/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(Read the FAQ right below this, under the "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEVZ8fql5do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Cash money bandit

second for doc

>constantly put on teams with low levels
>against high level players and/or smurfs
>have to tryhard / carry team in order to win

Lots of Docs are ex-TF2 and whenever they needed to heal in that game they would just hit 2+M1 in the span of .01 seconds to give them a little bit of HP and go back to minding their business

There's plenty of horror stories of ex-Medics straight up executing their teammates because Doc's healing gadget isn't his secondary

Join the Ts

>on favela
>playing Bandit
>get wall banged because favela is gay
>dbno
>crawling across the map to get revived
>doc sees me
>pulls out syringe and stims himself
>"doc what are you doing"
>"sorry user, I forgot you have to left click"
>tries again but misses
>"sorry user, hold still"
>gets popped from across map
>bleed out

Why? Why are Docs either colossal stim-hoarding cocks or disabled morons?

How do you hit someone's head with a weapon THAT FUCKING JUMPS AROUND LIKE GIANT SIZED VIBRATOR WITH OVERCLOCKED MOTOR

new players/tryhard "ill do it myself" faggotrons. I've seen someone hit mmb to shoot as well.

9th for sakuya

Have you considered burst firing?

Low TTK in this game means Doc attracts shitters who thinks healing would be OP despite the fact headshots exist

youtube.com/watch?v=fEVZ8fql5do

Can we discuss headshots for a while?

I find that almost every death I have in this game is because of a headshot. I'm sure that many of them were well deserved or what-not, but a lot of the time, it seems as if my killer is being rewarded out of shear luck. His spray pattern just happened to hitscan my head at the right time. The kill wasn't a product of his skill or his intuition, but simply because he got lucky.

I have, more than once now, been killed through a wall with a headshot because the enemy team randomly sprayed the room I was in. I'm not really sure if that's fair.

I guess, I'm not really sure if I'm making the case that headshots shouldn't be insta-kills, but I wonder if the game would be better or more tactical if the fear of an insta-death was removed. I think that headshots should probably still be important, maybe putting you in the DBNO state or just doing a ton of damage.

Discuss please.

Of course I did. Doesn't help at all since the very first shot already has atrocious recoil, and it only gets worse.

Are you using the acog? It isn't really a precision weapon because of it's recoil. I would stick with a reflex sight or eotech simply because the gun excels when you use it up close to pie corners.

Doesn't the fact that headshots killing in one hit from anything mean the damage and firerate of a weapon is secondary to it's stability? It makes me think that using shotguns is just a bad idea compared to any automatic weapon

i agree , every hero should have atleast 200 or 300 hp and an escape skill like teleport moves to back out from a dangerous fight.

>lucky

stopped reading

Shotguns can be extremely powerful though. They're the only gun that can compete with SMGs or high ROF weapons in close quarters. If you're using them defensively from an ambush spot, you will win almost every fight as long as you get the first shot off.

Acog is out of question of course, I'm playing with that green tiny triangle which I put on everything that doesnt have an acog. Still cant hit shit. I'll probably give up and return to FN FAL, at least it actually shoots where I point it.

The P9 needs some sort of buff to be considered used at all
>inb4 why use sidearm
Montange exists.

>Discuss please.
stopped reading right there

Stop bullying me!

Yes I usually stop reading at the very last words of a post too user.

If you wanna save even more time then you could consider stoppping at "can we discuss headshots" since from there on out its probably gonna summarize to "I think they're stupid because I can't aim".

They're good if the enemy is moving or you can get em in a spot where the whole body is exposed. They're shit in every other situation though.

I don't know why they are even tracking the accuracy in this kind of game. Or do all the bullets you shoot at walls and drones don't count?

They do, it's a relatively useless stat.

>FPS
>accuracy not counting
is this the shittery of /r6g/ I hear of

>just lost a game because throwing a drone instantly brings up the smartphone and there is nothing you can do about it
do these fuckers even play their own fucking game

???

>drone cam immediately exits out after setup while my drone is being chased
>whip out phone
>static
this happens so often. there should just be an option to disable it.

