/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #43

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Yoko Taro Hates Twins Edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ (embed) (embed)
>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu (embed) (embed)

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc

>PASSWORD=hikaru
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q

>English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/Drakengard/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for 2Bx6O

Gay robot edition.

Honestly, I also just don't think the concept of big friend doing stuff for you with indirect controls translates to fun gameplay very well.

It kind of looked like they went to Kamiya and said "make us something with a giant animal friend that we can take on The Last Guardian with". Kamiya took forever trying to make the concept fun, TLG actually released, and the higher ups decided the moment had passed.

Just the fact that machine murder-lust lives on.

I hope Taro's happy with the reception. He's had a strange journey with game development.

nth for What was the Programming language for N:A?

What was the video editing software?

>Game Creator Machine: Actually, I've sort of run out of ideas.
>I never knew how difficult it was to be a creative genius.
>Thats why I've decided to go out on top.
>Thank you for your support!

Reminder that this is the end for Yoko Taro games.

Forgot image

Why was his reaction so retarded and edgy in this scene?

Why do clickbait shit reviews make me so salty? I know I shouldn't bother, but they make me mad. Even more when they lower scores.....fuck.

Warning: incoming butt

tribute to Caim

Because he's literally Cuck Rage: The Character. Also androids get off to combat so that's probably the closest he'll ever be to ****ing 2B.

Don't even look at it if it bothers you so much. Why do you do this to yourself?

2B AND 9S ARE FOR SWEET KISSING!!!!!!

>machines mass producing the image of the one he loved to kill him
I mean, it's kind of a cruel slap in the face on top of everything else. Further dehumanizing 2B and the relationship that 9S had with her in favor of reminding him that they're just another pair of tools in a pointless war.

If he gets the money he literally said he'll remaster the Drakengard series, and that anything is possible.

Any ideas if I can expect the level of story in Automata in Persona 5? I need to fill this empty void in me.

>don't watch the title screen video because I remembered how much shit was spoiled in the one NieR had
>watch it after getting all endings
>like 90% of it is clips and audio from Route C

Does Taro approve these before they get added or what

>Drakengard 1 Ending E

Finally i'm free
What a garbage game, holy shit
Never again

This is Yoko Taro.Why are you trusting anything he says.

Obviously he's going to open a restaurant and retire exactly like he said he would.

I understand his despair. I just thought that particular line from him was edgy.

>Asking people who play Taro games why they hurt themselves.
You know why he does it user, we all do.

I can see him doing remasters for his older stuff but I'd be surprised if we get an actual new entry again.

>lparchive.org/Drakengard/

Congrats for wasting your time

Welp, finally caught up on playthroughs of Drakengard 2.

I thought people were exaggerating, but Nowe's character arc was more of a mess than I expected it to be.

Caim and Angelus's role was actually pretty emotional though.

Well he kinda seems to have written himself into a corner with Automata, but then again it seemed a bit like that with NieR too.

idk

Taro is an edgy child.

I mean, usually he channels it into something interesting, but you'll still get stuff like this once in a while because he's ultimately still a big edgy kid.

i wanted to experience it myself
i understood way too late that it was a mistake
at least i can strangle anyone who actually suggest playing it

DLC with Accord's creation/reformation of androids to glorify humanity across timelines.

DLC with previous 2B/9S missions with the obvious ending

I think he lost emotional stability a few towers prior to that point.

This, I mean shit after hackerman tower he's already literally blowing fuses.

The (true) ending of Automata is beautiful and I'd rather it be left alone. It's incredibly rare to get such a worthy sequel to a great game that I'd not count on it happening again. It's better to leave that saga closed outside of some small DLC maybe to expand on some elements already introduced rather than a whole new entry that could tarnish the conclusion I'm very content with personally.

I'd rather he worked on a whole new series and see what he comes up with.

Did you find out that you can cheat your way through the final rhythm game by repeatedly pausing it? I doubt I would have gotten through otherwise.

After Drakengard 3 no rhythm game will ever worry me.

I naively cling to the hope that we'll get some more answers to the unresolved questions regarding Accord, Angelus, and the Watchers in another game someday, but I'd be interested in seeing what kind of new series Taro could come up with.

>60
>A2
>Commander

So many best girls

PROPRIETARY.

it's literally the first thing I did after seeing the more complicated patterns
in fact the entire latter half of the game was about me finding the lamest way to cheese the missions because actually trying to play the game was greeting me with 80 arbalests stunlocking me to death or 500 quintillions infinite dodge enemy that throw homing shots taking each a quarter of your health
i'll be even honest and say the rhythm game wasn't even that bad all considering

at least manah was nice

>Drakengard 3's rhythm game
Lord, I gave up on that one before making it halfway through it.

>a whole new series

He'll grab one of the joke endings from Automata and work off of that.

>das3 dlc
>persona 5

haha I've gotten over this game, only took a month no biggie

>cheapening the experience by not enjoying the suffering

>not 21O
>not Jackass
>not Amnesia E-type
>not Pod 153

Didn't realize the previous thread was so old. Reposting
Speaking of that bot, the record of that beast machine it had you kill was written in all caps, just like the animal-loving bot spoke. It claimed to not be aware of the beast bot, but I still find that kind of weird.
I'll have to go back and check, but I'm tempted to say he knew the bot, took a liking to real animals and abandoned the imitation.
Or maybe all bots related to the wilderness speak/write in all caps.

I had a chuckle when Pascal's village was on fire and saw the kid was probably locked inside. Then I was kind of shocked when I swung my sword and saw it making contact with something in the house. He should've already been dead.

