/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX for 3DS is officially out in Japan.
English Patch: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, Mounting, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hiromuhand0622/status/846916645780045825
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey guys, I've thought of some new and completely original monsters to add to MH5!

Green Rathalos and Red Rathian!

>There are people that unironically despise MHX and MHXX
Please do not post here any more.

Reminder to never join rooms with Nora. It's guaranteed to be an elitist room and you will be kicked and kuro'd for not having perfect sets for each monster and they must be transmoged with stylish gear only.

>playing 4u village through for the first time
how the fuck do I fight silver rathalos
this is just horseshit

>ever joining discord rooms

>there are people who ironically enjoy them

>hunt 5 kushala daora
>break head every time
>no horns
>i need 3

>tfw you're not a prolific enough discord shitter for anyone to shitpost about you
I-I just want someone to notice me ;w;

you could go on g hall and get shit to outgear him or just turtle him out

or just flash that nigger right in the face

twitter.com/hiromuhand0622/status/846916645780045825
Defend this, X Toddlers

Attack a little and move around, user. Don't try to lay too many hits into it.

I want to become Barioth!
On a somewhat related note, are any of its weapons even worth making this time around?

>twitter.com/hiromuhand0622/status/846916645780045825
Why do monsters switch areas so much? Do MHdevs even bother with testing? I had something similar happen in MHGen when fighting Kushala Daora.

>Get to 8* village
>still getting fucking gathering quests
you cant be fucking serious

So MHx is still down for maintenance?

I heard the HBG was solid

Such an AI seed even being possible is unacceptable.
Just more proof capcom doesn't play their own game.

HBG is pretty good, but it needs recoil.

9* has good hunts. Just do the keys till you get there.

>they can program human-like AI
>but can't program animal-like AI

But they do :^))))))

Maybe they should have playtested their game with Tigarekksu-kun

I had that experience with several monsters in Gen, Kush and Blangonga were big offenders because they do the "traverse six areas at once" meme so even if you don't get that fucked up AI that always flees the area you'll never be able to aggro them unless you literally sit in one area with your thumb up your ass for a minute and a half instead of spending the minute and a half actually following the monster so it'll come back and you can fight it more. 4U also had this problem in expeditions because they were randomly generated and not every monster could go to every area, and none could go to the maze area, which took a long time to run through.

Poor Fujioka

Trying to be defensive doesn't help, I'm constantly eating wind pressure in to fireball when he takes off with no wind up or pattern, and the homing claws are worse than ever

All monsters introduced in 3U suck.

Why is there no deviant diablos hammer? I'd use it no matter how bad it was.

how do I stop fucking other players over while doing my combo in axe mode with CB?

I want to mating press Miss Cat!

Yes I'm sure the Flying Wyverns from Gen 1 are so much better

What weapon are you using?

Personally I think CB and SA are both very solid choices for Silver Rath, since he's almost always airborne. and both weapons have nice vertical reach. CB even has a shield so you can emergency block the noscope claws

>Brachydios
>and Dire Miralis

Jesus fuck, can you really cast such a wide blanket statement? That's really unfair.

If there's a hammerer, just spam Axe Morph>AED. A hammerer is as easy to anger as a Diablos.

Dont Upswing.
Just use Burst 2 and 3 in Brave (they shouldnt be at the head for that, anyway) and AED in Striker if you cant not fuck up 2+ players with Burst 2

>there are people who unironically are attracted to monsters

So im gonna use lances on XX and im pretty decked out on gear but i have no clue where to start. Recommend me style and skills

>there are people who unironically are attracted to charlotte

Pray doodle, don't you love that hunk of obsidian masculinity?

Brach was a mistake.
>ivory
>savage jho
>rust duram
>stygian
>goldbeard
>jhen sub
>abby
>lucy
All suck as well.

01. 01. Monster Hunter XX 280,293 1,127,760 3DS Capcom

past 1m now

>needs to reach 2M in 2 days to meet its sales target

STRIKER ONLY MY BOY!
ATTACK BUFFS ONLY!

Do try everything out, but you'll likely find, as everyone else has, that the new third hit on Lance just isn't as good as the classic 3 poke hop technique. You're also going to get a lot of value from the guard-n-buff art, no matter what style you go with. Like most other weapons that attack quickly, your sharpness is going to be a big concern. Razor Sharp/ S+1/2 where appropriate, and you'll be just fine.

