/brit/ - Brit/o/ General

DRAG MEET III NEXT WEEKEND EDITION

A thread for the British denizens of Veeky Forums.

Brit/o/ Garage: brit-o.co.uk/

----

Upcoming Brit/o/ Events:

Shakespeare Drag Meet III
What: Mostly sitting in a field and getting pissed/faded and/or taking a run at the Brit/o/ Drag Leaderboard times. Bring bread to burn on the BBQ. Ask Julian about king prawns. Watch the moon drive his PT Cruiser in the sky.
Where: Shakespeare County Raceway, Long Marston Airfield, Campden Rd, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 8LL
When: 27th - 29th May

Welsh Togue Run
What: Driving around in Wales I guess. Glancing fearfully over our shoulders in case Devil Will shows up.
Where: To be decided
When: June/July

Ultimate Street Car (USC)
What: A car show where loads of chavs show up and show off their Limited Edition Corsas and financed Golfs on airbags. Also drag-racing, live music, and poledancing.
Where: Santa Pod Raceway (Northamptonshire)
When: 4th-6th August 2017

----

Recent Happenings:

Nothing of note.

----

Threads are a rarity as we mostly hang out in our own dedicated Slack chat. If you want in, just post up your email (it can be a throwaway), and you'll be invited in. We do actually discuss things of an automotive nature, don't fear. It's not all degeneracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6gLOmjP5GY
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RG9bNQlQSh1MLPwndoaq6JADsuXTxRpx0j9zSYN1CZE/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off Julian

First for Fish and Chips.

First for reversing sensors

How is everyone getting here lads?

DRIVING FAST AND ANGRY
Then getting stuck in traffic

Even seeing this pic gives me feels.

Man I wanna go again.

not getting there :((((((((((((((((((((((

Nick I thought you were coming? Are you working?

first for welsh touge

So many rusty cars

Rust be gone

"""working"""

Sadly no. Still looking for a job.

Head up son, good times are on the horizon

>tfw no car buddies to go drag racing with

>bus in scrapheap
>Hardwick and Stockton

Grim

>205
arguably best car there

>arguably
More like definitely.

id be up for a wales meet

is there a discord or something for organisation?

Alright lads tempted to come one day.
Which car would help me fit in? The 1.9d volvo or 2.8 z3.

We're on the slack chat, feel free to join. Post and email and someone will send an invite.

[email protected]

thanks

Hello fellow MY03 V40 diesel owner

I only have one car, and that's why I'm not coming to any meets
But it's still quite a nice shitbox

Neither car fits, but you're still welcome son

Great cruiser isn't it?
I had it remapped and it's made a nice difference.

Too girly?

2fast ;^)

Looks nice. Bet it's lovely in the summers and warm weather

It's comfy as hell on long drives, and has enough torque to have fun on Yorkshire back roads
Bit floaty at anything over 90 but that's edge of envelope work

>remap
My young male insuance says that's not on the cards just yet. Touch jealous mind.

do most people even declare a remap on their insurance?

I mean
At what point do you start declaring things
Are high spec pads and rotors a required item? Seems like consumables to me

Its not as if people come around at night and search your car for mods

Only problem would be if you need to make a claim or something

if you wanted to be really anal about it you would say anything that wasn't an OEM spec part but in reality most people probably don't even declare an aftermarket stereo which really you should declare because if it's stolen may not be covered

This
Got a parts list of stuff I'm picking up once I'm back to work which I am going to declare, because if it gets nicked I want it covered

Buy a Volvo 850 and you'll turn the most heads

Did volvo ever make a proper-way-round fast estate?

850 T5 was FWD
And the V70R P2 was Haldex so that doesn't exactly count

I want to be a welsh toogay kid as well but heavy fronts and understeer crush my dreams

850 AWD? FWD based but idk if its any good. could always get a rwd estate and put a turbo on it

But i don't want to turn heads. I got it as a shitbox for my 130mile/day commute. Expected nothing but its actually ok as says.

I like the volvo because it knows what it is. Not pretending to be anything.
i err....haven't. 115bph -> 165 which isn't bad for the old girl.

I went to Stratford over the weekend. Where were all of you? I couldn't even see a thread here.

The meet that brit/o/ as a whole will be attending is this weekend. 26/27/28/29 bank holiday weekend.

