"""""""""""""""""""military grade""""""""""""""""""" aluminum

>"""""""""""""""""""military grade""""""""""""""""""" aluminum

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2fVSdA1rYKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whoops forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=2fVSdA1rYKE

>real actors, not people

People don't realize that "military grade" is made up of the cheapest materials feasible to perform a task

lancer ralliart

mindless sheeps will fall for anything

Right, imagine opening a restaurant bragging about "military grade" food

I mean I don't like Ford, but you could do this to any door.... they're all sheet metal...
> t. Shop fag

I've seen the video from op pic related and he takes a pair of pliers and tears the piece across in one go, does steel do that too? Honestly wondering

Yeah if you're strong enough its possible. I did this to a steel door when i was trying to get the glass out after the door was smashed in. The areas where the sheet metal is attached to the frame of the door will be a little harder though, some vars have the door skin glued to the frame.

This.
Are they using 7075-t6 or something?

Ya, I have no interest in owning a beer can truck, but you can do this to literally any door skin.

I would love to make people feel my pain. PX hotdogs, wawa coffee and mre snacks, fuck you all

don't forget it's made by blind people too

make the dfac public and be rolling in military grade earnings

Yes.

anyone who has ever been in the military will tell you that military grade is a synonym for awful,

wrong

Military Grade has no meaning nowadays. It's really more of a holdover from the days when JEDEC and other standards could be summarized to the layman as "military grade". Today's standards for steel and aluminum are defined by standards such as "501 Steel".

So, rather than "military grade aluminum", they should have specified the names of aluminum alloys.

This reminds when Rockford Fosgate would advertise their amps as having "military grade" heatsinks.

Or Motherboards in PCs.
Disappointed they started advertising that AFTER 3rd party stopped doing heavy traces.

>dat asmr

Try that in a old landcruiser or a Mercedes G.

The sheet is always thin, so even steel can be teared easily but it still has much more resistance to tear than aluminum, aluminum is a soft metal.
It has some advantages like not rusting and being light, but it's not strong

>hurr

It's made to and tested to conform to a benchmark. That it is made as cheaply as possible and yet still achieve that standard is irrelevant.

>Le military grade material

A meme

>military grade

Worked for a mil supplier years ago. Preliminary spec documents (not for release), some joker had added a mil spec reference:

MIL-TFD-41C "Make it like the fucking drawing for once"

You understand you can do to that to steel sheet metal as well right?

You can but there's a reason off-roaders should use steel wheels and not aluminum.

Sounds nice!

wow, i think i just witnessed my first steve1989 meme.

ITT
RETARDS THINK ALUMINUM IS A THICK IMPENITRABLE STEEL IF THE PHRASE "MILITARY GRADE" IS IN FRONT OF IT

I BET YOU THINK GAMING COMPUTER CHAIRS ARE BETTER THAN OFFICE COMPUTER CHAIRS

They hold up pretty well.

What do the make up of wheels have anything to do with the properties of sheet metal?

Ill wait.

There is no such thing as "military grade" anything. There's mil-spec but there is no such thing as mil-spec aluminum at all. Aluminum is aluminum and the only thing about different kinds is purity and any alloy you wanna mix with it

>do something cars normally dont endure
>it breaks
woooooah

are door panels really that thin nowadays. My newest car is a 2005 jeep.. that has had some offroad fun and the door metal is not nearly that thin. Considering the things i have bounced it off, i pretty sure I would not be able to tear the door sheet metal.

Tearing and Puncturing involve two different properties of the metal.

Kind of how you can't puncture a bag of chips with your fingers but are able to open them tearing them apart.

good point, but i would think the issue with punching a bag of chips is that it isn't rigid, it is allowed to flex and there fore absorb energy. If it was rigid, in the same manner a door panel was, i think i cock poke my finger through it.

When i say bounced off, i mean sliding into a metal post, backing a trailer hitch into, etc.

>not punching your All Dressed open like a gorilla

who taught you to eat chips

Except when you stretch shit grade aluminum to thinner than a dime like in OP's pic, you get the results of thin, shitty aluminum

Surprise surprise

Door panels are not really that ridgid, You ever held a fender in your hands off of a car?

The rigidity comes from it being bolted down and supported like cross members.

You dont understand how things work.

In other news unimportant namefag displays his autism

Military grade raw materials does not imply military grade usage of materials. Military grade aluminum foil is still just aluminum foil.