What's the best solution for car audio and in-car entertainment in 2017...

What's the best solution for car audio and in-car entertainment in 2017? Android Auto seems dead in the water and single-DIN radios look like they haven't evolved in ten years. I'd just like a system that pairs instantly with my phone, and has native control for e.g. Maps and Spotify.

Other urls found in this thread:

crutchfield.com/p_530VRN65HB/Soundstream-VRN-65HB.html?avf=Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

some single din look great, but they are overpriced as fuck

As for android auto, any one knows how to turn a phone into an android auto dash?, seams like google really does not want you to flash phones into AA units

Sony makes a proper double DIN unit that's like 500 dollars but does android auto and Carplay pretty well.

Bluetooth head unit. (Pioneer something)
>pairs when you turn the car on
>plays music

The stock one is fine.

That looks like it should be home audio, not car audio. I mean it looks good, but would it match any interiors?

>Bluetooth
>For music
This is a no-cuck board.

Looks pretty good in this.

The whole thing sticks out around 1cm, meaning it only looks good head on.

I just want a decent spec 2din android radio that lets me flash cfw on it, I want to use the screen to control things like AC and anti lag, boost control etc.

Got a Pioneer (similar to this one) for about £50-60 that does everything I need, FM, DAB+, 3x 6 presets for each, Aux in, USB port, USB audio via android app or iphone and doest look terribly gaudy (imho)

Looks good in that , but the vast brushed metal clashing with the surrounding plastic would trigger me if was in the cab. Different strokes

I've heard of people who have left the stock head unit in and hid an $80 single DIN stereo in the glovebox with some careful wiring and wizardry, so there's always that.

>$1k5
>for a single ES9018S chip
>RCA ports are not even gold-plated
fucking sony. Even I've gotten used to pay for overpriced audiophile stuffs, this shit is just ridiculous.

Btw, due to its acoustic condition, spending too much money for upgrading car's audio system is pretty dumb desu.

See if GROM audio has one of their sets for your car and buy the Bluetooth adapter. You keep the stock look but get way more options. I did it for my GS300 and love it.

Apple CarPlay is a fucking delight to use desu

I gotcha senpai.

cassette adapter master race reporting in

This.
I'm not an audio snob nor a smart consumer, but I've got a paid of B&W 603s3's at home powered by a Marantz PM94, but that's because a house stays still and isn't constantly getting chassis feedback through 4 massive transducers.

Putting money into a car to reduce the unwanted noise is both a huge money pit and wildly, wildly diminishing returns on speakers already marked way the fuck up simply for being car audio.
"Enclosures" that vary from car to car in both volume and resonant frequencies, horrible cabin gain and so much shit in the way of waves it's impossible to mathematically plan.

Having said that, I drive a Miata with some Infinity kappa shit and called it a day.

I have the same thing. Set it to dim at 1800 and brighten at 0600 so no need to cut into the headlights etc for auto dim, connects to my phone automatically, really all I can ask for. I like the dials in the OP head unit though v cool

AUX input + Android phone

There's nothing wrong with BT for car audio. Far more convenient than AUX.

I use a little bluetooth soundbar and connect it to my phone

>I'd just like a system that pairs instantly with my phone
OBSOLETE
just use a dongle and a tape deck ffs
all a radio needs is a tape deck and radio tuner
people don't even carry cds any more

cassette deck masterace

What if traditional FM doesnt exist where I live?

>tape deck
You know you can install an AUX port on most stock radios for a few bucks?

amplitude modulation or ham it is unless satellite radio is available

sounds fussy
what Ive seen so far hijacks the the preamp line from the radio
easer to just abuse the cd changer line in

main problem with most front mounted oem line in is that phono jacks suck at dealing with rotation or vibration

Buy a car that doesn't suck?

>What's the best solution for car audio and in-car entertainment in 2017 when every decent car comes with AUX/Bluetooth/USB and a dongle for any of those costs $20?

>Audi and Volvo will use Android as the operating system in upcoming cars (May 15, 2017)
>Android Auto seems dead in the water
what did he mean by this

For a "cheap" solution you can buy a double-din tray and put a nexus7 in it, there are tons of youtube videos with firmware, how to set up the buttons on your steering wheel and so on. Full functionality of a tablet (3G/ wifi/ bluetooth for obd-II) but it's only as good as you make it.
Haven't looked into "out of the box"-systems yet

If you ask me after '90 nothing good
Good sound
Mid 90
Nakamichi. + a/d/s or boston acoustic
Kenwood + JBL
Alpine .. something

2000 mp3 era
Sony Xplode, Pioneer .. just bang sounds
Yes but it's still be a audio unit

2010 era ..
Nothing
because everyone got stupid build in car system that got 10 billion function on it.

Maybe it's a good idea to buy overprice Sony car audio for quality that nobody else offer.

>If you ask me after '90 nothing good
as much as id like to go rare pepe hunting
17 watts rms @ 4 ohm x4
has phono line in and rca line out

>Nothing
>cars are now sold with custom tailored systems by B&W, Burmester, Dynaudio, Mark Levinson, Meridian
Try not being painfully poor.

A cassete/CD/Radio/SD/bluetooth audio system

speaker placement and enclosure design are big cost savings for sure
>Try not being painfully poor.
before cars came with a stereo even poor people used to be into having a decent stereo
now they don't give a shit

>now they don't give a shit
Now cars come with decent stereos by default.

the fiesta and focus sure don't
even a dollar store does better

Subaru has good stuff tho
and any of the older clarion oem is all good

Find a head unit that has all the features u want and is cosmetically tolerable.. apend the moneybon speakers/power..

