/dsg/ - Demon's and Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Got ganked:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/03/dark-souls-iii-director-not-concerned-whether-not-next-game-resembles-dark-souls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm done trying to summon people for Midir.

Word of advice for anyone trying to do so right now: If you summon some guy named Kalder, just black crystal him out. That retard dies instantly to ANY hit. I summoned him twice and both times he couldn't last 30 seconds.

>can't use inventory when argo is talking
>can't use ember once in the boss room
>used dark resin instead of estus
just fuck my shit up - the attempt

Fuck, ignore this thread.

Detour

>fought him with a ugs, and i felt like it wasnt designed around slower weapons

How so? I found the his recovery times after doing his swipes, right to left flame blast and the downward flame blast was long enough.

The standing downward flame is pretty easy to bait too.

Reminder

The Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords is the currently best PvP weapon in the game. It has a 100-0 stunlock combo and there is no counter to it. They will poise through whatever you do and then one-combo you

no

counter

Reminder

The Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords is the currently best PvP weapon in the game. It has a 100-0 stunlock combo and there is no counter to it. They will poise through whatever you do and then one-combo you

no

counter

Reminder

no

counter

Man, going back and fighting the Dancer.
I forgot how nice her butt is.

Fuck, didn't see old thread was at the limit. Repost from Would anybody be so kind to drop me a Demon's Scar on PC?

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

>They will poise through whatever you do and then one-combo you

I've been twohanding a Heavy Greatsword into it

Patches would be a good paladin if it weren't for the fact that paladins are filthy clerics

Played through the dlc first time on my mage. Ended up not using spells at all on midir and changed my crystal longsword to sharp and used cmw. At least I learned how to fight it after dying 20 times

t. 27 vig in master's attire

MOOOOOOOOOM I did the DLC at NG+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ HELB ME SUMMON SO HARD

>b-b-but I have to follow /dsg/ rules or my playthrough and opinion of the DLC is not valid

Just got the game today. I missed the first two but I know they were hard.

Any tip?
I got until the dude stabbed in the lake, then I got killed and turned off the console.

FASHION TIME

>hexslut

>Go into 2v2 arena
>BKS&Propaned vs 2UGS and splitleaf-its totally a GS shut the fuck up-greatsword
>Zero(0) kill on our part, keep getting locked by 2UGS, splitleaf just mops up with 2H R1's
Jesus nippletwisting christ

fuck, autopost.

>They will poise through whatever you do and then one-combo you

I've been twohanding a Heavy Greatsword into it, I don't get staggered and half the time end up outdamaging into them.

Quote a post that said any of this.

>elven slut

Reminder

no

counter

>I got until the dude stabbed in the lake
Where, who?

General tips; take it slow, keep checking your surroundings for upcoming ambushes, items, and hidden paths.
Check bloodstains to warn of danger, check messages from time to time for area-specific hints

>Hand it over. That thing, your Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City™
fucking really, Miyazaki?

the first boss.
any idea where to get more hp or a good shield?

Are you over level 10?
Do you play with a controller?
Do you use a weapon?
Are you in front of a monitor?
Do you play the game?

If any of the above matches in with you, you aren't allowed to say the game is easy.

Soulbabs are hilarious as fuck LOOOOOOL

Guys...?
Is this it? The great finale of the Souls franchise and not even a cutscene or anything? This sounds like DLC3 bait when we know that there will not be a DLC3.

I mean overall I enjoyed this DLC but once again I just have more questions than answers.
>Angels of Lothric just thrown at you without explanation
>Kaathe/Frampt is a doggo
>Pygmies, as in plural
>They weren't even Gwyn's enemies

Dodging is better than blocking and will serve you better in the long run.

You'll be able to get more HP by leveling up...by talking to an NPC after the boss.

What class are you?
You cant level-up until you beat that boss, dont try to block him; learn to roll past him

There are some firebombs in the area before him. Those can help with the 2nd phase

>tfw actually expected Lapp to be your BFF

DLC wasn't finished (there's even new cut content that they patched into the game), just don't worry about it and find another series to get invested in

Nice one senpai, desert sorc chest is different with only that leggings afaik.

Here my pyro slut

The last significant thing I did in all of TRC was get kicked off a ledge by fucking Patches.
Fitting end.

REEE

>the final message of DS3 is ''Please buy Bloodborne''

Really FROM?

