>Motorcycle Hot Opinions

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
Boring webms, now with sound!
Old thred:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/511SLUHPmRw?t=28s
ebay.com/itm/Danmoto-JISU-Exhaust-Suzuki-SV-1000-S-N-All-Years-Models-EX419-/230835496957?fits=Year:2003|Model:SV1000S&hash=item35bede27fd:m:mpoI4zx9yG4cAl8mVn1PUGg&vxp=mtr
youtu.be/uiXYA9n1Bmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

KTM FIRST

TO BREAK

Don't you mean for Ducati's to BREAK

italian bikes are reliable

Lmao gottem

>tfw no 500 EXC

You mean brake?

youtu.be/511SLUHPmRw?t=28s
nope Break

why isnt my ktm?
i broke 2 clutch slave seals, probably 3 countershaft seals, brake piston seals, the water pump, and the boot that connects the carb to the airbox

no bike edgelord:thepost

>abs
DISGUST.jpg

>2004 CBR600F
>F4i
>40.000km
>2500€
>intend to commute and ride mid-long distance forever

Talk me out of it fuckboys.

I like the Husqvarna versions the best

ktm a shit
why does it run best with 10w60?
why is there no tach?
why is there no temp gauge?
why no fuel gauge?

I have a Duke 390

how do you scrape the inside on your knee while riding, unless you crash

lol who the fuck needs one on a dirt bike. I dont see scooters with them either

that's how you kneedown, nobike

stfu cyclecruza. Your videos are boring as fuck and your voice is annoying.

Unless your trying some next level gymnastics, you don't
You might have a bike, but I bet its a scooter

because its minimalist like every other dual sport

Very reliable. Just make sure it's in good overall condition and shifts smoothly.
They're not very comfortable in my opinion but a lot of people love them. I guess anything with much forward lean would be bad for me. Also the seat is pretty thin. It gets to the point of being unenjoyable for me after about 2 hours.
They can benefit a lot from a master cylinder upgrade.

but im not CUM Cruza though

>ask for a spot in the garage of my apartment building
>no tools, no bicycle, no nothing outside of one vehicle per spot allowed, not allowed to work on vehicle
>literally written it the contract that you have to start your vehicle and leave as soon as possible
>landlord is the most anal piece of shit ever
Shitsux but it's an excuse to have the stealership do my maintenance for me.

does not explain why it runs best on thick oil

>tfw taking sale ad pictures

Gonna miss u triumph

Just get a home mechanic to do maintainance.

I wouldnt trust some dude working out of his house for an engine rebuild, but no need to overpay to have some 16 year old kid at a dealership do oil changes instead.

no

bluepoof is a THOT

Who cares dude if it runs it runs.
I know that feel.

because it's a really big single which experiences really high forces on the rod bearings and other plane bearings so it needs a more viscous oil to not queeze out. Also it runs really hot so a thicker oil helps it keep its viscosity.

>mid long

Maybe if you are short it will work. Im a taller guy and could not stand being on a sports bike for anything past 2-3 hours.

she was was a good bike

i Hope those front break lines arn't attached to anything

no, it's no scooter
where are the pucks on leathers, you mong

Changing the oil isn't to bad, I just don't want to leave a half disassembled bike outside. Also being able to lift the bike a couple feet off the ground would be nice.

Ill give you a hint, its not the inside of the knee.

but it is time to part our ways

anyone got yammienoobs high flying webm?

no he's all crossed up
you're meant to be lower

anyone ever stripped the body work off a sports bike? Does it look decent or retarded as fuck? I despise hogley stevensons and hate the plastic body work all the other options here in north america. The old honda, indian, and norton styles are what I prefer aesthetically, but nobody makes them like anymore so I'm looking for some ideas.

>inb4 buy old bikes

been there, done that, too much money and time tracking down parts. Also leads to crippling hoarding addictions :^'(

You can buy a crashes sport bike for super cheap since you don't care about the plastics.

have you ever heard of standards, nakeds and supernakeds?

Missed the new thread

Why

did someone puke oil all over the track or something?

flat earth confirmed

whats moto3? are they slow?

Haha that one guy at the end got fucking flattened by the green bike.

Moffman?

Looks like sub 300cc or something. Just look at those skinny rear tires.

>get off work at 2
>gotta mow lawn
>eurobeat makes it faster
>will probably be hungry afterwards

what fast food shithole do I ride to, tibetan fingerpaint enthusiasts?

>STriple with round headlight

I WANT THIS.

GOD I WANT THIS SO BAD

I don't follow motorcycle racing but in the event that a rider spins out or loses control of their bike like that, are they out of the race or are they able to go back to racing if they can get their bike restarted

OPbviously if the bike is damaged beyond riding ability I know they're out but let's say they just fall over in the pits or something can they get back on, restart the engine and keep racing?

burgs

Creepy user is that you?