If money is no object u have an overwhelming selection.. if youre being somewhat conservative id highly recommend alpine type-r for overall product value

My car has a hard drive in it so I just put music on there.

>Sony
Sony has the worst tuning options on the market
If you've ever switched between products you would have known

Replace it with a ssd

>plugging your phone in and press play
vs
>having to spend more time pairing phone

>all that to play a 128kb MP3 through Bluetooth

You pair it once and it autoconnects afterwards.

desu mp3 only really degrades treble at and below 96 kb/s
and on such small stereos there is little difference between 128 and 320 kb/s

even on DJ equipment with 15" subs and giant horn tweeters the music library are rarely more than 256 kb/s 44 khz mp3 or just using CDDA
above 128 kb/s the bass gets more clear but only on very large systems 256/s just starts to have an noticeable effect on the tweeters

besides all that there are other problems
finding a decent recording of the track you want (best source is studio master tapes - but more often than not you have to rip from a CD or LP)
having enough time to set up the acoustics (worst I've dealt with is an indoor swimming pool with no baffles)
an audience that would even notice the difference
keeping drunk ppl and lurkers away from the booth

those things are nigger magnets

>on such small stereos there is little difference between 128 and 320 kb/s
Go away and stop spreading bullshit about things you do not understand. You can hear the difference between two on $30 PC speakers unless you're deaf.

>Not listening to hi bit rate audio through noise isolating earbuds
>Not blocking off all the pleb road nose and car horns
>Not appreciating audiophilic euphoria

nice placebo

It's not a placebo, cretin. Differences between 128 and 320 CBRs are drastic and very much detectable even with mediocre equipment. This isn't even 320 vs lossless argument, there's simply no defending it unless you're unironically partially def. Kys yourself for making me reply.

>$30 PC speakers
>better double and triple the size of your files then
its just not worth it on low wattage gear or anything with a poorly designed enclosure

You cant hear the difference once i rev up my engins

I know the kids on lawnmowers are the worst.

>cheap poorly built shitboxes
>complains that it doesn't have a good sound system

Yeah, both those cars represent the whole car market

>gets arrested for reckless driving
Earphones and headphones are both illegal to use while driving, retard

They are not. Kill yourself.

I have this too. quality isn't the best tho

Using two at once is. Not federal law, though.

my state trooper friend pulls over every single driver he sees with headphones on and tickets them if they give an attitude or they're caught twice. If you can't hear the outside while you're driving, you're driving recklessly and you deserve to be punished for putting others in danger

>all of the US is my shit state
>all of the world is US
kys dimwit

>Android Auto seems dead in the water and single-DIN radios look like they haven't evolved in ten years
Pioneer has you covered

better stock up on mufflers and sound deadening then
+some low road noise tires

>cheap poorly built shitboxes
they are much more cheaply built than they used to be
and those fords in particular could be outclassed by any alarm clock radio

>>all of the world is US
haha sounds like irrelevancy to me. Don't you have another Islamic terror attack to apologize for?

wew you got me good there

>uses reddit acronyms
>thinks he has a right to talk shit to anyone
An hero.

What? most of the major radio manufacturers produce extendable screen single-dins

Yeah but this one has Android Auto

>everything i don't like is le reddit xD
>look at my cool encyclopedia dramatica lingo i don't know how to use
definitely kys yourself, newfriend

t. red ditor

I've been planning on buying pic related or similar for a while now, Its got this cool thing where it essentially just puts your whole phone screen on it's screen.

crutchfield.com/p_530VRN65HB/Soundstream-VRN-65HB.html?avf=Y

my car came with a Dynaudio system
is not THAT good, its better than a simple 4 speaker system for sure, but it wont beat a home set up any one can make

Looks ugly as fuck

Anybody just connect their phone straight to an amp with a 3.5mm to RCA cable? I'm debating doing this to avoid having to cut my dash for a head unit

Go away, retarded nigger.

I'm in constant pain because 95% of Veeky Forums doesn't seem to be aware of the vocative case comma and it delights my heart to see it being used correctly.
Thank you.

may as well have put in an exclamation mark

Guarantee you can't tell between 320 and 128+ vbr

>Android Auto dead in the water
Just cause you and the rest of Veeky Forums are autistic about it, doesn't mean it's dead. It's alive and well and being added to more and more cars. Which is good.

>Shit, overly compressed audio
>Superior in any way over anything
Yeah, nah.

what a fucking waste of money.
Here a 80 buck head unit.
There was a cheaper 40 buck one that might've fit better too

faggots, who either dont know how to or too afraid to take apart the dash.. or cheapskates... your pick.

Question: Do they still have car audio competitions? Or is that dead now.

It's still a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing.

Looks breddy cool teebeehoo, what's the model?

The quality out of these are absolute garbage.

I tried to be as least offensive as possible, it's not bad.

Cheapest Radio with AUX. Use a phoneholder for maps and a long enogh aux cable that reaches from the windscreen to ur radio. Perfect!

IN AMERICA

Good thing I live and work in a good neighborhood

Looks good

pioneer is life

As in EQ settings? I don't use any of that because I'm usually after flat frequency response and low distortion/noise.