/ORG/ - Off Road General

>100 Series is pigfat overpriced IFS Edition

zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619
discord.gg/SenfAyU
watracing.com/?product=off-road-general

ITT:
Toyota fanboys hype themselves up to pay double the market value of a vehicle with a market value twice it's real value
Underage kids posting pictures of Toyota and Lexus SUVs they don't own
Pretending IFS is best because you don't "need" SFA
CC81PT is back!
Overlanding general
Suburban general
Shitposting general

Other urls found in this thread:

portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6138095308.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6119127319.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wkUKJX1VEpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>getting so btfo in the last thread you have to make an asshurt post about it
holy shit this is beyond pathetic

kek pretty much
i really dont even care about toyotas or suburbans but that guy couldnt even come up with a response to the argument he started.

this shit is so tired op. you must be like 16 this is seriously cringeworthy

Alright /org/y, I am a complete poorfag who bought a $500 '92 Ranger for offroading. It was honestly a fucking steal.

Anyway, I completely destroyed the two rear tires. The front two are not in good condition either. The dipshit who owned the Ranger before me put 14s on it for whatever reason too.

For these reasons, I want to find the cheapest >15 wheels and offroad tires possible. How much do you guys estimate I will spend?

This is a good thread so far

what size tires? really depends desu.
i dont know a whole lot about rangers but assuming you can fit 31s youd probably be looking at $800 or so for a set of wheels and tires
if i were you id just be perusing craigslist. you can sometimes find a decent deal on a set of both

will the retarded _____ is better than ____ shitposting ever cease? i mean fucking op had to start the thread by doing it. so fucking obnoxious.

can someone make a different /org/ and we all just agree to stop responding to this one? this assmad burb bitch really does not like to create comfy threads

Fucking this. What a triggered little faggot.

Cheapest wheels and tires can be found on craigslist. Just gotta be quick about it because otherwise they'll be gone the next day.

I agree

I like my Toyota though :/ and I own it, so that's a plus

I'm severely not him, but, you have to be pretty pissed off to carry arguments from one thread to the next. I know your mom told you about letting things go, so go upstairs and ask her to explain it again.

NEW AND LESS TRIGGERED THREAD FRIENDOS

THIS ONE HAS RUN ITS COURSE
I REPEAT, THIS ONE HAS RUN ITS COURSE

Cool.

>butthurt samefagging toyota fanboy is unhappy with ORG
stick to toyota general next time kiddo

Piss off you retarded fucking samefag.

Looks like Tayburb is voting GM.

Cheapest route will be buying used on Craigslist. You can likely find stock 15s with shitty tires for damn near free and then you just needs a decent set of tires to fit them. If you can find some shitty cheapo 17s, you can run the stock JK Rubicon tires that a lot people take off and sell for cheap.

If you're here Bedlined Suburban Guy, I picked up the major piece of my DB2 6.5 conversion today. 16196390 is the TCM needed for a DB2 6.5 with a 94+ 4L80e. They're $400 online, I just picked this one up for $50 from the local scrap yard since they're tearing down HMMWVs to recycle.

All the parts for my rear end are coming in Thursday, and Its getting assembled Friday hopefully.
I cant hardly wait.

Building a 14 bolt?

Is a 90s Suburban with a Cummins 12 valve swap the ultimate driving machine?

I don't know about driving machine but it might be the ultimate expedition platform.

Nah, throwing about $1100 in a crappy chrysler 9.25 axle.

Ouch. At least you'll be locked and geared with new brakes for that price I'm assuming?

It's the ultimate machine for driving a kind of way
Is that pic yours?

Just locker, and gears. shits expensive.

Are throttle body spacers a meme?

Negative. Mine's just got a 350.

Yes, complete meme.
TB spacers, open element "CAIs", flipped air cleaner lid, etc. All memes.

That seems awfully expensive just for locker and gears. What locker did you get?

Nah, square bodies are better than grunge era Suburbans.

They were made into the 90s.

Has anyone ever seen Tacofag and yellow YJ user in the same place? They're obviously the same person.

