/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

First for Midir!

First for Gael's fight is gay.

>Mfw I've seen more hackers since this dlc's launch than in all of my hours of Souls games combined
Are you idiots really having that hard of a time with this easymode dlc?

Threadly reminder...

Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords is every single thing wrong with this game thrown into one moveset. Jesus Christ... they are by far the most obnoxious thing to fight against.

It's not surprising that every jackass now flocks to the weapon. Flashy attacks, outrageous damage combos, stupid hyper armor, huge hit box, ranged attack.

They put so much effort into this particular paired weapon, and then you have things like the Splitleaf Greatsword that has nothing unique outside of the weapon art. Same goes for the fat humanity guy Curved Greatsword. Nothing special but weapon arts.

Why is it acceptable to be this fucking lazy and uncreative. I've never gotten an "anime" feeling from the series before this game's 2 DLC's, but boy, did they sure go all the way with it now.

friends what do I do with the remaining levels for this build?

nth for best dragon

>DS3 Opening
>Screen fades in
>Shows Anor Londo and Ringed City wreckage
>doesn't even bother to pan all the way to the left
>"It is called Lothric"
what did the narrator lady meme by this?

DLC nailed my biggest complaint about the series: Not enough characters literally saying "Dark souls" a+ teams gj

>summon guy in black leather + lapp's helmet for spear of the church fight
>go in, kill argo and painting guardian
>spear spawns in
>white phantom disappears, i'm left fighting the spear alone
>roll back to sippy
>white phantom oneshots me with a backstab

I thought the boss invasion bug was fixed?

>Midir on NG+

Help with Demon Prince
>please ;_;

>Final boss is on the cover art again

ABSOLUTE
M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

Is this that abyss-dragon-worm-thingy? They weren't normally this hueg

don't even remember hearing 'dark soul' in dialogue before these two dlcs

jesus christ they focused so much on it without explaining or even referencing anything else

Gwyn did NOTHING wrong

nigga try ++++

giants
giants
giants
become (user was disconnected)

damn this weapon is crazy

Dropping spears ontop of the spawning NPC and having a 3 man gank squad all run into the AoE and die makes my dick hard.

So what do i have to do to not skip anything? I just got to the pvp boss fight. Should I beat this right now or?

When did the DLC hit peak anime for you?

How the fuck am I supposed to beat Midr on NG+ as a magic user?? how the fuck? pure ranged is out of the question and all my magic weapons do absolutely shit damage. Fuuuuck this is gonna be some serious shit. If I do do pure magic/range I'll need a fuck ton of ashen estus too.

Agreed

dont even attempt to pvp in above the SL 80 bracket without at least 40 vigor, fap, and life ring. you really, REALLY want that 1400 unembered base hp so you dont get one pumped in a single combo

You have until waking up Filianore to join the covenant

Things that should've never been a thing in souls games:

>greatshields
Casuals get out
>Sorcery
Casuals get out
>Giant bosses
Either too easy or tedious and awkward
>Bosses having almost no HP

In arena when both me and my opponent used Ringed Lnight Spear and both used our WA's on each other at the same time. That was anime as fuck.

>phase 3 gael

l m a o end my suffering

does bleed/poison apply a flat amount per attack or is it afected by AR? which would stack fastest if they all had 30 bleed: bandit's knife, warden twinblades, carthus greatsword?

Why has the Crown of the Dark Sun never added to ds2 and 3? Its literally the best helmet of all the souls series.

Kaathe mentions and explains it once in Dark Souls 1

PS4 here.
Pass is ggogre
Anyone up for helping me with the Untended Graves? I want Titanite Scales, but hate fighting the Gravetenders.

Does killing the Spear of the Church prevent you from becoming one, a la Gwendolyn?

the whole game is a flashback chronologically

The only reason I was able to get him was by kiting him around where there was a bit more of an open field. This way the lightning was easier to see and avoid.

just dodge and hit him bro
i did it with butchers knife +10

GAEL FUCKING MEMED ME

He has extremely long recovery times. Stay in front of him, unless he starts going autistic in which case run under his legs and wait for him to turn around.

so why is the kindling of fire the superior ending?

