As fast as your dollar can go

What is THE SINGLE fastest car/setup I can get for under $7k?
>used corvettes in my area are 10k+
>catfish camaros are $5-7k
>mustang GTs $4-6k
>350z???
In short I want to beat a stock 350z in a race but I'm poor. How do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uTpjEWTkrM0
phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/6128496677.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you're poor, you should be making better financial choices.

a used motorcycle

300zx tt. With a few mods you will torch a 350z and keep it well under 7k.

No I like being poor you fag. Why else would I make this thread if I wanted to be rich

I was going to say the same thing, you could get a fast, pretty bice bike for 7k, or less if you wanted

Been considering this. Heard they are money pits though. I can wrench but the engine bay in the tt is apparently crazy cramped.

>As fast as your dollar can go
the stock market, poorfag

Beat up S197 GT with some good rear end gears.

I owned a z31 300zx tt for about 6 years and it was great. Parts are easily available and it still has a good aftermarket. If you can find one that's been taken care of it will last for a long time. imo the 300zx looks better than both the 350/370 and still has the 80s aesthetics that make it look like a Japanese muscle car. The digital dashboard is fucking sweet.

Ya, I just found a 2012 zx-14r on craigslist like half an hour away, for $6,500. It's 0-60 is like 2.5 seconds, and the governor limits the top speed (electronically) to 186. Just imagine the money you'd sink into a car that runs 9s in the 1/4 mi

Damn you're convincing me user. Anythings I should look/ look out for when buying one?

3k Civic with 3-4k in mawds

Seriously though, you could

On, that note, get a 1k Civic and drop 5k on mods

not cars
some people want to turn

name a sports car that can turn better than a sports bike for the same money

I don't think you can go wrong with a z31 or z32. But just understand that you're getting a car that over 20 years old so just make sure you're handy with a wrench. I had a z31 because of the sweet dash, pic related. The 300zx's were very reliable. You don't really have any years you need to shy away from.

>dump all your faggy poor person money into cheap cryptocurrency
>buy decent vehicle this time next year off of retarded normies helping inflate the bubble

youtube.com/watch?v=uTpjEWTkrM0

>$2k 1.8 miata (you might have to look pretty hard for one)
>ebay turbo, fuck the intercooler
>glue the wastegate shut. (weld is too expensive)
>some wheels
>fire extinguisher

any shitbox with good tires would smoke a bike through the twisties

lel

A liter bike

typical biker scum
no you're not fast going all over the road to the old cruising drivers out on their sunday drives who arent even trying while you are trying to kill yourself barely keeping up
why dont you ever see bikes out at night in the twisties where the real fast drivers are oh right because they know they would die trying to keep up by the second turn

S/o/viet, do you own a bike? I remember in one thread you said you rode one, but it could have been an imposter.

Just get the catfish Camaro. LS1 = fastest your 5-7k can go.

>this fucking grammar
what did he mean by this?
Not entirely sure who you're talking about but I've been riding for 8 years and am not afraid to get hektik in the twisties.
And yes, I do head up there at night in the summer months when there's less moisture out.

However, my sport-ish bike is just a CBR600F3, which is lighter and meant for more technical shit, and doesn't really fit OP's criteria of go fast for cheap (presumably) in a straight line.

it was my uncle's a cbr600f hurricane, he never used it so rode for like a year when I was 16, then crashed, hurt my knee, and my uncle sold it

almost 10 years ago mang, good times

econobox driver cuckhold megadetected

I havent seen something this autistic in a long time

keep dreaming idiots just don't get upset when I give you a little tap since you are so slow in the corners and have to brake so hard so early to even make it through when you have such a big speed differences through the twisties if the car is behind you and you think you can beat it you will be run over at the first turn because your corners are so slow it doesn't matter how fast your straights are when even a shitbox will catch up again
the roads are for 4 wheel machines you should just stay home or play in the dirt like your kids toys are made for
cars will beat the bike any time

Do you still ride bikes or just stick with cars now?