Now I wonder if I'd be able to hack his door open when visiting as 9S if I hadn't killed him as A2.

Just finished the routes.
This game is a fucking hecatomb, I'm literally shaking right now.

Alright,i just finished the game 10 seconds ago and i did THAT and now i don't know how to feel.

help me /ndg/.

Taro demands your sacrifice. He MUST feed.

>help me
Go buy $800 worth of STRONG moonshine and/or gutrot, buy a long sippy straw, curl up in bed, drink and forget about the world for a good while.
Once you do that learn slowly how to live with the emptiness.

You know, if Drakengard 2 skipped Nowe and primarily focused on Manah and Caim's stories, kind of reversing their roles from the first game as they both tried to deal with the demons from their pasts, than I think it could have been top tier.

Or at least more salvageable.

Black haired 9S is cute! CUTE!

Don't worry guys, time will dull the pain.

desu the only difficult note is the very last one where the tempo goes to practically 0 AND dialogue is playing over it.

Otherwise it's a 4/4 call and response, it might actually be easier to do it with your eyes closed.

>pascal's village

DEATH TO TARO WHEN???

I don't think you can hack his door again after the village was destroyed, but I like to think that he's doing alright.

Y-yeah...!
Its been 3 weeks and i'm totally f-fine!

Killing Taro won't bring the children[/spoiler back.

How the fuck did that even happen to Pascal's Village? I thought they disconnected from the network.

Fuck no, dude.

I left Pascal to his own nightmare and didn't kill him. I can't kill aoi yuki

Did he sudoku?

was the implication that he was being used as a sex bot and ended up killing himself and the resistance member?

I want to take care of him ;_;

> it might actually be easier to do it with your eyes closed.
You see, people say that, but I have no sense of rhythm or timing for that sort of thing. Like it's a foreign concept to me.

The network let them disconnect in order for them to provide evolutionary pressure, naturally it can also forcefully reconnect them, in the same what that it effects YoRHa in the start of C

Yea

>tried to actively describe this to mates when the game came out
>didn't believe me that it could be done on ears alone even the last note
>did it for them then turned off the system and MADE them do it themselves before anything else was spoiled

The Network gained sentience and decided to experiment with different forms of government and societies that humans have used.

Pascal's village was simply allowed it's freedom until Terminal decided it was no longer necessary.

>I left Pascal to his own nightmare

ur a monster m8

Kind of apples and oranges there.

>skipping a weapon
>skipping what happens at 100% weapon stories

ya fucked up

I can't still do it again with the chapter option can't I?

Yes.
Its less ambiguous in jap but basically he's repeating the same begging "please" of the Dad to not tell anyone.
The implication is it might have actually been an E-Model that did them in.
Its honestly the only good being classically trained has done me.
Don't do it. Its what he wants now let him suffer when he realizes the booze money ran out and he has to sell himself again.

Nah, he's probably so depressed that he can't even marshal the will to off himself. He'll just sit in that room suffering until he breaks down.

You're the bad guy user.

How do I look up 2B's skirt?

But who wore it best?

Just self-destruct

H-hentai

Just self destruct. If you stare at it for too long tho she'll do something cute.

The saddest thing is i never got to find out what those locked elevators do with the machine doing pushups infront of it and sudokus when you talk to him.

Time to suffer all over again on hard i guess.

>locked elevators
They're a joke. Or cut content. Or future DLC. Maybe.

Me? Is it me, legna?

Nothing in them, my dude, don't believe them?

Those are presumably spots set aside for possible DLC.

Its poop. Just poop. Tell your friends if they ask that its poop.

I just want more wacky/tragic pact partner relationships.

Is it really that terrible? I always thought I was totally prepared to run through a kusoge for the reward that is beautiful suffering, but now I'm not so sure.

At the same time, I looked at the LP and I'm afraid that the amused/disgusted commentary may change my interpretation of it.

Confess your Automata sins:

I installed death rattle as soon as I got it, and enjoyed it.

I wonder what Hanch's butt crack smells like?

Best part of Pascal's village ruin is the kid who swore to never step foot outside again.
Would someone do a "this is fine" edit of him?

Can the bots even withstand all that heat?

Didn't seem that way to me. I'd have liked something scandalous, but I guess the two were too weak and were killed by machines.

>Did he sudoku?
Probably, in the form of visiting the dangerous parts of the factory or hopping into the lava pit, or walking out into the desert all after cleaning up the bodies of his children.

He asked enough favors of someone who hates machines AND had the nerve to ask to help him be a coward.

>pushups
Cute, user.

>If you stare at it for too long tho she'll do something cute.
I was actually watching her dress after being in water when she did this. Took me by surprise and then I kept doing it just to see her reaction, earning the achievement. I felt kinda bad at that point. 2B 2cute

>a child loses his innocence
>a general loses his sense of loyalty
>a politician loses his sight
>a musician loses his left hand

I always wondered if people that play these games are M. I know I am even if just lightly.

Is the high jump trick only with 2B?

Personally, I think the mass majority of my dislike for the gameplay in Drakengard 1 comes from collecting weapons for unlocking the Ending E boss.

The rest of it is merely tedious and annoying, but going back to recycled stages, playing on higher difficulties on a time-limit, and sifting through guides to find the ridiculous requirements for unlocking every weapon was genuinely painful.

Oh.
>a philosopher loses his sanity

Clemp's videos are a lot more positive. But they are a recap, not a playthough.

M, like, masochists? No. I'm the opposite. I'm enjoying it from the sadistic angle, in that I really enjoy people being sad.

I don't think that's a sin.

Anyway, my first death was to a boar. I wish there was achievement for that.

I hacked Father Servo.