Not complaining, but am I the only one who feels like bosses have way too much defense? Bats and Gayel take fuck-all damage. Midir too, but you can get around that by smacking his head.
What's up with that?

I can help out, if you don't mind me memeing with the new weapons

What do my sorceryfriends think of old moonlight? I've been trying it out at pontiff duels and it seems pretty good.

Okay I just finished TRC by face-tanking Gael with perseverance and staggering him every second hit of Vordt's hammer.
I have some questions.

1. Was Lapp sincere when he swore eternal friendship? I mean he is summonable as his true self for Judicator Argo.
2. What were Locusts trying to accomplish? Were they encouraging you to wake the princess and finally break the status quo?
3. When the second locust spoke of a girl who slew her kin and was still welcomed by the Abyss, who did he mean? Sirris? The whole neither moon nor night sky granted comfort thing sounded like her.
4. So Dark Sign is basically Gwyn's curse upon humans for interacting with the Abyss?
5. Did Ashen One complete the Dark Soul or there are still parts spread out amongst Hollows?
6. What was in the fucking egg?
7. Why is Shira such a bitch?
8. Painted World of Shamelessly Yearning Ash when? DLC3/DaS4/new series?

Gave the dark soul to the loli painter
Now what?

Nice an picturesque.

So the opening cinematic spoils the last boss AND the final dlc. That's some high quality pottery right there.

I don't understand what you mean. Should I explore more or fight the pvp boss.

who the hell posted this?

>Azor John
fuck D&D

Does the Frayed Blade anime combo weapon art activate Pontiff's Rings?

I did

Nothing. That's it. You just experienced your last piece of Dark Souls content.

>Saying casuals get out for sorcery
>Sorcery is harder to win with than pure melee

There will be a patched / hidden true ending, right? Or if not an ending cutscene they'll let you see or explore the finished painting at the very least. The church with the painter wasn't burning before if I recall correct so it wouldn't be that surprising if From patched in new additional stuff. Surely the Dark Soul blood not unlocking anything right now is just meant to create a space of time during which the painter actually paints the fucking thing.

I mean the definite final ending of the series can't be simple "thanks for bringing me THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER OBJECT IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, maybe you some day will see me actually use it for something lol". It's not even a case of solving previous lore stuff people have been asking for before, the DLC as of now doesn't even finish its own storyline.

THE END

Did you rike eet?

not joking

ok

>you see a dead wasteland
>you explore it
>nothing on it
thanks for all that space miyazaki

Much as I like the Firekeeper waifu, I have to say I enjoy the themes of the Firekeeper stomp ending the most out of them all. It's the "Ashen One finally ran out of fucks to give" ending.
>you take what power remains in the fading fire into yourself
>but not for humanity
>not for Londor
>not to be some lord and rule over a bunch of Hollows in the dark
>just for yourself
>after three games of running around doing impossible shit everyone insists you must do
>you just grab what remains for yourself and fuck everyone else

Painted World of (You)
F U C K I N G W H E N

Secret.

When they let me have my paired greatswords.

I don't, feel free. I'll head over now and wait for your sign. While we're at it, do you have a Seed of Giant Tree? Last thing I need to complete Solaire's set.

I dunno, and I agree. It'd be a perfect FP regen or boosting item, not sure which, I'd prefer a boost over a regen since regen feels cheap.

meant for

I'm glad they recognized Alva and Zullie were the best thing about Dark Souls II.

How many appraisals do you need to naturally get that icon? Are there others?

cant wait for the FFE patch that adds the area inside that shit

>DUDE instead of answering any of the long overarching lore questions lets just make more shit up lmao
>DUDE lets make a literal WHO the end of the decade long trilogy lmao
>DUDE le anime flashy jumpy sword boss AND weapons lmao

I was always firmly against stuff like Velka, Primordial Serpents showing up in the flesh, but literally nothing at all about them is fucking gay. The most interesting part of the whole fucking thing was the Archtree with Firelink Shrine in it. Jesus.

