Slowfags, get in here

Slowfags, get in here.

>tfw follow the speed limit while everyone else is going at least 30 km/h over
>tfw slow down to a cool 20 km/h for every turn
>retards high on testosterone fly by me screaming curses at me out the window as their vein is about to pop
>give no fucks

Who else /comfy/ af here?

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcwashington.com/news/local/Laurel-Maryland-Ticket-Driving-Too-Slow-197285901.html
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-motor-vehicle-safety-compliance-act-aka-25-year-import-vehicle-ban
metrocount.com/downloads/flyers/Speed_analysis_1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is bait

and I don't live in Europe, or anywhere that uses km/h

But please go fucking die.

You are impeding the flow of traffic and potentially causing accidents.

If you crash because you're going too fast, it's your own fault. I'm not going to break the law and risk getting a ticket to save some shithead a fraction of a minute to get to Costco.

triggered fastfags incoming

>tfw Veeky Forums convinced me to get a Corolla SR5 (equivalent to the AE85) instead of a GT-S to "pretend I'm Itsuki"
>tfw I can't even accelerate going downhill

>Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane

nbcwashington.com/news/local/Laurel-Maryland-Ticket-Driving-Too-Slow-197285901.html

Driving too slow is retarded and dangerous.

So...can I enter if I generally follow speed limits and am a good goy whenever driving anywhere that is likely to have someone nearby, but when driving on deserted routes I do routinely do between 90-110 MPH (130 if I'm not driving the Honduh CR-V or the Hilux)?

Do I belong to the club if I dorifto at like, 15 MPH in muh Chebby single cab trucklet (usually when it's raining)?

Do I get a special badge if I mention that I do rolling roadblocks to fuckers that are WAY too aggressive and reckless? And what about brake checking assholes in taxis and/or taking my sweet ass time for everything when they're right up my butt? It's always so fun to have conversations by signs through the mirrors with them :3

>tfw always leave on time + compensate for traffic
>never in a hurry
>always just cruising, paying extra attention to everything that's going on around me
>impatienttards tailgating and honking and passing dangerously close

don't understand why people are in such a hurry all the time, why don't they just leave 5 minutes earlier?

I'm usually a fastfag but I really do enjoy the slow pace of my cargo van. It's slow, takes up a lot of space, and comfy. It's so wide that I literally do not even see most people behind me since they aren't visible in my side mirrors , so I can't even see their frustration.

my sides

>Stuck in traffic
>Drive a manuel so leave a nice gap infront so I can just coast in 2nd
>Fucking retard hops lanes in front of me, making me stop and slowing his lane down

What the fuck is wrong with people?

>why don't they just leave 5 minutes earlier?
Because people can't smart

>tfw go 45mph in a 55 because muh mpgs
>tfw go 55mph (legal minimum) on the 70mph expressway because muh mpgs

>mfw triggered fastfags follow so close that I can't see their headlights just because they're pissed and can't rub two brain cells together long enough to think about passing me in the WIDE OPEN LEFT LANE
Seriously tempted to just jump on my brakes one of these days. "I thought I saw a deer" and "I checked my mirrors and there was nobody behind me because he was ENTIRELY INSIDE MY BLINDSPOT" hold up in court, right?

I used to be going 75-80+ on a 65mph hwy for my daily commute all the time. One night I got my first ticket after 8 years of driving like an asshat.
>mfw had to pay $421 dollars and had to attend traffic school as well (IIRC about $60 dollars) to keep it off my insurance records.
Two years passed since then and I still rarely ever exceed 70mph (usually hover 60-65), and I usually keep to the right two lanes.
Always have at minimum 2 seconds distance or 3 car lengths.
Stay in the same lane when traffic slows up to a stop.
I feel healthier desu, I rarely ever end up feeling pissed behind the wheel, unlike the fastfags about to have a conniption when they pass me while I'm in the fucking slow lane.
I still get pretty fucking h3kt1k in the touge though.

And you're getting better gas mileage doing it.

>400 hp motor vehicle at my disposal
>Always drive 5 under
A B S O L U T E L Y D E V I L I S H

Same. Got a 94 in a 55, ended up costing nearly $800 after everything said and done. Never again. I am reformed.

