/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for the discussion of the Nintendo consoles and games released on it
Previous: Can't even remember at this point
Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/

>Important News
「!」First glimpse of the new remake of SMT Strange Journey: nintendoeverything.com/first-screenshots-and-story-details-of-shin-megami-tensei-deep-strange-journey/
「!」Announcement of a remake of Radiant Historia: nintendoeverything.com/radiant-historia-perfect-chronology-revealed-for-nintendo-3ds/
「!」An initial 13GB install is required to play Lego City on Switch: nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/lego_city_undercover_box_reveals_a_mandatory_13gb_install
「!」BotW is the best selling standalone launch game: nintendoeverything.com/switch-in-america-best-2-day-sales-in-nintendo-history-zelda-best-selling-standalone-launch-game/
「!」Miitopia patent filed, meaning a Western release is possible: mynintendonews.com/2017/03/18/patent-for-miitopia-filed-by-nintendo-western-release-a-possibility-3ds/
「!」Limited edition of Fire Emblem Echoes revealed: nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-of-valentia-limited-edition-bundle-revealed-for-north-america/
「!」Nintendo tries to further shill what should have been a pack-in game for Switch: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-battles-real-dairy-farmers-in-1-2-switchs-milk-mini-game-photos/

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/3GsWMgiU
Wii U - pastebin.com/n98NZg13

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/lego_city_undercover_box_reveals_a_mandatory_13gb_install
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BoxBoy physical never ever.

hello

Hopefully never.

Is anyone actually excited for the Radiant Historia remake? It doesn't feel like it's been that long since I originally played it so I don't plan on buying a remake. At least more people will get to play it now.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER /ninty/

Do you guys have a .PNG guide with DS recs like the 3ds one? I just got an R4 and I want some recommendations

Also pls recommend me DS games.

hello true and honest donkey kong

we're trying
Ghost Trick, 999 and The World Ends With You

Don't listen to this memeshit.
What kind of games are you into?

where the hell is the recommended 3DS games pic?

update I did a few weeks ago, I have to update it again though because Atlus announced like 3 different games in one day

soon

>Best games on the Switch are decades old Neo Geo games.
SNK does what Nintenisunabletodo.

This one is better.

Is Shovel Knight playable with the Joycons, or do I need to buy a Pro Controller? I want to purchase the game in the eShop but I don't have a Pro Controller. Do I need one?

>Is Shovel Knight playable with the Joycons
yes, the game can technically be played with an NES controller too

did they ever fix the engrish

That will never get fixed.

Havent paid attention to anything Ninendo in a while but Monster Hunter has reeled me back in. How long do you think the N3DS will continue to be supported? Will the Switch totally murder it?

a year probably, Switch is supposed to replace it eventually

you're gonna get your pikmin sidescroller and then you'll get MH on switch

Are we ever going to be able to play OoT on the switch or should i just get in on 3ds?

Cool. Just picked up a N3DS for MH but then realized I bought a dying console

>Tags
How about adding switch tag (maybe /swg/?) as well, and post upcoming Switch releases.

Yeah that was a really old backup of the OP, the newer one had Switch instead of Wii U games.

dying consoles are great 90% of the time because they have a rich library and are generally easy to play games for free on. 3DS is not an exception.

contrast that with buying a Switch now, you get 1 game now, 1 in 3 months, and 1 more in 7.

what are the best cases for the switch? Feel like i should get one instead of just tossing it in a bag but most seem bulkier than they need to be

KOWASHITAI

>An initial 13GB install is required to play Lego City on Switch: nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/lego_city_undercover_box_reveals_a_mandatory_13gb_install
This has already been debunked user, you can remove it from the OP.

Unless we're going to play Mario Kart 8 and need some VOIP, I don't see the point of a discord yet

Also, miiverse on Switch when?

Is the Switch really the end all be all portable system Nintendo thinks and hopes it is? Or do you think we'll get a really DS/3DS successor in the future?

It could go both ways. Compared to any handheld system that Nintendo has produced in the past, switch is nowhere near as portable. But their philosophy (stated a bit before Iwata died iirc) was that they wanted to condense their products into one line.

I don't want to buy two nintendo consoles just to play games, but I won't deny that your typical 10 year old can't fit a switch into his pocket to take with him at all times. He needs a backpack, and he needs a charger too, and that's not trivial.

>Is the Switch really the end all be all portable system Nintendo thinks and hopes it is?
It has the potential. If their customers and 3rd party devs see Switch as a viable handheld device, then it might become the successor to the 3DS.

Have a nice rest /nintyg/...

What's the chances they announce like a special edition Switch with special colors

They usually go nuts with that shit for handhelds, but console I dunno

pls don't die /nintyg/

pls die /nintyg/

I'm sure we'll get it on Switch in some form eventually, but why wait? 3DS version is fine.

why has nobody fixed Mario Maker 3DS yet?

Who knows with the actual Switch, but I'm sure we'll be getting joycons in every color.

>tfw vitagen is shit

I thought Fast Racing RMX was going to be the game I played as a secondary to Zelda but Neo Turf Masters really is as good an arcade golf game as it is made out to be and I'm a bit hooked on that now. I got Dad playing on two-player mode via table-top and it was pretty sick.

Tempted to pick up some of the other NeoGeo ports as it's been over a decade since I played through the Metal Slugs on Xbox HUEG w/ FBA but we'll see.

Don't get caught up in the obsession to be current - the 3DS has so much greatstuff to play and even if you don't hack you can get a lot of games for cheap.

