/wfg/ - Warframe General

Buff me when edition
previous thread: >READ the pastebins BEFORE asking stupid questions
GENERAL FAQ: pastebin.com/wyz3Ye1g
Additional FAQ, SERIOUSLY, READ THIS ONE: pastebin.com/GHStmm22

>How to join Warbros No Fun Allowed, if it wasn't full: i.imgur.com/RMS2guW.png
>Avoid the line, join the /wfg/ alliance today! PM killsaw of Warbros NFA for inquiries

>Notable links
/wfg/ Discord: discord.gg/X5Ttu4n
Wiki: warframe.wikia.com
Essentials: deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html
Focus System: warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus
Buying and Selling items: warframe.market
News: forums.warframe.com/forum/170-news-events/
Raid Setups and individual Builds:
Warframe Raid Schoolbus: Hide your power lvl and follow the rules: discord.gg/aUTTyWH
THE LAW OF RETRIBUTION: pastebin.com/dMMdZRpY
THE JORDAS VERDICT: pastebin.com/NLPSMBed
Damage 2.0: i.imgur.com/AFVavTs.jpg
Droptables and Data: github.com/VoiDGlitch/WarframeData (MissionDecks=mission rewards)
Another Datamine / Warframe News: semlar.com/
DPS calculator and weapon build planner: github.com/GottFaust/WWDC/releases/tag/0.8.2 (not maintained)
DPS calculator and build planner No.2: warframe-builder.com/ (frames, weapons and companions)
Top guns, read note at the bottom: i.imgur.com/Zu4Z6lD.jpg
Tierqueer Filters: git.io/vMhaS
---
CURRENT UPDATE: Octavia's Anthem
> forums.warframe.com/topic/776642-octavias-anthem-update-20/
CURRENT PRIME ACCESS: Banshee
> forums.warframe.com/topic/767736-banshee-prime-hotfix-19115/
Older stream footage: pastebin.com/LkZRPteU
liestream highlights: warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Livestreams
For specific liestream highlights, use warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Devstream_## (replace ##)
---

/wfg/ OP pastebin, if it's not like this one report it and make a proper one: pastebin.com/iAgtMahh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8pRrpEuZ0
my.mixtape.moe/ewaptk.mp3
youtu.be/PH-fHEZWxWc
my.mixtape.moe/ndcgrm.mp3
youtu.be/fvyXOXbi8kE
my.mixtape.moe/dqftct.mp3
youtu.be/ghPbv7HiNzY
my.mixtape.moe/yvepts.webm
my.mixtape.moe/fnyswm.mp3
youtu.be/EPFDD2mqCwY
my.mixtape.moe/pfcpcr.mp3
forums.warframe.com/topic/780108-devstream-90-thursday-special-on-april-13/
youtube.com/watch?v=AMT698ArSfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8pRrpEuZ0
Shit, man. If only Venice Rooftops was possible..

my.mixtape.moe/ewaptk.mp3
youtu.be/PH-fHEZWxWc

my.mixtape.moe/ndcgrm.mp3
youtu.be/fvyXOXbi8kE

my.mixtape.moe/dqftct.mp3
youtu.be/ghPbv7HiNzY

my.mixtape.moe/yvepts.webm

(higher quality)

Look at this absolutely amazing synergy between Mallet and Resonance

whew, that is some grade-A DPS

protip: resonator sucks ass for DPS, use Mallet alone. Even then it's not amazing. Octaviafags can fuck off

>inb4 simulacrum warriors try to defend how good she is in optimal testing conditions

WhY DOES THE TENORA HAVE NO POLARITIES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty good webm of showing how good mallet and resonate are at ccing.

Did you know you dont even need to be invisible? they will straight up ignore you.

Wonder if it's possible to do the Morrowind theme..might make me farm for Octavia, but unfortunately I'm retarded with music.

God that looks fucking obnoxious
Don't think I'll even bother with building this frame

my.mixtape.moe/fnyswm.mp3
youtu.be/EPFDD2mqCwY

Pretty handy, after a few forma + a decent Riven, the charged shot will comfortably one shot Lvl100 Corpus Techs and heavy Infested. Haven't taken it to a Grineer 3 yet because they've all be the wrong sort of mission since I finished my build. It's fairly easy to break 40k raw damage total on regular shots (and I think charged is like 2.6x), but by default the flak is pretty scattered, so point blank only for high level single targets (unless charged) or use it for room clearing with punch through + Fomorian for rehitting. It's a weird weapon, but immensely entertaining.

