Eve Online general /eog/

CSM ARE FAGGOTS

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed)

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>PLEX and AUR change:
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-rework-follow-up/

>Upwell Refineries:
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-upwell-refineries

>[April]
>CONCORD Ships

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes.
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/twitch-vs-eve/
community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/breaking-news-quafe-convoy-destroyed-by-caldari-forces-on-caldari-gallente-border/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

its to late to start.......ED

How do i mine in nulls? what skills do i use, what ship do i need? I can't into rorq but i can every t2 mining ship.

>apply to join any of the russian renter corps
>carebear away mining in drone regions with the highest yield exhumer
>lose all the money you'd get from mining to taxes that your CEO needs to pay to avoid getting evicted by papa xXDeathXx/Tangra/whoever
>get killed half a dozen times when a fleet op goes roaming through drone space for shits and giggles.

There's also the goons, though you run the risk of losing everything in goon space when WWB2 inevitably breaks out, or Guardians OTG, whose asses are grass the day the goons return to retake their birthright.

redpill me on russian space

It's the big blue region in the northeast. Nobody really wants it, so the owners have held onto it for a while, and rent systems out to corps who are able to pay, at a steep price. Roaming fleet ops do have a habit of going there, because the locals can't defend themselves, but otherwise it's fairly quiet.

I have a question
If the idea is that only nullsec can be player owned, why does the intro thingie show off the empires as owning nullsec?
Is the idea that players are just landlords or something?

There are nullsec areas that cannot be owned by players.

They don't own nullsec. The players do. Aside from a few regions/constellations that are owned exclusively by Angel Cartel, Serpentis, Blood Raiders, Guristas, Sansha's Nation, Mordu's Legion, ORE, SOE, or Thukkers.

>that map
Stainwagon doesn't hold any space. Kids with guns are Solar Fleet/XDeathX renters and Feyth is rented out by FCON.

I wonder what else is wrong

That map's from two days ago, and iirc it's generated based on data pulled from the API

Yeah sov is accurate but the coalitions aren't. Someone should make a map with standings from eveskunk.

oneiros

>decide to buy PLEX to get sum injectors (even though i have no skills to train actually)
>decide to check how much i can get if i decide to RMT instead of PLEX
>can buy 7injectors for the price of 1 plex
Now i wonder: if i get banned...i guess i would still win because i will be free?

The best way to catch RMTers is to be a covert developer pretending to sell for ridiculous prices

But go for it

Buckle up for the exciting weapon tiercide update coming next year

t3 nerf when? I want to undock in a hac again

"Summer"

>wah wah i can't fly X because Y exists pls nerf :(
Biomass

Those infernal things should never have been released.

>that fast align speed
>drone damage bonus
>MIDs for days.
why didn't I hear of this ship before m8s.

>memesis

>hac

you're part of the problem faggot

>Raven

t. stabber pilot

t. they need to remove retarded permarun active tanked tengus so I can fly my retarded permarun active tanked vagabond/deimos

>he doesn't want to fly cool ships

>press approach
>press f1 to turn on my guns
>press f2 to turn on my booster
>wait for enemy to die to my 300 dps

>cool

Damage Control II

>neural remap available one year from now
What.

Since when was this a thing?

B-b-but I just spent most of my food money for next month on 6 VNI accounts. Please don't nerf drone ratting, CCP!

I've been playing for years and it's always been that way. Once you run out of remaps, you have to wait a year.

Real men fly T1 cruisers.

It gets better. It can be used by alphas and costs less than a t2 cruiser.

Caracals and blackbirds? Yeah.

>

What's the matter? Your keyboard got jammed?

community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/twitch-vs-eve/

OMG YES CAN'T WAIT TO SUCK DIQ OF MY FAV ECELEBS AND SUBCSCRIBE TO MANYY ACCOUNTS XDDDD

HAHA OMG TWITCH DRAMA ON 44CIN IS BEST LE XD

Ebic bost my friend

>CCP giving free shit to attention whores

make it stop

dhanks X-D

You're not familiar with the forum drama in eve? The old forums were a shitshow and this is nothing new. Kind of looking forward to it actually.

Literally who?

community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/breaking-news-quafe-convoy-destroyed-by-caldari-forces-on-caldari-gallente-border/

>seven unarmed Obelisk class freighters
>fully loaded with empty Quafe classic bottles

>crasskity
>dbrb
lol
>markeedragon
lmao
>zarvox
*autistic screeching*

Rest are literally who's and pvers. Simply eric

>Added a Total Net Worth counter to the character sheet. This is accessed by clicking a ? icon in the character sheet header. This counter updates once every 5 minutes.