It's not AS important as in most shooters.
Prefiring, making holes and shooting shrough walls contributes to a good playstyle while that contradicts your accuracy.

>accuracy
>in a game where everyone just sprays hoping to be the first lucky one to hit the head
Really an important stat

>Let's make the attackers even stronger
>Who cares about balance
I'm glad you fuckers aren't in charge of balancing

There's three problems with droning in this game that they better fix with season 2.

1. At the end of prep phase droning, you're automatically booted from your drone, leaving you to the mercy of whoever might be chasing it. They should just replace that automatic boot with a large red text that comes on screen telling you that prep phase is over (if they're really scared of retards not knowing when prep phase is over).

2. If you throw out a drone when your other drone is already out, the other drone gets deleted. Simple fix for this one: quit being retarded and make it to where the other drone doesn't get deleted upon a second drone being thrown out. Make them work like Twitch's drones.

3. That you instantly bring up drone cam when you throw out a drone. 6 should be default release of drone. 5 should be drone cam (which automatically goes to whatever drone you threw out most recently).

>make a beautiful escape with a twitch drone after popping some bandit wires
>round ends, try to pop back in immediately
>static

this is the worst feeling

also a small pet peeve but when your drone is muted, i'd like if you hit 7 to select your spawn you dont have to hear the mute noise, shit triggers me.

just leave the goddamn area a bit sooner than 2 seconds before the prep phase ends, its not that hard

>the other drone gets deleted
This is literally intentional
>Attackers potentially getting a total of 10 drones scattered around the map
>/r6g/ in charge of balancing

Whats the current list of shiny/reflective skins?

t. ubisoft defense force

Absolutely fucking this. I wonder why this obvious shit is not in the game in the first place, how retarded a man must be to make these mechanics, I shall never know.

Not an argument

Please do explain how those would make attackers overpowered.

Pretty much. Ubisoft is just retarded like that. Fix obvious drone issues? Nah. Let's give Glaz a thermal scope.

>attackers can in no way pick up their first drones and still have all ten
>NO WE ARE NOT RETARDED THIS IS TOTALLY INTENTED AND BALANCE

>forcing people to use drones in a systemic manner and encourages the use of drones hidden from the defenders
>instead just have 9 drones laying around the map and constantly skirting through the room, adding upon the mountain of things that defenders have to keep constant supervision on

Also: Attackers throwing a drone then instantly snapping to cams adds to the risk of droning in a hostile environment, which makes the use of a drone near combat or an objective room an actual decision that requires team support for cover or a decent spot away from a potential rush from the defender(s).
Man what a wonderful idea, keep 'em comin.

>Being this fucking retarded
>Picking up your first drone to save it ≠ having your first drone hidden and stationary on a second floor while you drone ahead with your second drone
>Support mode gets even stronger with 10 hidden drones around the map for callouts

Already did on one of your points, kid

What are some good spots to shoot through the floor as a defender? I'm kind of new and never see those holes in the ceiling as an attacker.

You must be a real shit defender if you consider that to be overpowered.

You're a shit attacker if you need even more intel dominance over defenders.

>not always taking the high ground as attacker

>10 simultaneous attacker drones is okay
>Devs had to cut back on 1 of Valkyrie's cameras because they thought 4 cameras were too strong and that she was a must pick for defenders

>Attackers throwing a drone then instantly snapping to cams adds to the risk of droning in a hostile environment
No, it's simply a developer's oversight which would have been fixed back in alpha if we had a decent developer team.

>tfw playing against hackers who don't even try to hide it

Sorry, bud. These ideas have already been suggested to Epi hundreds of times on reddit as well in the past couple of weeks or so, to which he's responded positively. I would bet $100 that they get added in for season 2. ACOG on the SMG-11 was also something that was hugely hated by reddit, which ultimately led to its removal. If something is vastly popular on reddit, the idea gets implemented sooner or later, that's how this game works.

