Really? Heres another one

>Looking at hondas
>Find what looks to be a clean older civic
>Text seller to ask what model it is, HF, DX, ex, Si, etcetera
>Texts back "I don't know"

>Looking for a roadmaster wagon
>Ask seller if it has the tow package
>Seller says he doesn't know
>Instead of going through the semi-difficult task of finding the options sticker and reading the codes, I ask if it has a mechanical fan or electric fans.
>If it has a mechanical fan, it has a big shroud that says "CAUTION FAN" pic related.
>If it has that, it has the tow package
>Seller acts like I'm speaking Greek.
>He asks what a "Shroud" is

One more
>After countless searching find the make and model car I want with the options I want
>Seller has it listed for $1
>Ask seller how much he wants for it
>They say "Make offer"
>Do market analysis of similar vehicles prices
>Use KBB, nada, and common sense
>Make reasonable offer
>Seller says "LOL NO WAY it's worth 4x that much I know what I got!"

My favorite is this however
>Find car for a normal price, click add
>Goes through a list of everything done or replaced or how good the car is
>The car doesn't run, just needs this one part that takes 5 minutes and 20 dollars to install
>"I don't have the time to do it"
>Car is still being sold for $3,000
>For a non-running POS.

Fuck craigslist.

Other urls found in this thread:

capecod.craigslist.org/cto/6132537487.html
southbend.craigslist.org/cto/6143712097.html
phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6123589157.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit like this is why I only buy from dealers.

stealerships imho some folks actually know what they got like if they're the original owner

Just bought a roadmaster and man what a pain in the ass it is to find out if they have the tow package. The sellers had no idea so I ended up just getting the VINs and buying access to compnine for $5 to check them out.

why does every car on craigslist have a single $20 part missing, that the owner cant fix, its like the most infuriating thing ever

Dealerships are just as bad.

I can't tell how many times I've seen shit listed as manual, and its clearly automatic from the pictures, or the prevalent listing of "v6" BMW's The sales people are just as stupid as private party you'll find.

Because people are stupid, sooner or later someone will come along and buy it without even hearing the car start up let alone test drive it.

Put up my 8th gen civic coupe. 200,000 miles. Getting lowballed to hell and back from everyone who's interested.

Asking $2500 CAD with SI wheels and new rubbers. Best off was $1500 without the wheels.

200k miles come on dude what did you expect?

>go on cl to find a decent little project, not too expensive but not too fukt
>check out fiat spiders
>find one right down the road from my apartment
>2500, 60k original miles. Body looks ok in pics
>fuckyes
>text guy tell him I live down the street so I'll just walk over after work
>says ok hell be there. Never shows or says anything.
>top has some decent gashes, a tire is fukt, paint is gashed and chipped in more than he showed
>all the emblems are completely faded, missing door handle, ect
>text him, tell him I wanna hear it start up and I'll do 1500 since it's gonna take a grand to get it to an ok spot
>nope.avi.
Yet he posts it every fucking week, and at slowly lower prices. Pic related, it's the top/rear. I can't even get it anymore cause my bitch gf made us get a fucking cat and spent mass money on it.

>"Will pass inspection but I haven't gotten around to getting it inspected"
You'd have better luck at the junkyard.

200k on A 2006 civic, assuming the car is in decent shape and everything works, doesn't make it scrap tier.
$2500 CAD is a reasonable asking price.
People pay more than that for older hondas with the same mileage.

A lot of people searching CL and Kijiji are foreign born resellers who have bartering in their blood, and are out to get a steal.
If you want to get a fair deal for your pp transaction make sure to only speak to people who speak English without a middle eastern/eastern european accent.
Mexicans are usually very fair people who don't like to negotiate, have plenty of money somehow, and always bring cash.
If a Mexican doesn't think your item is worth 90% of your asking price, then he won't even call.

To sell your 200k civic you need to be on the look out for parents buying their highschool kid a car.
It would be a good idea to park it near a highschool with a forsale sign on it.

>Looking at a 40+ year old convertible
>Expecting it to be in pristine shape
>Expecting the badges to be good
>Expecting the paint to be good
>Expecting it to run
If a classic sports car isn't listed above $8k then it's going to need minimum of $5k to get into decent shape.

>cant afford a car because we got a cat

dude if you can't afford and fucking CAT then you shouldn't be looking for a second car.

>THIS

fuck im trailer trash and can afford my cat and muh cars just fine.

fucking apartment poorfags baka

It was a 600 dollar car because of the breed. Preshots and all the stuff you gotta buy for a 600 fucking dollar cat.

oy vey you have been cucked so hard lmao, i'm so sorry dude

>projecting this hard
Never said any of that, he stated it runs/drives in the ad so it's fair to expect that and nor expect a fucking blown tire. I didn't expect pristine, like I said I'm looking for a project. He went out of his way to hide certain parts of damage though, which I'm cool with it being there just don't know why he tried to be misleading. It also clearly isn't selling, so his price isn't right...can find much better for 3k.

