/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Surely relevant soon Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.56 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/26738a49887f2b9f9e6b0aa67ae5f7d1a09dd1f2

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Let us discuss the finer arts of the strategy behind tanking and healing Brayflox normal.

xth for cute c@s

K
after the twin drake fight and if you are running a speed clear just hug the wall on the left in the big room to avoid being mobbed to death

This.

Xth for staying pure.

Run in, smash your AoE aggro spam as tank while the healer is being cucked by Eos.

/dungeon

So I'm new to the game and using a controller, the button spells are reasonably comfortable but the D pad spells are beyond awkward, especially since I have to move my left thumb way off the stick; is this normal?

Also legacy vs. standard?

Also holy fuck how does targeting even work this is confusing

Also do people get used to navigating the UI with controllers or does everyone on PC just use a mouse for that regardless of a controller

Also are there any settings that are must change?

Also does 360 vs. dualshock 3 matter?

Feel free to give minimal responses, I'll feel bad if someone wastes a wall of text on me

The right pathway strat is a mess I agree. It has a higher degree of roaming packs, issues with line of sight due to more obstructions in the environment, and more confined space that causes issues with certain jobs. Left side path also has an optional chest room.

Xth for being impure and engaging in sexual activities with anyone who asks.

is anyone at the point that they just cringe when they see ugly characters

Yes, hello.

>you pull it you tank it

what did he mean by this

futa?

what did he mean by this?

There are no pure c@s.

Good morning

Meow.

hello

Yes, hi?

can we at least see some fair skinned blonde haired maidens

why do people so many shitpost guffy it just baffles me

so what if he got a clear late? not everyone is fortunate to have a group thats willing to stick together or get carried like stratos

just stop posting if ur just gonna shitpost guffy and all this "ironic" gamemaster bullshit he legit knows what hes talking about and is qualified to do so

you would not dare to say any of this to his face ingame or discord lmao

Why does Zenith have the best score?

Abe says he's a carried shitter to his face on discord almost daily.

cool post, dude!

cute cat
I used to look almost exactly the same but I was bullied for using "dyke hair"

>so what if he got a clear late
he didn't

>he legit knows what hes talking about
he doesn't

>and is qualified to do so
he's not

posts like this one only perpetuate it. ironically enough its why he gets so much shit because he gives people opportunities to make him the center of bully attention.

Here, have my old fanta

So if i transfer my red xaela to bal and sit in ulduh people will eb me yes?

Yes, pics?

Children of the land do you hear~
Echoes of truth that once rang clear~

wait until the April flavor of the month is revealed before making any hasty decisions, red xaela and elezen will be as boring as catgirls in a few days

You're not gonna stay pure much longer, F. P.

He got a late carry after being on that fight for good 3 months with people that already had a clear, it's embarassing that he needed echo.

Hot stuff, comin' through~!

not for long

As a prospective scholar, am I cucking myself by using a controller? I haven't actually healed yet but it seems there's going to be a bit of delay before I can heal/shield/whatever people

abe is too much of a cuckold to say it to his face

besides he is just "drunk"
ty
yeah i found out just now through sources that he did indeed get it before the echo but he does know and is qualified to do so
no it brings awareness and i have the greenlight to do so
>late carry
>killed it without echo

drumpf supporters are this dumb

SHADOW WALKER!

I want to make this meower my perfect cat wife!

>yeah i found out just now through sources that he did indeed get it before the echo
you're full of shit

You sound like a child.

yes

Why april?

I hope its green xaela

I don't think those exist

>no it brings awareness and i have the greenlight to do so
do you get paid to be an orbiter or is it charity work

Well, I hope you like that hairstyle.

That's where both of you are wrong.

Youre a big roe

futa?

Highlander fotm when?

I don't know about that..

I'm trying to do the level 40 adventurer squadron mission and with the best setup i'm just about over on Strength and Mind, but 15 short on Tactical. I've tried the mission twice now and failed both times.

I could switch one of my DPS to a LNC which would make up the 15 Tactical - but i dont have any of the books and don't know how to get them

I cant train any differently since they're all at their caps, and training just Tactical to get the 15 will send my Strength and Mind below the requirements

Should i just keep trying the mission? I've been a little short on requirements before and still succeeded - but i guess it could be different for these missions since they're important?

Also, i ran out of Company Seals from spamming the missions so much, what's a quick way i can get some together?

When the cat is so cute you die

d-dont tell me my elezen gf is gonna fanta???

