/learner/ general

Anyone else taking lessons at the moment?

>slow learner
>on the third lesson and only just doing the stuff most people do on their first

>fast learner
>short attention span
>make lots of dumb mistakes
>generally, an airhead behind the wheel
>finished my lessons so far, today i did the school's driving exam
>tfw second try
>this wednesday im gonna have to go to take the final exam in a car i havent touched
>tfw its a ford focus

why cant i just roam in my civic shitbox at 40kph in peace, without having to do this shit

Don't worry. I was a slow learner to start with, but after a couple of months it literally just clicked and I could drive with little trouble. Passed my test first time with only one fault, I forgot to check my blind spot when moving off from an emergency stop.

btw my clutch control is horrible, it always does a click in lower gears. letting it go slower doesnt work, maybe i should try holding it mid-way? pls halp (we learn in diesels, and the focus has a double clutch)

>be tennessean
>pass 12 question test on stop signs and DUIs
>legally able to drive

Had 20 hours, can just about comfortably drive now but can't do manauvers at test standard. Changed instructor and car part way though learning, found diesel is way easier to learn on because it's harder to stall.

>be me
>practice theory test for many years
>know the answer to every question
>the big day comes
>line up and wait for my name to be called out
>some fat tendies loving mummy's boy is also waiting
>peh, I'm gonna wipe the floor with this guy
>do test
>get results
>fail by ONE FUCKING POINT
>mfw the tendies retard passes
>mfw he speeds of in a fucking riced out shitbox

The only lessons I take now are from your mom.

Judge and be judged

Maybe his mumma did something extra for the examiner?

>Learning to drive
>Finally can enjoy my passion
>Buy project car (Mk2 Golf GTI)
>Diagnosed with scoliosis
>Have operation
>Can't drive for over 6 months
>Won't be able to enjoy driving my shitbox in the summertime
>FeelsBadMan

Isn't that when your spine is all bent and shit? How do you just get diagnosed with it? Wouldn't it be apparent?

Also that sucks ass bro, take it easy and don't break any arms or legs in the meantime.

HEY-O

Yeah, I had an 'S' curve in my spine - 50 something degrees at the base and 28 near the top. I just noticed my back stuck out a bit on one side of my spine one day, went to the doctor and boom, there goes all the excitement of the next year and a half for me. At least I'm part titanium now.

8v or 16v?

>not getting a military-grade aluminum spine like the ALL NEW FORD F-150

There's almost nothing to learn except how to use clutch & stick if you're in Europe.
It's all about confidence and driving safely.

8v. Sorry.
Big meme. Aluminium hardware would be fucking awful.

That's a lie. You will get points deducted or even fail if you don't look everywhere like a maniac before doing the slightest maneuver. Like why the fuck do I have to check the passengers side mirror when I'm turning right if I'm 100% sure that there is no cyclist there

>not understanding European tests: the post

>learned and passed test no problem in a brand new diesel
>got petrol shitbox
>can't drive for shit, stall every time I try to set off, confidence gone
>don't want to drive anymore

You don't have off idle torque, you have to give it gas when you let off the clutch

you basically have to rev the shit out of small petrol engines. I learnt in a diesel and when I got my 1.2 petrol car it took me a couple of weeks to learn the power curve properly. Basically under 3k it's anaemic as fuck

Yeah I guess I'm just scared to rev too hard and ram into the poor fucker in front of me. I guess I just need to get out on a quiet night and practice with the fucker. It's a 1.2 Peugeot so yeah it's pissy weak.

>be in nanny state
>120 hours required on my learners
>have driven 26 hours in the 2 years since I turned 16 and got my Ls
>make up various excuses for others and myself as to why I've driven so little
>know the truth is really that my anxiety makes me extremely scared of driving
>my only interest in life is ruined before I could even enjoy it
I just want to end it now but my nanny state has such strict gun laws ill never be able to get one

>likes cars
>afraid of driving

Lolwat