Convince me to buy a Focus RS, Veeky Forums...

Convince me to buy a Focus RS, Veeky Forums. I hear it's one of the most fun cars to drive but at 59k I could easily buy a new BMW instead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5A9Ub-HJ8TE
mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-18/ato-deputy-commissioner-entangled-in-fraud-investigation/8536288
youtu.be/8wDI_fQhxuE
youtube.com/watch?v=NdvuJHQFFbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Focus RS
>59k
what kind of shithole are you living in OP?

There is this thing called an Audi RS3... maybe you should look into that first you fag.

Australia

youtube.com/watch?v=5A9Ub-HJ8TE

Everyone on Veeky Forums says Audis are shit

get an evo 7

I live in Burgerstan and we don't get the focus RS. I want to buy a 2003ish Focus ZX3 but I don't know if it's worth it.

I thought the Focus RS came in at $50kish here. Is that what it works out to after the dealer fucks you in the arse cause everyone wants one?

RS3 is extremely expensive in Australia (we have luxury car tax), and it only comes with DSG. I love the new RS3 Sedan and I'd probably get one as a company car if they weren't so fucking expensive.

Similarly, The S3 is great too and it comes in manual, but it's hardly quatto anymore; it's just haldex rebranded. For a car company with a million brands that could be used for so many other purposes, VAG really knows how to miss the mark

Just go and test drive it you faggot fuck. Why should you give a shit about what a bunch of virgins who can't even afford one on a belgian waffle enthusiast forum?

Sometimes I wish the internet never existed so people could think for themselves.

>Buying an overpriced Golf R when you can have the better looking, lighter one for cheaper

There's a million cars out there, maybe he wants some opinions before he takes 2 hours out of his day to test drive a car, sweetie.

Yeah that's the dealership price + the optional grippier michelin cup wheels.

>luxury car tax
Australia is so cucked it's unbelievable. Do you faggots have anything that isn't taxed?

its cool and all but the interior is fuckin awful, its just a regular focus interior with blue stitching, doesn't feel like the pricetag on the inside, but it looks good on the outside

the rich:
mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-18/ato-deputy-commissioner-entangled-in-fraud-investigation/8536288

Nah not really. It's a fucking joke, really. The problem is we've just got a government that's way too big and give subsidies to shit people should have to cover themselves.

Why the fuck should I have to subsidize childcare for people too fucking stupid to budget in a pack of condoms, let alone a fucking child.

Ignore these echo chamber retards. Audi is amazing

I can't justify that car at 45k. 59k for that is batshit crazy.

Get a Focus ST instead.

the only people who say Audis are shit are people who can't afford them

And people who've owned them.

Rs3 has the same underpinning as a golf but you get a 400hp turbo 5 pot. Pretty cool. Now, the haldex is a bit of a turn off but the RS is similarly biased to the front wheels and won't have any semblance of luxury like the Audi

Get a m2 youtu.be/8wDI_fQhxuE

Golf R a best

had a 02 audi S4, putting 240K on it now and it literally never breaks down, cept usual brakes and rotor turns and wipers.

Not really.

My cousin bought one. He got cancer on his balls.

This
Or M240i

>no timing chain issues
how is this possible.mp4

i would get one if they got rid of that try-hard blue and the interior didn't look like ass

T. has never owned an Audi

You only make the mistake of buying one once.

Shit nigra, whats wrong with a ford falcon ute or some shit? You guys have all those cool exclusive cars down there, might as well take advantage

If they're easy to replace there's no reason to have timing chain issues

I had a 94 accord with 350k miles that never had those issues because hey, ez replace

at 59k you can buy a restored 560sec

59k? the RS is only 35

>le ebin vag meme

The only reason you would buy anything mentioned in this thread is because you forgot a WRX STI exists.

Pic related. The GOAT.

but daddy told me not to buy it
youtube.com/watch?v=NdvuJHQFFbU

The new RS3 has a 400hp 2.5L 5c engine, it's much better than the Golf R.

The Focus RS does everything the WRX STI does and better

.................yes we do.............

Isn't this the car that hasn't had it's platform updated for nearly a decade?

It loses to the the focus rs

>59K
it's 60k. don't let it fool you.

It really doesn't unless you mean outside of tracking a car in which case why would you look at either one of these cars. For 33k, the STi is the better buy.

Would the Focus RS be more reliable than the Golf R?

Probably. Everyone says the Focus RS is an amazing car.

The RS3 is more civilized for everyday life, but since OP lives in Australia he has probably never seen civilization anyway.

Sorry user might not be worth at that price, paid 36k in texas usa. Car has a ton of headroom for another 90whp and 110wtq with just a tune as long as you have the revised engine. Check production date and read up on focusrs.org before serious purchase.

I went with the STI because I didn't trust the RS's AWD in the Canadian winter, and I know the RS would be full of rust in a year or two because of all the salt. Rust resistance was actually my biggest concern.

Tbh being able to lock the wheels together is really awesome when there's 30cm outside.

If I was down in the warm states I would have got a Mustang GT for sure instead of the RS.

Is it your daily driver? Is it as fun as people say in the reviews? What I'm reading is that it's the best hot hatch available in terms of fun, but the ride is on the edge of being too stiff and it bounces you around a bit.

Fuck that shit, go cop a CPO 435xi for $35k instead. On top of the warranty they give you 4 years of free maintenance, brakes and all. Car basically pays for itself.

I really feel the RS is better all around as long as you have the revised forged engine it was proven reliable and high powered in the ecoboost mustang for years. GT has a lower base price but the RS can put it to the ground more reliably for less money in parts.
It has been a great car and I beat the hell out of it as a daily driver. 2000 miles a month and no issues whatsoever. Ride is stiff you will have to address that aftermarket and the driving seat is a little high which a bracket for $300 will lower it but that is all I've experienced.

If that's in AUD it works out to be $44000 USD heads up.

Many people keep forgetting that USD =! AUD w

We can import cars younger than 25 years desu

Under steering antique

It's still overpriced.

>Everyone on Veeky Forums says Audis are shit
That should tell you they are good.

well they're just overpriced VWs

Maybe in 2020 when Subaru finally throw that EJ engine into the trash
>33k
In the US, yes. But here in Aus, they're in the 50-60k AUD price bracket

What's wrong with the Holden Commodore SS? I'd buy one if they sold them in my country.

RS overheats on racetrack.

it is all marketing.
Corvet still has overheating issue, so does gt 350, and RS.
They say "track ready monster !!"
Let's be real, they dont want you to track them

It can never be more than a hundred or two to slap a new fan or a better radiator anyway. Just fix it.

Fucking this OP. Get a car with a real engine

I know aftermarket will fix them, but for the price why couldn't manufacturers fix them before the release ?

Where the fuck do you live cause we definitely do

The differentials overheat and shut Down, so u drive with fwd and max. 80kph Back to the pits

There are three audi A8s on craigslist here atm for less than $4k. They look good and aren't even very old.
Once they're out of warranty they're like a hot potato.

That's a lot of fucking money for a hot hatch made by Ford.