>Veeky Forums hates the 17 toyo 86 even more
>Veeky Forums hates autotragic
>Veeky Forums hates new cars
I just bought a 2017 toyota 86 AT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KhefnDUaQU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice 2 door corolla

everything is forgivable except getting auto.
obviously a normie idiot.

You mean leased right?

Inu is that you?

its quite boring on power delivery. Call me when they have a turbo or sc model.

Seriously OP take it back and return it for a manual right now. You're going tp regret it, even if you only remotely enjoy driving cars you will still wish you got it in manual.

why wouldnt you just add your own lol

nope, not your inu user.

>Toyobaru

Nah, the Subuyota is an awesome car don't let this echo chamber tell you otherwise

>17 toyo 86

Nothing wrong with it unless you're a pussy that gets intimidated walking up to your own car

>hates autotragic

Yeah on THE enthusiast car of the decade...

>hates new cars

No I just can't afford one right now

Basically in 95% of cars automatic would be fine, but for some reason you chose to buy THE car that's marketed on feel, super eurobeat dorifto and driver interaction and you're largely taking yourself out of the equation. I mean yeah paddle shifters are OKAY but come on bro. You ain't building that shit up to be a dig beast. You bought that car to emulate Takumi. So do it right. Take that car back RIGHT now. I'm trying to give you a measured response so this doesn't get lost in the shitposting.

yea sometimes I think driving the manual one on weekend would be fun, but it's my DD and traffic around is pretty shit desu.
>bad knees

Thank for the serious reply user. somehow I felt guilty for getting the AT version so that I got a very boring color for it.

I feel you man, I have bad knees as well (had to have the bone on my kneecaps screwed back on) so I get your choice. I still drive manual tho, only really have trouble in the morning. If you deal with a lot of traffic tho it'd prolly be bad. Do they make sequential trans like they did in the mr-s? That way no clutch involved

Exactly. If you feel "guilt" after contractually obligating yourself to about $25k you know you've fucked up, friend. So please, just take it back. Take a financial hit if you must. Take a 2016 of 2015. Just get one with a dick shift. I can't even believe I'm being this guy right now

He only feels guilty because you dickweeds don't know any minutiae lol if he physically has trouble with it, it's completely reasonable to go with the auto. Hell still get his moniesworth and a lot of fun

itt 20 year olds with "bad knees"

what a fucking joke. ive had knee surgery, ankle surgery, broken foot twice.. literally doesn't bother me AT ALL.

Well I just now read that he has bad knees. If that's the case and manual would be unbearable then just keep the car.

>Need premium fuel for underwhelming 205 hp
>Anything less and engine knocks while destroying itself

I bought a 2017 wrx auto because i dd it in traffic, but still wanted something fast and fun, and i didn't like the long throws on the manual. Thinking about getting a 2018 sti now though while keeping the wrx to dd. I have the shekels to pay cash so I'm lucky

This has to be bait because it's so dumb and intentionally dick but I'll bite. It's almost like people have different severity of surgeries or had them later when your body doesn't heal as well and are now older so that your bones are naturally stiffer anyway.

the standard one I believe
I rather pussy out rn than getting shitty knees when I'm old.
>tfw working hard to get money when young
>tfw spending a lot of your hard earned money when getting old

I'm 26 and my right knee is a little janky. It pops when I walk, it generally doesn't affect me unless I spend all day walking or doing outdoor work, even then we're talking about 2 on the pain scale, I can typically deal.

Why are Americans so unhealthy?

Your finances must hate you.

Well, in all fairness, I was fairly physical when I was younger and did not really give a shit about safety so a few bangs here and there probably did it well.

For me, I had a defect in the growth of my legs where my cartilage wasn't doing something it was supposed to or some shit so it just popped off my knee caps and got lodged in the socket. Nothing I could really prevent, 5'11" 165 at 26 now so if that's unhealthy idk what to tell you.