I'll still be playing 3DS games I haven't played through (and probably fucking Super Hang-On or Outrun again) until Splatoon 2 comes out or I cave like a faggot and get MK8 again because lolportable.

I just bought Neo Turf Masters then.
So far I've got King of Fighters '98, Waku Waku 7 and Metal Slug 3.
Neo Geo games are the perfect fit for a console whose main gimmick includes "Split the controller in half and play local co-op and local multiplayer with your friends, partners or family".

How would you fix that

3rd party online course database, OCDM died

Hey, it's back! Where's the True and Honest Donkey Kong poster?

he's way up there

Hi /nintyg/

Source

>Turn on 3DS
>Check eshop
>Update
>Update failed
>Test connection
>Connection works great
>system update fails

Every goddamn time there's a goddamn update this happens.

Will Switch be a success?

If it absorbs all the handheld market from 3DS / Vita, sure.

Have you tried it on a different connection?

rip

But right now is the most I've ever used it?

Yeah I was just remembering him, not actually me.
me on the back

I always used mine consistently thanks to netflix

RE IN CAR NA TION

Any news on hardware revision? I don't want to get a Switch until at LEAST the melting and the dock-scratching are ironed-out.

No.

Don't think I'm getting it until Pokemon, I don't think Mario will be enough for me to get it.

The new Mario has me excited enough to want the system, I just don't want to have hardware that's liable to fuck itself and not be reliable even just as a Mario Box in the long term.

>tfw you don't wanna unplug your WiiU cause it's a pretty good netflix/webbrowser device but you have a Switch dock to plug in

Anyone else having problems with the speakers?

My speakers are making static sounds when playing high pitched sounds when the volume is turned all the way up.

Most notably the high pitched jingle when opening up the map in BOTW.

Why do so many idiots think a hardware revision are happening in a year? The dock thing is literally just if your dock got bent from shipping / heat mishap before it got to you and so it's curved too far in and scratches. Not hard to stretch back out if done carefully. Honestly just don't get one if you expect some major revisions soon.

Seriously, the amount of people who think a defective unit is a design flaw is shockingly high.

I guess all PS3s get the yellow light of death? No way it's only 5%... oh wait is it only 5%

We're not looking at "here's the New Switch Lite, a new design to fuck you all with", it'd be "we cut out a shitty manufacturer for this run, look for models with 1.01 on them".

Will we ever see link between worlds on the switch in some form?

Why would we? It's a 3DS game.

Anybody hyped for ARMS?

Does the Switch support download play?
I think no current game uses it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not a feature.

no
yes

why are you dying ninty?
where is my wife gor?

Do you have a case for your switch? If so which do you use?

sorry for the late response, tactics and rpg

Just get one and toss a glass screen protector on it (which you should be doing anyways for a handheld with a plastic screen) and youre fine.

Me. I'm ready for constant updates on it like Splatoon got. It should really get a worldbuilding tumblr/twitter too.

melting is fake
get a screen protector like literally any human being
maybe in the future, there's no reason for it not to support it, but we'd have to ask for that feature I guess?

I've been looking for somewhere to discuss this and... Do you guys think pokemon shuffle will come to switch? It can probably easily be sent over since it's also on ios/android. It'd also be something free to pad the system out with. I haven't played it on 3ds in forever, but i'd probably pick it up again on switch.

>no reason not to support it

If Nintendo were dicks, they could remove it with the intention of selling more Mario Karts

But I really like the download play feature so hopefully it's still there

I have the Sheikah slate one that came with my BotW bundle.

i meant from a technical standpoint sorry

I can see it becoming a nuisance.
Back in the DS days, you're probably sending megabytes of data

Now? Starting a single racetrack in MK8 would probably send hundreds of MB, for the racetrack alone.

I don't know how fast Switch wireless connectivity is between Switch's, but I can see this being a problem

The BotW 1.1.1 update really improves performance a ton, it's a shame it wasn't like this on release. It doesn't remove all the drops, but it's way better than it was.

hundreds of MB isn't a lot of data for wireless local area connections, especially in a time when 30 second loading screens are very common on consoles.

Loading a track in MK8 (I had digital) takes so long that the data could be loaded concurrently with no difference over download play. Although, I do have to assume that Switch cart loading is at least marginally faster than the download version or a Wii U disc.

I could also see them saying "We gave you split screen, be happy dammit"

Really, we'll see in a month if there's download play or not, no point in assuming it does or does not if it's such a short wait

well, we know VC is in the works and it sort of follows that it will be included for the more common older games, but you're right. it's still up in the air

I'd say play Radiant Historia but you probably want to play the new one.

If I get a powersaves amiibo thing, do I need any actual amiibos, or can that be used as them?

it can be used as them. you can get a complete set at 3dsiso

Sweet, thanks.

are there any worthwhile game on the international eshops?

>Last year, purchase Strange Journey new because I felt like it
>fast forward to now, Deep Strange Journey gets announced
>I haven't even taken SJ out of its wrapping
I'm not sure how I should feel about this

OK, so I have a 3DSXL and just got a N3DS(which has the 4gb MicroSD it came with in it), my XL has a 32gb card and I have a new 32 MicroSD for the N3DS, how do I transfer this shit without losing everything?

I stopped buying Nintendo consoles after the game cube and GBA
When did nintendo start selling DLC in handhelds?

The DS has an absolute fuckton of these kinds of games. Check out the /v/ recommendation wiki, the DS page there has a good amount of them.

March 2012