2.0 EDITION!

>What's new?
HEROES OF THE STORM 2.0!
youtube.com/watch?v=YpNkFA7gAHI
>Cassia, D2 Amazon
youtube.com/watch?v=NZkdtQ1fOZY

>For Azeroth reactivated; get a WoW mount by playing Warcraft Assassins
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20532383/

> Two Heads Are Better Than One; get your free Cho'gall (if you haven't already)
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20602241/

>For new players:
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation or try mode and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked, you'll regret it.

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20626038/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20649608/
>Latest patch notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20581822/

>Hero Rankings, various Statistics, Talent Calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>Current Tier List
robogrub.com/tierlist

>Where do I find you Monstrosity Picking downies?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/Heroes_of_the_Storm_Wiki

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20649609/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-update-march-28-2017-3-28-2017
eu.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/#player-alpha
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
eu.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Interested.

Current patch:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20649609/heroes-of-the-storm-balance-update-march-28-2017-3-28-2017

Cassia hype! Who is gonna be trash at Cassia on release?

WHEN IS THE FUCKING CASSIA COMING OUT?

WHEN IS THE FUCKING HEROES 2.0 COMING OUT?

I can now get a bunch duplicates in this game just like in overwatch! finally! that's what I always wanted!

Why did they not make her a hybrid like Varian?
Ranged Assassin - Bowazon
Melee Assassin - Spearzon

So I should immediately stop trying to level my heroes, yes?

Novazon.

Plus fuck hybrids.

in about 2 weeks

end of april

Launch Event info supposedly launches in mid April, but then again it seems like the Update would roll in with Cassia which should be in a week or two by their default schedule.

I guess. Get them close to leveling and then stop playing them. Do we know which levels give you loot boxes?

sooo...Master skin are useless in 2.0

what stuff will really be rare besides Shop exclusives?

someone said they previewed new battleground? anyone got anything on it?

no, cause you will get more epic loot pass the 100 level account, so the more heroes you level up the more loot you are going to get

You can buy stuff with money still. I ain't stopping ya.

Eh. Feel free to level them if they are level 11 or higher. That's the cap. You could probably do 7, since all the numbers are lower.

Every level is a common box.
Level 10th character level is a Character Box
Every 20th level (or 25th, two sources are conflicting there) give epic boxes.

Apparently each and every level gives a box (like in Overwatch), but certain milestones like 20, 40 etc give you rare and epic lootboxes. But from what I understood, those are tied to your overall hero level and not the individual hero level.

>cassia takes 65% reduced damage from basic attacks
>the only counter to her are mages
>one of the ults literally counters mages
This shit isn't even funny anymore.

my hero level is 485, but I will only get 70 chests?

WTF

All of them. Neat, right?

>announcer pack added.
>now have to decide do I want Abby or Alarak
>either way it's still awesome.

Well with that 70 loot box limit they better fucking prioritize the character boxes.

The only items they said won't be obtainable by everyone are the event exclusive items.

btw you will still can buy heroes with gold

I'm inclined to believe that character boxes are awarded separately here.

The level advancement has been flatlined to eternity so it doesn't really change anything. Like Overwatch you'll just get boxes at a consistent rate.

Just root her.

I'm sure she will be undertuned. Especially with her range. I'll admit, Valkerie looks insane.

But she'll Valk in Guld, he'll survive, cast Horrify, walk away.

>Alarak
Having him talk down to you for letting your core get stomp.

DON'T FORGET THE VOICE LINES!

I will just join games and spam abathur voicelines. Hopefully they are teamwide.

btw. Brightwing also good. Illidan for the edge. Azomadan for the sexiness.

What did he mean by this? Where did they talk about the limit?

*ingame event
Saw that Nexus Kodo up for purchase in the preview, so just like with the horse they seem to offer those Blizzcon rewards again. Pretty neat imo.

In the youtube preview Alarak didn't have a pack yet.

One of the people on the reddits who was at the summit said that boxes cap around 70 or something.

This is Blizzard they will fuck something up.

Yesterday you weren't gonna get any.

Cashing In

While new players will earn their first few Loot Chests quickly as they rise through the early levels, we haven’t forgotten about those of you who have been throwing down in the Nexus for a while.

Whether you’ve only played a handful of games, or you’re a die-hard veteran of the Nexus, you’re going to get free loot immediately upon logging in to Heroes of the Storm after patch day. Depending on your overall Account Level after installing the patch, we’re going to award you with a wealth of Loot Chests:

ACCOUNT LEVEL REWARDS
Completed at least 1 Heroes match 5 Common Loot Chests
Every 10 Account Levels +1 Common Loot Chest (35 Maximum)
Every 25 Account Levels +1 Rare Loot Chest (20 Maximum)
Every 100 Account Levels +1 Epic Loot Chest (10 Maximum)
Additionally, because we’ve reduced the amount of XP needed to progress through later levels, those of you who already have lots of high-level Heroes will now level up—and unlock corresponding rewards—far more frequently than before.

Plus the pillars in the graph were much smaller, so the overall amount of XP needed seems to have been drastically reduced. This kinda makes me wonder wether or not a level 8 hero will be 10 after the update and therefore give me a master skin.

You mean the only way to kill her is with the 5 heroes that have roots? Because 90% of the time abilities only slow, which doesn't remove her passive and when they do it's for 1.5 seconds at most which won't be enough to kill her. Even worse we aren't even considering the talents.

>D2 amazon
Meh, i understand that they want to add stuff from the older games, but why they wont add shit like mephisto, duriel etc etc. Where its stated that only old PLAYABLE characters should be avaible? Why not add stuff you were never able to play as before?
EXPLAIN

So you can potentially lose crates if you're ranked too high? Someone do the math, I'm scared to play now.

