My neighbor is selling his 09 P71

My neighbor is selling his 09 P71.
>Clean title, straight body
>109K miles

Very well taken care of. What can I expect from this car, if I purchase it? Car looks exactly like in pic. Neighbor has it at 4K OBO. Wot do \o\?

Other urls found in this thread:

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/6121466823.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

P71's are typically beat to hell and have few options. And everyone will think you're a cop. Get a Grand Marquis instead. They're more luxurious and often cheaper than Crown Vics.

Car is owned by an ex state trooper. Neighbor takes well care of his cars so doubt it's been run to shit. No Grand Marqs around here

>people will think you're a cop

no, OP will think people think he's a cop

What's bad about that? It'll keep the nogs and other minority away from me. Just kidding. Come on \o\, give me good reasons to buy it.

>\o\

>4K OBO
Offer him the car's actual value: $1,800-.

You're one of those low ballers aren't ya

The worst he can say is no, and in that case you just counter.

This is the fedora of cars though. we had a thread about this

Give summary

>Town Car: "I want my car to feel like a four star hotel, air shocks and mileage be damned"
>Grand Marquis: "I want a big, comfortable sedan to cruise around in, but don't want the Crown Vic stigma"
>Marauder: "I want an Impala SS, but this is the next best thing"
>Crown Victoria: "I somehow managed to find a civilian CV that hasn't been destroyed already"
>P71: "I want to jerk off when people slow down when they see my push bar and spotlights, p.s. kill all cops #fuckpigs"

Bump for unbias info

>>Marauder: "I want an Impala SS, but this is the next best thing"
Ouch.

Look into your heart, you know it to be true.

Ya know its true, bud.

Since when are grand marquis cheaper than vics? I've never seen this.

It's really a by-area thing. Marquis can be cheaper if it's an old person (or being sold for an old person) who doesn't want a huge amount of money, just wants something newer/safer/more fuel-efficient/etc, but a completely clapped-out P71 with holes everywhere will be cheaper if you want the absolute least costly car you can find.

If he lives in an area where P71's are still common, people will think he's a cop. I've had people at night who are afraid to pass my marauder and instead follow me for miles.

>I want an impala, but I don't want to deal with optispark, a 4L60E and an interior which comes apart in your hand

>implying there's such thing as a Panther whose interior also doesn't come apart in your hand
t. crown vic owner

An eight year old p71 isn't worth much.

My 05 Grand Marquis's interior looks as nice as the day it rolled of the line at stap. Panther interior are very durable by the by in my experience.

At 109k miles, presumably low idle hours and in good condition it's a $4,000 car. The trash which is being sold for $3,000 is nothing like this one. I say buy it OP and make it a little more comfortable for DDing with an upgraded stereo.

Buy it, remove and sell the pushbar to a retarded whacker and spend the money on swaybars and sticky tires.

Also, the interior in mine is 99% perfect after 10 years and 271,000 miles, not including things I've upgraded/added/cut up to fit gadgets. The top of the steering wheel has some surface damage from the sun, but I'm gonna put a boomer-tier woodgrain Mercury wheel in it when I locate a nice one.

>woke up the other day to a crack in the windshield of my Marquis
>getting it replaced today with el-cheapo glass because OEM was $500 and I don't have the fucking money for that and no way am I attempting a full windshield replacement myself
Fingers crossed for it not being too shit, I guess?

just make sure you buy a vape if you get one

those things should have an idle time on them. Check out make sure it isnt crazy off the charts.

Easily a $4000 car, don't be a faggot OP, give him at least close to it.

This is one of the rare times someone "knows what he got" and actually has it.

On the topic of Panther body boats, can Veeky Forums notice anything glaringly bad about this Marquis?

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/6121466823.html