Post your radios

Post your radios.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jh838B_JNOE
ebay.com/itm/Alpine-ERA-G150-Signal-Processor-TDM-7535J-Cassette-Deck/272670005226
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0
ebay.ca/itm/TOYOTA-3000-Radio-CC-Classic-player-/322506988621?hash=item4b16ea1c4d:g:z08AAOSwNSxUzjp2
amazon.com/POWER-ACOUSTIK-PCD-42-Double-Receiver/dp/B00I4I92OK/ref=sr_1_58?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1495420135&sr=1-58&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:3414586011
instructables.com/id/Auxiliary-Port-for-Any-RadioCassette-Player-Monsoo/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice

kind of a shitty pic but its an OEM 1990 tapedeck with CD player din attachment

youtube.com/watch?v=jh838B_JNOE

Is that a real alpina?

I wish they would make aftermarket stereos that looked like original cassette decks but accepted usbs

Shit, I just wished they made aftermarket stereos that looked like original cassette decks and played cassettes too.

Why do you guys all drive cars old enough to have fucking tapedecks in them?

Muh fedora, muh nostalgia, muh stock-centric, muh era restoration.

Fucking cassettes are cancer, stretching media, subjective to dirt, magnetic recording.

Disgusting 'muh analogue'.

I've been looking into retro, period-correct aftermarket radios for my car. Apparently, Blaupunkt was putting aux inputs on their top end headunits as far back as the early 80s. Just sucks that all the shit is exorbitantly expensive

Because it's a niche market, not necessarily quality.

Its so expensive because retards buy them anyways. So they can charge crazy stupid prices because dumbasses eat it up, kinda like apple products....

The sound system in my newest shitbox a shit.
Was considering going with a 1/2 din CD player and a 1/2 din EQ underneath it since I never listen to the radio. Bad idea or no?

> 1/2 din
Is this a thing, or do you mean single-din?

Naw, I have seen a couple dedicated CD players with SD, USB and AUX inputs like pic related.
I only have a 1DIN opening so I was thinking the half CD and half EQ underneath it would look pretty retro with actual buttons and no gaudy displays, but prove more reliable than running cassettes.

That's pretty lit I didn't know this was a thing

CDs? Tape? Get out of the 80s and 90s.

OG tape deck represent

Cool, you can join the circlejerk of vinyl, masters of inferior tech.

Vinyl isn't inferior tech, tape is.

Anyway, I don't use tapes, I have a stealth fm/bluetooth/usb charger thing.

You could make a case for Vinyl considering that it's a pure analog signal, the groove carved into it mirrors the original sound's waveform.
This means that no information is lost.

A tape deck, not so much despite being analog.

Quite fond of the Alpine CDA-9887

cars drive by with the boomin system

agree
:3
sup famalamadingdong
cool

So long as you admit it's inferior/deprecated technology and you only use it because that's what your used car came with or can't afford a new one.

Ordered one of these bad boys to replace the stock Radio 20.

Love this thread. Love older car interiors.

The pic related isn't my image, but it's the same make and model. My imouto has a tape deck, and I think that's neat.

honestly I don't really mind saying its inferior tech/sound quality. just bought it to replace my 90's aftermarket headunit that looked too 90's man. I like the simplicity of the 80's; modern units just weren't doing it for me

This really I've looked at a lot of aftermarket head units and I can't find one that has the same clean simple design or one that looks as nice in the dashboard.

Just making sure you guys weren't getting all fedora.

That's okay I don't think I actually even own any tapes.

They didn't age well in their 'heyday'.

No just have a wheel and shift knob

You can wire a USB input into any old cassette head

You don't need an audio input from the factory, you can put your own in for pennies

Got given it for free, can't get radio signal.

So I dunno if it's buggered, my aerial adaptor sucks, the aerial just happened to break or if it was somehow made to only work with stock headunit. (Has a broken power button, couldn't turn back on after swapping radios to test).

Doesn't matter too much since I don't listen to the radio. Would be nice to have it working though.

Yeah sorry can't see shit in that pic but only one I had

I miss my old car

>willingly putting a touchscreen in your car

Nice setup on ebay right now, you could just run a USB/bluetooth/ipod/whatever straight into the RCA on the processor

ebay.com/itm/Alpine-ERA-G150-Signal-Processor-TDM-7535J-Cassette-Deck/272670005226

Plebs

gross

What a gaudy, obnoxious, pretentious, pathetic, shitty piece of shit you have there.

here's mine.
Old one used to be
tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0l7dzB0y0

>tfw f&f garbage

better pic

Shitty picture.
Don't know what it is but it works well enough, besides it crackling when I move the Fade knob

Where could I go locally to try and find one of these? I know they're pretty rare. Garage sales?

Aftermarket master race signing in

I wish I had an old school stereo head unit and EQ to listen to my Billy Idol tapes with

ebay.ca/itm/TOYOTA-3000-Radio-CC-Classic-player-/322506988621?hash=item4b16ea1c4d:g:z08AAOSwNSxUzjp2

I really like this, should I?

Toyota stock radio represent
Might be a good place to ask: AUX function doesn't seem to work, even with the cable plugged in. I got it to swap to AUX one or two times for a half second, then it blipped back to FM.
Bad AUX cable? Button broken? Ideas?

Small ass screen baka

>modern tacky double din head units in a car from 1970-1990

>Meme Grips

Only got this night time pic

c o z y
o
z
y

looking for a really cheap double din, is this one any gud?
>amazon.com/POWER-ACOUSTIK-PCD-42-Double-Receiver/dp/B00I4I92OK/ref=sr_1_58?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1495420135&sr=1-58&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:3414586011
anybody have anything better to suggest?

>You can wire a USB input into any old cassette head
relevant to my poorfag interests, how do?

>Having anything more than AM Radio

I'm so jealous of you, my 87 only has a tape deck, and there's a fucking tape stuck in it. I have to pull out the entire unit to get it out, and at that point, I think I'm just gonna replace it with a nice double DIN radio of some sort.

I like it but I wouldn't mind replacing it with something aesthetic like this

tunebox 4 muh shitbox

It depends on the radio -
instructables.com/id/Auxiliary-Port-for-Any-RadioCassette-Player-Monsoo/

On my setup since it had a CD changer input I just wired the ipod adapter to the aux in for the changer, then bridged 2 pins with a resistor so the radio thinks there is a CD changer actually present (in my case I can still use the tape deck and radio normally if I wanted to). As long as you get a bigger brand deck that audiophiles actually like (Alpine, Blaupunkt, Pioneer, Kenwood, etc.) chances are someone has figured out how to wire in an external audio source and posted how to do it on the internet.

There's your calling user

It's a little too expensive for me, and that one advertised isn't 100% functional, if I'm paying that much for both I want them working.

If I find an old 80s Alpine/kenwood tape deck can I just go out and find any 80s car EQ and run it as a double din setup?

>19, 67, 75, 82, L8

Holy shit I never even realized that lmfao. I wonder if it's the same on