Post screenshots of your TNW. If pixels detected, you must biomass.

>giving dbrb attention

ur late.
They still didn't fix the market value or it ignores citadels.

I have a character with about 6 billion in modules, 6.5 at most and networth shows over 11. Shit's broken yo.

Unless it counts implants, in which case it's just silly.

Has anyone here ever extracted a 100+ mil SP char and turned it into specialized alts? If yes, did you regret it?

'inception' target painter

what specialized alts do you think you need?

>howdumbareyou.jpg

R&D datacore farming

m8 at 100+ mil SP who knows how many alts he already has

What I've got is 3 high SP subcap pilots with many duplicated skills. 2 of them can also already fly dreads, fax and carriers but their skills aren't maxed because I've kept training more subcap skills instead of going for the long trains.

I kinda want a dedicated dread/fax alt, a super pilot and a subcap char I can leave in highsec. Maybe a new JF/hauler alt too.

>char I can leave in highsec

But why?

To run incursions when things get dire and as neutral alt

>pve
>ever

Biomass yourself.

>stop liking what I don't like

>>crasskity
>forms a fleet in Horde
>it's full of autists drooling over a girl

>Horde

>full of autists drooling over a girl
I think I know why the CEO of the corp I'm in decided to leave Horde.

If I log out while cloaked in a safe spot will I still be cloaked when I log back in?

no, your ship will decloak, warp to a safespot 1 million kilometres away and then disappear when you log out. when you log in, it will warp to where you logged out, but with all your modules inactive

Gotcha, thanks.

>haven't played eve in over a year
>remember it went f2p recently
>oh let's see how it is
>login
>no skill training finished even though i remember leaving a queue of skills of like 200 days left when i quit
>the f2p change made it so you cant have any skill queued that isn't one of their f2p skills

oh my god this is the fucking worst thing, is this their shitty way of saying "don't unsub if you want to keep training useful shit"?

If youre unsubbed you dont train anything.

Alpha clones are more like trials without a duration than a real free to play option.

really? i've unsubbed for long periods of time before and i feel like i've come back to having everything finished training, or am i remembering wrong?

That worked like 10 years ago.

You likely had subscription time leftover when you left the previous times if your skills kept training.

ah okay so it's probably a combination of this

so is training time reduced by half when you're in alpha? or is it that subs actually train 2x faster now?

Alphas train at half speed.

HELL Raven

figured, though it's kinda dumb. for the training speed to be reduced.

The moment I stopped playing eve the first time i tried it back in like 2007 was right after I hit that wall of "oh all my skills required to do this new thing I wanna do need multiple days to train"

Alphas need to have significant drawbacks or they won't want to plex.

>tfw I thought PLEX was getting expensive around the time I quit because it had risen to over 400m.

tfw poor

don't feel bad, user. it could be worse

Alphas also only have access to certain skills, and if you really did hit that "multiple days to train" mark, it's pretty likely you trained all of them already anyway.

Thats a week 1 wallet or an alt, right?

>CEO was in Horde

>brave
Was Horde to harcore for you?

Hey everyone.

I run a public chat channel where I help out new players and run small lowsec courses. If you're a bit lost or just want to chat, drop into 'BAMEC Pub' channel.

(please, I need friends)

>to
Was spelling too hardcore for you?

10 days, I haven't made much Isk since joining BRAVE. I lost a few Ventures mining, didn't have much luck with exploration and died every time I joined a fleet.

I'm poorer now than before joining actually. Most Isk I ever made was 50 mil from salvaging a battleship wreck full of T2 modules in Amarr lowsec.

What's the best amarr cruiser to rat with?

that's depressing, fit your exploration ships with low align times and you'll make hundreds of millions in low sec sansha space

>ratting

please tell me how else i can make money
i'm this is killing me

i hate the autism of incursions
explo is too hit or miss
production is cancer
ratting is too mind numbing
marketing is impossibly slow with everything controlled by the super rich
i even tried scamming in jita

learn to FC and leech from the corp wallet

get good at pvp

i can't stand the autism of incursions
i definitely will not be able to stand the autism of mouth breathing faggots

how does this make isk?
i need isk to fly shit in the first place

L4 FW missions, comparable to incursions in ISKs

I'm doing this inbetween running missions in nullsec, so I don't have time for proper spelling.