>Patches
>not unironically your best friend after this DLC

Why is Dark Blade a miracle?

It is completely useless, (25 faith), you might as well save 10 points and get Blessed Weapon with a better AR or just use five more points and get Darkmoon Blade for a superior buff AR.

Not to mention I think it would be more fitting being a Pyromancy instead, and maybe drop the faith requirement to 20 (or buff the AR scaling). Think it would also fit better in the Black Flame stuff in Pyromancies rather than the holy stuff in Miracles. Its totally useless as of right now imho, pyromancy could use another choice for buffs.

ey bb u wanna fug?

>WAAAAH THIS BOSS IS SO HARD AND KEEPS USING THIS HARD TO DODGE ATTACK
>Keeps attacking from the position that causes the boss to use that move

I mean, it's the better game. It's good advice.

His mouth is too high up on his face, isn't it?

Who?

>invade someone
>host does nothing but passively retreating
Why the hell do these people even blame this game? What's the point?

He looks like he's upset

>all those red signs infront of the church

Just kill the dragon already you shitters

I just dressed my character randomly and choosed random stats.

I think I already used those firebombs while messing around to see what they did, oh well.

Looks OK.

What are the Twin Greatsword combos?

What fucking troglodyte at fromsoft seriously thinks "wow, people really like this barren/poison swamp archetype, we need to use it again!" this many times in a row?
I am actually disgusted by this sheer lack of creativity

>Miyazaki: “I can’t really say that I was able to do everything. As is the case with all of the games I’ve directed, each entry in the Dark Souls series has its own problems, and I carry those blunders. However, I think that even on this premise, Dark Souls was a happy series.”

Oh, so now that he has all the money, NOW everything is his fault. Nice.

I figured that this knight with totally-not-patche's voice was just him pulling another bullshit but I wasn't kicked off anywhere yet, I guess I have to explore some more.
At first I was kinda sad that even patches might have hollowed though. That can't happen.

Source?

OFFICIAL DLC WEAPON TIER LIST

>GOD TIER AKA SSS- TIER (autowin against anything, even 4 man seeded ganks)
Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords

>META TIER
Splitleaf greatsword
Giant Door Shield (loses against stabby niggers)
Ledo's Great Hammer

>Okay Tier
Frayed Blade
Lothric War Banner
Ringed Knight Spear

>mediocre tier
Gael's Greatsword
Repeating Crossbow
Ringed Knight Straight Sword

>bad Tier
Harald Curved Greatsword
Murky Hand Scythe
Murky Longstaff
Preacher's Right Arm
Aquamarine Dagger

>Useless garbage trash-tier
>Any spells
>White Birch Bow
>Demon's Scar
>Crucifix of the Mad King

In general, Any great weapons are now the best weapons in the game. With +3 Life, Fap and Steel ring you can trade in everything and then combo them for 1.5k damage+
All spells are now basically removed from the game and pointless. Bleed is dead.

Blessed Weapon is now the best buff.

New famitsu article
gematsu.com/2017/03/dark-souls-iii-director-not-concerned-whether-not-next-game-resembles-dark-souls

>Dark Souls was a happy series
for his pocket lol

I was really disappointed with the lore side too. I was really hoping to fight or see Gwynevere/Queen of Lothric or Velka or SOMETHING ;-;

>Oh, so now that he has all the money, NOW everything is his fault. Nice.

Yeah, he's never owned up to mistakes made in the souls series. Not once. Never ever.

my friend can't seem to get the giant door shield to work-- he's really bummed out about this as he managed to use the ones from DaS2 to great effect
how do you use them properly

>>bad Tier
>Harald Curved Greatsword
Lol no. This thing does a ton of damage, and the WA catches everyone off guard. It's really good.

>do plunge attack from the bridge on the stairs
>animation where you stab the head doesnt trigger and you get fall damage and die
GG

>how do you use them properly
Block a lot and abuse dumbshits who can't figure out how to counter them.

Step 1: Get close

Step 2: Locate your L1 button

Step 3: press until dead.

>Make the last DLC in the series
>Don't bother tying up any loose ends
>Don't bother giving a satisfying and definitive ending to the trilogy
>Just throw in random zones from the previous games and count on sheer nostalgia factor to blind people to the fact that the series ends with a wet fart
Uhhhh....Miyazaki? Hello? This was your last big party. Why not give an ending that makes people glad they played the games and makes them look forward to the next IP rather than just leaving everything hanging?

