Alrighty, you glorious autists, my peers

Is there a way to build a complete vehicle from parts that cost less than showroom?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

How?

With tools.

Stupid. 2/100 for effort.

Look up Locosts.

No economies of scale mean you would be paying significantly more for one of each part while Ford pays 1/10th of that since there's buying 100000 of everything you

Really?

>Junk yard: pick and pull events / sales
>Don't be in a rush
>Have a garage bay
>Have tools

If a man can trade a paperclip for a house...

I wonder how OEM tier 1 and 2 suppliers scrap stuff...hmmm

I'm down...

Are Locosts street legal?

Yes, they're called kit cars, and there's a much wider variety of them than just .

Jeep frame, a couple axles with suspension bits, seat, fuel tank, and a rebuilt engine/transmission.

Not sure what comes next?

Mustang with a 302. I did it. Even used street/race parts to do it.

Start with a $200 roller and fix it.

Self-built cars legality varies by state. They usually have a special registration for them that identifies them as such, and they require basic safety equipment like belts, a windshield, lights on all 4 corners and some kind of turn signal.

well, it fits since thread is quite stupid as well. Do you really think you can be more cost-effective than company that makes hundreds of cars daily in automated production lane, just because you have some free time to spare?

> you really think you can be more cost-effective than company
Yes if one's time is free and there is no need to pay for garage rent.

this comment and OPs mindset are just so out of touch with how things really are its funny

like really dude,

you are so stupid its funny

He's not wrong. Kit cars exist. It's easy to get them legal in the US at least too.

Pick and pull

Just buy a secondhand car you fuckin autistic faggot

We put parts in scrap hoppers...they are scrap for reason. Parts that are functional but out of tolerance require a deviation, then get shipped...

1.Get job at factory, sneak out one piece at a time in lunchbox.
2. Ride around in style
3. Drive everybody wild.

>get used car, say an FD
>replace all wornout parts with replacement parts
>fuck it, replace the entire powertrain
>ah whatever, replace all body panels
>while we're at it, lets build a completely new frame from aluminium
>yo, why did i even buy that FD in the first place?
Btw, you cant transfer a vin to a new frame right? Assuming the donor is crushed

you'll know its me when i come through your town

G E N I U S
E
N
I
U
S

You can so long as you don't tell anyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

Not using new parts.

easily most of what suckers pay for msrp is inflation from lack of competition the most expensive thing is the body followed by drive train then suspeesion steering and brakes

A well trained cop can tell.

Youre the retarded one, he's not wrong

They're about as common as a clever nigger so he'll be fine.

Homebuilding a vehicle for on-road use is perfectly legal as-is, at least in glorious 'Murica. Just gotta build the damn thing and get it inspected for safety by State Police or DMV. Exact requirements depend on the state.

Didn't cost me a dime

>Police
>Well-trained

Can't even keep them from assualting and killing innocents just based on their skin color, how do you expect them to know anything about cars?

>blacks
>innocent

>niggers
FTFY

A lot of Pick n Pulls have $50 Saturdays where it's $50 to haul out whatever you can in 1 trip.

Calling bullshit. Pick n Pulls are few and far between, and $50 is the price of two small items from one. You're seriously trying to convince me that a yard would allow an individual to haul out potentially thousands of dollars worth of parts for $50?