I can't wait for the price of these fucking cars to plummet like a brick...

I can't wait for the price of these fucking cars to plummet like a brick. 26k for a fucking used Nissan that's 28 years old. Thanks to teenage fan boys the price is through the roof. The market is so saturated with these skylines...prove me wrong. You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

japan-partner.com/Auto/25811/Nissan/SKYLINE/car-for-sale.html
importavehicle.com/vehicles/19/1999-nissan-skyline-gt-r
reddit.com/r/SkyLine/comments/66xfh9/reputable_import_dealers_for_usa/dgm4377/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZuUDhEY2k
thedrive.com/news/9713/nismo-to-make-nissan-r32-gtr-oem-replacement-parts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R32s a shit anyway.

dont get your hopes up, I've seen them rise from 22k to 28-30k average since they were first legalized after the 25 year rule.

>Going through Cuckslist
>Not importing a cheap shitbox yourself

japan-partner.com/Auto/25811/Nissan/SKYLINE/car-for-sale.html

Unless you live in a flyover state, this is your next best option, no bullshit middleman.

Once R33s and especially once the R34 become legal, the R32 should about halve in price

I hope you can speak Japanese, and have a fixer in Japan and who knows the US customs side of things otherwise you are going to get fucked hard

Agreed

I know, it makes ok power but why would anybody pay that much. It's not a "drivers" car it's a sedan with a turbo (s) slapped on it. Thanks f&f

None of the old cars will ever see a price drop. If fucking MIATAS are starting to get overpriced, there is literally NO (ZERO) hope for any of these shitboxes either.

The real question is, who the fuck is actually buying these at these retarded prices? Anyone with a brain is going for the barely-used American pony cars which offer much more car for much less money.

You're gonna be waiting a while lmao

>market is saturated
>prove me wrong
K

~40,000 BNR32s were made from 1989 to 1994
Thousands wrecked, thousands crushed, thousands parted out, thousands beat to shit, thousands still in Japan.

Millions of fanboys. You do the math.

>tfw only a couple of years to buy my r34 coupe or else I'll be paying 20k because it'll be legal for amerifats

i dont have space to put it

Not gonna lie, I've looked at miatas and found a decent one for 800 and then the dude wanted to start a bidding war with me saying someone else offered 900! I said dude fuck you and hung up. I tried to give they guy his asking price but was obviously just out to fuck someone.

You're only complaining about price because you want one and can't afford it.

You're a cliche.

>barely used American pony cars

This is me, and throw the Corvette in there. Whenever I start talking to a GTR fanboy I just ask them "You really can't do better/more for $20k?" and the reassessment begins.

>r34
>in america
Doubt

That's the thing, I'm a car guy and I don't even want one. I just don't get the fucking hype.

Aren't the r34's banned? How can you sell them let alone own one?

>a couple of years
>for a sub 20k GTT
let's be honest here, you're not buying one

What R34s? Those are legal R32s.

Exactly. For 30k they bought something that's going to depreciate faster than a new car

>R34 rims
You idiot

FWIW there are R34s in the US. Most of them came in through florida, were registered and titled illegally and are basically a honeypot for ICE to come and seize your property

There is one legal R34 GTR in the Us and it costs about $150,000. It's a V-Spec and it's legal only through the show and display law so it can get driven 2500 miles a year

importavehicle.com/vehicles/19/1999-nissan-skyline-gt-r

Never mind I'm dumb I read the ad wrong it says it has r34's rims

>r34 rims
Are you illiterate?

Whoops, meant $30k. But you got me

>Millions of fanboys
No way

Don't get me wrong guys, cool cars yes...but just because they're rhd,turbo and 30 years old doesn't make them worth 26k and up. The people importing these things are making a killing I'm sure. And will be until the r34s plummet too (ha) and you know they'll be making boat loads (no pun intended) when the r34s show up in masses

People who barely know what these cars are are buying them. Barrett Jackson has had a few go through for more than the two in the OP.

It's not even that it's going to "depreciate," these things were never worth the $20k+ asking prices in the first place. It's like the RHD """JDM""" MX-5's trickling in - being RHD and straight from Japan with Eunos badges on it does not magically make a fucking 1990 Miata worth $12k.

The real REAL problem here is that the two target demographics for these things are incredibly different - People who can't/will never be able to afford them anyway, and people to whom money is no object who won't even notice $20k missing in their bank account.

im not getting a GTT, some auto coupes are 5k

"Never be able to afford them" is a bit of a reach...they're overpriced, not fucking unobtainable lmao

That's even worse
>a few years
>5k auto shitbox

who is this semen demon?