What if the next game is literally called Blood Souls?

This DLC made me remember that PVP is the most cancerous fucking mess.

Did anyone else find Gael's second phase a lot easier than the first? I thought he had a lot more openings and was easier to read in the second one.

L2->R2->R1 followed by another R1. Hold L2 the entire time.
The L2+R2 combo stuns the enemy and blocks basically all damage, then you charge into them.

He actually hasn't. He made up for Gwyn parries with words only, and proceeded to make a game where most bosses could be parried including one of the final bosses.

>Don't bother tying up any loose ends
did you miss the part where everything is destroyed and a new world will be created, so fuck everything from the past games?

>"Take the plunge. You won't die."

>take plunge
>die momentarily afterwords
Explain this, soulsfags

fists of fury character (with additional pyro memes)

>pendant required ahead

Whats wrong with it?

>DLC doesn't explain the Angels, what the serpents were up to or why humans are turning into dragons
But hey at least we got ANOTHER ALVA FIGHT, some dark souls 2 lore and the most pointless character questline in the series!

that tummy

Next game is called Fire Souls, its about the mc trying to extend the age of dark, but you will have the option to link the fire and let the age of fire come in an alternate ending

Phase 2 is pretty easy and 1 is cake, Phase 3 is where all the random crazy shit going off all over the place fucked with me a bit.
Good fight, rad as fuck when he does the aerial crossbow combo.

He has some exploitable and baitable moves in his first phase, such as when he hovers for a bit then lunges. The first phase is pretty easy to get through without taking damage.

Which is good because I need the estus for the 2nd and 3rd phases.

HOW DO I CHEESE LOTHRIC AND LORIAN
the fucking cripple has 6k hp and the npcs die right after phase 2 starts

crossboarding as a /v/ermin is against the rules

>people still think this will actually be the last Dark Souls

It makes too much money

Once they are done with their other 3 projects DS4 is next in the line.

PVP is all about cheesing and being a little bitch.

>it's a "chase the katana user for ten minutes" episode
>it's a gank episode
>it's a hacker episode

In short, host advantage.

The Ringed Knight Hood is so fucking sexy. Goes with almost everything.

>everything is destroyed and a new world will be created
Citation needed which you don't have
The only thing being burned away is the painted world. DS3 ends however the player wants it to. There is no real conclusion to anything but the game with plenty of things unaccounted for.

Gael's Greatsword seems to have some funky unmentioned damage properties.
It's hitting harder than a BKS with less AR and it's nothing to do with hollows like the holow slayer's extra damage.
What could it be?

>most pointless character questline in the series
Laddersmith Gilligan still exists, user.
Gilligan will always be the low point of Souls NPCs.

>people having issues on demon prince phase 1

Genuinely struggling to comprehend this. It's about the fairest duo boss i've ever seen in this series. They glow to warn you if they're aggro or not. If both are glowing and you go in I feel like you're asking to get destroyed, but you can just kite for like 10 seconds and one will go passive again and you can continue. The mechanics of the fight even help you make sure you take them both down in quick succession since it gives you the chance to safely swap targets.

I dun get it

Do spears still suck?

Aquire fast weapon with lightning resin

I guess that's better than looking bad.

Thanks that calmed my autism down just enough to convince me to keep playing instead of restarting.

>and the npcs
Yeah, I wonder why he has so much health

Quit being a faggot and just roll and hit, its one of the easiest bosses in the game

Did I miss something? For me he literally gave me a titanite slab, just like that. He got it for me. To me that pretty much looks like patches has hollowed.

poop

>''I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of "Women's Rights", with all its attendant horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to "unsex" themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection. I love peace and quiet, I hate politics and turmoil. We women are not made for governing, and if we are good women, we must dislike these masculine occupations.''

What did she mean by this?

Does it deal Strike damage?

>host advantage
>just hide behind NPCs forever and go in for the backstab when he's busy

>those turtle clerics that fucking spin at you
What did Miyazaki mean by this?

What's there to explain about why humans are turning into dragons, and what humans ARE turning into dragons?

We learned a whole bunch about the setting, and the angels are explained fairly well (what they are, at any rate - just not what their significance or purpose is).