>mallet + reso do good damage
>no it deals shit damage, here's a webm
>mallet + reso do good CC

THOSE MOVING GOALPOSTS HOLY SHIT

Metronome's visuals need to be toned the fuck down, it's blinding.

The teabagging is also annoying as shit. I feel fucking stupid spamming teabags every 30s. What was DE thinking when they designed this

Use Mallet by itself with a good duration build to get some damage going on it. Then throw out a Resonator to carry that damage around and attract enemies.

OR use Resonator alone for some good CC, OR use Mallet alone to keep the damage AoE from moving around.

Don't just throw out all your abilities at once like an idiot and complain they don't work optimally.

She kinda is obnoxious honestly. Theres a reason why people say to make her energy color black.

I'd honestly rather have a Hunhow sequencer so I can pretend to sound like Autechre instead of this Kidz Bop shit.

I'm going to build her cause that's the only way I can get to use the memechord.

What are you talking about, I complemented you.

Also it looked like mallet didn't take any damage, so of course it wont kill things.

Can you scan the rollerball?

Mallet does insane damage tho
try using it without reso its even better

>Morrowind theme

its in 3/3. its possible but for the 4 measure limit it will sound like shit plus the 5 locked tones
my.mixtape.moe/pfcpcr.mp3

>Use Mallet by itself with a good duration build to get some damage going on it.
this is literally what I said to do. The webm was just to shut up the retards claiming mallet had good synergy with resonance.

>Then throw out a Resonator to carry that damage around and attract enemies.
According to some anons here resonator resets mallet DPS on pickup.

>Resonator is good CC
stop. It's not good CC. If you have no other CC frames, then Resonator is passable. But compared to actual CC abilities it's a complete joke.

1. 15m range is shit. Stomp has 25m range. RD has 20m. MP has 100m+.

2. Only 1 up at a time.

3. Completely uncontrollable

RESONATOR IS NOT GOOD CC

fuck off already i understand your goal is to shit up this general for a entire week straight but no one fucking cares. this show show much they don't fucking care. calling you a faggot every other post gets old. people just want you to fuck off or calm the fuck down.

it deals good damage in a fixed AOE after buildup when its aggro mechanics actually work

Mallet is decent damage, but compared to PM/Equinox/Limbo it just doesn't compare

That's my entire point about Octavia. She's okay at several things. Mallet is decent DPS. Resonator is passable CC. Her invis is alright. But it all adds up to a very mediocre frame with very buggy mechanics.

Color correction

damn, I haven't seen someone BTFO so hard in years

Resonator doesn't reset, you are not using your 4 which increases mallets damage, and you are not letting mallet soak some fire at first to get some damage going.

Also how is that not good cc. It straight up controls crowds. What is good to you?

DE could have handled her Metronome much better. Her other abilities aren't that visually intrusive, since things like Nidus exist, but Metronome being a massive fucking wall of light is terrible design.

If I were to change it, I'd make it center on each affected player's HUD reticle instead, at least that way you can time the beats without having to look at Octavia's feet. Could also be visually less massive because you're always looking at your reticle anyway, like Navigator's indicator.

>According to some anons here resonator resets mallet DPS on pickup.
Didn't know about that, but given how it's obviously supposed to be used that way, it's got to be a bug.

>stop. It's not good CC
It's a different type of CC. The CC you mentioned is all single cast stuff that doesn't work on new enemies that show up. Resonator can be thrown down and forgotten about for its entire duration, and unlike some CC like MP, completely stops enemies from being a threat. You can't just 1:1 compare numbers. Yes it's range is slightly on the low side, but it also actively seeks out enemies that aren't affected by it, and the enemies it's already affected will keep following it.

Oh well, still, thanks for taking the time to figure it out user. Guess I should boot up Morrowind while waiting for my forma to cook

My legs are OK

I was using Amp. Are you blind? Do you not see the little bars on the ground? Or the fact that 4 is activated?

Good CC is Stomp. RD. MP. Bastille. Massive AOE lockdown that disables multiple rooms in a single cast. Resonator is subpar.

Dubstep and hardstyle music pack for Octavia when.

Post captura.

>The CC you mentioned is all single cast stuff that doesn't work on new enemies that show up
you just cast it again, which is something you can't do with Resonator.