>could've spent $2k more on a wrx

Its not that bad but the auto get longer gear that make it super slow you almost lose a second.
Also you only got 200 hp with no torque so you wont be able to drift just by pressing the throttle.
Trade/sell it for a used toyobaru will you can.

I make 90k a year and am single, plus i inherited 400 grand a few years ago. I also don't live above my means like some dumb nog.

If all your calorie intake was covered by the amount of sweetened drinks you drink everyday you'd be unhealthy as well

Motocross for me.
Not many people get joint problems in their 20's and 30's without being athletes of some kind.

>shitposting at work because I was bored
user I come for the fun not the feel

I train jumping show horses. There's no way to escape arthritis in leg/back attacking at around 20
Driving hurts but I still love it ;_;

We play football not some faggoted soccer shit

many places in the non-free countries this is illegal or very expensive, also voids warranties.

Isn't the 2017 GT86 basically the same as the previous years?

If so, I don't see the advantage of getting a new one unless the price was pretty close.

its got slightly upgraded suspension and an uglier front end, i believe toyota claims it has 5bhp more due to tune, it still has the torque dip but apparently its slightly better.

A guy who owned a 2014 brz said the 17 toyo actually has better handling as well.

Sorry to hear that

Benchracer detected

Bus is thattaway

I'm 25 and have a bad left knee.
It's really a non issue and I work construction, I just need to be careful about how I move.
If I put a torquing load on it it will dislocate.
Basically I can't lift and pivot on my left foot at the same time.

I see. I suppose that could merit paying a few thousand more.

>implying having autism is a bad thing
it's okay user

This.
I'd buy one if they ran on 87 but making me pay .70-1.20 more /gal of gas is just rediculous for 205 hp.

Don't forget the LED lights. Even the based 86 got full led.

eh, even if it was a new econobox I will use 93 on it anyway, gonna make inside of the engine be cleaner. It's a cheap insurance for the long run imo.

Oh man, that sucks. Does it help if you wear a brace? Not that you should have to for driving.

How is it in the corners? Is it quick?

Yea there are a few meme boys who think that 200hp in a small car is no fun but by getting the AT this car lost his reason to exsist.

It feels pretty nice and stable on the corner. The grip is unreal tho, it just makes you want to push the gas harder and harder when taking the corner. COG is kind of low so you feel the road very well. Of course it's kind of slow on straightline anyway.

having owned the auto and manual frs i honestly liked the auto i just wish the dct was faster on the shifts, you can still drift it and its much more pleasent in a downtown city enviornment

>grip unreal on low rolling resistance tires
Come on senpai u aren't even trying

Eh user, coming from a 3k civic and taking a few trips driving my dad rav4 the grip is pretty much unreal for me. Don't have much more budget to spend on so I can only get summertires next year tho.
>it's a DD not for touge and track anyway

Because if you bought new you aren't going to be voiding your warranty, fucking with your ecu and shit

Why would it handle better? There's nothing different aside from cosmetics? The suspension didn't change at all and all the default stock settings are the same

>toyota claims it has 5bhp more due to tune,
Slightly larger intake. But that 5hp at the crank only translates to 3 extra to the tires. 170->173hp respectively and 2 more ftlb of torque which is unnoticeable

youtube.com/watch?v=KhefnDUaQU8
I got no clue user. This is what did this guy say
>Toyota has done some amazing engineering to the suspension. It doesn't understeer. At all. And it doesn't oversteer unless you try to make it oversteer. The car is incredibly well balanced around corners, and there is a lot more mechanical grip even on the same michelins. The revised softer dampers, sway bars, and spring rates work so well together I'd characterize this as one of the best handling cars I've driven at any price point. I couldn't say that about a stock BRZ/FR-S before this. Ride is improved, turn in is improved, mid corner adjustability is improved, grip is improved, steering is improved, I love it.
>inb4 getting roasted for watching jewtube reviews

One of this car's biggest detractors on this board can't make a 5mph turn in a volvo without almost dying so i would'nt worry about the Veeky Forumspinions.

