"With Rock and Stone" edition

New World Expansion Soon
comingsoon.totalwar.com/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717185376&searchtext=siscu
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Amazons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rats

First for history is still fun

So why is rome 2 more played than attila
Pls redpill me.
The family system of attila is superb.

Why is chaos so gimped in everyway when you play it vs when the computer attacks with archeon. Everything from getting weird -5% automatic corruption removal to getting your economy totally wrecked if you lose your army since you need to rebuild all the stupid structures.

cause romans and shit are way cooler than fucking gay ass mongol shooty cav spam

Rome just has a better setting and aesthetic than Attila for me.

better setting
more/better mods
optimized

>tfw High Elves will never be released

Because Attila added a lot of unfun things on the map and in battle was strictly worse than R2

Just play as Wood Elves there cooler.

They're coming just in two days m8

Not the best choice of pic for that sentiment though.

your paint skills are unwarranted truly. we will gave helfs anyway

Wonder If I'm the only who just stopped watching battles close-up and personal in TW:W? I remember how I used to just sit and watch guys beating the shit out of each other in previous titles but in TW:W I just constantly busy giving orders and moving shit here and there and mostly spending time in birds-eye view.

>Pls redpill me.
can't believe this has become a meme now.

Attila is perfection of design, but has a shit map with huge threats present at the games start.

It is - I'd just rather go back to Medieval 2. Almost unarguably one of the most solid Total War games.

But the graphic is shit.

Can somebody explain, why High elves don't use guns?
Its make no sense, i get it bretonnia have some shiti lazy excuse, but what about elves?
They smart enough to use it, especially since they such a smart master race empire

Depends if you pause scum or not

Once I went realis mode I rarely have seconds to watch gits

Which reminds me... I can probably lower my settings since I rarely see them close

I don't know I can never go back to R2 after Attila

Yea, while it was brilliant at the time, it's very painful to go back to after playing the modern titles.

Dwarves invented it.

Vanilla med 2 is shit tho

I admit that, while it's not graphically the best and sometimes is clunky, it still feels good enough, and the graphics aren't that bad - you still get a lot of good detail, and the gameplay as a whole is worth whatever sacrifice in mere looks. You can get a lot more out of a fun siege than one that simply looks good.

Post shitty things that you don't want to happen but probably will
>all elf factions will share the same animations and might share some dialogue/sounds

I honestly think Medieval 2 Total War still looks pretty good, but I'm probably a nostalgia shit.

they have fucking Dragons mate. do you think they care about some puny exploding powder invented by grumpy manlets?

>M2
>fun sieges

user, I...

>graphics of M2 and armies of tens of thousands
>graphics of attila and armies of ones of thousands

Choose wisely.

>perfect design
>shit map

and shit battle-play, faction design and the political system was bloated and was more of a pain in the ass than any reward it could give

mod? This guy looks neat

Yeah but nobody plays vanilla.

The trailer/announcement is. High Elves are still a few months away.

>You can get a lot more out of a fun siege than one that simply looks good.
which is why prefer Attila Sieges. Or the custom maps in warhammer that are supposed to replace the siege maps we currently have.

Huns ruin the game by being so powerful and free hordes out the ass. You can murder every single one of the lords, and then eight turns later seven more full hordes show up.

>No new dialogue from the vanilla characters when they speak with the new world factions in the diplomacy screen

>No new faction specific battlefield dialogue from the vanilla factions

>No revamps for the vanilla characters

>Vanilla characters

Adrian Smith's Akhenaten elves are best elves.

Their big flaw is that they're a bunch of proud snobs. Even if gunpowder was actually useful to them - and it's doubtful that it is, because they are so skilled with bows and magic and have dragons, whereas gunpowder is still in the 'inaccurate matchlock' stage - they wouldn't adopt it, because they'd think their ways are the best ways. Sort of like dwarves, but the dwarves at least invent things themselves sometimes. The elves never learn any lessons from anyone else - they always assume that they're the teachers.

Bretonnia's excuse is that they think that gunpowder isn't chivalrous - but they still use cannons on their ships, and in older lore they actually made use of gunpowder in crude bombards and cannons.

They really need to tie the expansions together with stuff like that, otherwise the whole game will just feel disjointed. It's the little things that matter.

Elves often depicted as being really advanced but stagnant as fuck. Like they typically one of the most ancient and advanced civilisations compared to others, but they eventually lose their advantage to the more numerous and hungry races. Immortality and limp dicks usually is root of their problems

>tfw when its a teaser for the trailer thats coming months later

>>Huns ruin the game by being so powerful
>Attila finally becomes the faction leader and launches his memestacks
>Kill him a couple of times
>10 turns later the invasion is over

I really dont know why people consider the Huns as hard, they always end up anticlimactic even when playing as WRE

>it's a teaser for a CGI trailer for a gameplay trailer

>GW killed the setting instead of adding more lore to make parts without much lore interresting
>you will never see what the three eastern human kingdoms had as units , technology ,magical beasts , gods and interresting shits like the dragon emperor etc

They are more a nuisance where you end up auto-resolving night battling their stacks because otherwise you would play >50 battles to fight the huns off.

>it's a voice over CGI parchments showing teasers for a CGI trailer for a gameplay trailer for a quest battle that will be dumbed down

>its grace amateur movie

Guns are dirty, dishonourable, and kind of primitive; they don't require as much training or mastery as bows and melee weapons (purely speaking about relative firearms here) and so they completely go against the elf psyche.

I started a Chaos campaign, I fucked up so hard

On turn 7 or so I attacked those dwarves and then got ganged up by three full stacks of Varg and Skaven or something, right after I had beaten a full stack of dwarves

What a disaster, I'll start over I think
Haven't played since launch

>tree hitler used to go ham and delete not-france
>now I consistently see the woodelves get bullied by fucking skarsnik

In my last beastmen campaign they were a threat until the dwarfs glanced at them and burnt down 3/4ths of their forest. What the fuck?