Relying on a little retard ball randomly rolling around is as reliable as relying on Trump to come up with a new healthcare plan.

im trying to give it some transparency as a ghost clan logo since i think the solid version wont be good but im struggling

i had fun reinstalling and trawling through the game files with a VTF viewer tho

>That one kid who tries to tell the general Octavia is mediocre

itd also be kind of cool if metronome actually sounded like a metronome instead of being a poof of light.

Course that would need to be handled carefully with its own volume slider, so you could disable it if you wished.

I like color correction

Octavia should really get her own volume slider in the settings. I want to keep regular music disabled but be able to faintly hear Octavia so I can get buffs, and I'm sure there are people who want the opposite too.

color correction can be nice when it doesn't mean instagram filters and jj flares

otherwise i could just upload this...

Did you not read the part where you don't need to recast resonator again, and that it will constantly pick up new targets for as long as the duration lasts?

I'm starting to think you have a reading disability.

>Valk will never be good
Kill me pete.

I dunno man, looks really cool

I'll try playing with it off for a while.

It's cool if he wants to sit around as Rhino spamming 4, but some of us have bangers to play.

You know why that user is trying to proof so hard octavia is mediocre, because hes scared that they are going to nerf her so he wants to tell everyone she is bad... but little did the user know that he should be posting these things on the real forums because that's were they cry for nerfs

it does ur right but do solid images like that make good clan logos? if ur wearing it on ur frame i mean

then again i guess a solid image like that looks better on dojo flags and shit

i think ur right.......

Valk is good. Absurd damage output, being invincible, and granting one of the best buffs in the game. Sure her 1 is a crutch for people who can't press buttons and her 3 is sub-par, but still. Her weaknesses are just her lack of utility other than damage, and that's not a problem if you have decent team composition.

Valk was good, then they broke her knees, like with a lot of other frames.
I still miss pre-"optimization" Saryn. Holy fuck spores was amazing. Then people complained about how it was causing frame drops late game because enemies would have 40 spore pods on each of them so they made "optimizations" to it which somehow ended up making it garbage because they weren't spreading or popping properly anymore.

I'm starting to think you're right about that. Thing is the forums are too retarded to get her to work right, so its a moot point.

Now that I think about it..I dunno if solid images make clan logos, but damn it looks so cool.

Oh god, I turned it off and now my orbiter, frames, and weapons look like garbage

did you miss the part where it has shitty range and rolls around uncontrollably? I specifically outlined the reasons why other CC abilities are superior and you ignored them in favor of "Resonator does this one thing so it's better"

I feel like I'm arguing with a brick wall with tunnel vision

3 opens things up for finishers. Is one shotting things subpar?

2 late imma do it ill post screens when its sorted

>Resonator does this one thing so it's better
Resonator does this one thing so it's different and you can't compare things directly with only numbers.

?????

They are going to find out soon i've seen a few warframe youtuber mention to not use 2 with your 1 if you want to do damage so i don't know how long till we see few threads with ''pls nerf''

How many frames have gotten hit due to "performance issues"?
Saryn, Mirage, Nekros, anyone else?

It's different, but saying "it's different" and then using that as an excuse to not compare things is lazy. Subjective criteria simply makes comparing things more difficult, not to be avoided entirely.

Haven't been to WF for a while. How's the update?

Is Bardframe any good? I'm thinking of getting it, and Nidus didn't disappoint

There are a couple things to do instead of just one, but they weren't very substantial
The end of the quest is pretty neat

She can do that easily without her 3, and without having to do the lengthy finisher animations to kill just one target in a game about killing hordes of enemies. It's the reason sniper rifles and bows are rarely good choices.

I really can't think of a time when you'd need her 3 for the damage. Even at super high levels, her ult's damage output (particularly with slide attacks) is crazy. You can throw out a 3 once in a while for some CC for your non-invincible allies, and it's nice for that, but like I said her weakness is utility and that weakness is usually not a problem with actual team comps with actual CC frames.

set's not as tight as nidus, but she does work.

Even post-nerf Nidus?

You pretty much only need it for super high leveled stuff, but its nice to know you can run up to a level 9001 and slap its shit.

Its also what you do while in hysteria to get all of your health back, instead of the 6+ hits you'd usually need.

>dev stream isn't until two weeks from now
forums.warframe.com/topic/780108-devstream-90-thursday-special-on-april-13/
J U S T
U
S
T

all of the original frames at one point or another. Frosts skills used to look absolutely amazing, but got dumpstered because performance problems. Same with ember, Trinity, Rhino, excalibur and tons more.

