/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Buttmad slows edition

Not sure whether the game is for you or not? Free trial weekend starts 3/30 and runs through 4/3, come find out. Check FNN 11 for more details.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials and Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for pc you have to join using the link and xbone you need to request entry in the thread.

>News
FNN 11: titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/
Colony Trailer: youtu.be/fCCckqclBoA

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11482/colony-reborn-the-patch-notes#latest
syampuuh.github.io/mods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder

What Titan should I use if I'm Australian?

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

scorch, he's fat and hot

is australian internet even good enough for this game?

Play scorch desu.

The free weekend is upon us. I hope everyone's ready to reap the fresh salt from the BF/CoD babies.

>reminder
Of your autism maybe.

Ronin. You're closer to Japan than most of us.

I DEMAND THE CIRCLEJERK ALLOW EVERYONE INTO THE GROUP

LEAFS SHALL RULE /tfg/.
fuck the ausies

You must have at least one bar of gold to post here
Not so fast canada

When does the update go live?

haven't got matched with any trial players yet. Could the matchmaking actually be working properly?

Bored of Overwatch and pretty much every other major FPS, how active/big is the PC player base for Titanfall 2?

It is currently almost 7pm on 3/29 on the US' West Coast. Respawn is based on the west coast. The update and the free weekend will not be live until tomorrow.

2~3k averages at reasonable hours. It's a relatively small playerbase but due to the mixtape matchmaking you find games quickly regardless. And the Free Weekend will do nothing but increase those numbers.

It's big enough you'll be able to find games whenever you want.

Your country must have never lost a war.
Not so fast Australia. Go service your Emu masters.

tfw missed stack

Alright, pack it in no more posting from anyone

:^)

Negative.

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll try it out this weekend and we'll see :]

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11482/colony-reborn-the-patch-notes#latest

Patch notes boys!

Those tactical changes
Muh fuckin dick

>no r97 rollback
>not taking phase and arc nades down to one charge each
Tactical changes are nice, but what the fuck? This is a balance update with no real balance changes other than to make Holo Viable and A-Wall properly counterable.

>Holo given 162% more ruse

Kek.

>no G2 nerf

:V

recommended DPI/sens?

>Flame shield nerf
Gonna suck, dunno what I'm going to use now.
Extra thermite?

G2 is fine because you have to ADS to use it at all. R97 needs the nerf. Or, more precisely, needs rolled back by one balance patch. They've buffed it twice now. The first one balanced it and the second one came for no reason and made it the cancer meta gun. If that thing just gets knocked back a peg then nothing will really overshadow anything else. Balance will be had.

Whatever works for you. Low. Play around with it.

>nerf
Like, kinda? Inferno Shield's damage and duration is unchanged, the base non-kitted shield just got a buff to it's duration which was done to make kits other than Inferno viable. I dunno, I'll still run it.

Tone buff when?

Ehhh agreed, mild rollback would be acceptable.

Scorched Earth fuck it, bank all on the Core.

(you)

Never change your DPI setting from whatever the sensor default of your mouse is.

>mild rollback would be acceptable.
Yeah I hope some redditors complain hard enough that it wasn't in the balance patch notes that it gets added last minute, like what happened with the Hemlok. The bullet hose underdog smg is currently more cancerous than A-wall/devotion and this is unacceptable.

And I wonder if they're even considering knocking phase down to one charge

>A-wall destroyable
Good move. I wonder how much punishment it can take before it goes down, particularly against Titans. Only time I really used the tactical was to asmr and deal with an opposing team that had too many Titans when my team had none.

>implying bait
Tone was nerfed to shit tier. Buff when?

It still makes the shield do more damage. Which will make it a go to on Bounty Hunt at the very least.

RANDOM EXECUTIONS BOYS

Why would that be a thing?

Because changing your DPI past what the sensor can handle introduces interpolation errors. I don't even know why the fuck they let people change it.

>Charge Rifle

Charge Hack mod is now a Quick Shot mod instead of Instant Shot.

what does this even mean?

Short charge instead of no charge? It seems pretty self explanatory.

"quick shot" could easily mean the same thing as instant shot but thats obviously not the case. its a vague description, not self explanatory.
im guessing that is the case though

Ahh nifty, I glossed over that.

I'll probably use it after I get my fill of Skorpioning fellas.

low. 1800 dpi here, can't change it, and I play on 1.00 sens, it's still TOO HIGH. Any other game, even ancient ones, lets me set it to 0.5 or something, but not in TF2.

>Thunderbolt is slower and has a smaller AOE, but hits harder
>Holo Pilot improvements
>A-Wall destroyable
>Titans build core slower from dealing damage to Titans
>Pilots no longer marked with a battery icon after a successful rodeo
>Flame Shield rebalanced
>Can now see grunts on the mini-map in Attrition
Neato.

Anyone having ping issues? I'll chose the closest data center with 33 ping, but when I get in game it shoots up to 600 or 1000 and often stays there for minutes. I'm not downloading torrents or anything. No idea what is going on. But I can grapple across the map and then warp back to where I started.

>Play Scorch on Titan vs Titan
>Have to run gauntlet of Northstar, Tone, Legion, and Ion
>Lose all my health
>Can't even damage them from across the map
>Die
What's the point in Scorch again?

Nestling yourself into cute little corners and alcoves and fucking any fool who tries to get close senseless.

He is only consistently good on maps that let you reliably back people into chokepoints or break LOS

pretty good. was hoping for some more weapon balance but this is good overall.