Detroit locker for 670
Yukon gears for like 280
yukon minor kit for 35
yukon crush sleeve eliminator for like 30
I may have rounded it up a tad

>Detroit locker
CLUNK

Damn the 14 bolt Detroit is only $450.
You should have gone with cheaper gears.

I figure I might as well go for something known to be good because I'm going to beat on it at every stoplight and turn.
the cheap option was like $230 for gears.

there is no other option except a $1000 airleaker

>there is no other option
I was implying endearment
Detroit Lockers are solid as fuck, good choice

Oh, I just assume a clunk is bad.

I was really leaning to a LSD because my poor poor axle shafts, but fuck it.

portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6138095308.html
Should I?

They tend to make noises when they engage and disengage while cornering. It's normal

>portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6138095308.html

Fuck no. holy fuck.
those things are like 1000 stock and even that is a lot.

I mean, if it has upgraded axle shafts, a locker or two, and the lift is sort of professional with correct caster and pinion angles.
Then it may be worth like 2000.

They're asking far too much for a 20 year old rig with a rebuilt title

You should definitely go for it if you're willing to negotiate a reasonable price

>rebuilt title

What would be reasonable

Wait who here lives in New River? Post your shitbox I probably know you irl

Have to get body work done on my TJ, some fucking stolen valor nigger crowbarred my hood

Pics?

WHICH ONE DO I POST IN??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Just get in discord, we had a great conversation

hello friends i went offroading in the weekend with 2 nissan patrols and they got stuck but I didnt yay

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6119127319.html
whats the catch?

secret 350k miles?

Good place to look for offroad bumpers for these years of suburbans?

>$140 off rooftop tent I want on youknowwhatsiteausfags
>runs out midnight
>over my limit on zip pay so can't order, paypal is being a fucking bitch

Noice, can't wait till the rain picks up here, really want to see how much it takes to get the 105 stuck, only been able to run through drying up wheel ruts since I got it. Where's this?

Herekino, NZ

Never really thought of NZ as mud central but then I'm just retarded.

>tfw got my first 4x4
C-can I finally join /ORG/?

Mostly just clay unless you get some good private property.

Not until you get your snorkel, 6 inch lift kit, 33 inch mud tyres, bullbar, winch, 4 LED light bars, roof rack and Black Ice air freshener. Sorry, rules are rules.

What made you choose an old explorer?

Don't roll it

Why do you guys jerk off to the Suburban when the Excursion is the better stock offroader?

Solid axles F/R (Dana 60/Sterling 10.5) Front even has locking hubs
Turbodiesel option from stock
Much better towing abilities
Better interior
Plus, it can fit 35" tires with just a couple leveling blocks

>stock offroader
post hidden

If it's good when stock, it would be even better when modified.

I think you're missing the biggest benefit of a Burb. The fact there's so many of the pieces of shit it's easy to find a near immaculate example for pocket change.

The fact remains however you need to fit Excursion parts to a Suburban to make it equal to an Excursion in terms of capability.

Too bad they werent all 7.3l. Hard to find a good one when you have to sift through seas of 5.4 and v10 shit buckets.

>see some ugly ass lifted van around town
>think it's some retarded cunt who lifted a kids carrier and fitted it with mud tyres and a shitty ass bull bar because his wife cucked him into buying it instead of an actual 4WD
>learn of the legend of the Delica
youtube.com/watch?v=wkUKJX1VEpE
These monstrosities are actually semi decent offroad

for such an unassuming vehicle this thing

*Handles well

They're awesome. Literally a Pajero/Montero with a Starwagon body on top. Fuck the Suburban, I'd choose either one of these or a Landcruiser Troop Carrier as the best all round overlander.

What's the consensus on land Rover Discoveries? How do they hold up against Heep Cherokees?

DELETE THIS
YOU CAN NOT BUY THESE FOR UNDER $10,000.
PRICES ARE SKYROCKETING

>Solid axles F/R
It's SFA but the suspension is pretty terrible and it doesn't have much more travel than an average IFS truck unless you spend tons of money.

>Dana 60
No Excursion ever came from the factory with a Dana 60, ever. All of the 4x4 Excursions got the red headed step child, the Dana 50 in the front. So if you want true 1 tons and decent suspension, you're going to have to spend just as much in mods as you would have to SAS a Suburban.