Having ten placeable and adjustable cameras every round when the defenders have 5-8 fixed cams then having to use Valk for more, doesn't seem all that sensible.

t. jaeger main

Then why can't those fuckers whine about actual problems instead of writing fucking 'lord' on tachanka's shield

wow, thank god for reddit for once

>These ideas have already been suggested to Epi hundreds of times on reddit as well in the past couple of weeks or so, to which he's responded positively

You really think I'm going to search through his post history just to prove to some user that it's real? The dude posts at least 15 times every hour. Look through it yourself.

>smg-11 acog
>tachanka lord shield
>rook mine elite meme

holy fuck you're right.

I'm betting Blitz gets buffed in season 2 as well. So at least there's that.

Obviously. Why the fuck would you bother saying something in the first place if you aren't going to post proof?

Because I know it's true. Just because I don't have a fucking snippet of the post in question doesn't mean it isn't true. Like I said, if you really want to find it yourself, look through his post history. I think it was shortly after the release of the mid-season reinforcements. Or maybe search the subreddit for topics concerning drone improvements or buffs (not advisable, though, since there's a lot of useless garbage that gets posted there that'll clutter results if the search even works properly). You'll find out it's true come season 2's release, anyways. Screencap this if you want.

>buy r6 starter edition a few days ago
>find this general
>DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
shit

I'm fairly sure that they're going to implement changes to drones, for sure, but I also guarantee most gameplay changes will be overshadowed by the retarded loot box system they're going to add in season 2.

>loot box system

what

you're fucked big time lad

t. starterfag

WHY ARE PEOPLE WITH A LEVEL LOWER THAN 20 ALLOWED TO JOIN SOMEONE ELSE'S RANKED GAME JESUS CHRISY KEEP THEM OUT

>finds the general
>first thing he posts is mc-jammies
this is either very pleasant bait or good taste.

I'm pretty sure it's the same fag who created the picture who's constantly re-posting it.

>Look through epi's posts
>Find nothing about drones
>Google 'rainbow six siege reddit second drone disappear'
>Get results
>Even redditors are saying having 10 total drones at the same time is retarded and unbalanced

tbqh i don't think the drone changes are really necessary but i would also bet they get added in season 2. reddit's pretty much the main hub for the devs.

>Someone creates good oc
>"Im gonna post it till it's annoying"
ye sounds about reddit.

So you're telling me reddit will be useful for once? Sounds like a nice change of pace.

Rainbow Six: Siege is a shit game.

Just dropped by to say that. Bye.

They really need to add cone fire, make the headshot hitbox only count for 2x or 3x damage or harder recoil to the guns in this shit, the lack of recoil due to the easy cheap attachments make every engagement a spray random fest rather than a player outskilling the other.

It just gets so boring that basically every gun sub 800ROF is pointless to use.

There should be more reliance on accurate bursting and single tapping. Why the hell do the weapons even have burst and single fire options anyway? It seems redundant when you are just as accurate spraying while in ads.

Is there any way to "upgrade" from Starter edition to Complete?

Why aren't we discussing if this is an application instead of a game yet?
A game challenges the user to reach their objective while an application just offers it.

You just have to click on their heads lmao xD

I agree.

>defense is just four 3 speeds + rook

getting real old

>they rq next round

buy base ops for dosh goy

>suddenly start doing well with Blitz
What the fuck happened?

Don't worry, it won't last for long

Enjoy it while you can.

I don't get instakilled through my shield anymore and am actually in the upper half of the scoreboard.
I sure hope it's going to last. I've been at the bottom of the scoreboard for far too long.

I've been doing good with him too, weird huh? You do shit for a few days and then you git gud for awhile.

we're pretty close to being done.

remember images should be sized so that they're around 66 X 149 pixels.

It's magical. I used to get get sniped through my shield facing them at max range, but now I seem to be successfully tanking at close range.

Maybe it's because I play him less like a bitch and more confident now (sometimes overconfident which also get's me killed after a good start in the round).

In all honesty I find it best to just break barriers an attack from them, then make sure it's clear to step in and slowly seek the other defenders out, it usually works for me.

Had a lot of fun bullying Caveira with him tonight.
Man, she tried so hard to surprise me, but it never worked.
I fucking hate that bitch on any other operator.

top tier choice

Bullying cavs with the flash is always fun, desu.