Pick up trucks

what is Veeky Forumss best choice for best pickup truck you can buy today? which truck is better? list the pros and cons of the truck that you choose and lets compare them all and then figure out which truck is best truck.

ford chevy and dodge are for cucks so rule those out immediately

Nissan is shit so we're left with Tundra

Ridgeline is not a truck

90s toyota pickup

I miss minitrucks

I want a kei truck that has foldable bed sides

did you own one of those pickups? perhaps you can backup that shitty statement?

what part of my statement seemed inaccurate to you?

I feel like "best truck" is pretty much impossible to decide. considering there's a ton of difference in use as you go from a Chevy Colorado all the way up to a Ford F450 Dually

But then 'pick up dulleys' are inferior to proper cab over trucks

You did not state why you think the trucks are shit and thus said Ford,Chevy and Dodge are for "cucks" which makes your statement full of shit and makes you sound like an immature little faggot who drives a BMW.

True, but you don't off see an individual, personal use private owner go to a proper cab over truck. You still have the ability to have luxury, personal options all the way up to the F450, which can be important for someone who spends a lot of time in their truck. and although duallys are big, it's still a practical size for someone to get around in if it's their own personal vehicle.

lol ok

If you're looking for new azn is the way to go as much as I hate to admit it. The big 3 are all plagued with emissions related problems and cheap build quality.

Older go for a toyota or idi ferd. Those things are tanks

Chevy's are the only answer if you have a Toyota just kys

Again, it depends what you're needing to do. If you're talking about any serious towing, this latest round of diesels cannot be beat regarding performance, comfortability of towing, and safety of towing. Otherwise yea, an old toyota is a good choice or OBS Silverado (GMT800).

>using cucks unironically

Opinion immediately discarded

Even though the new diesels are tuned and run the best yet, if you're doing tons of towing work in short runs (ie city) it's not worth dealing with them for all the DPF issues. I'd stick to pre-2010 as I've personally had to throw a ton of money at ram and ford over them trying to clean themselves like retarded cats. That being said if you're mostly doing mostly towing on highway it isn't that bad. Even the new heavy trucks aren't worth dealing with for that reason hence why used diesels with no special emission junk or glider kits are such good sellers right now

>using cucks unironically

literally every single person who has ever typed that is unironically a cuck fyi

But that's wrong.

>i-i'm not a cuck. you're a cuck!

that's the next stage for people like you.

>hence why used diesels with no special emission junk or glider kits are such good sellers right now
I think we're starting to approach a bubble on the pre 2008 Chevys and Fords and pre 2010 Dodges as people are starting to see just how far these new diesels are able to go even with all the emissions shit on them. I do agree that short city runs are not good at all for these new diesels, if that's something you do regularly, but again that's why in my first post towards the beginning of the thread I said that there is no one "best" truck. In this case, what kinda driving you're doing would dictate the best truck for your needs.

What are you even talking about?

you'll see in time.

>defends his use of cuck

Know how I know you're stupid?

because I disagree with you and you're really smart and a great person? fuck off.

Mad bro trucker detected

The almighty square bodied Ford trucks of the 80's look the best. Prove me wrong

I have a Nissan frontier and if that V6 could hold up being over the weight limit by holding 3 Queen Mattresses with their box while towing 3 leather couches at the same time i have to say they made those trucks well. I'd personaly get a sport XD or a Raptor since no one hauls more than a few bags of dirt so might as well have a fun truck.

Ford 4 lyfe

nigger

90s C1500

eh

eh

not a bad choice, bad paint though

i just buy what i like really. anything from Ford to Toyota. Only exception is I refuse to buy anything crew cab, with the short bed most of them come with, you're just best off getting an SUV.

For me I buy extended cabs with a """special edition""" package.

Ford raptor. Best truck hands down.

You know that you can get the standard box on the extended cab and the crew cab, right?

that is true, but the crew cab with the extended box is a little to long for my taste.. besides hardly anyone car pools with me since my friends or relatives have their own cars to get around, even if they did they would fit in the back seats of a extended cab perfectly, just let the largest one sit in the front. it's perfect to store tools and shit that i want in cabin rather than the bed, not too big either, it's just right.

Crew cabs to me are like family haulers imo.

I own an extended cab, and I've found myself wishing I had the room of a crew cab on several occasions with regards to fit people, or cargo that I did not want put in the bed.

>the crew cab with the extended box is a little to long for my taste
I didn't find the crew cab short bed argument from your first post to be a relevant argument since you could get the truck with a standard box, but this is legitimate, if you aren't comfortable maneuvering the truck with the longer length and wheelbase.

This

bummed cuz no one likes to talk trucks

I have a '15 F150 4x4 crewcab and I love it, no complaints aside from the standard truck shit

Which engine?

Chevy
>ugly as fuck

Toyota
>boring
>same old same old

Titan
>retarded expensive

Ram
>ugly as fuck RAAAAMMMMMM logo on the back
>mehh interior

F Series
>too many fucking options
>the only trucks worth buying new are stupid expensive

Canyon
>canyon is good until you put any options on it, then it's a $50k truck
ALL trucks are SUPER over priced. I'm hoping someone comes up with a reasonably priced small truck with some tow capacity. Like the new Frontier with a diesel for under $35k.
Until then, I'm looking used.

I believe the 5.0 Coyote 4V V8

I just bought this 2014 silverado z71 4x4 with towing package, I love it

pick of the front and the faggy malibu i traded in. 2014-2015 chevy silverado is sex, 2016 and 2017 look ghey

Ah, that's the best choice. I'm not a big fan of the ecoboost shit. Don't think it's a great choice when it comes to reliability, durability, and long term towing.

exactly my thoughts. I am a chevy guy so this was my go to anyway but I considered the ecoboost and decided I want willing to risk reliability since I plan to keep this truck for a long time.

