Rain world general

does vidya even play this game?

let's share strategies and tidbits.

bump
post slugcats

come on, seriously now?

hollow knight has a general and no one's playing this game?

do you know what do you have to do in garbage wastes? i went past here, but it's just a dead end.

here's what it looks like

user, do you know what exploding snails are for? do they stun leeches? do they counter tentacle monsters?

at that moment little slugcat accepted its fate

how do you go past here?!

There was a thread on /v/ yesterday that lasted for like 200 posts. I had seen the trailer but didn’t feel like play it until I read about how hard the game was, and its old school game design, which kinda made me instantly buy it. I’m 1.4 hours into the game, and I love it so far. The main complaints are about things that I like in this game. My only actual complaint is the small resolution, but I can get over that.

did you get to the garbage wastes yet?

Nah, still on the outskirts. I passed a karma gate but died on the other side so I'm still in the starting area I guess (which is really big)

jesus christ, i finally got past that shit with leeches. this game is hard as fuck.

i had to find a proper checkpoint, then give a pearl to the scavengers, then very VERY gently steal two spears from them, throw these spears past two tentacles that want to steal the spears, THEN make a pixel-precise jump two times, THEN throw the spears into the sides of two platforms(if you don't hit the platforms right you lose the spears), and all that on a 15-min timer.

it's like a quest out of 90's crossed with dark souls.

metroidvania/survival/stealth/souls

the thing it's more of an adventure than metroid. you don't find upgrades and don't really have to platform that hard. but you do have to solve puzzles to simply not starve.

i've made it to the shoreline! and here food's aplenty.

It's a different breed of puzzles, less about "how should I activate this contraption" and more about "how am I going to get past those lizards before the rain falls"

I was mostly referring to the 2D exploration aspect of metroidvanias. Though the multi-layer structures adds a bit to the confusion.

I kinda wish the devs would posts add some wallpapers on their website.

[muffled slugcat screams]

just when you think you're safe there's a fucking vulture.

what the fuck is this thing?!

and where do i go? the fucking paperclip thing just bolted.

sympathy bump, It's a bit sad to see you try to keep this thread alive by yourself. It's morning in the US, I'm not surprised that there aren't much posters.

you can actually savescum here and it's a big help since unless you have max karma the papaerclip won't tell you where to go.

so if you're having a hard time find shelter with lots of food nearby, sleep until you have max karma and a shield, sleep again, on sleep screen choose exit, go to game directory and copy both world AND userdata folders. now if you die and then die again and lose your shield just replace both folders.

OH GOD WHAT IS THIS

I DON'T WANT TO PROCEED

oh fuck you paperclip, i'm NOT going there

OH SHIT I FOUND HER!

Well now even I don't wanna keep this tab open by fear of getting spoiled, I'm out.

well shit.

doesn't anyone know what to do with the girl?

apparently you just go sleep

I played for a bit yesterday, its great so far.
Im gonna go back to it after im done with work.
Also one of those neon lizards stole my spear while i was killing it, fucker just ran off with it sticking out of its ass