/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

/bbg/ nice feels edition

Fell through the Hamlet oceansky but didn't quite make it to the Whirligig: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

That hunter....

Im ringing. Pass is still bb.

>cant argue against any point
>"a-autism!!"

where and what for?

Falcon, puuuuunch

Idyll bloodlettingbeast. But be aware I suck.

autism

Anyone found gems like this?

Im sorry. Ringing again.
Ihyll

Your a beast man. Thanks a lot.

:^)

Have a good hunt

Yes, they go up to 6 if you get a 19 from watchers

So I just discovered a room with four Great One Coldbloods in an FRC. I just got into doing them, so is this normal?

FRCs contain all the weirdest shit. I think I was in that one, they're just on the ground in a treasure room, right?

I've seen a room with 8 great ones wisdoms

PURGE MEMES

afaik two people cannot create the same dungeon from mats if both are playing online

No, it was in a small room with a bell hanging from the ceiling. I also found a weird chest that I had never seen in any of the regular chalices earlier in.

I thought maybe he was using a glyph, he didn't just make it, I've found the same thing before and it's neato

Noice

What did the chest look like? Can you get a screencap?

Also, I just made it from scratch a little bit ago.

Why is the doll so cute ?

It really is superior, although I wish poison, rapid poison, pulisng, finestrike, lethal, fool and other blood gem types were as viable as your average temperings/nourishings.

Took one when I first saw it

Bacause she loves you and you love her

Oh those are only good on layer 4s

I saw one of those while cooping with a random. No idea of what was inside.

Damn, I've never seen one of those before

Hmmmm

Yeah, iirc it had 2 backbones in it.

japanese rooms sure are tiny

first timer here when do I attempt chalice dungeons?

What is it about the bonash set that mostly attracts shitters? Whenever I SRRC and the beckoner wears it, he'll mostly stand at the back throwing molotovs or doing nothing.

the first one you get can be done immediately, keep going until you get stuck for a while, go back to story, go back to chalice when you feel ready

>get in chalices early on
>looks like spooky scary skeleton
>big dumb hat

Hmm, I wonder

Looks 2cool2spoopy to shitters who think they're playing a spooky Dracula game. Not mention they also 99% of the time have Ludwig's.

Shit I got a lot of chalice dungeons to do then

Literally never seen one of those.

It feels exclusive because you don't get it in the main game.
>ludwigs
>with bone ash
The clipping drives me fucking nuts, why people do that.

at max level (98) you can clear every chalice in a few hours, if you are overlevelled its a breeze until you get to an appropriate chalice, so dont worry too much

98 is over leveled

77 should be fine then right?

i'd say 98 is appropriate for depth 5

98 was made just so people could pick on 80 master race

80 is the true max level

A best. Would touch giant doll nose 24/7.

any eurofags here at /bbg/?
would be nice to hunt with some of you when I'm not at work

england friendo here

Eurofagge here, where you at?

nice
sry, I just wanted to know, I'm not up right now but I will be later tonight

>use SRRC
>summoned in less than a minute
>ring the bell myself and go grab some food
>noone arrives after 20 minutes

Rate my powder keg build pls

BL80

50/10/30/25/9/6

I'm using the boom hammer, rifle spear, cannon and gating gun. Set is ashen hunter or charred hunter garb with a top hat.

You don't need 50 Vit, you can get by with 45 and runes. Why BL 80?

Nice build, but too much vitality, ID go for 41

Try using stake driver

Get Str to fiddy then it's good. You could cut some out of Vit, 40 is the minimum you should keep it with 2 HP Runes.

Oh and I would have min maxed Dex and went straight str and heavy abysalls

The last 3 months has really legitimized ps4 as a platform

No longer a Bloodborne box

What's been so significant in that time?

Yakuza 0
gravity rush 2
HzD (lol)
Nioh
Kingdom hearts
MLB the show (lol)
Soon PERSONA 5

I need more memes involving yharnam residents

you mean already PERSONA 5

I'd also like this, if gondola bro's around we could ask him to see if he'd draw one thats just using one of the generic yharnam hunters

Isn't FF15 also a exclusive?

For those who care about FF

>make contact with ayy player
>he doesn't make contact me back

Nioh, Gravity Rush, GGXrd Rev2

That's unacceptable

See, I have to keep Make Contact on my quick gestures menu to avoid offending you people.

Why are you kissless losers still playing this game when DS3 has surpassed it in every way with the new DLC

better combat which is the core mechanic
I got a girl pragnent whaddayoudo

I don't have a bait picture saved but have this one

>Only 2 areas, both of them very linear with huge swamps making up the majority of each
>4 bosses, one is yet another terrible dragon fight, one is a multiplayer gimmick that already doesn't work
>patches new content into the game that is cut
>2 good tracks on the ost

lol

>replying to obvious b8

>with huge swamps making up the majority of each
wait really?
I was contemplating buying the new DLC but fuck swamp areas, farron keep was bad enough.