Bought it yesterday, right? Good choice on the pickup. Never been too big of a fan of black pickups though. They get really hot in the summer and show scratches too easily, especially when you get into mesquite.

Right on. Yea, I'm a Chevy guy as well. Ecoboost performance is tempting, but I value reliability too much to go that route. I also need 3/4 ton pickups, so the ecoboost thing ended up being a moot point. Any pics of your truck?

>they just straight up don't make a single cab truck anymore, in any size

fuck my life

My brother has an Ecoboost model. I didn't really have a preference either way, just found a solidly priced truck with a bunch of options and 30k miles so I jumped on it. He gets slightly better mpg but I hear they are harder/more expensive to work on.

yeah I had that other thread. I've always stayed away from black trucks for that reason but this one had the best price, lowest miles, and was in the best shape so I couldn't turn down a 14 z71 4x4 with towing package at 33k miles for 28k. I have been using the push to start to mitigate the extra hate, since i live in florida and it is starting to get terrible. It's honestly noticeably hotter than my red car.

this is my truck

they have really fallen out of favor when most normies want the doublecab (or extended cab if that's the terminology your preferred manufacturer uses.)

Should have spent that money on a camera made after 2004, fucking nigger.

Ah my bad. I thought you were the guy with the F150 with the Coyote

>It's honestly noticeably hotter than my red car.
Yea, I went from black exterior and interior vehicles to my tan interior and exterior truck and can really tell the difference.
I gotcha. Yea, my understanding is that they're more prone to premature failures. You have any good pictures?

Costs twice as much and lasts 10x as long.

Too bad most Americans are poor hicks and can only afford shitty domestic trucks.

Start saving your money up, Rangers are back in 2019.

lol is that why it is 6th out of 6 on almost every list

That front looks so fucking bad. Also toyota interior is shit for the price. With that shitty silver painted plastic and boring as fuck design.

And they will be the size of an older F150.

lol that huge hunk of shit cost just as much as most of the domestics, hell the upscale trims cost less than that of a upscale trim of a domestic.

the only truck that looks gayer than this is the honda. slant eyes cant make manly trucks

>no diesel option
LOL, no thanks.

They do in the base models.

lol all this butthurt over a super truck

even a Ridgeline is a better choice than a FCA product

you cucks don't do anything but lift your trucks and park them at Walmart anyways

looks horrible. I'd be embarrassed to pick a girl up in that.

It's basically a Pilot with the ass chopped up.

at least it wasnt available in FWD

it looks like a avalanche with down syndrome

yeah i am sure a girl would be like
>ew user what the fuck this truck is front wheel drive
she will be like
>user why did you buy this girl truck instead of a manly x or y z (ford or chevy, maybe dodge) like chad

>implying the avalanche didn't already have down syndrome

>implying chad wouldn't drive a ridgeline

I just got rid of my 06 ranger 2 weeks ago for a shiny new jeep. I miss it already even though I love the jeep. Something about the ranger is just right.

did you know a chad with a ridgeline? the gayest truck i have ever seen a chad drive is a titan

Everybody knows chad drives a lifted cheby with mtzs on rockstars

dats truu ~~ desu

Sorry I'm late, here you go. Need a better camera. I also went with black, it's just too sexy imo

>sexy
>that
actualfag detected

Post your truck nerd

Nah, too dark to go out and take a pic. It's an '01 Ram 1500. RCSB, 5.2, automatic, 2wd. Stock wheels with 31" BFG KO2s

Actually, you know what, fuck it. Give me 10min.

>RCSB
Why get a short bed if you went with a regular cab?

That truck doesn't have enough towing capability for truck work.

Because I got the truck super-cheap from a relative. Pulling pics off my phone now, they turned out like shit but meh.

Damn, that's a good looking truck. My opinion stands on black trucks, but they still look great when they're clean. I like that it's not all chromed out like a lot of these newer trucks.

>Because I got the truck super-cheap from a relative
Well, that's a good enough reason for me I guess. I have no beef with 2wd trucks either. I don't think it's ideal, but it'll get you most places.

>inb4 rustbucket
20-year-old truck that's never left Michigan, deal with it.

>inb4 rustbucket
Gahdamn. I live in Texas, and not by the coast either, so I'm not used to all the rust shit people up north are used to dealing with. I don't know how y'all handle it.

Body-on-frame is a godsend. My truck may look rusty, but the frame is in beautiful shape, 99% rust-free. We deal with it by not getting too attached to our vehicles, and replacing them semi-frequently. Also helps to wash them religiously.

nissan titan has a single cab option.

As do Rams.

>some faggot that works in a cubicle
>needs a truck for "work"

Thanks mate. Never was a fan of the chromed-out grill/bumpers either.

^^^^^ The 2.7 Egoboost is great for cubefags. Decent fuel economy, "i drive a truck" confidence booster, and enough capability to haul the camping gear, or tow a flatbed with Junior's quad on it.

that made me shed a tear, i love mini trucks

>single cab with a short bed

>implying this hard
nah i'm just stating facts yotafag. sperg more.

Read my other reply. Got it cheap. Haven't had any trouble with it either. The short wheelbase has allowed me to maneuver in ways that wouldn't be possible otherwise, like turning around a 14ft trailer in my buddy's 20ft wide driveway with a pond on one side.

Honestly, really want a new 1500, QCSB, with the 5.7 and the 6-speed, but shit's expensive.