Should I tint my 3k civic? it's close to summer and the sun gives me headaches

should I tint my 3k civic? it's close to summer and the sun gives me headaches

>also live in PA, where the max tint is 70%

Other urls found in this thread:

fitovers.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wear sunglasses

50% probably won't land you in any trouble but will still help in blocking out some sun. I live in CO at high altitude and it seems like if I'm driving anything without window tint I'm just constantly baking in the sun and I hate it. I took my Jeep on a 6 hour trip and when I got back my left arm and the left side of my face and scalp were sunburned. super fun.

70% max? Just wear sunglasses and save yourself a bunch of money.

if you dont plan on driving at night, go for it.
otherwise, stop acting like a nigger and wear sunglasses.

>just wear sunglasses

tfw wear regular glasses so cannot wear sunshades

>your eyes are the only thing affected by sun
god you guys are a bunch of dumbasses

I think all those faggots are assuming OP is putting the tint on his windshield.

Which I hope he is not.

You can't get sunburned through glass m8

I honestly can't think of any other reason why you'd want tinted glass other than glare, which of course you can just wear sunglasses to deal with. If the sun is hot turn your air conditioner on.

It looks better

I'm looking for tint for mine that has absolutely zero tinting on it stock. In some newer cars I've been in, they've used a ceramic or metallic foil tint that helps reduce the heat coming into the car while still letting lots of light in. Anyone know where to get it without it being shit quality? I'd still like to be able to see at night.

tfw you buy a used car from someone who had a medical license for nearly unlimited window tinting but you can't see shit at night

I live in PA, near Philly specifically.
Everyone gets 15-20%, no one really gives a shit.

>Implying an air conditioner can keep up with a glass bubble
People even tint their home and business windows to cut down on solar heat entering.
You're an idiot if you think because you have ac there is no advantage to having tint.

Just check online or go to a store that sells eyeglasses. Most decent shops should have sunglasses that just clip right on with no effort at all

>I honestly can't think of any other reason why you'd want tinted glass other than glare

Good tint blocks most of the ultraviolet. That improves the lifespan of your interior. We all know the combination of UV plus heat decreases the lifespan of leather, seat upholstery, plastics, and fabrics.

Tinting also reduces the load on the A/C. If you like running the fan speed at a lower setting, then get window tint.

Make sure your Tint is not made in China. You want it to meet specifications that it actually does block as much ultraviolet as it claims.

get prescription sunglasses. i've had them for years (migraineur) and they're a fucking lifesaver.

Pussy.
I have 30% on my entire windshield (not just a strip at the top).

Where do you live? Where I live there's always this deal where you get a set of sunglasses that matches your regular strength glasses. It's very helpful for both driving and riding a motorcycle. It's usually the reflection of sunlight on the surfaces of water (lakes, streams etc.) that causes my headaches

There are sunglasses that go over regular glasses.
fitovers.com/

Also in Colorado

>I see 5% tint on everyones car
>I went for the 30% and it just isn't enough

I found a pair of prescription raybans on glassesusa.com for like $120

git gud

>bought a black car with 5% tint on the door windows, back window, and back side windows
>stealership tore off the tint on the drivers + passenger windows "or else it wouldn't have passed inspection and we couldn't sell you the car brah"
Should I just pay a shop $200 to do it or should I buy the stuff to do it myself at VatoZone?

I have low self confidence and fuck things up regularly

Get contacts

>not getting transition lenses

They don't exactly "transition" fully when you're innacar because of the UV filtering that most newer windshields + windows have. I think the "transition" effect is triggered specifically by UV light

t. actual transitions owner; switched back to rx sunglasses

Tint is one of those things you just pay the price for. Kind of like namebrand mayonnaise.

Tint them however dark you want then if you are ever pulled 9ver just roll down front windows. I've never had any problem with my 30% and that's illegal in my state. Cops don't care unless you are a dick and don't roll your windows down

>Kind of like namebrand mayonnaise.
Duke's, right? Duke's?

also I'm wondering how gay/lame/funky/gay it would look if I were to get a less dark shade of tinting on the drivers + passenger windows, since I've got 5% on the back-side windows and rear window

Wrong. Glass blocks infrared, not UV.

I remember back in school only the most autismo spergs would wear those.
Looking at Scotty, I guess they don't grow out of that :^)

>tfw tint so dark on my rear window I can't see out of it at night

might do this until my insurance next allows me to get new prescription sunglasses

>at least if I tint my windows people won't see how autismo the clip-ons will look

It will look fine with different tints.
Very few people can do their own tint and have it look good. But its only 10 bucks for a roll to try it out.
Dust is the biggest problem. If you can't do it inside a garage, don't bother.

Dark ass tint makes any shit box look better fuck the police

I've got 35% on sides and back. Got pulled over when I was driving through ND (I've got WA plates and I drive a niceish car), but he didn't give me a citation. Looks good, keeps glare under control.

>what is uv glass?

Buying new UV glass instead of just paying 200$ to tint it

just get fucking clip ons like the rest of the world

zennioptical.com
Ships from china for 30-40 bucks a pair. Comparable quality to the glasses store merchant but not 300 bucks a pair. Shipping takes a bit, 10 days or so but it's saved me a ton of money.