/ovg/ - Aryan pussy slayer edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about driving and racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!jB5kzKbb!yjE-Z83F2CnKQ2fHgwVEq7G9tQ1nKQTrE1Ll_E_8QGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9moURq0HXLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=19X9WDpgBB8
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZFgY8Q_75g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that Kraid?

this is the kind of graceful driving that hundreds of hours of dodging shitters online will give you

>Not playing Asphalt Xtreme while giving zero fucks about which rally/off-road game is the best

>Not playing 1nsane with a couple of mods to make your own rally stages

game of my childhood, first vidya where i saw cars that actually break seriously, not just minor dents like in cmr2

Invictus generally had good ideas for games.

yes

mx-5 cup setup tips? everything i do ends up making things worse
>harder suspension, worse times
>softer suspension, worse times
>higher tyre pressure, worse times
>lower tyre pressure, worse times

change car color to red

Optimum tire pressures
That's it

All I've done is decrease the rear roll-bar and spring rates to minimum to get rid of the mid-corner oversteer I was experiencing.

higher pressure = less tyre heat, and those tyres aren't heating up enough even on low pressure

thanks, i'll try it. when i was fucking with front arb, things weren't getting much better, but i haven't touched rear one yet

The tires will never heat up completely. Stop trying.
The optimum pressure is like 27 or something.

what Barcelona Track are we racing on OVGTP? GP or Moto?

i think we're doing the bathurst i just need to put the link up

Maybe...... the driver is the problem.....

gratata

GP on odd numbered laps, moto on even numbered laps. Like
>lap 1: GP
>lap 2: moto
>lap 3: GP
>lap 4: moto

what the fuck

Joker laps

GTs on the moto layout
Prototypes on GP
Think of it as like a BoP

ac replay system finally saves full replays from entire event

simulation value++

didn't it always do that if you had a large enough buffer?

it saved one certain "race" before, now it saves every race from session

Moto

okay nevermind, only one of four replays actually loads into game, rest crashes

>first race went kinda okay
>in second race got bopped (or more like bopped myself) out of the track in first laps
>can watch only second race replay
this is hell

What happens after mx-5 cup cup?

Ritual suicide

thanks.

Any good indycar mod/track combos for rFactor

Indianapolis with the 88 cart mod.
Some sim dadswere supposed to race in it today, but a 57 year old brazilian plowed into everyone and killed 10 people, so they cancelled the race after that.

Some Indy's are broken
Also is there a good mod fir these modern cars?

>Some Indy's are broken
Like it was in real life.

Can somebody link me the dlc content

Rfactor 2 has both the 2012 dw12s and the 2015 chevy and honda aero kit dw12s (made by urd avalible on the rf2 forums).

Rfactor 1 gt3 moves to sunday in place of it.

M235i series

>bathurst
Yes, YES. Please Bathurst at some point in OVGTP.

I got to play the initial d version 3 arcade game today, mostly did it for shits and giggles, but I was wondering if you guys had any tips in drifting in this game since I can only power slide and I don't really know how to really use the manual transmission. Needless to say, I beat shingo but mako and keisuke left me in the dust. Can you teach me how to drive so I can leave every opponent with their mouth open saying n-nani?

download PPSSPP
download Initial D Street Stage
git gud

What car are you maining?
but like
said emulate the PSP game or download Demul if you have a competent computer and run the arcade game fresh.

The legendary 86, i'll see about getting it on the computer, I think there's some links in the first page for pedals and steering wheels and such, will check that out too. I was kinda just hoping on getting some tips, but being able to basically have the game at home sounds promising too.

I usually run the BNR 32 but for drifting the 86 I usually hard brake in to a corner and gas it. Somehere might know better though.

2018 ferrari f1 car spotted outside my house. Got a quick pic of it before it zipped by me, it is LOUD!!

Do you brake, let go, turn, and then gas? Or do you brake and turn, let go of brake, and then gas?

Fuck the mods for blocking my IP range, im not the pony fucker posting pony shit

CART Factor + 90s Fuji Speedway

it's a shame it never happend in real life because it's so fucking fun to drive fuji with them.

Can someone please help me set the 911 GT3 R?

I can't make it corner "right", specially if i want to take on high speed corners. The car seems to always want to oversteer, it goes slooooowly dragging it's ass off the corner and way we go.

