Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wOlcB-JxkFw
itch.io/jam/rush-hour-jam
youtube.com/watch?v=zTZjyZst-wY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Op is a faggot

All of you guys should watch this before developing your game:

youtube.com/watch?v=wOlcB-JxkFw

Who posts here with the nicest art in their game?

So how many of you are jelly, angry, impotent nodevs?

Why are you upset?

Bokudev and you can fight me if you think otherwise fags.

@172496460
I would reply to this post but I couldn't find it.

>but you cant even find the player in this garbage

Best art is clearly Bokudev. Most interesting concept and possibly game play is Skellydev. Although with an art upgrade I'd play Dixie before all of them tbqhfam

Probably if you are controlling it but anyone who watches the game in a trailer or lets play wont understand what the fuck is going on and it will kill the games sales you idiot.

What happened to monster island guy?

Post a better looking game Dr. Nodev

Took me 2 loops to find it.

check his patreon (^:

MY EYES I CANT TELL WITH ALL THE MOVING SHIT WTF IS GOING ON

Living in squalor

GUYS, WE SPREAD TO /v/:

>everyone complains about one particular thing
>dev thinks it's just a meme and doesn't fix it

if you were to redesign this from the ground up to be playable, you would choose one color for the MC, one for enemies and traps and dangerous things, and one for interactibles. you would keep this color scheme consistent throughout the game.

Why the goatee though?

Literally swimming in his pool of money.

You're all a bunch of autistic fags HEAVILY nit picking who have never played a fucking video game before. Probably trolls from the discord.

>goatee

We told him ages ago his mc was shit and the cause for most of the clarity issues, but he didnt listen. But apparently listens to steamchat so.

Yes, but WHERE is he. Why is he no longer here.

If I make 20k a month I ain't posting here anymore. Just letting you know up front.

Why are you this way. Why do you have such a good looking game but one simple flaw that you won't fix? Why? ISHYGDDT

did he make a dramatic exit or was that just yandev

But why. I thought we were all friends here.

You disgust me.

When I make it big, making millions per month, I'm going to stick around and help fund yesdevs posting here.

Just a little heads-up:

Learn C++ and JavaScript for your game. Those are the two programming languages that are definitely needed to develop a game. C++ fpr almost everything, JavaScript for details that you are just too fucking lazy to do in C++. Like if you have subtitles, create a list of strings for all the subtitles in your game with JavaScript, and reference them from the file in your C++ code. Don't learn Java, don't learn Python, C++ and JavaScript.

The engine I'm using doesn't support those languages.

>don't learn Python, C++ and JavaScript.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. I won't learn Python, C++, and JavaScript.

What the fuck are you using? If it doesn't support them, ditch the fucking language. Really, if it doesn't support JavaScript, it's fine, just use C++ for the subtitles, but if your engine has NO C++ support WHAT-SO-EVER, ditch it. It's a shit engine if so.

>create a list of strings for all the subtitles in your game with JavaScript,
You're dumb, you don't use a scripting language for pure data.
Hell this whole post better be bait.

if I make a 3d chess game will you guys play it?

Fuck me what is python actually good for?

>when I make it big

>ditch the fucking language
Yeah I already did, fuck C++.

this exist s. and it's called, ""POLITICS"

>He doesn't believe in the power of visualization
>He doesn't have the Mamba Mentality
YKHIKY won't make it?

Did you know that a comma breaks up phrases as well as adds pauses? It's called a compound-sentence. It would be like if I had 2 strings, the first string named String1 that said "Don't learn Java, don't learn Python, " and the second name String2 that said "C++ and JavaScript. I could type "cout

LESS THAN 24 HOURS
itch.io/jam/rush-hour-jam
It's still a 2 week jam so you don't even need to hurry.

I was going to participate because I actually like those movies. But the jam's not about the movies? It's just some random theme?

No. Ditch the fucking language that is in your engine. Get a new engine aswell. C++ is the best language out there, you dingus!

That was just one example, I said above it "for anything that you are too lazy to do in C++". Having JavaScript as your second handy language is basically a Plan B for lazy people. ANYTHING you are to lazy to do.

Your strength is not in english. It was a shitty sentence, calm yourself.

You are just shitty at remembering things you learned in the 4th grade. If you don't know what a compound sentence is, you are too far lost.

I just want to be successful in gamedev

Someone show me the light and I will go

C++ AND JAVASCRIPT: IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN ENGINE, USE UNREAL 4.

Brother. C++ and Javascript full stop is not a sentence. Your wording was confusing, just stop embarrassing yourself. I'm not the user that originally replied to you

I want to make a game with only the tools that come preinstalled on windows.

what do

You should never intentionally make a sentence ambiguous like that. All you had to do was use a semicolon, or just a period.

How awful would it be for me to implement p2p multiplayer in my game? I'm not sure I can afford/deal with things like servers.

The fact that you even brought that up means that you have something to prove. Stop fucking samefagging.

a comma should go before the conjunction and in a list of three or more items, and you listed three items, did you learn that in the 4th grade?

Just let the players host their own server.

Use the Steam servers, they allow hosting your multiplayer on their servers as long as your game is on Steam. P2P would be horrible. If one person sucks, everyone else will suck.

No. Steam servers.

Third user here.

You suck at writing and your posts are retarded nonsense, C++ and JavaScript.

>as long as your game is on Steam
That's the hard part.

Fourth user here.

I am totally not samefagging, C++ and JavaScript.

>can't afford $100 to get it on Greenlight and/or their game idea isn't interesting enough to get voted on
If you think your idea might not interest people, DON'T MAKE THE FUCKING GAME. If you can't afford $100... oh, user.

C++ and GDScript are objectively the best languages.