Shit I just got used to controllers and it's comfortable

Shit taste.

You need to be beating all the things to clear the promotion missions so sending them off to it with any stat below the recommended is a waste of your time.

The best you can do is maybe change someone's job. Like, if you have a pugilist, swapping them to bard might give you those extra 15 points. Or send them on different missions and hope to get a stat-boosting chemistry. And if all else fails, the missions will reset on Tuesday and you'll have different stat criteria to fill

Somehow I don't quite believe you since hardly anyone seems to like my current cat. I know who you are though.

ah ok so i cant be short

like i said though i dont have any of the books and idk how to get them, i looked through all the mission rewards and none of them offered it

i just want my cute coat ;_:

it's the lipstick

das me
i love that dude

Im just a literally who, but I think your c@ is cute, would eb

Who are you?

Cutes cute.

Is it? I think it looks odd with light or without, maybe because I'm used to it.

ty

I'm me.

You know, people who act pure on surface, deep down are the biggest sluts.

Jfc just post your name if youre going to attentionwhore like this

Why can't I play the new trial with my beta account? I never purchased the game so how does it have a "service"?

Every site reports that you could play with a previous trial account.

Only 7'2" of stacked.. Bell pepper? Aloe?

Just report avatarfags.

NOT ALL.

can someone post the Berke DRK guide picture?

nah with the hlp of crossbars you got it made KB+M cucks will try to say "muh mouseover" but thats invalid as you can target party members through the D-pad you will probally need maros for selene though

Yawn.
The whole "im pure teehee" is just a farce to attract erpists.

If you actually didnt want to, you wouldn't act all flustered about it youd just avoid it

Faggot

Yeah but still, I'm not sure mashing the D pad a few times is ideal when I can just click on them

Will you roe roe roe my boat?

What's wrong with wanting to erp with other men?

Gross.

It was posted in a screenshot like two days ago. Phil Cleave.

>get Fire III
>finally a nuke worthy of a Black Mage
>can cast 3 of those before having to switch for regen

Use it to switch from umbral to astral

drk scholar blm summoner (ifrit)

poke first 2 packs then bunch up on the monkeys. summoner runs to get key after bane.
prep dots on the pack outside the gate, bring mobs to boss and bane boss and boss adds

bring solo mob to the 2 dragonflies then run leftcedge to double drake boss avoiding the mobs.
tank drake to south and bane bomb when smalldrake spawns. dont run away from the gobbie when he tries to cleave you.

run leftside and avoid mob packs and roamers. sit inside your tank's model as he is leading. only 4 mobs are needed. safer to kill them outside the gate. careful to not pick up roamers there.
all casters sit inside bane range but spread apart to not share the mud spit damage. bane when healer bubble appears. the boss 360 aoe can be ignored it doesn't deal damage and stagnant spray is avoidable.

pull all mobs up to boss tunnel (one optional roamer, pick it up too) summoner lb after bane. drk suicides solo to get the rng ring chest by the coeurl and takes shortcut back after death.
boss is tank and spank. place selene where fey caress can reach all.

Only use f3 to switch from ice to fire and with procs.

Whats gross about boats? Youre a roe, you should love the sea and stuff like that

Oh, hey, it's the retard from A10S

Redpill me on you, why do you have so many orbiting shitposters actively looking at your logs

Yeah I learned that in the first dungeon run I did after getting F3.
And I was so happy that I will finally get to blow things up proper.

It's Abe, ultrash, and Seto doing most of the shitposting against Guffy.

they're jealous of his skill and raw animal magnetism that scores him all the hot grown man ass

you don't find it funny that a guy who constantly posts game knowledge in the thread and argues about game stuff hasn't cleared a12s before the echo for SIX MONTHS?

idk kev
They either are upset that someone as bad as me cleared and they didn't or they are just bored
Wait unil 44

>hehe now I'm self depreciating and I'm baddd xD

But you didn't clear before echo.

This one?

"Yes" but I hear the fairy does all the work anyway before endgame content comes around. You should really look into getting used to a keyboard & mouse soon though.

Summoner is probably easy enough to use a controller.

>saw this coming
And you would offer a mere boat. I'll find myself a SHIP, mortal.

fuck off valvey we all know it's you no one else could ever be retarded enough to question the gamemaster

>if you don't clear within the first few days you are garbage and your opinion is irrelevant!

this is what you sound like

>abe
I didn't think he had internet in his cuckshed.