I think the car has potential, but mainly, i can't lower the wing less than 8 and mantain a decent rice. I used 8 rear wing for a race @ Monza 66 (without the oval) and couldn't get the straight speed of the Lambo, nor could i get the cornering of the McLaren and Audi.

I set the front and rear frequency somewhat near (3.4 and 3,3 Hz), Ok-ish damping ratio (circa 1.5) and a 65/60 ride height.

The car feels like it could go faster, but i can't get that speed out of it.

.|.

what's your damping like? try more rear bump

install risto_watkins_b.svm

Here, this is from my nordschleife setup.
I don't think it's a case of adding more rear damping, since i have one really hot rear tire, and the other ones are dead cold.

This weekend we'll be running a fun race at the Nurburgring in AC. Running the GT3s, I don't expect a big showing, but something to past the time during the night hours of the Nurburgring 24hr. All required downloads can be found on the AC Nurburgring doc.

cool idea, but only 1 hour?

I can't run to long so it doesn't run into turn left.

Should be fun. Any sign up required/will there be choice of car?

No sign up required. And you'll be able to pick any of the cars currently on the practice server. Server will be set to booking mode for the race itself so we don't run out of certain cars.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Sad desu.

>5am start
Oh well, I'll still be there.

Rigs of Rods guy here.

Just want to clear the air about "Cosmo".
His name is Ethan Dean. How do i know this?? I am a member of Sim-Monsters.com

mega.nz/#!jB5kzKbb!yjE-Z83F2CnKQ2fHgwVEq7G9tQ1nKQTrE1Ll_E_8QGQ

What is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=9moURq0HXLQ

his gf is hayley williams too

i cant get some modded cars to load, i guess they are outdated, compared to the game.

annyone knows a working bmw z3 roadster mod for asetto corsa?

some old mods can be fixed fairly easily. pastebin the log

What are you here to clear the air about

Hitler should've bombed Switzerland.

>been up for almost 3 days
>not even 100 replies

And the award for slowest-moving thread in /ovg/ history goes too.

It's been up for just over 24 hours

that's almost 3 days

Why does it feel like longer?

because no one mentioned d*rt r*ll* so no bad driving webms were posted

>no VW in FH3
>but there is VW in Dirt 4 and PCARS2
why?

trips of truth

Does anyone know why Arca Sim Racing X refuses to let me join the Turnleft server?
I have tried forwarding ports, utilizing DMZ, all firewalls are disabled and I've tried two routers. Then I accidentally left my twitch stream on dead air for 11 hours and a hacker placed encryption ransomware on my computer. So even a fresh install of the operating system, and trying all those things again, I still can't join the server. I have also configured my router to use OpenDNS as per suggestions on sim racing forums, still no connection. Wat do?

>d*rt r*ll*

I laughed at that more than I should've

lmao this gonna be so shit. the proc gen all look same and the handling is just as shitty as every other chodemasters game

youtube.com/watch?v=19X9WDpgBB8

>no one mentioned d*rt r*ll*
>a wild rally2k guy appears

>Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows in the background at 1:08

No way it can be shit now, suck it Miniclip Rally fag

It's someone baiting because "lol triggered ex dee"

It's same with the alphonse impostors plagueing Veeky Forums.

How about you actually describe your problem?

it's a video posted today. i have all the drama from miniclip dude filtered and only searched to see if the url was posted. i don't engage with two hundred bhp man

This general was a mistake. How did a general about discussing auto vidya politely turn into "THIS GAME IS SHIT AND IF YOU DISAGREE FUCK YOU AND KYS FAGGOT"?

Codemasters seem to like Queens of the Stone Age.

It might be a throwback to the first grid opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZFgY8Q_75g

they have good taste

>a general about discussing auto vidya politely
>discussing politely
>Veeky Forums

This general was never about "discussing auto vidya politely".

>generals on Veeky Forums were a mistake
ftfy

>Veeky Forums was a mistake
ftfy

>tfw you remember 1nsane from this image alone
What a great game it was

except it was
newfags are ruining this place with their garbo series and circlejerks

Is the stage generation feature just a system where the game randomly chooses a track from the terrain with 100km of pre-modelled roads and junctions or does it really generate it?

FH3 had an emissions standard to meet

I'd bet it'd be like GT5's course maker, a big pre made area that the game just squiggles over

ñ

t

forza series when

Forza 7.
No BMWs allowed.

Organize it and I will show up.

its fine bro, its a 318

>Organize it
too much work :/