Save a bit more and pick up a corvette etc
Out of the list I'd take the mustang probably

>oh no, it's retarded

Find a cheap mx5 get a a cheap v8 throw in mx5 add nos i hope you kniw the 350z is pretty slow nothing really impressive about it. My old bust fc rx7 was faster 3k

Motorcycle. Nothing at that price point is fast.

90's C4 Vette with an LT1 is faster than a 350Z in a drag

If you aren't memeing what kinda mods would you do to rice up a civic for power/handling?

rx7 turbo
hardest part for a rebuild is getting the flywheel off, if you've never rebuilt and engine ever open to back together will be less than 6hrs if it doesn't need crazy cleaning, port it if you're doing that
get a rising rate fpr, up the boost (or buy a cheap manifold and used turbo) build a intake at vatozone (stock intake is 1.8in, maf is 3in, a lot of t04 turbos are 3in inlet)
make stupid power. find one that starts but can't really drive. it'll be cheap and the major internals should be fine.
have fun with stupid rpm and power

>TT z31
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought z31s only came in single turbo flavor

Yeah, I added one too many t's. But it still a great car!

>Buy turbo 2jz Toyota Aristo
>spend leftover on performance parts

aristo's weren't sold in the us, closest thing we got was the gs 300 and they sell for 3k minimum for that body style.

a 2jzgte would be another 4k, 6k with transmission.

2jzgte is 2-2.8k with an auto
not sure where you get them for 4k but that's a ripoff

You have no idea what you're talking about much less ever built 13b.

I take it you don't live in the us do you?

We get buttfucked by high prices on rb's an turbo 2j's, some places charge 3.5k for just the engine.

i just put mine back together, got it with a bad coolant seal and surprisingly it had been rebuilt recently like the previous owner said.

florida fag, all the engine importers have turbo 2js for cheap, rb's are ok price but the rb25 usually has a shi trb20 trans attached. rb25 manual trans is an extra 1-1.5k

We CAN get the shitty vvti 2jzgte for 1.9k, but why even bother.

90% of the time when pulling apart an old high mileage 13b one or both housings will be junk.

If there's any imperfection on the wear surfaces, chipped chrome, chatter marks from worn apex seals, uneven wear, you toss them out and find some decent used ones or spend $800 a piece for brand new oem mazda housings.

If an apex seal got tossed then the rotor it happened with will also be junk.

The only time you can get away with just a reseal job is on a low mileage used engine, otherwise you're looking at $1200 for the atkins rebuild kit and a few hundred a piece for decent used housings.

this is the main reason these engines are so fucking stupid. at least with a piston engine you can overbore it like 6 times.

yep, been through it twice an a 13b-rew, first rebuild was trashed in less than 2k miles after the oil pump failed resulting in the stationary gear welding itself to the eccentric shaft.

he said go fast
not go fast for a long time

most of the cars with issues i've seen were bad water seals or carbon related, so he'd most likely be fine. bearings, etc would be a good need to change for long time driving. he'll get a good bit of racing out of it. mine had a broken corner seal and missing the end of an apex seal, RA super seals so my housings have the regular scoring most people get with those seals. i only need another 10k or so which i should get if i don't crack an iron first. a couple local guys said i should get atleast the 10k, it was running, just pushing all the coolant out after it got to temp

>just don't get upset when i give you a little tap since you are so slow in the corners
is this autistic shingo?

>can't lean

V12 Merc

first gen 350z cant even beat k20 civic si with bolt on tune. no need to lose hair over this shit

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

In all seriousness though, for 5k you could probably get a proper engine tune, some forged internals, and a nice turbo kit. Add some weight reduction to it and you'll have yourself a fast as fuck little commuter.

Acquire civic, swap in b18 non vtec, get a b18 gsr head. scat rods, cp pistons, hx35 turbo, arp head studs,rod bolts,main bolts,cast manifold, 850cc injectors, walbro 255 pump.

chip oem ecu, tune with crome.

make 400whp reliably all day,

You guys are crazy if you think you can beat a 350z for 7k.

Your only option is getting really lucky on a turbo cobalt with some incredible tires.

