. I also belong to a couple Veeky Forums meet up groups. Haven't been able to get to any as of late, but n/o/rcal and s/o/cal has got some pretty chill people.

>Because you're trying to find fulfillment in the opinions of others, not in the things you enjoy

I'm literally just trying to find like minded people who share the same love of all things automotive that I do.

That's not you, man. That's just those kind of people.

>That's just those kind of people.

So all kinds of people?

Idk if this helps but ive met 2 friends just at the traffic lights and complimenting their car, and then just start hanging with their group

Have you given them the succ yet?

Nah, received it

muh nigga