My Craigslist hate? Anyone who expects to get even half any online estimate price for anything and/or who isn't negotiable down to half again their asking price. Needless to say I don't even respond to an ad unless its phrasing has that certain something.

I hope the cat brings you every bit as much joy for just as long or longer than the Fiat would have

A few months ago I sold my 1997 accord for more than they're offering. And I sold it the day I put it on Craigslist

Thanks user, hopefully I'll have both if he's still got it in a week.

>mods add value bro!
>I don't want to give you the VIN, you might steal my car bro!
>yeah it was in a little fender bender, lol what's the matter bro?

>People pay more than that for older hondas with the same mileage.
older hondas are better hondas

I'm asking 2500 incase someone is willing to pay for it, but if you come with $2000 cash in hand and its yours.

It had the engine block TSB done at 150,000 miles as well as the clutch replaced at the same time and tranny fluid. Ive had the car for the last two years and have never had to put more than $200 into it at any given time, (tires, ignition coil, spark plugs, shocks + struts).

I think it being a manual is off putting a lot of people as there are terrible drivers up here, they need a baby automatic to get 5kms away.

I really wanted to sell it so I could buy an EX with more than half the mileage. Oh well guess I'll try to fix the AC myself this summer so I won't die in the Canadian heat.

>Never said any of that

>all the emblems are completely faded,

If you've ever wanted a starter collection of four fucking broken Chrysler Lebarons, I have good news!

capecod.craigslist.org/cto/6132537487.html

So I guess it'd be fair to say you're... pussy whipped?

"I installed a turbo kit recently"
>not one picture of the engine bay

Also I see a lot of ads where the seller added some complex/expensive mod "only a thousand miles ago" and then puts it up for sale. To me that screams "I tried to do something awesome but ruined it, and now I want it to be your problem"

>one thing out of the 7 you project
GG bud. Also misled in the pictures, with them being there so still even justified there.

Shit, if I had the space, budget and know-how that'd be worth parting out. Turbo K-cars are fucking cool.

>never physically met the guy

Ever consider its not his and youre getting punked?

God damn I hate autistic fucks like you. You ask 20,000 fucking questions then stop replying. You interested in the car, see it in person for fucks sake.

>asking the seller information a fucking normalfag would never know
>not just asking for the VIN so you can run a check and also get all the details of its manufacture

Like normans are even aware of VIN numbers.

>Browsing manual cars on Craigslist
>2005 Boxster
>77k miles
>One owner
>$14000
>Show up
>"Yeah, here's the thing about the one owner..."

The car was towed into the dealership with a destroyed head. Traded in. Sold at auction for under $6000 to the current owner who has a dealership license. Local mechanic did the work and replaced head, oil pump, etc.

Might still pull the trigger but wanted to ask you guys first. What say you Veeky Forums should I buy a Porsche?

>trying to find a dual fuel falcon on gumtree
>discover 50% of people don't know how to spell and I have to search "duel fuel" for each search I make too

southbend.craigslist.org/cto/6143712097.html

He should know whether his fucking car is stick shift or automatic

Nah it is, I met his neighbors and he has the title in his name and all that.

>listed for $1 / no starting price

Means they want WAY too much for what they have and they KNOW it, but are willing to waste time of your finite life arguing about it so they can feel victimized by your "lowballing." I set a minimum price (even if it's only $50, still gets rid of the braindead $1 entries) when looking for actual vehicles (not parts) to weed out these douchebags.

Have a third party look at it first. If it passes, and the work was done properly, do it.

>highly modded
phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6123589157.html

He'd suck ur dick u faggot

This is EXACTLY what I meant

>"I installed a turbo kit recently"
R U N

That squiggly yellow/blue detailing looks awful

>list of mods
>clutch replaced

Oh, I didn't know basic maintenance was a mod

That's a reflection of a hose my dude

I never even bothered looking at those listings

That explains it though, they're basically trying their luck to see if some complete imbecile will pay their outrageous price without negotiating.

How do you determine for yourself if a cars engine/trans is fucked? Like I can do most casual maintenance and don't mind doing alternator or starter and shit, but if you're looking for a car how do you ensure the trans/engine is fine.
Would you look like an autist if you asked to do a compression test before you bought? How to you tell if the trans has had it?

You can't tell unless the signs are obvious during the test drive.
The best you can hope to do is to pick up on social cues to make a guess as to whether it was cared for or not.
That's just an inherent problem of buying anything used.

>projecting
Stop using words you don't know the meaning of faggot

>Looking for late 90s scoobaru
>"mild surface rust"
>No pictures of rear quarter panels

Went to buy an FZ8 off Craigslist kid was selling it for 3k. He was second owner and didn't know shit. Had yoshimura, scrape pegs, full exhaust system, fender eliminator. PCV, k&n air filter, new fuel pump, ecu flashed. It was under 8000miles. Didn't talk him down was a good transaction. I love craigslist

Turn your trip back on faggot, how are you gonna gobble cocks for attention without your trip

the car looks rather clean though