I know in some cases they'll go right back to racing, but I'm not sure what the procedure is

my dick is diamonds

the ol' girl gives me the same reaction

>Creepy user is that you?
Ive been on dbt for ages. Im the user that gave you tips on how to rebuild the 650. Ive been here for to long.

fresh never frozen sounds good

Ah nah there was some guy who would always post pics of squirrels when I posted cause I ran into one once.

That was a while back, I got it back together and it seemed like it was running great. No more headgasket leak which is why I tore it down but started burning a lot of oil. Mothballed it in my garage and need to tear it down to see what happened. I miss riding her.

Standard Hondas sexual

Probably piston rings or valve seals. Yeah i remember squirel user.

My left exhaust hanger thing broke off while I was riding and the rivets holding that can together are falling apart as well, so I guess I'm gonna replace my exhaust. Are these a solid choice you think? I'm trying to not break the bank here

ebay.com/itm/Danmoto-JISU-Exhaust-Suzuki-SV-1000-S-N-All-Years-Models-EX419-/230835496957?fits=Year:2003|Model:SV1000S&hash=item35bede27fd:m:mpoI4zx9yG4cAl8mVn1PUGg&vxp=mtr

>Dan moto

Thats why it broke.

Yeah it's gotta be something like that, I didn't touch the valve seals but it's burning oil all the time not just after sitting.

I replaced the rings and had the cylinders honed out, something got fucked up lol

That's not what I have, it's what I'm considering replacing my broken one with

>found a jewish cementery inna middle of nowhere today

Bury me with my Shekels.

oops

Wohoo! Passed my BRC today. Completely bombed the U-turn, but kept it up, and did fine on everything else.

I'm looking for a manual for my GT80, but my google-fu isn't enough.
Can anybody help?

>bmw
>jewish cementery

Huh, cool. thanks man.

Valve seals go bad over time. If you want you can do a leak test by pouring gas on the intake and exhaust ports. If they leak its most likely a worn out seal letting pass to much oil to the cylinder.

Spoopy

>Valve seals go bad over time. If you want you can do a leak test by pouring gas on the intake and exhaust ports. If they leak its most likely a worn out seal letting pass to much oil to the cylinder.

Right but it's weird to have such a dramatic leak after the work I did when it was fine before I tore it down. The seals shouldn't have been too affected by that.

Yeah. Then I found this unused well with what appeared to be a dead cat inside.

And an abandoned Christian rehab center which also looked creepy as fuck.

It was a spoopy day today.

Maybe it was squirel user or the pistons ring grooves are facing each other

Got a hole in my seat, can i just patch it with some electrical tape? I dont want to buy a new one but i dont want it to get all moldy.

Valeares user? What happened to the shitbiek?

Nah made sure grooves were in the right pattern, I think it was just squirrel user and his black magic voodoo.

here's a good example, matt mladin was winning when his tire blew out at 160+mph, he tried to drive it back to the pits after to get a new tire put on, but the handle bar got jambed up and his front brake lever got jambed on

youtu.be/uiXYA9n1Bmw

Nice! I lover coming across creepy shit. Now all you gotta do is go fiddle with a Ouija board

Use silicones, the black one or buy vinyl seat repair kit from vatozone.

You broke the original piston rings? If you did replace them then the engine needs to seat those pistons properly and thats why your probably bourning oil. Give it about 3k milles to have them fully seated.

Or u can fiddle with my dicc bby ;)

Yup they broke when I was squeezing them to get back into the cylinders. I rode it for a good 1000 or so miles, at night there would literally be a could of blue smoke behind me. I don't think it was even close to normal seating wear.

How much of a pain in the ass was getting the cams out of the way and resetting the valves just to try the engine? any special tools needed for this procedure?
I gotta do the same thing to my honda

Thats probably it, they need to seat properly.

I still think it was way too much oil burning but I'm going to tear it down anyway just to make sure the cylinders are ok.

It really wasn't that bad at all, hardest part was just getting the cam chain back on the sprocket and lined up right. Getting the pistons back in was a major pain in the ass to because this motor doesn't use studs but bolts and it's a two person job of holding the cylinder head and one compressing the rings. Eventually I just bought a couple feet of threaded rod and made temporary studs to line everything up.

But nah no special tools besides a torque wrench.

It's running fine, went for a toogay run today after reverting the suspension to stock settings. Could write a large blog post about it. Front was great, rear needs some adjustment.

Tracked it last weekend but will have to take a break to remove some hardware on my forearm this week.

I have a buddy who (probably) got his R6 written off. I'm waiting on his insurance to confirm it. Will probably try to buy it from him for 500€ or so and make it my next track bike if all works out.

Was thinking of buying new fairings, working clocks, stock turn signals, a rear hugger, PP3s and whatever else, relegate the bike to street and pretty much ride it forever, I've grown quite attached to this bike. But that would run me close to 1000€ or so. Not the best decision ever.

STOP BUYING BIKES

Where is this?

>cuming cock-n-balls on the gates
Classy

I think you might need a new front sprocket m8. Those teeth look like tiny stubs.

Hampton, va