Area Denial and Trapping.

Scorch works well with coordination and thinking. You want to damage Titans on long range then Northstar or Legion might be better, you think?

cause lowering it doesnt cause problems and thats generally what people do when changing dpi

I've already played legion and Northstar so much. I wanna play something different.

>Most of Inferno Shield's functionality rolled into the baseline shield
>Fuel for the Fire lets Scorch throw more Firewalls
>Flame Core and Firewall can no longer be extinguished by electric smoke
I'd say it's a net gain for Scorch. He needed some more kit variety, because he was Inferno Shield or bust.

>Fixed a bug where Fire Wall and Flame Core were still being extinguished by Atomic Smoke
>a bug
I, uh, okay? Weird to call that a bug, but a nice change all the same.

1. That doesn't prevent the sensor from flipping out
2. Just lower your sensitivity instead of messing with the mouse DPI

>Added 9 new victory animations
we overwatch now

At least thermite traps can still be extinguished I hope

Sensitivity can only go so low and is dependent on the game's settings. In some games it might be fine, not in this one.

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but the problem is that Titanfall 2's minimum sensitivity is too high.

Electric smoke can still douse thermite from Scorch's primary, from the sounds of it.

>Only time I really used the tactical was to asmr
Pilot calmingly whispering in your ears never.

Well don't try to play Scorch out of his wheelhouse.

I'd suggest a Ion week to decompress from long ranging it.

>Various fixes to improve overall movement
>Various improvements to Pilot melee

But what are they changing exactly to improve it?

>Pilots no longer marked with a battery icon after a successful rodeo

Whats the point of that? Make rodeos less risky? Why not just let us jump off on the direction we're holding.

I just really hope that the climbing animation is sped up. No clue about what they're doing to melee.

It was mentioned in a Reddit thread that they were trying to get feedback to give the Pilot a little more incentive to rodeo Titans and not be painted with such a giant target such as to suffer immediate Titan reprisal. There were multiple suggestions, including "turn off the battery icon" and "let the Pilot choose which way he jumps off" among others. Respawn obviously decided to go for the first option.

it was bullshit that flame wall would just not come out if you were near smoke. like scorch doesnt have it hard enough as it is.

Turning off the icon doesn't save anyone from a player that has the muscle memory to spin right on time for punishment. What about anti rodeo moves like tone firing into the wall or Northstar being able to cluster pilots off their back? Can't can't blame them for choosing the easier option though.

>Enemy npcs appear on the minimap in Attrition
Thank god.

>Amped Wall can now be destroyed
People barely played this kit before and now no one will at all. rip

>Removed the icon on top of a battery that would appear after a Pilot stole a battery via Rodeo
The green light is still going to kill you.

>Advocate Gifts will now default to rewarding random cosmetic items instead of credits. This should help players who primarily play one type of loadout get more cosmetic rewards
Yes, good.

all they do in there are erp anyway

>reduced cooldown on flame wall

im actually going to use this

Can a cutie show me how to get that mod that shows yer speed

Read the OP.
>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials and Mods
>syampuuh.github.io/mods

are any of you gonna buy Legion Prime?
I kind want to but then I really like this orange warpaint

So just use the Stoic Orange?

>r97 and ion remain unchecked until next patch

wew

whats the music they use in the colony trailer?

i feel like all music they sample for the game is from the same single song.

what kits do you guys use for each Titan?

>not changing coliseum back from spamball and mozambique
Garbage patch.

>they nerf dice
oh come on thats like the boost I use

Seems really out of nowhere, I don't think even Reddit had an issue with it at all.

I think it was just the high probability of getting a really good roll for no effort at all.
>Get 1 kill
>Roll Smart Pistol

Seemed to happen way more than getting a battery or the A-Holo.

>the unbeatable satisfaction of rolling amped weapons, saving it, and getting a smart pistol 2 minutes later
Honestly, they should have just added varied weighting to the how to the boosts are rolled based on their value for their original charges, but I guess that would have been too much work. This won't change much outside of Live Fire and the first 2 minutes of every other match anyway I guess.

Thanks babe

Why the fuck can Prime Titans not use he War paints anyways? They're like 7 Canadian pesos a piece and you can't even use the best looking camos on them.

its likely because of livefire. devs probably dont like people getting amped weapons/shit pistol with 1 kill.

>Ronin phases out of your Tether Trap
>Right into the auxiliary tethers
>mfw

Double tethers is a meme but is sure is satisfying critting immobile Titans in the face

UV maps are different and their artists were too lazy to redo up all the warpaints for the new titans.

it's almost as if boosts just shouldn't be in live fire
what idiots

>leaving a snail trail of tethers in LTS
>one guy keeps getting caught backing up his team
>piercing shot on

Welcome to the kill zone fuckers.

Livefire
Boosts with cooldown
>only phase rewind, hardcover, ticks and holo nova

>excluding boosts
>limiting the ways people can play

How about you just get good, you whiny cunt. It's mouthbreathing elitists like yourself that drive people away from this game.

you're right, they should enable titans in live fire

did they nerf grapple boost jump or something?
I feel much slower for some reason

Does anybody know how frothyshit makes his game look more gray?

No, they haven't touched grapple at all yet. You may be doing something wrong.

Post your prism

I got a truck. I hain't seen nobody else with a truck yet either

Cause its a shit banner.

Considering it was meant to be destroyed by the base in the first place, I'm guessing it'll only be able to be destroyed by there.

exactly like this, by being soulless and depressed

fuck you my truck banner is awesome