Honestly it's your fault for not knowing the hotspots.

Know the hotspots, overtake the slowfags. It is that simple.

I am not an advocate of going to dangerous speeds, driving really slow really does have its impacts on the flow of a freeway/road. There are literally mile gaps between flocks of cars because of people like you blocking every lane.

>going slow on a wide open road
>"impacts on the flow"
Nigger it doesn't impact flow if there's nobody else on the road. In any serious traffic I speed up (to 55mph on normal roads or 60mph on the expressway, usually if I have to go 60mph I'll try drafting a semi at 2 carlengths)

The freeways and local roads by me are quite old so they never were meant to be 18 hours a day bumper to bumper. So, when there is a constant rush hour, you can cause intersections of multiple scenarios to be utter chaos. Mind you, this mainly pertains to the i10 and 60 N/W
Idk where you live but I live in California, Los Angeles. Also, excuse my grammar in the prior post because I wasn't paying attention.

Cali traffic is fucking insane. I'm in rural Michigan, and do a lot of night driving. It's not uncommon for me to only see a handful of cars on my entire ~45min drive home, most of those heading the other way. Even on my way in to work we're talking almost a mile between cars. Going slow, for me, is completely harmless and helps my truck to get 20mpg instead of the 16 I get when I do the same drive at 70mph.

Although I am no car expert at all, I have found my way to Veeky Forums after truly appreciating the engineering of a car. My dad does a lot of work on the cars in my driveway.

Something about feeling the pistons move is invigorating.

Similar story here. We've got 4 daily drivers, two of which are over 10 years old, and put 50+ miles/day on each of them, so there's always a vehicle in need of work, and I do the lion's share of it. Add my entire extended family being involved in the auto industry in some way, and an appreciation and respect for cars comes as second nature.

For me, it's the feeling of slapping it all back together and having it work beautifully that's the thrill.

I've always wanted to help my dad but since I do not understand much of the engine block and its parts, I would just be in his way. It's hard to bond with him because of that. He always invited me to go to races but I never got interested until I got my hand on a car for long drives. I am excited for the next time he goes.

Idk if I am weird but sometimes I just stare at my hood while I drive. Probably just has to do with how well my car handles in suspension and such.

The best way to learn is to be the tool bitch. Let him do the work, all you need to do is fetch tools and watch. Don't be afraid to ask questions, knowing how to do the work is good, but knowing when it needs work is essential.

>follow speed limit
>impede the flow of traffic.

My dude.

>drive speed limit
>angry tards high on stress hormones rage and weave through traffic
>later on
>be like 2 cars behind them at a stoplight

Why are speed tards so tarded?

>follow speed limit
>crash and die

I only drive slower than speed limit at night. This is because I'm too busy looking around so I can avoid hitting an animal and fucking up my ride

Been there, done that. Doing 40mph in a 55 is what kept me from totaling my truck.

>identifies the bait
>takes it anyway

>tfw slow down to a cool 20 km/h for every turn
Pretty sure you're supposed to do this anyway. You don't want to turn a corner any faster because you'll cut into the other lane

Ive told this story many a time....

>communing home in my dc5
>pass 6 cunts in a row at 160
>pull into fuel station 5mins from home
>one of the guys I passed pulls in too
>calls out to me "lol y u pass me you didn't even save any time"
>"yeah, but I had fun on my drive home today. Did you?"

I do 80 in a 100 zone in my ttz because that's the only way to get good economy in it lol, but I only drive it when the motorways are pretty much empty anyway.

Driving too slow is dangerous tho, I do 100 in my daily (most people do 90 because of speedo error) and quite often I will get to a hill and there will be a truck doing 40 going up it to save fuel. It's dangerous as fuck because you fly up on them like they are stationary and have to rapidly chop the outside lane to pass them or brake violently. Sometimes if they catch me by surprise I will toot them out of frustration

Anyone else drive really slow in their high hp weekend car but drive fast in their daily? It makes no sense but I remember reading that when men drive a powerful car they produce more test so maybe we don't feel the need to be speedy because just driving the car is stimulating enough?

