Godmachine

Name a better enthusiast car made in the last 5 years. Protip: it's impossible.

>can be had brand new for 20k
>manual only to keep out plebs
>only FWD that can oversteer on power
>no gimmicks or bullshit, just a traction control switch
>super fast steering rack precise enough for brain surgery
>great aftermarket support, with some 3rd parties being supported by Ford
>more torque than a midsize truck
>king of autocross and 2WD rally
>cheap and practical to own

Admit it, this is the true Ultimate Driving Machine

You want me to name a better enthusiasts car in the last year, yet you put a price limit at 20k? A brand new 20k car will never be an "enthusiasts" car.

Best hot hatch made this decade desu

Nothing else comes close to being as fun to drive

>enthusiasts car
No, it's a cheap shit box marketed towards wanna enthusiasts whose limit of being a car guy is spending 50 hours researching which flash tune+catback combo to get and taking it to a fag tier hpde once every few months

hurr you cant be an INTHUSIAST unless you spend mega bucks on muh porch or bee emm dubya

pro tip- if you were a real enthusiast you could have fun in anything with wheels and an engine

>enthusiast car
>can't turn off torque vectoring

Yeah I'm looking into getting one after I graduate. The thing that's stopping me though is that one it's a great price for a new car but it's still buying a car new which imo is a pretty bad value decision, and also that while the look has grown on me it does still look a little engorged. I would like it a lot better if they made it a little slimmer off the top.

Holy fuck nobody cares but you, stop whining about it

Obvious bait but.

Alpha Platform 2016- V6 Camaro can be had for under 20,000 now and its way faster and less gay than a fucking fiesta.

>V6 in a car meant for V8
>less gay
what did he mean by this?

Yeah but you will always deal with people asking you if it's a v8

Just look at the brz, it's basically the fiesta but gets way more hate because it was supposed to be so much more.

Or you know you could buy an older car and fix it up or something... not buy the cheapest brand new shitbox with the longest warranty and free servicing period you could get finance approved for

335hp, 0-60 in 4.9 and a great exhaust note. And doesnt look like a econo shitbox with silly ST badges. Op said under 20k. V8 tards still dont get it do they....

>V6
>great exhaust note
no seriously what are you trying to convey here?

>caring what other people think
>needing other dudebro approval to buy a car
>being this insecure

Who cares, u buy a car because you like it and it fills your needs. Who gives a shit about dale from the gas station lol.

yea but

>v6

>funnels engine noise inside to sound louder than it actually is

Lmfao

>not a focus RS

Go back to plebtown with the rest of your rabble

And???

A GTR is a V6
The ford gt is a V6
370z V6
M3 - V6

Wtf is wrong with V6 engines again?

Posts garbage cars and expects me to change my mind

BOI

also the real ford gt is a vee ate not some piss ant v6

and the gud bmws had straight 6 engines

Yah I completely agree the thing is the user I'm responding to is saying a camaro is less gay than a fiesta. That's literally buying a car for dudebro approval.

Also I still think it kind of sucks buying a suboptimal version of a car. Also a used camaro vs a new fiesta is a pretty unfair comparison, no shit the used car is going to be better value. A brand new v6 camaro is like 10k more than a fiesta.

>list of modern cars whomst's predecessors originally used god tier I6's instead (with the exception of the GT which was a V8)
>expects this to justify the purchase of a V6 car that was meant to have a V8 and is still sold with a V8

GT86

inb4 MUH POWER!!!>>>>!!!!!@@@@??

>M3
>V6

v6S ARE SHIT BECAUSE THEY ARE INHERENTLY UNBALANCED AND NEED HUGE BALANCE SHAFTS TO EVEN WORK

tbdesu a 15k toyobaru with another 5k put in supercharger kit, tuning, and tires is a bretty good 20k car

>alfa romeo giulia quadrifoglio is a v6 twin turbo

Checkmate

Even stock they are great cars, Veeky Forums understands a under powered car with great handling when it's an anime meme car, but not when it's a gt86

Veeky Forums really needs to get in their head that the new V6 Camaro, Ecoboost mustang and the like are not muscle cars. They are affordable american sports coupes while the V8 remains an option for those with a more liberal budget.

The V6 camaro is fast (E46 M3 and 335i level) and sounds good, the ecoboost mustang also holds its own and has a great aftermarket.

Thought experiment: If the new camaro V6 was not called a camaro and was instead marketed as a sports/enthusiast coupe and the V6 was the biggest engine available, will Veeky Forums still hate it?

Get muscle car out of your head and compare it to 370z's and Bimmer 6 cylinders like the 335i and E46 m3.