You could create a cheap sleeper if you get a really small, light car and put a hayabusa engine in it

>get g35
>turbo it
i think they have the same engine, or am i mistaken

you cant just turbo something you dont have, with a budget under kk. especially the luxury version of the car you're trying to beat...

But I can find a g35 for way less than a Z costs

>g35 for 3 or 4k
>turbo/whatever with the rest

You have to have considerable knowledge to do all that without fucking something up. That part list plus all the supporting mods you didnt list plus labor is 10k easy.

Wtf are you smoking

>1k on shitbox of your aesthetic style
>6k on drivetrain swap from a corvette/whatever

>Turbo vq setup for only 3k.
Now add 10k to that and you are being realistic for a setup that will last for more that 5k miles.

10k for what? Are you paying Porsche to do this or something?

t. never turbo'd / ebay ricer

10 is high but, 3 is hilariously low

Yes you can find a cheaper one, but it's not just the engine that makes it 280hp. The Z is incredibly light. My dad has one. It's the most impractical car the family has ever owned. He can't even put his golf clubs in it without wrapping the seatbelt around them.

2-300 less weight in the roadster.

Then you guys talk about just throwing on a turbo like Itsuki. Fuck it! Just turbo mom's camry! Why not put on two turbos?! Twin turbo camry! Why not a turbo in the air conditioner to blow extra air out the window to beat that 350z!?

Itsuki is the ultimate bench racing Veeky Forumstist.

Good luck finding a TT for that much.

What are you talking about? Fucking parts. I spent 6k in cams, internals, fuel pump, injectors and supercharger alone.

If you are doing a proper tt setup you could easily spend 4k on the turbos alone. Now go pay the $100/hour for a respectable shop that will guarantee their work. Easy 10k.

This, a clean TT so easily be 10k or more.

And then it's automatic

Don't you need some hefty capital to make stock investments worthwhile?

7k would be a great start, but you don't have to start with that much.
The key is to continually put in more every month. That way in the long term, you'll continue to accumulate more shares, which almost always continue to increase in worth. There's a lot of stuff out there too big to fail, and when you invest in it, your chances of losing are pretty dismal.

Hey guys OP here. After all you're input I've decided that the best competition for a 350z in my budget: is another 350z.

c o o l v i b r a t i o n s

What's better than a stock 350Z?
A 350Z with mods, obviously.

kek

Demonstrably false

>japanese
>muscle car

Get a miata and put nitrous on it. They can handle 150. Now you're on budget, can corner and have power.
You'd get maybe 260hp to the wheels, not sure if that's enough but it's pretty close.

You can get a 350z HR and map it to your taste, and some mods and youll be set

>he doesn't invest

Good choice. Make sure to get an HR. I'd suggest mapping it to upgrade that throttle response and then add mods to it. most fags dont do this to their Z's

Teach me your ways, Veeky Forums. Let's say I save $5,000. What then?

i don't ride motorbikes anymore, just mountain bikes

put it all into schwab total stock index fund, add money every month to it.

Uh, S197 Mustang gt with rear end gears?

I'm nowhere near Veeky Forums status. I just set aside a (pretty large) portion of my paycheck to drop into various ETF's and shares.
I set up with Capital One Investing, and their share builder plan. I had put around $4250 into ETF's for the Dow Jones, S&P 500, and NASDAQ, then set a deposit of $250 into each of those three once every month on top of that.
Since then I've also put money into ETF's for the Nikkei because I'm a weeb.
Whenever I have money burning a hole in my pocket I go and buy a random share of something that has a good performance history. (Capital One Investing has really good learner's aides for someone like me who doesn't know much about this.)
Outside of the indexes I mentioned above I own at least a couple shares of everything in pic related as well.

The post seemed to refer more to stock vehicles lol

get a loan for an uber

外国人を黙ら

Where do you live? I'm looking on cl at a 5k great condition z32 tt.

My mistake.

phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/6128496677.html
This is the best one I could find that's also the cheapest, but it's cheap for a reason lol.

Get a cheap Honda civic ek and stick an eBay turbo on it, can push 450 for peanuts.