>tfw slow car with top tier handling
>tfw go the speed limit
>tfw never slow down for turns
>tfw turning into small streets at 30mph

This is what I want. What do you drive user?

Kek I do this
>driving touge weapon z
>doing 80 for muh lituhs puh hundred kuhs
>fag in Audi wants to do 120
>tailgates me on the straightaway because too bitch to pass
>get to 35 corner
>keep doing 80 around it
>proceed to do exactly 80 around every corner and every straight whether I'm pulling max gs or just gently turning
>hfw he brakes hard for the corners then acellerates hard asf back to 120 only to have to slow down because he caught up to me again on a straight

If your not doing double the speed limit your fucking up.

>people wanna go slow

Nothing wrong with that I gue-

>people wanna go slow in the left lane or one lane roads.

Fuck you and your ilk, I'm going to get exhaust cut outs just so I can blow our your ear drums when have to overtake your slow asses.

You become unstoppable, just like me.

Deafening blow of valves do this pretty well and are cheaper

MRS.
>tfw poorfag chav in shitty debadged audi gets behind me
>tries to pass at the start of forest tight af twisties
>denied by oncoming truck
>can see him sperging out cause the last place where you can overtake just ended
>casually cruise through the twisties in 6th doing the speed limit
>get through the blind-corner infested twisties onto the straight
>some time later finally see the audi emerge from the twisties, a mere spec in rear view window
power is for benchracers, handling is for the true memesters.

>car in front going too slow
go around
>no room to go around
wait for next set of lights and merge through traffic
>lanes too narrow or drivers too retarded
use bicycle lanes, footpaths or median strips

seriously OP, you're not inconveniencing anyone of worth.

>drink lots of water to make my pee almost translucent
>empty piss bottles in windshield wiper fluid tank
>drive around at exactly the speed limit
>dudebro Normie tailgates, flashes headlights
>activate windshield spray
>shower his car with my precious bodily fluids
I could do this all day :^)

Yeah bullshit your car does not handle better than an Audi lmao fag

>89hp at the crank

>power is for benchracers, handling is for the true memesters.

Couldn't agree more. Especially as a poorfag

devilish

>Drive speed limit because I'm somewhere far from home and I'm not familiar with the location
>people overtake on unsafe parts of the road just to get by me
>catch up to them on the nearest intersection
You really saved some time there buddy
I usually just turn on the rear foglights

Maybe he stopped and just waited for your slow ass to be out of sight so he could really open up through the twisties without rear-ending you on a blind corner

I want to believe this is true. Is there a citation or source for this?

FWD defence force at full swing

Wow, there is no way that is selection bias favoring younger healthier people who speed over old or drunk or high people who go the speed limit. There is absolutely no way because they did this study in a controlled environment with perfect data samples, control groups, double blinds, etc.

>rear foglights
you okay there, user? Rear-facing white lights are illegal for use on public roads.

Fastfags cannot into comfy

yfw italy or germoney
you can get an hefty fine and 5 points for obstruction

>driving shitbox Celica for 4 years now
>was unemployed, so i was constantly thinking about muh mpg
>get a job "man finally I can relax and hoon a bit more without saving each fuel drop"
>still think about getting gut mpg

I'm not driving too slow, just at the limit, possibly 5 over. But I rarely beat the shit out of the engine.
86hp with the loudest exhaust on earth doesn't help (I regret making this poor decision of a mod)

FUCK YOU NIGGER KILL YOURSELF

>dense traffic in highway
>everyone goes at max speed, not much room between cars
>going in the left lane, one car of distance from the one ahead
>wow golf ass hole has been tailgating me the entire ride
>Fuck you, I won't give you the lane, there is no space ahead for Fuck sake
>starts snaking between lanes, lots of braking from people who almost crash him
>suddenly see a pillar of smoke
>fucker went under an 18wheel
>still alive, airbag not deployed (German quality)
>smile and pass slowly while he dies with each second passing.
>heard later the car was stolen and the fucker was a wanted felon

Sometimes being an slow fag has its perks

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-motor-vehicle-safety-compliance-act-aka-25-year-import-vehicle-ban

>being old, high or drunk while driving
kys

For driving inside the legal range of speeds? That sucks.
Still a good idea bcuz shitbox

>can't reverse on a public road

Technically illegal to reverse on a public road, but cops let it slide because they're not THAT pedantic.