Its going to be lit senpai

F

What day is the Welsh togue since I need to book holiday well in advance

No date organised, it's just whenever someone fancies one. Feel free to plan one

where abouts do they hold welsh togue?

So far we've had two in south Wales, there's a few boys up north in Manchester and higher so North Wales wouldn't be off the table

I'd be down for coming to one, what do you fucks get up to?

meet fight fuck

sounds great sign me up

We set off at about midnight, drive over mountains and nice roads. Not gunning it but spirited as there's barely any barriers and if you come off you're a dead man. Normally get home for about 7am.
We do not travel quietly through a town until one of us drops a gear and floors it to wake everyone up at 4am, that's just rude.

Pretty much

Post a burner email to join discord, we do a lot of planning through that. Or keep an eye out for the threads

>discord

SLACK
FUCK

>spirited driving
lmao I do fuck all spirited driving

you mean for not even one fleeting moment you decide to rev above 3k when pulling away from a traffic light? you buring cunt

We'll wait for ya, the last thing we want is to be informing someone has gone off a cliff

well yeah I've done that but only to actually get moving with my shitboxes. I'm just not a speed demon I guess, I've never wanted to throw my cars around and prefer trying to be smooth

Post a burner email cunt, come join the lads

I need to make a burner so I'll do it tomorrow

it takes literally 5 seconds to create a burner email

Come camping with us at a drag strip user

[email protected]

Sent ;)

Any taxi poms in here? Got any stories?

T. Austaxi

nobody in /brito/ is interesting. sorry, cunt.

Also all taxi drivers in england are angry pakistanis
All of them
So they don't count as british

How dare you suggest they drive you places
Filthy kuffar

First attempt at my driving test tomorrow lads wish me luck

gl+hf user

My examiner failed me in three minors in the same category (which counts as a major and thus a fail) because when turning mini roundabouts I used lane-change indicators (where the light blinks three times if you lightly tap the stalk) instead of using it "properly"

Stay calm! Good luck!

They can't give a minor for that surely?

That's just silly

Tester clearly a fag. Grounds for a do over.
>that filler cap

They really can. Repeated misuse of indicators is a guaranteed fail.

Should I get a reliant rialto brit/o?

My neighbours Integra Type R is on the back of a trailer being delivered to his house after being fixed and it won't start even with a brand new battery kek

What wrong with kar

No idea. They managed to bump start it but only after it made a nasty scrape as it came off the trailer. Fucker shouldn't lower it so much.

What did they need to fix?

I don't know. I remember seeing it carted off a week ago on the back of a truck and it came back today.

VTEC kicked in yo

>tfw too poor to own a Golf R

Brit thread needs more Soph

youtube.com/watch?v=H6gLOmjP5GY

>un-ironically wanting to own a VW
JAAAYYY DEEEHHH EEHMMMM BRO

It's pretty boring once you get over how fast it is. It doesn't even feel fast - the chassis cancels out most of the feedback. You get an initial shunt of speed when the turbo spoils up but that's it. Suddenly you're doing 80 and it's like "Oh ok better lift off the throttle now"

Bumping with the VIP guest list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RG9bNQlQSh1MLPwndoaq6JADsuXTxRpx0j9zSYN1CZE/edit#gid=0

If you are able to insure it ect, I could get you red manual 2 y/o w/18500m for the cost of fifty quid for every weekend day in a month. Week days its free.

I've driven it. It's a 2.0 petrol in the streets. Turbo bigger than yours in the sheets.

Damn. Only feels like it was last week when we went to Shakespeare last year

We've already been once this year too

Why no Midlands touge meet

Shut up muhammad

We did the Midlands tick last year m8.

Mine doesn't need to compensate with a massive turbo because it's a much bigger engine :^)

That K11 4 from the left is the kawaii-est

AW11 a cute

In'shallah

I wonder what the general public thought when all you homos lined up your shitboxes in Aldi car park.

We had a couple of looks but it was late afternoon Sunday so pretty quiet about

Aldi's shut on a Sunday afternoon senpai

In b4 someone brings Shaun a royal pardon

Did you pass yo?

Have you ever left your house to meet other humans intentionally and of your own free will

>As he posts this on a Veeky Forums board

think about it