3U Brachy was at least somewhat fair. I'll take explosion hitboxes over 4U's combo-laden cancer anytime.

I blame my mother

does anyone have a link to the CIA of MHXX?

Someone post that image.

CAPCOM wanted to ship 2m by the end of March though, not sell.

Cause crapcum is lazy.

Also Hammer is actually a really fucking good weapon, Brave especially. They didn't make an Akantor hammer cause most hammers are good enough as-is.

But really, capcom lazy. IG and CB only had 4 deviant weapons in gen despite there being like 11 deviants and most other weapon types having them all.

they don't give a shit.

I'm not sure, you could bring some flashes too and a farcaster to get out of a sticky situation. I found after my initial try, jumping from the legdes where possible and only a few hits at a time was best.

Anything about Guard + or lance evation? Or will i be fine with vanilla guard + that vangance guard art?

>implying there aren't monsters who are attracted to humans

Yeah you can kill yourself. No one would miss you.

>Bulldrome helm has better horns than any diablos armor.

pls

He wasnt so bad beyond his DEMPSEY ROLLU run. Its terrifying to see him run circles around an entire area in group hunts not knowing who he's marked for the next attack. Scarier if frenzied to speed it up and hit even harder.

Redpill me on skills that go good with Hellblade SnS

This game alone probably has 50-100 new weapon models. While they did waste a lot of those slots on new joke weapons, you do have to realize that it takes serious manpower to implement each new asset. Even importing old armors is not as easy as drag-and-drop. This is the end of IG and CB's second generation. They definitely have as many separate models as any weapon did in FU. Keep in mind, back then, it was even more common for each monster to only provide half the roster with a weapon.

I would hug a monster
non sexually

Some monsters make better companions than enemies.

About to start XX

Is there a place where I can look at the G-Rank Armors to decide if I roll a male or a female this time?

The best i can do with my ass charm.

>that one combo of 5 punches that almost looked like it was bugged
>fair

I bet he was using some cheats that fucked up the monster AI, never seen that shit.

God Monster Hunter stories was shit
>Lol you want an Elder Dragon?
>Here, have a Kirin. You get nothing else

I WANTED MY MOSS KRAKEN SPITTING THUNDERBUGS GOD DAMN IT

I mean, chaotic order's model already exists, and they created a new diablos LBG (it is new, right?). I just want my chaotic order back. It wasn't in 4U either, when all the required monsters were in.

Tell me about brave hammer. Why is it good?

That's pretty good, but you may as well hack them in.

How do I use Brave GL? What's the bread and butter?

I've been using Block A and A to build up to brave mode and then just spamming Y to get the full burst, but I feel I'm doing it wrong. Fairly new to GL too but what GLs would you recommend? Currently using a Rathian one but going to upgrade to a G.Rath one since it does normal shots and those are apparently the best for brave

TL;DR - Can a GL user teach me the combo for Brave GL and give me weapon / set recommendations?

Currently running Barroth G rank with Rathian GL

Hack them in? We have a charm editor or something? Because im getting sick and tierd if the fucking mantis

the new GL flow is reload > full burst with normal GL

Completely forgot that Brachy had that move since its not in XX.

lel.

fuck they couldn't even copy paste correctly what the shit.

That's a fine start! Now get out there and try it out a bit, get a feel for it, and reshape your set based on what you like/ find yourself lacking. The one thing I would basically never get is HGE, since you can block roars or just Absolute Evade away, if you choose to use an Art slot on it.

Guard vs. Evade lance is a question as old as time. Personally, I do neither religiously. Except for specific enemies that really make use of one or the other, I generally go into hunts expecting to reposition away from hits, not dodge or tank them outright. I only really lean in and block surprise attacks. Keep in mind, that's also lowering your sharpness. Learn the ways of the triple backhop, and you'll be moving around pretty darn fast.

So that's it? I just build the brave meter up and just keep shelling? What HA is recommended?

he already comboes in 3u
hitboxes of explosions
fist shitzones

What is Barioth's secret to attracting little girls?
Is it the hormones of the ice-tusked wyvern?