>No more info on Sable Church/3rd sister
>No info on Primordial Serpents and their connection to Lothric/Londor
>No info on Velka
>No info on literally anything related to the deep whatsoever, including the Age of Deep Aldrich saw coming

They designed this DLC as they did the game in general. Poorly thought through but 'hey look, some armour sets that were in the old games! Cool right!'

>people actually dreamed of comparing this to Old Hunters.

fucking lmao

you are done with the series

that deeply entrenched feeling of unfulfillment and disappointment you currently feel is not unique.

gameplay and boss fight wise the DLC was almost on part with DaS2 DLC but story wise its almost baffling that they would end the game on such a bad note.

When you put down sign and out of 10 Gaels you only end up with 1 host being able to get him.

I think it's meant to be more of a coward's ending rather than your character powering up. I mean you back out at the very, very last moment and regret your decision to snuff the fire, but it's already too late to revert the damage and rekindle the First Flame.

>tfw this was my weaponfu hacked in before the DLC
>now i look like a nerd following super meta
it's suffering

Where the FUCK is the shortcut to the Ringed Inner Wall bonfire? I can't find it.

This game series started with Demon's Souls where you had a sort that literally shot wind lasers

You're a faggot. Flashy movesets are best movesets.

Paired Greatswords are an actual good weapon for a change. I feel like DBS has finally been dethroned for me.

Not even Anor Londo fucks with this guy

>Gets shot down by a blind giant
>Gets defeated easily by chosen undead

What did they mean by this?

progress past the dragon

a WEBM of a well designed and thought out boss fight folks!

I always thought the DLC's would do something with the giant tree at the Sacred Bonfire. Am I wrong? Or is that thing just a useless object you can inspect that will always do nothing?

>its almost baffling that they would end the game on such a bad note.

They didn't end it on a bad note.
They didn't end it on any note at all.
There's not even an ending to complain about it, it's just empty silence.

That's one interpretation. I can see how it reads like that too, yeah.
That's the beauty of it though, it's open to all kinds of speculation

wait you can fucking meet alva and zullie in the DLC?

>finish DLC
>feeling empty despite getting so much joy from co-op at the demons and Midir
>decide to head back into the main game to co-op with all my shiny new stuff
>activity at the dancer
>get summoned
>it's not even remotely fair
>she dies in less than 30 seconds

If there's one thing this DLC and the last patch has proved, it's that somebody, somewhere, is listening to us - and I swear to the Lord God almighty, if you reddit fuckers get the TRC bosses nerfed I'm going pull your fucking eyelids off with my teeth.
Praise the sun, queers.

The one on the bridge?

Apologies, user, I forgot that I haven't beaten grumpy dragon yet, so it'll be just a moment

In the sense that everything has happened already and all turns up in a big mess whenever someone has to link the fire, yeah

Why are people putting their red signs in the church, does that actually help with getting summoned?

You'll get an item eventually if you keep interacting with it now and again

it spawns seeds of tree of giants every time you get invaded anywhere.

its the casual tree

Does anyone recognize Filianore sleep reference?
Not Angel's Egg. Painting or some book/story. I remember hearing something similar.
>CHIM

I think the final bit of content answering zero questions and just making more qualifies as a bad note

Remember when people said Ancient Dragon was a damage sponge?

1. Of course
2. I don't think they were actually that smart. Mostly mindless preachers.
3. No idea
4. More of a safe measure that backfired Tbh
5. At that point in time there were no more hollows. Only you, Gael and ash. So, probably yes.
6. The illusion of reality. Maybe
7. You are
8. It's Bloodborne

What overarching lore questions were unanswered, /v/?

Put your sign down by the bonfire btw.

If you assume the "angels" the Pilgrims eventually transform into are the same ones Gertrude and her Winged Knights obsessed over, the whole thing is tragically funny. Like, chances are she managed to glimpse one and took them for something new and holy that had to be worshipped....while they're really anything but

Yes Zullie's corpse and Alva's haunting spirit

witches always make the best OTP
Yulia and the Slayer
Beatrice and my cock
Zullie and Alva
Karla and the abyss

here goes nothing
>lorian's

How do you know when frostbite has been applied to an NPC?