I blame morons like this for it all

the point is not the money, but that I don't have anywhere to put it

A 25 year old minimum wage worker with no education living in his mom's basement can "buy" one of these, sure, but you can hardly call that "affording" one.

Just like half the people who live in "upper middle class" suburban neighborhoods who can buy a $300k house all day long, but can't "afford" to live in it. In my own neighborhood there are people whose houses/roofs are fucked up from hail storms and whose fences have been knocked down for 6 months or more. They live in a house that costs 300k but they can't afford the goddamn insurance deductible to fix their shit.

Why exactly?
They only fuck about with non-rare

Dave Ramsey coming through! Haha I hear that man!

>Once R33s and especially once the R34 become legal, the R32 should about halve in price
uh...... user? i think you should be ready for the worst.

the nerdy girl from oshiete galko-chan

>a few examples under exemptions in law
Once the R34 hits that 25 year mark, the R32 will drop drastically in price because it wasn't hurr rip paul walker bro

are you fucking kidding me? Please tell me you're joking. Rare or not, the 500k plus subs are the reason all the pos bmws are rising in price cause "skids bro, that shits mint!"

>Once the R34 hits that 25 year mark, the R32 will drop drastically in price because it wasn't hurr rip paul walker bro
user, let me repeat that:

You should be ready for the worst. I have never seen a car de-valuate, even if a more famous one was available.

Like said. There are 40k R32 MADE, about 12k R34 made, and millions of fanboys and retards with rich parents.

Hope for the best, be ready for the worst. The worst is the most likely

many thanks

You're wrong lol

The 33 is going to be more expensive than the 32 is now (32 not dropping), and the 34 is only going to be for people that can afford them. My guess is 70-110k when they come over.

why do you care about the prices of pos bmws?
have you been looking for one?
>tfw you're part of the problem

I wouldn't doubt if the Miami ones go for stupid money but I see more around the 60-70k marks. Just my guess.

Nismo*

Yeah cause an observation makes me part of the problem. Fuck off motard.

Nismo r34s are like 500k

not a typo

There are more V Spec BNR34s made than standard GT-Rs, so yeah maybe the standard ones will be down there but they'll be scarce.

Yeah just a quick search found one for 120k...sheeeeit.

I wonder if the japs are going nuts over our shitty chevys like they are the skylines...

>amerilards will NEVER EVER get picrelated

They fucking love US muscle cars

You're probably right. Now that's a car I could live with. Love the midnight purple too.

People will always want what they can't have.

AFAIK 50's and 60's cars are fucking desired there.

People keep thinking the R33 will be more expensive than the r32 are funny. The only ones that actually like the r33 are wangan nerds and people that like the styling. Everyone else just memes about it being a fucking boat that looks ugly as fuck.

Meanwhile, Ill be happy as fuck importing one for 18-20k 6 months to a year after the 25 year rule hits, since no one will instantly buy these compared to the r32

how did you observe it? probably something like:
>watch haggard garage
>want a pos bmw to do skidz in
>oh no they are expensive better blame other people like me for their price on a lithuanian gravel shoveling forum
rate my detective skills

>literally see with my own eyes that R33s are selling for more money than R32s
>user thinks I'm funny
K m8

Lol 0/10...I have a new truck man. I enjoy working on cars...def don't want a beat up BMW...nor do I want a new one. Just not my style man.

wangan>drag racing>>>>>togay

>Everyone else just memes about it being a fucking boat that looks ugly as fuck.
I don't care about it being pigfat, that's more crumple zone than the R32 to protect me in the case of a collision.

I dont like the styling at all but even i did my fucking research and found out that from R32 to R34 every generation kept improving.

Fuck what god hand said. R33 IS a better performing car than the R32 and the R34 better than the R33.

muh pigfat turbo lag land yacht commuters

R35 is literally the only semi good one and is actually not overpriced garbage

Yeah ill agree with you in that one.

Yeah, because you can buy a new R35 for the same price as you'll be able to buy a used R34 here soon.

t. assmad GM fangirl

>R35 is literally the only semi good one and is actually not overpriced garbage
lol geriatrics

wait fuck the skyline after the r34 didn't have a gt-r version whoops

disregard this shitpost

>he's happy with his sensible new truck
ok

the g37 is the best of the modern skylines tho

>Japan-partner

>I bought a car from Japan Partner for a customer because it matched exactly what they wanted. I would sooner kill my mom than ever buy anything from them ever again.