I can see monsters taking your strength as attractive or desirable.
>Wear Rathalos armor and kill Rathalos
>Rathian considers you the better mate.

>Proceed to slay Rathian too
That's how it would most likely go down.

Alternatively...
>Wear Rathian armor and kill Rathian
>Get molested by Steve afterwards.

wow. i wouldve already abandoned the quest on the third time

>Deviants largely just had G-rank moves and thats what made them different in X
>rush out a hamfisted G expansion to X
>Monsters now get G-rank moves, making them even more identical to Deviants
>there are some sad saps who really think Deviants are better than normal ass subs.

Just reminded me.

>Steve came out 2 iterations ago
>He still doesn't have a distinctive G, EX or GX armor
>Gore has like 4 and has had them all since 4U
>All 4 flagships from Gen have 3 different sets

Bully not so tough after getting shafted again

God damn it I want to play XX but I can't just get into it on the 3ds I forced my way through 4U but the shit resolution and having to play with the 3ds as your controller saps my enthusiasm. E3 is our last chance for a hope at a HD Port for switch or MH5.

did that miss cat user ever post his charlotte drawing?

>liking subspecies at all

Either brave or striker. Striker is better for evade lance and also stronger in general, brave is excellent for guard lance but not overpowered like Striker is (as far as I know).

Striker is for the closest you're gonna get to classic lance play (something you probably don't care about) and for being the strongest weapon in the game (at least in gen, not enough data on XX yet to really say what's strongest but it's still extremely powerful). Every other style has a triple hit on the third thrust that has high commitment for not much more damage and kind of ruins one of Lance's most important features, its ability to combo single low-commitment actions (thrusts and hops) together. However, the optimal way to use striker is to charge (hit the special/kick button or r+x+a) and then use the charge finisher (x while charging) over and over again for absolutely retarded MVs, while keeping enraged guard buffs up as much as possible. So the HAs to use are both absolutes plus enraged guard, optionally swapping absolute evade out for something else. You lose a lot of the weapon's little quality of life features, but similar to the fact that you wouldn't pick striker for familiarity if you haven't played Lance before, you wouldn't miss those features.

With brave you use the GP shield bash (x+a) to extend combos infinitely, and this has about the same MV as a jab so you can poke-poke-bash-poke-poke-bash and avoid using the triple-thrust unless you know you have the opening for it while still getting good damage and automatically guarding during the bash. The bash can also combo into both the lance charge and the counter. The weapon becomes super fluid and even more fun than it was in past games imo. You'd probably want to spend your one HA slot on enraged guard optimally but you're already deliberately using a suboptimal style for the sake of fun if you're going brave lance so I recommend trying out a lot of things and seeing what you actually like best.

They just want to be the little girl, too.
Or perhaps they once were

>Weapon gimmick is also a signature armor skill you can use on any weapon.
>Weapon raw is still fucking shit as ever, especially the hyper version.
JUST

>not thinking Stygian Zinogre is the coolest monster in the entire franchise

I think subs were an antiquated idea that deserve to be phased out. Deviants are just as bad. Rare species are the only variant I really like, specifically Molten, Nuclear, Lucent, Abyssal. They should be balanced the way Elder Dragons are, and they should be markedly different from the regular species.

Metal Raths should never, ever come back. They're just really, really annoying versions of otherwise good monsters.

I've started using a greatsword and abusing the panic dive, but I've been eating shit on his huge aoe fireball. Everything else is only hitting me when I fuck up but with the huge aoe it seems if my weapon is drawn when he decides to do it I get fucked, and he can take off and do it as fast as I can sheathe

Anything Zinogre can't be anything positive.

>Metal Raths should never, ever come back.

Keep in mind you have a panic guard, its not great but taking a bit of sharpness is better than dying, right?

>Rare species are the only variant I really like, specifically a bunch of really annoying fights no one likes

will test if this works

that is a good point.
If I have one nice thing to say about soloing silver rathalos, it's that it's forcing me to try to git gud

I would kill for a Zinogre rare species. He could definitely be an evolution of the Stygian concept. Ideally, he would be more ground based, less flips, with a higher head and stronger legs. Zin, as cool as he is, is like a training dummy as soon as you realize that he trips every time you tickle him on his tootsies.