>Veeky Forums really needs to get in their head that the new V6 Camaro, Ecoboost mustang and the like are not muscle cars
>non V8 american sports cars are not muscle cars
Yes, I have that in my head.

the rs is in the same boat. spending 40k+ on a shitty hatchback where you could spend the same amount of money and NOT look like a boyracer faggot.

Some people don't understand hot hatches. Trying to compare the ST and a camero is retarded. They are two completely different cars

Which is funny because the thing was made in Homage to the meme car.

It's a good car, but I feel you're overhyping it.

>this decadd
> implying the up! GTI won't blow this turd out of the water
jej

>GT86
>"MUH TOONER CAR PLATFORM
>Compression ratio so high it can't have FI stock

>Fiesta ST lost a cilinder
>now comes with cuckmode 2 cilinder idle + low demand cruising
>"fun"

They are both completely different cars for completely different people.
Both good at what they are aiming for.

It's the same shit as when people try to compare a Hellcat to a Mustang.

Busrider detected. How's that smelly ass end of public transit treating you?

The camaro isn't fucking under 20k though unless you buy it used. How is that a fair comparison?

If you get a used fiesta even though it's a relatively new car you can still get it for at least 5k less than the camaro.

By the way, I still don't get why no one talks about this since it's such a huge cost of having a car, but insurance is very different between those cars. From looking around, the Camaro is about twice as expensive to insure.

Also the BRZ/86 looks so much better than the Fiesta. It's one of the better looking modern japanese cars.

I take it you're american and not familiar with the other european hot hatches? Last 5 years is enough to throw the Clio 3 RS in the mix (Clio 4 is a turd of a car), which is a very serious contender for best modern hot hatch, and right in the same size bracket as the FiST. Hell even the Mégane RS is in, being essentially a FiST in a bigger power package.
The FiST is a great car no doubt (I rate it 3rd best modern hot hatch easily, right after those 2), but there's more to it than just what's sold in the US.

>it's this retard again

this is the most basic of cars, this is what people buy if they don't know cars.

correction: stock turbo cars are what people buy when they dont know cars

So what do people who know cars buy then

base models

>M3 - V6

This is how I know to ignore your opinion

>this is what people buy if they don't know cars
The rx-8?

This. Not sure where all this mightier than thou bullshit is coming from.

If only it didn't have such awful "features"

Still a V6

You know you can turn it off if you would rather sit in silence.

>he thinks a Ford eco hatch built in Mexico is good
K E K

You mean unplug it under the bonnet

>Ford
Already ruined

>Liking a Mexican built Mazda over Japanese built Mazda
>Literally why

No it fucking wasn't

Fiesta is better than the Clio. I've driven both, the Fiesta just felt more alive, more fun.

Dunt know about meagan though

I had the opposite impression, the Clio felt more rewarding to me.
It takes a bit more effort to drive fast though, I'll give you that.

Um.. yeah it was, retard.

The gt86 should have had a 2AR-BEAMS desu

the fiesta st has a sound symposer too you faggot

it's been this way since the mk2 Focus ST which the yanks missed out on

>tfw bought the automatic version

Why didn't I start lurking Veeky Forums in 2014

there is no automatic ST

You didn't even buy an ST

The ST uses purely acoustic methods for the sound symposer, it doesn't use speakers to make fake sound.

you're right, is there a big difference between the st version and the standard one ?

A red badge and a false sense of muh enthusiasm

>FWD that can oversteer on power
what?
>super fast steering rack precise enough for brain surgery
in a ford. k. you probably meant the toyobaru twins.
I almost immediately disregarded your whole bait post for the simple fact that it's a ford and ford will always be ultimate shit tier even here in Europe.
If you buy a ford, you are automatically the lowest of the low. Buying a Skoda is literally better than buying a ford.

let me tell you why:
>absolutely shit quality
you confirmed it yourself when saying brand new for 20k. why do you think it's that cheap yet claim all that MUH TORKKS and MUH POWUR. it's because that's probably the only thing they focused on and put the engine in a favela tier cardboard chassis. Oh wait, you faggots here only care about an engine, my apologies. The rest of the car doesn't matter obv, only 0-60 times and muh tork xD
>it's a ford
>it's a ford
and
>it's a ford
I don't know how many times I have to say it for this to be perfectly clear. No matter how much you shill it the car is ultimately a peasant-mobile.

If youre going to talk about shitty ford hatchbacks you should at least use the focus rs as an example at least it doesnt suck as much.

Everything even slightly is going to be that way soon with the next nine years seeing an 8db reduction in the maximum sound level a car can produce (remembering that every 10db is a doubling of sound pressure that's a 42% reduction in sound pressure).