>They took parts out of it that were supposed to be in it (seats, boost controller, steering wheel) and replaced them with crap. Once they had my money they became unresponsive for months. To get them to respond to my emails I eventually created a script that emailed them hourly. After six days they finally responded and didn't even answer the question I had emailed to them over 125 times.

>Garbage company. Avoid at all costs.

Don't even bother.

Importers don't see it happening. Japanese demand is rising for the R32 and the local dealers/enthusiasts are all colluding to try and keep as few from leaving the country as possible.

Dealers that buy will literally refuse to sell for export.

Look up the actual auction values, R32 GT-Rs that are US legal are already around the same price as the R33 GT-Rs. US demand will cause a bump guaranteed.

Therefore the R33 will be more money than the R32.

If you don't believe me use jspec.au's auction statistics to see for yourself.

I'm personally going to try and get an R33 GT-R now to get in before the inevitable 25 year price clusterfuck and while it's in Japan I'm going to pay for a proper restoration at Omori Factory.

HHHHNNNGGGHHGHGHG THIGG

BETTER BE QUICK THEY'RE FUCKING CLIMBING.

Make sure to name it otako homie, I named my lightning yellow Galko :^)

Source on the Japan-Partner claims? I'm looking to import a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage through them since I don't know what other alternatives there are like JP.

>buying a gtr
>not just buying a shell and a stagea and swapping the engines

>he thinks a car that is pretty rare and hard to find in good shape will "plummet" in price
LOL keep dreaming kid.

Holy fuck that is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

Thanks user, You made my day.

Not really. After buying them at auction (limited supply for good ones), shipping, insurance, taxes and fee's, repairs when they arrive, rent on a building, they make like MAYBE $5-8k on them.

>not recognizing the unicorn MCMmeme

reddit.com/r/SkyLine/comments/66xfh9/reputable_import_dealers_for_usa/dgm4377/

An importer in the US buying for their customer.

Most importers make something like 1k if you take on the risk by buying the car while it's in Japan. You only see 5-8k margin if they take on all the risk and bring the car in themselves and you just show up to buy it or walk away.

if you have 20 min to spare and actually interested...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZuUDhEY2k

Damn that sucks, I'm not going to brush them off since I don't know about any other JDM exporter that isn't US exclusive, but I will definitely tread lightly with them.

I just hope the Mirage runs fine at least.

Lets say you get lucky and find an R32 for 20k.

What else can actually compete? Most domestic cars cant handle. Is a vanilla WRX comparable?

>Once R33s and especially once the R34 become legal, the R32 should about halve in price

just kill yourself you fucking moron. or just shut the fuck up if you have no idea what you are talking about

have fun losing every single race. lmao

>Lets say you get lucky and find an R32 for 20k.

you don't have to get lucky. Its not rare to find one for $20k.

Tommyfyeah bought his for $18k

fucking moron

R33s are shit. You don't want them.

Save up for R34s, which are already taxed to hell and back.

>What else can actually compete?
Other homologation specials.

>R33s are shit. You don't want them.
Why?

Go look up the cars it beat on the burgerking.

not the person you replied to but have you been to the nurburgring or plan on going and racing there anytime soon with your own car?

If the answer is no (which it is), then shut the fuck up.

just buy a C5 Z06 you cuck

>Anyone with a brain is going for the barely-used American pony cars which offer much more car for much less money.

skylines can turn without taking out every pedestrian in sight.

Try pacific coast JDM

Come on now. The Nordschleife is actually a very good test of a road car. Performance there can be extrapolated fairly well.

The data showed that despite a worse power to weight ratio of the R33 vs R32, the R33 managed to apply more throttle more of the time due to better cornering ability and stability.

Lol no Nissan just started remanufacturing OEM parts for them
thedrive.com/news/9713/nismo-to-make-nissan-r32-gtr-oem-replacement-parts
These things are going full build sheet/matching numbers/I know what I got.

>These things are going full build sheet/matching numbers/I know what I got.
This has been happening a while now. Australians trying to sell domestic model imports for 80k just because they were sold through a dealer here instead of in japan.

Sorry senpai but they're going to go even higher.

Nissan will now produce replacement r32 parts so everyone will try to jump in on the r32 meme

It's going to be insanely expensive considering that it's Nismo and not Nissan that is doing this parts program.

It's a bubble, it will crash