Warframe used to be a gorgeous looking game weapon/skill wise before they nuked everything to nothing then reworked it to make it look half-decent in order to make it more "performance friendly"

bard really broke TQ, didn't she

RIP god nekros never forget

Don't know, but it's upsetting how DE lazily nerfs frames for performance boosts rather than doing minor reworks instead.

Like, they could easily have a single variable per enemy counting how many spores are on it and doing damage based on that, and just limit the number of spores that show up visually to, say, 3. Saryn's my favorite frame so it's sad that she's mediocre.

Also I think AoEs shouldn't affect spores. It's really dumb that a huge portion of the viable weapon pool wrecks spores in an AoE so Saryn's damage is heavily nerfed. Sure, Saryn players can avoid it by bringing hitscan, but allies can pop spores too. Precision aiming at spores is fun and she has her 3 specifically for popping with melee, so it'd be much better if she had to use those options instead of spamming slam attack.

youtube.com/watch?v=AMT698ArSfQ

Does anyone know how strict DE's hiring policy is? I've never seen a game with so much unrealized potential with so many easy fixes. I thought the main devs were just overly protective of their game and didn't want to make changes, but Pablo has proven that wrong and it seems more like they want to add new content rather than fix old stuff.

I haven't played in 4 months, is there anything to do now or is there still nothing.

if u think theres nothing to do now u should have played a few years ago i came back recently-ish and i honestly still feel a little overwhelmed

they're just waiting for people to stop complaining about the update before doing another, what a bunch of faggots

nidus still has a lot of synnergy with himself, and even post nerf his four is good, it hust doesn't run the mission for you. octavia's 1 and 2 want to have synnergy but don't, her 3 can be finnicky and what song she plays has a mechanical impact on it. overall she's good but suffers from "DE had a good idea but didn't consider how it would work in practice"

Oh god please never

change the name to Snilah and ill give u a blowie

hotfix when DE i want my clan emblem to be added please PLEASE break something

>it seems more like they want to add new content rather than fix old stuff
this has been true since forever. their business model and meta-design is flawed in such a way that they have to do that to expect income.

there isn't and never has been a proper endgame, something rewarding to do in perpetuity, so the only goal for their players is exploring and acquiring new content. if they spend too many resources fixing or improving existing content they risk players not caring or being jaded to it, or just digesting the new content too quickly (they already have the thing, they either use the new function, or spend a fraction of time reoptimizing it) and losing interest. because it's a f2p game they need a way for paying players to feel it's worth giving up real money to participate. they apparently can't come up with a real endgame so they're stuck on this content treadmill as much as the players are

Eh. Build for mastery fodder. Playing around with the music maker is fun, but on her own she leaves a lot to be desired. She does have a package that includes invis and a 2x max damage buff, which feel like her only two good skills, as CC and damage even with 2x is poorer than just shooting the shit out of everything. The invis is something Nova doesn't have though.

Limbo after rework is a much more powerful frame both utility-wise and nuking-wise with Cataclysm, now that he does health-scaling damage and time stop CC

Delta Instruments is literally wubstep

The thing is though, I feel like there's a lot of relatively easy to change stuff in the game that'd add a lot more replayability and generally just more stuff to do.

Not only that, but 2 of the main things that make them money, Plat sales and Prime Access, are so inaccessible or unnecessary for most players that I think they should really rethink their strategy. I've read that all the investors they approached with the game said it would be a failure, and I think this is why. Obviously it's great that DE want all the gameplay content to be accessible without having to pay, but the tradeoff is that since they get less money, they have less money to spend on making the gameplay worth playing.

So what you're saying is Buy Plat?

>tfw /wfg/ finally seeing the light

and my day was going so good too.

You do know that they were just taking a piss at you right ?
Everyone agrees on the fact that bardframe isn't the best at CC, but it's your retarded theories that made everyone laugh at your expense

oh man, it's time for "I agreed with you originally let's forget the last several hundred posts arguing the opposite"

backtracking harder than Trump's promise to arrest Hillary

I just need one detonite injector. Where can I farm just one?

also the fact that he acts like "good" is an absolute, quantifiable measure rather than an inherently subjective term.

where do you think Octavia belongs on this list?

oh boy let's play "everyone in /wfg/ is the same person" this'll be more fun than some unnecessary Trump reference.

If "good" is quantafiable does that mean that we use the "quanta" as the baseline for weapon performance?

wherever you want bro, I don't care how people choose to arrange their garbage

5 names this leprosy dog