What's wrong with fords lmao, my old mk1 focus is still going strong at 120,000 miles

no one said a car is not gonna last you for a long time, no matter how shit it is.
I'm telling you that there is a difference between makes and models and price ranges and what companies have to do to make a car in a specific price range.

There's also a difference between brands. Just how Skodas are just as good as Volkswagens and Volkswagens are just as good as Audis. But there is a clear difference between them. Be it in the chassis, the interior, the technologies the car has; While newer cars are fitted with more technologies that are prone to failure (blame the market for this, since they delibaretely make stuff to break in order to make a profit from selling parts), they are undoubtedly better than old cars. Also, an Audi (for example), while bearing many similarities with a VW or a Skoda, will always be better than both of them from many aspects, like I said, either better interior, better engine, better chassis, better windows, better seats, better whatever.

There are price ranges, manufacturers, and brands for a reason.
No matter how hard you try to compare your shitbox to better brands it will forever be just that, a shitbox. And I am saying this objectively.

Same as I am objectivelly telling you that Ford is a garbage brand, especially known here in europe that while they do make decent to good cars, they are always absolute trash in various aspects and, for the money, you can get a better car from a better brand.

Let me guess it's only on it's 4th engine and 6th transmission

blue one

Turbo
Forged pistons
Badging
Sportier suspension
Summer tires
Torque vectoring
Dual exhaust
Getrag transmission

I have my fiesta st tuned to e30
263 wheel torque with only a drop in air filter and intercooler
for a car that weighs 2700 pounds with sticky summer tires and stiff shocks and excellent handling its a blast.

>M3
>V6
BMW produces V6 since when????
I don't even dislike the V6 camaro btw but seriously man M3 V6?
Maybe Porsche 911 has a V6 too?

The Giulia Q is ridiculously overpriced shit though.

Fiesta ST vs V6 Camaro from CarMax.

Which would you rather have? They're about the same price, bit I'd imagine girls would like the Camaro more. If the girl was skinny, she might like the recaros in the fiesta though.

>I am objectively telling you that Ford is a garbage brand
kek okay bud, that's a nice opinion. Also it's subjective since what you're saying isn't a fact fuckin tard

Doesn't matter what it is, just how you drive it!

I know this is bait, but price bracketing isn't indicative of quality by a long shot. Maserati's are absolutely shit, despite heritage and price bracket. And if you really car so much about shit besides driving dynamics, then why the fuck are you on Veeky Forums. I would expand what you wrote further, and say that anyone who buys a new budget-box car and wants "enthusiast" thrills should do their homework and just buy some old shitbox sports car with actual speed for weekends plus a cheapo used daily and save $10k. An AWD turbo 3g Eclipse can be had for like $5k and while being shit, they're faster than a fucking fiesta, GTI, or skoda shit box.

Why would you buy 2 cars though, that's double the insurance double the taxes and double the driveway space needed. Not to mention it adds nothing for practicality vs buying a truck+beater daily.

you dont know fun until you have done hektic skidz in an open diff v8 truck thats beat to shit

If you can't pay double your insurance and taxes RIGHT NOW you cannot afford to go fast. Maybe earn some money, get some experience and try again kiddo. How can you expect to have enough experience behind the wheel when you can't even pay 2 car payments?

>Maybe Porsche 911 has a V6 too?

Well technically it does..........

Insurance doesn't go up much for a second car. Registration is a who cares thing in my state...every other year you pay like $40 and have to pass an emissions test, which is usually just a OBD2 code check. Garage space is cheap.

The only thing I can do is make the Countach.

>Name car the 86
>Not a homage
How did you graduate?

Depends. 2015> maro V6 sucks. 2016 V6 camaro is a breddy good american sports enthusiast coupe.

I almost got a fist, found the Elantra sport to be nicer

>this looks like the closest I'm going to get to a current ST general

Any actual FoRS owners ITT?
Can give real life highway MPG and maintenance schedules/costs?

Are you seriously thinking about blowing 45k on a focus?

>Protip: it's impossible.

maybe in the american market.
we've had hot hatches in europe for a long time.
don't get too used to it.
now that trump has made changes to the NAFTA trade agreement (they'll have to basically build the cars in the US once the changes come into place) you can forget about ford or any other manufacturer bringing cars like this to the US market in the future.

>FWD teenage girls car strapped to a pissweak turbo as a formality
>remotely an enthusiast car

Good one op, you actually made me reply

Maybe. The other options being a Subaru or a Honda?
Yes. Ford.

You have many better options at that price point, user.

I like the abarth better, those recap seats are fucking painful

Chevy SS.