>Front even has locking hubs
Not really a huge advantage. Locking hubs =/= locker

>Turbodiesel option from stock
Same for the Suburban up to 99. You can still get a Duramax swapped 00+ for around the same price as a diesel Excursion.

The biggest reasons are that you can find a clean Suburban for $3k, a clean Excursion with the shitty 5.4 for $6k, or a clean Excursion with the 7.3 for $8k. So, price.

Then there's parts availability, parts cost, and ease to work on. Suburban wins in all of these regards.

ARB.

In complete honesty I didn't want it at first. My dad saw it on CL for 2000, maintained out the ass, basically told me this was THE truck. I was a pussy and didn't want a manual but I ended up saying fuck it.
Couldn't be happier honestly, but I'm still learning about them so any info would be appreciated
B-But muh 4x4

>of course taytaytaytay

>Underage kids posting pictures of Toyota and Lexus SUVs they don't own
speak for yourself
:^)

No but really... Can someone TL;DR me on the drama that habban'd in the last threabb?

>Can someone TL;DR me on the drama that habban'd in the last threabb?

>anon1 brings up high resale of LCs as if it's a reason to buy an 80 series
>anon2 points out that 90s Suburbans have finished depreciating and have appreciated over the past few years, making them a better buy for someone that cares about maintaining value
>anon1 spergs out and says you used to get 80 series for $5k but now you can't touch them under $10k
>anon3 posts an 80 series in this thread for $4k
>anon1 creates safespace thread where he doesn't have to look at facts that contradict his fanboyism

>discussion starts with 100 series
>Mr Cummy starts samefagging on about how 40 series are appreciating

>anon3 posts an 80 series in this thread for $4k
hey, that was me (but before the "drama")! I've messaged like three or four of my friends to buy that thing right now for $5500CAD

It's 200mi or so away from me but that dribe isn't much to buy an LC for 5k, HOWEVER, these are people selling them for really high mileages and will need both TLC and a few thousand to get it trail ready.

In the same breath, some places in the US do have LCs going for like $15k (but they also have XJs going for really high like $6k)

Why is it so hard for people to be nice on /org/?

hello please drop in ur hot opinions before i do something stupid

>eaten alive by mosquitos
>kills 3 of them
>enough to make them into a 4oz steak
God I miss snow.

Where do you live user? My fab has one for sale for around $30k (canadian)

i'm middle eastern
i wanted a decommissioned humvee because it's just going to be abused to fuck and paying the extra for an actual h1 would be dumb

Rebosting from the ded threabb

>dis trail doe

[spoiler] fearing posting my (((lexus suv))) to not feed the flames[/spoiler]

just go operate near a US convey, kill them, and steal their humvee. what's the big deal?

get a land cruiser if you're outside of the US.

Fuck off retard.

We don't hate Lexus SUVs here. We just hate the people that try to justify their fanboyism with poor excuses.

It's like no one cares if you're gay, but if you say you're gay because it's got some sort of biological benefit and improves civilization, you can fuck right off with that bullshit.

haha xd
i would get a lc or a patrol but humvees looks much much cooler imo

ok

>it would be even better when modified
Why would you modify it to be worse? Do you even know what you are saying?

Yeah I just started reading a few of the thread... Does the LX470 actually have an IFS system? That is... just not right.

You can make patrols or land cruisers look cool for much cheaper prices. Also, because you're innadesert, have you considered the hiluxes or other pickup platforms?

If you were serious about importing a vehicle, you shouldn't be asking a chinese web weaving forum for help, desu sampai.

>Does the LX470 actually have an IFS system?
Yes.

I raged at those weird cargo baskets on my way home yesterday. Why do those little boat things on the top of your roof exist and why not just get a cargo net and a duffle bag for 50x cheaper?

They're great for keeping stuff dry and being sure it's not going to blow away, but given the extra cost of them and the loss in ease of use vs pretty much any other option, I don't really know why they're so popular.

i am serious
i just wanted something(humvees,not h1s) that isn't common here so nobody really knows about how well customs would take it
i'm also not in the southern part of the ME so getting a modern hilux or lc would cost a bit more than it would down south