I enjoy this C++ shitposter.

Thanks. I'll look into these. I'm not doing anything too serious in terms of competitive multiplayer, I just want players to be able to walk around and interact.

I enjoy "I enjoy ________" shitposters.

I can agree with you on C++.

Greenlight is going away, and it's going to cost more than $100 to get on Steam. There's no way I'll finish before Greenlight leaves.

How much will getting on steam cost do you all think?

Your demeanor here gives me reason todisregard your entire post. Part of growing up is acknowledging mistakes and accepting criticism in graceful fashion. Consider anger management.

$5000

Why the fuck are they doing-away with Greenlight? Also, why even do Greenlight for $100? If you are gonna get $100 worth of income, you might as well just pay the whole fucking Steam publisher fee to guarantee it gets put on Steam.

1000 bucks.

No, don't learn GDSCRIPT, C++ and Javascript.

I really hope english is not your first language

Make a CYOA game using folders, notepad documents, file shortcuts and so forth to represent the game's 'engine'. Players must follow the game's rules written in notepad documents and follow the story in order, on their honor. For instance you may open a 'forest' folder which has 3 notepad documents, each a choice of direction the player can go. They must read the document and then navigate to the next folder or document based on what choice they made. The game can also have several difficulties. The hard mode basically forces the player to navigate to the worst folders and always take the worst option in dialogue and quest choices.

Tell the players how to set up their desktop with a 'character' icon (this shortcut is actually their character in the game) and have them perform turn based battles against an opponent that uses predetermined 'moves' set in notepad documents and folders.

Whenever the player uses their move they have to click on the enemy's folder, find the defenses folder, and then click on what attack they used. If they used the right attack, they defeat, knock back, or otherwise injure the enemy. Several file folder icons would be their own player health and mana on the desktop.

Have a branching storyline with multiple factions the player can join, which determine what file folders and desktop icon they get to use.

All graphics are drawn in MSPaint.

Finally, use windows movie maker to create the different endings depending on what faction you joined, your ending karma, and how many of your allies died during the game.

It's literally that easy. Why haven't you made a game yet?

If we were all in the same room what would we be talking about?

damn that was some efficient bait, sorry user

God why? Steam already gets free money from all the games people put up there and they get a cut without any work on their own. Making it cost 1000 bucks will just limit the number of small budget titles people want to upload.

Make everything but the character desaturated

It is, I just over-use certain aspects of it to the point where it would really warrant it's own sentence, logically. I like taking detours in speech. It's a habit I started when I was really little and having quit.

Reported. Not game related.

My assumption is that Steam wants to limit the weapon-grade low quality shit. Greenlight is filled with games that will never make $50, but drag down the overall reputation of Steam.

>Making it cost 1000 bucks will just limit the number of small budget titles people want to upload.

That's the point

Probably $100 or a bit more. They're charging per game now so I don't see why it has to be a lot more expensive than Greenlight.

A nodev posted
C++ and Javascript
No game was in sight

- Your daily /agdg/ haiku

Progress for today: The enemy now regularly mixes up their guarding state, making it harder to just get free hits off on them unless you understand how their AI works.
The special bar also starts flashing when you've got enough of it to activate a super. it stops flashing if you take a hit and can't use your super anymore.

You could be making a microsoft windows-explorer based game right now.

But you playing.

Idea guy here:
A game where you repair spaceships.

What's the best way to handle window resizing in a 2D game?

>A) Scale all the pixels upwards
>B) Keep the pixel size the same and just show more of the map
>C) Or design different versions of your game for all the different aspect ratios

Budget =/= shit quality.

Shorter games with lower costs to produce and developers who have lower scope are being bared easy access into selling their games on steam, which is a shame. Quality control on steam greenlight doesn't mean you had to shut it down, or make it so only large indies and heartbreaker dream games can get on their. It's a shame.

I have a real game to make

The idea is actually very cool. I think I would use xp or 2000, on a self-bootable usb. You can make folders with passwords, right? That's an easy way to gate content.

You can also do things like have a mspaint file with a grid of numbers, and you need the key that you find in another file. there might be some tricks you can pull with hidden images and the paint bucket too. Like fill 3 colors in the right order to reveal another password.

A/B, depends if it's okay for the player to see more/less depending on their window size. For a competitive online game, that would be a no-no. C is obviously not the best way. Make sure you letterbox instead of stretching pixels into rectangles when aspect ratios don't match and you're scaling up.

I couldn't tell the player at first
but, you could just zoom to it on the paused menu, kinda like smash.
also, once you know where it is it doesn't matter.
>Dixie
this desu

B for strategy games, where seeing more is not a balance issue, just reduced busywork when scrolling
A for everything else

>that feel when you realize C++ is too inefficient for my game
>that feel when you discover haskell

youtube.com/watch?v=zTZjyZst-wY

Program directly in machine code.

If you have Office you might be able to run Visual Basic programs.

Depends on the type of game, if it's a strategy/tycoon type of game then expanding the camera is best, but also add separate UI and graphics scale options.

If it's something with a fixed camera then a global window scale makes more sense, you shouldn't ever manually make different versions of your game.

Post game.

Undertale was a cheap as fuck game but it made millions. Restricting low "budget" games like that is a bit silly.

He has no game, just a shitposting /g/aylord

B) if your gameplay can take it without shittinh up balance or level design. But keep it within a certain range. So you design the game around say being 360 pixels tall. For a 720 screen, that means that its 2x scale. From 720 - 1080, it stays 2x scale but the amount you can see gets bigger, until you hit 1080, then it snaps to 3x scale, until it hits 1440, etc etc.

I wanted to do this for a jam game but couldnt figure out the code in time.