POST YOUR LEVELS, RIGHT NOW

LILI A BEST

Source on that?
Doesn't match with what others have been saying.

wtf i love hots now

eu.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/#player-alpha

Down at 'Cashing in'

Apparently Cassia is the D2 Amazon player class and the one from this artwork.

solidjake is talking about uther rework on stream

Thats because those 'others' are idiots talking out of their asses.

eu.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/progression/

No don't give me more XP retroactively if your going to fucking limit loot boxes.

Oh fuck.

I can't check from work besides HOTSLOGS.

HOTSLOGS says 366.

So, according to this:

We get 2 more heroes. FUCKING ROLLING!

So all Diablo II heroes are grandpas in the nexus? The Amazon seems a little older

I know!

Currently looking at 343, does it include Heroes you don't own and levelled on free weeks?

>Well meet: 25% slow for the enemy and 25% damage increase

Uther is op now

Mephisto and Malthael

>However, please note that if you’ve already purchased a Skin or Mount using gold or real money before the patch arrives, you’ll permanently receive the base version and both of its variations on patch day —whether or not you had previously unlocked those variations.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What do banners do?

But thats good.

What seems to be the problem here, sir? Of course you get to keep the shit you bought.

Unless I'm reading it wrong that's a good thing?

Not quite grandpas, but it has been like 20 years since D2 by the time D3 starts. I guess they've decided to pull all the Diablo heroes from roughly the same time span.

>implying

>With the arrival of the new progression system, we’ve also overhauled the rewards that you can earn by leveling up your individual Heroes. One of the most significant changes we’re making is that Skin Variations, Mount Variations, and Master Skins, are no longer unlockable through Hero Progression. Instead, they are now individual items that you can receive in Loot Chests or pick up in the Shop.

Free tints.

>70 lootbox cap for veteran players
So what happens with the lootboxes one of the video talked about that would have hero specific loot in them?
There are also 3 different qualities of lootboxes, I think I saw it being normal lootbox for 15? levels and epic lootbox for 25 levels so, what quality lootboxes will you get if you have progressed past the 70 lootbox cap?

Also what the fuck is happening with the current skin color variations you unlock by leveling heroes, or the master skins?

Yes, we know. But even if you haven't already reached the levels to unlock tints for skins/heroes /mounts you currently own, the game will give them to you anyway.

make people mad

Yeah, but you get character specific boxes.

Too lewd user. LiLi is pure!

Anyone catch that new Li-Ming star skin?

>To get all 70 boxes you have to be hero level 1000
>Average hero level of 16 on EVERY character

>On a new account you'd need a quarter as many levels for the same amount of epic boxes

Fucking hell.

I didnt

You keep them. As for what boxes, see here:

W-what do you mean, user?

what creatures? EXPLAIN YOU CUNT
is it like pets in wow?
if you get them by unlocking heroes and leveling them then they will have to give them out for free to =palyers who are already leveled to prevent a MASSIVE a MASSSSSSSIVE account dump because 80% of players would just create a new account because of this

It said on the site this is taking effect next patch. So next week or what?

>Been playing since beta
>Only level 14 because I get bored really easily
I really want to like this game but I can't stand playing more than like 2 or 3 matches at a time. Feels weird when everyone I play with is level 40.

>what creatures? EXPLAIN YOU CUNT
>is it like pets in wow?
what the fuck are you even talking about

See, the cap doesn't affect most of us at all.

That is why I am quite mad at this shit. Veterans supporting this game for over a year should be rewarded, not get less shit than the rest for playing

user, are you a furry?

It seems you don't retroactively get Character Boxes.
Earlier in the thread someone explained how the retroactive boxes work.
For new boxes you get common every 1 level, rare every 5, character every 10, epic every 25.

If you already have a skin, you get all the tints for free.
Otherwise you have to buy tints individually.
Master skins are just common skins now.

>Daiblo 2
FUCK YES ABOUT TIME FUAAAARK

Ah, it doesn't seem that the star is new it's just the alternative colors now have names.

But that skin at the bottom is new.

>People are reportedly gonna be maxed out at (x) crates for their hard work of leveling up heroes.
>Blizzard "design philosophy" on loot crates is sketchy at best for a free to play model.
>All those hours of grinding exponential experience curves basically wasted with rng rewards.
>Only play Li Li since alpha, still have all those heroes to level up and grind for crates and get them at an easier rate then others.
It's such a little thing but it's another case of Blizzard fucking over avid players through what is essentially a timegated system to normalize things.
More options for the player is nice though. Before it was just real money for anything cosmetic.
Really the only important things about 2.0 is new heroes, a map, announcers, less grind to 10 and above, a new frontend to manage your autism collection, and cosmetics through rng with a possible bump in price for real money transactions... right?
That's still quite a bit but banners and shit can go fuck right off.

Apparently there are sales that everyone gets except Mexico.
Thanks a lot Trump.

>Veteran players get fucked
nice on blizz

Two or three matches is a lot of gameplay every day.

I'm furry for Li Li

the armor and color schemes are new.

It is on there offical weppage.

I forgot to add in "once a month"

14 is literally like 20-30 games.

Where are my fucking old gods?

>D2 amazon
I FUCKING TOLD YOU GUYS
I FUCKING
TOLD
YOU
ALL OF YOU I EVEN POSTED FUCKING PICTURES AND PROOF

>veteran players completely cucked
>can start a new account when patch hits and get the same amount of loot boxes in a couple of weeks
>also get hero specific loot boxes on the new account that the old one wouldn't get

Valkyre ult is literally stiches hook basic ability reversed direction.

Ready for the TWO POINT O?