As long as you keep right and maintain a constant speed, I don't care how fast you drive.

>not leaving late and setting a time attack to get to wherever the fuck you needed to go

Fucking casual

>Not using torque steer to maximize your cornering

>km/h

Did you read the article?

Never go over speed limit because shitbox.

I hate when impatientfags get on my bumper when I'm stopped on a hill because manual. I rolled back into some bitch's bumper last week because she literally stopped 6 inches from my bumper. She came up to my car and screamed at me at the next light, I just asked 'have you driven stick before? If you have, you'd know that you have to roll backwards at an uphill start. Leave the car in front of you some space next time.

I can't handbrake start because my car pops out of first gear if I don't hold it in.

pussy

ive bottomed the speedo on this bucket

It needs new front end bushings and an alignment. Above 65mph it's hard to keep straight.

I've had a dude demolish my bumper trying to squeeze through when I was in the middle of changing lanes. He came out of his car, which barely had a scratch on it, and started yelling at me about being too slow.

Ausfag here who mainly drives on b roads I enjoy running you faggots off the road overtaking you

dude are you retarded? just hold the brake in while you're letting out the clutch until it has enough bite to hold the car in place, then let off the clutch and give it some fuel

not rocket science

Not him, but there are some hills where even having the clutch almost all the way up doesn't stop you from slipping down until you hit the gas.

You fail your driving test if you roll back on a hill start here, because it's entirely avoidable.

I've been into some pretty mountainous areas and have never had a problem, car, truck, or semi-truck

And even then, fine, use your right foot to operate the brake and fuel. It really isn't that hard to prevent a roll back

Hello taxi driver! ^_^

>Be bad at driving
>Yell at the other person who YOU hit
Gas yourself retard, or at the very least hand over your license.

>"yeah, but I had fun on my drive home today. Did you?"
Well yeah, I wasn't wasting my time getting butthurt about people being drivers in front of me.

metrocount.com/downloads/flyers/Speed_analysis_1.pdf

I did this but in a car without top tier handling. On my way to check out an e30, and my ABS locks up going around a corner and I flew off the road. Drivers door is banged up but it was slow enough that I wasn't hurt. Car's fine though. Moral of the story is make sure you actually do use a car with good handling if you do this.

>he doesn't overtake people at WOT for no reason other than to chop some gears and feel some speed for the pure thrill
You may as well install a 3k limiter senpai

>driving down 45 mph road
>van in left lane is doing 40 with no one in front of them or to the side
>give a brief honk, they continue going 40
>go in right lane and fly by them at WOT

Man I really need long tubes and duals to be extra obnoxious

I only speed in short bursts on onramps or tight corners. Speeding down boring straight roads isn't fun

I hope you're joking because that's actually where it's dangerous to speed. You're more likely to lose control on a twisty road if you're going too fast. Going fast in a straight line is fine is everyone does it.

Not him but I like to live on the edge. Speeding on the freeway is for normalfags. towgay speeding is where it's at.

I like to think I can control my car. Plus I only do it when no one else is around so I can only hurt myself

>trusting your car so little that you think it can't make a turn at speed
Bitch I throw my truck around sweepers at 70+. You're not truly driving unless you can feel the body roll.

I only really properly slow fag when I'm doing rain riding on my motorcycle. I'll generally do 10 km/h under since even with my rain gear it's still shitty and cold. For long car trips i tend to set my cruise at 2 under so I don't have to worry about passing people. Also just rolling around my neighborhood at night if I'm coming back from a movie or something I'll go like 20 just because it's quiet and supremely comfy, it's nice to wind down the drive/ride home before crawling into bed.

Over the weekend I did do some 140km/h stretches on the bike since I wanted to get back to my campsite before the critters came out at night.

40mph at 2am on an empty road with the windows open in heavy fog. The definition of comfy.