The designed End Game threats/mechanics

Shogun 2: fuck any diplomacy you ever did, doesn't apply to AI

Rome 2: civil wars to divide your empire (better not lose your food producing town on a dice roll)

Attila: as described

Warhammer: Chaos, then Chaos augmented with a Beastmen Horde

Last campaign I played they had taken over pretty much all of Bretonnia

holy shit, elven towers confirmed!

>notelf AI surviving in Athel Loren
HOW
I never seen that happening.

DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY
24 HOURS REMAIN

In my campaigns they always locked in a stalemate against Karak Norn. They declare war on each other and then just sit in their cities and do jack shit. I like to think that they just busy trash talking each other over mountains.

Elves can't handle anything more complicated than a cock.

That would mean GW in part relinquishing the ability to edit their own IP officially, which will never happen.

Don't be sad pupper

So elves have crappy lazy reason too, MUH HONOR

Fucking hell, when Japs got guns they start to mass produce them immediately, because they was super effective

I really hate this "hurr durr honor i'm not gonna use gun" shit

>Longbeard hired to trash talk Durthu on the lookout over the mountain
>TALK TAH ME WHEN YA CAN MAKE A TREE TALL ENOUGH TO REACH US YA TWIG-STRENGHTED FAGGOT
>[Tree Talk] IF I MADE A TREE TALL ENOUGH TO REACH YOU IT WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE ROOTS YOU HALFLING SHITS

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717185376&searchtext=siscu

yfw we get Amazons instead of reddit rats as the fourth game 2 race

VERMIN

Fortunately this isn't Japs, this is a completely different race than humans on a completely imaginary setting with a completely alien culture you dumb idiot piece of shit autist

>turn 100 as the Empire
>Chaos is around Ostermark
>Orion finishes unifying Athel Loren
>tell to myself it's probably the AI preparing to help the other "good guys"
>Orion declares war on me and Bretonnia

That fucking forest will burn

Japs were also the most war hungry violent people of East Asia. As soon as they got guns, they worked to unify each other and then proceeded to unify all the shitskin peoples nearby that didn't have guns or a modern army.

We desperately need drawfags here

tfw we get Amazons and Vampire pirates instead of lizardsshits and rats

sadly yes , there was potential for so much more , it just piss me off

>amazons

Tell me more; would this be a race of bikini clad snu-snu artisans?

>Its fantasy, so people use less effective way to fight instead of more effective

Make sense to me

Bikini clad raging psycho lesbians more like

I WANT TO GO BACK TO PLAYING ROME 1

BUT THE GAME KEEPS CRASHING

just accept fantasy and play warhammer.
And be a good goy and buy all dlc´s

Attila is set in a depressing time period

>BUT THE GAME KEEPS CRASHING
much like Rome 2

What a pathetic little turd you are

Answering you without insults is not worth anyone's time

There is plenty of examples of historical people not using the most effective tactics available, difference is they didn't have the strength to make up for it

Elves don't use gunpowder because they don't need it you idiotic waste of oxygen. Between their High Magic, mastery over creatures and immense skills, the money dedicated to the gunpowder industry required to mass produce cannons and matchlocks would be a waste.

What part of this are you too much of a stupid troglodite-tier retard to understand? I can explain again real slow if you like

What a stupid post.

Why you so mad

It's a special kind of autist who tries to rationalize things in a setting that includes vampires riding zombie dragons.

Interdasting.

See: warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Amazons

tl;dr another race created by the Old Ones, but this time an all-woman species which reproduces without men by using special drugs/magic. Old tabletop editions had them using Old One tech (ported over 40k guns) and having batshit crazy holy warriors of some kind.

This is sad. If they were smart theydve recorded all the potential lines for the original factions during the first games development. No way they go back and do it again. Do original factions have their specific dialogue for beastmen/elves/brets? not sure if ive heard any

*tips conical helmet*

Dunno if posted already but the Total War stream is up with the reveal countdown and some jungle noises
twitchtv/totalwarofficial

I'm treating dumb piece of shit retards like they deserve to be treated nothing else.

Even wild animals learn respect after being smacked around enough, I expect someone with the intelligence level of a prairie dog to take about the same work

FIRST ENSIGN, RUN THE NOISES THROUGH THE ANALYSER

They don't like loud noises.

definitely some dinosaur shrieking in there

IIRC they retconned some of that shit, now they're just Norscan women whose men all died.

They're still pretty muhc fetish-fuel bikini-clad turbolesbians that getnly rape all the men they can get, but they don't have laserguns anymore.

And at one point they got a merc regiment.

Or maybe I'm imagining things and mixing them up with other shit.

Japs didn't have magic and a goddess turning their great soldiers into demigods. That's their thing, clunky antiquated society, but with real shit that lets them keep competing.

Because why should I always make the new thread? It's so simple yet none of you retards ever step up to do it.

>He may not have loved me the most, but he certainly loved me the longest.

What a fucking Mannlet.

Stop playing fantasy

Save every good battle and watch the replay immediately afterword, then back to campaign.

Using this one weird trick has really improved TW:W for me.

I figure the only reason the Brets don't let their peasants use gunpowder is because the peasants are too stupid and because it means if the peasants ever revolted they'd be fucked. But I am not sure if peasants ever revolt in Bretonnia

Map editing and model stuff will never happen, and I wish it could because I'd love to go hog-wild making shit for Ind and Cathay and so on.

Tilea/Estalia Mod has an amazon regiment of renown so I assume there was one regiment of renown that served.