However i think you'll get bored of it in automatic after a while, it's no 5000bhp fifteen ton freedom car and the fun is in the handling and actually driving the thing.

If the auto were a DCT, nobody would bitch about it.

They stiffened the chassis and adopted the BRZ spring rates.

I would

Shall we begin to list how this cars faster and better track times than this one?

It actually is what did I expect when I started this thread user

Those comparisons better come with price tags, and they better be equal to or lower than the toyobaru

>auto 86

absolutely_disgusting_americans.jpg

GRATS nigga. Welcome to the club

The honda civic hatchback requires premium fuel to use all 180hp. Using regular restricts the engine to 174. Once you get close to the 200 hp range, you need premium fuel.

Congrats. While the auto is no dual clutch job, its still not too bad compared to some of the other crap you'll find out there.

>AE86 is great because low power and great handling

>GT86 is shit because low poer and great handling

Guess which one was an anime star

The only real problem is that the GT86 tries to look faster than it actually is, whereas the AE86 wasn't trying to look like anything but a standard 80's econowedge.

If he's in North America, which he probably is, the auto will hold it's value better, simply because very few people here know how to drive Manuel, and of those, even fewer want to drive Manuel all the time.

Nothing wrong with getting an auto. Especially if you live in the city.

Gotta agree with you on this. Still, it's not as bad as the latest civic, corolla and camry.

Tbh the miata ND would be a better choice, but I just fucking hate convertible so...

Ain't nuttan r0ng widdat. If you live in a city, hilly city especially, sucking manuel's cock just isn't worth it. It's a pain in the ass.

I almost got the exact same car in the same color. Went with a silver 2017 Camry SE instead. Yes, I hope you o/tists are mad

>auto
You mean you bought a WRX with a CVT.

Its the auto, gonna be real hard to get those prius tires to squeal. His 3k civic was probably faster, no joke.

It better be the v6

You know I really don't get worked up about much, but this the one that gets me.

You just really don't understand how much worse the auto is specifically in the 86, otherwise I have no doubt you would have chosen not to buy it.

I guess if you never plan on going over 40mph, or merge on to a highway, or ever try to overtake a prius, you should be fine.

Veeky Forums is gonna love this car. Just give it 3-5 years or so, when secondhand ones become cheap It's a fucking horrible decision to buy one of these new, and I have no idea why someone would do it. In a few years, this will become a very cheap car to own and an easy one to mod. Light Jap cars have a good shot at a long life of being modded and raced to where they are unrecognizable

>another tsundere european

I've been thinking about it.

Started out dreamin on the brz manuel because that's the thing to do, but the more I thought about it and looked into it, many say the AT's not bad and I do a looot of city driving. And it'd be my dd.

I'm giving the brz AT some real thought, man. Feels weird but it makes sense for me.

I'm already seeing

>easy one to mod
>windowed block with only 300bhp

MT will be more fun, no doubt. But because 86/brz are heavily focus in handling/street feel so the fun will remain about 70% on the AT one. Also
>better MPG
>better resale value
Tbh I almost pulled the trigger on a 50k 2013 frs for $13k tho. But need to build up financial credit for future purchase so.

Also because of the frs's were quite cheap so a lot of kids got them, fucked the shit out of the car, got bored and decided to sell them for another meme machines. I rather be an idiot spending money for a new one, proper break-in the engine and give it good maintenance since day one.

>not even double the power pf my old corolla
>shit boxer has garbage torque curve anyway
>looks like crap
86 fucking blows ass, maybe if they brought back the A series engines instead of that subaru turd itd be better

I respect the choice you've made OP, but I just want you to know that my 20 year old car has more hp and torque than yours.

fuck off mr cummy

Enjoy it OP. I personally like the toyobaru.