The dreg heap is two straight shots where you get chased by angels, that empties into a swamp, goes vertical for a minute and then dumps you by the boss. There's a very small area to the left of the start with barely anything in it

Ringed City is a straight path at first, goes down a shaft, becomes a straight path again and quickly empties into a really big swamp, probably twice the size of the other one. You head right into reused catacombs assets where you run in circles through a broken staircase puzzle. Then you go straight to the end, with a hidden passage on an elevator that takes you to the optional dragon boss. There are two shortcuts that take you to bonfires you already passed because the path wraps around. But the swamp is the only point where you can actually be off that path.

Remember how Earthen Peak had all that poison?

Jesus, how do you fuck up a DLC that bad after you make something as good as The Old Hunters?

>people actually think Miyazaki CO directed ds3

He put his name on it for sales sake

Can't blame him, souls games lack microtransactions so it needs a every sale possible

Let's compare the surrounding problems of each

>Miyazaki working on the last year of DS3's development in parallel
>Only a few months of development time, also needed to overhaul the online system

vs

>worse dev team
>Miyazaki working on multiple other projects at the same time and Tanimura doing directing work
>not enough time to do everything as is evident by cut content even though they had over a year working on both DLCs and a lot of the new stuff in this one is just repurposed or completely finished content that has been in the files since launch

TRC never had a chance

Ds3 never had a chance

>Tanimura and B Team will never have Kitamura's work ethic
>She will carry them through every game they ever work on

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love that I can't make shit out in that picture, fuckin Amygdala

>tfw you want to make OC
>tfw you can't draw
Atleast editing pictures doesn't take too much talent.

>exposition

>just repurposed or completely finished content that has been in the files since launch
You know what REALLY pissed me off about this DLC? More than any of the other problems that were mentioned already?

They took the Firekeeper mask that was just sitting in there, completely usable, and made it into the Blindfold Mask. As in, they took the mesh and just retextured it. And the description even says
>This purple steel creation has a certain resemblance to the Fire Keeper's crown, but the similarity is purely cosmetic.
So we can never complete that set, ever. Instead we got some one piece horseshit that doesn't even have any story behind it.

>vilifying tanimura when it's shibuya's fault das2 sucked ass
>defending hackazaki and attributing his shortcomings after DaS3 turned out to be meh to some mythical bee team
>when he also directed das1 half of which was shit
>when japan studio is the one that was involved in DeS and BB development which are also coincidentally the only games that are both innovating and consistent in quality
Memezaki and FROM in general are just a bunch of half-competent idea guys that have brilliant concept but always manage to fuck the execution up. After achieving success, they went on a powertrip and gave even less shits about being consistent in quality. They NEED a guiding hand and some kind of mentorship in order to make a good game.

>and consistent in quality
not true, DS2 and ACV were consistently shit

hello bbg :^) pretty princess here to post afew memes
heres a piece of shit edit i made the other day to start off with

>Nov 2013

> I get ps4, my ds1 360 buddies all get xb1

>cmon user ditch that ps4 and get xb1

>project beast leaks

>"there is no way this is just a ps4 game" "maybe timed exclusive"

>e3 2014 reveal, Bloodborne, Japan studio, fromsoft

>3 traded in xb1s for ps4s

Icing on cake MCC turned out blunder and the 4th friend came over

So good

I'm ESL. Please no bully.

Man, you have no idea.
I lack the precision to do the jump cheese strat so I just decided to cheese Amy's little stomps instead and hit her arms, which took ages since I do like 390 damage a hit. It was actually working out damn well but as always she/he/it/xir is a one hit wonder.

oops cant be a pretty pricness without a trip

i hope gondola bro returns atsome point

just do it, user. i do requests here occasionally, and i'm a beginner with minimal artistic talent. you're not going to get better at drawing if you don't draw. make your OC, user, and even if it's shit then you've at least learned something

Pretty sure Japan Studio was involved in neither of those, at least according to the wiki.

This whole Miyazaki actually sucks meme needs to die already. DaS3 is absolutely his worst game but DeS,DaS,BB are all great with DaS being the weakest out of them.

DaS is circlejerked the most due to it being multiplat and where a bunch of youtube philosophers latched on to do "Game Design Study".

>ds1 LITTERLY has cut on disc content from DeS

It does due to it being slapdashed together on a basic bitch budget.

Gotta remember it was a risk to make these games back then and Bamco are a cancer of a publisher.

>with DaS being the weakest out of them
>DaS3 is also underwhelming
>japan studio is the one that was involved in DeS and BB development
really grants you eyes

Don't get me wrong JP studio with From is an amazing combo but calling Miyazaki a hack is plain wrong. The duder pretty much put fromsoft on the map. Also he elevated himself to the president of the company due to how much success he brought it.

Remember Sony came to him to make BB he didn't go to them.