/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls Genera

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

Previous thread: >Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv (embed)

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsP6EKAzEjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>only viable dex weapons are greatswords ans friedes scythe
>dlx gave 1 meme weapon for dex
>str got ringed spear ledos hammer and broken knights ultra greatswords.
What... what happened????

The duel UGS is quality I thought

What's a good starting class for dex builds?

It works fine with 40 str about 553 ar just enough to stunlock your average joe to death with its busted roll catch and range.

Mercenary or Warrior depending on your stat layout.

Give me a reason to not summon a phantom for Spear of the Church boss fight. The Painting Guardian will keep on coming even if you kill him. He keeps healing the faggot of a summoned guy. I swear that painting guardian is more of a threat than anyone that gets summoned.

Also why are blues so dumb in general. They get parried consistently, they do dumb shit like webm related. Boss fight is like 3-4 steps away but rather than taking me there, they'd fight against invader and lose.

why does it matter what's "viable?"

>tfw Ringed Knight Spear looks so cool but sucks so much
How do I make it good? It's almost 100 AR less than my Dragonslayer Spear

How's the enemy variety in DaS3? Is it better than BB?

>no dark pilgrim armor set

i wanted my wicked long neck head, fuck

>It's almost 100 AR less than Dragonslayer Spear

What? On a quality build with the self-buff on it should have almost the exact same AR as it.

I have 35 Str, 45 dex, 30 faith, 8 int

Playing dex is playing the game on hard mode

I dunno why but playing the DLC for some reason made me want to play Dark Souls II

What's a good vigor/endurance amount?

Mercenary can get 99 dex, 25 vig/end at SL 120

Needing to summon to beat a boss means you're bad.

When I invade as a Spear the painting guardian is already dead 9 times out of 10, why don't you kill it faster?

>The Painting Guardian will keep on coming even if you kill him.
What does this even mean? You mean the 2nd one that spawns? What is stopping you from killing it too?

>Ganked by some Rapier Fag and 2 Painting Guardians.

ALRIGHT YOU WANT TO PLAY IT THIS WAY, I'LL PLAY IT THAT WAY TO TIME TO SUMMON EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

Only 2 Painting Guardians spawn. You can kill the first before the PVPer even gets in.

WHO /LETTHEFEASTBEGIN/ HERE

Knight

3 phantoms gives the boss gigga nigga poise.
Katanas can out poise ultras.

For a change. Man, I fucking love superarmor

>be PvEfag
>tfw its officially over

What's the best SL to stop at?

I know SL120 is the meta, but I'm not the PvP sort of fellow. Is SL150 fine for a bit of added oomph and variety?

So do co-ops for fun? Isnt that just as PvE?

>people think they can trade hits with me

Nevermind killed them. Using Cathedral GS was a mistake. I can barely swing it two times. Switched to heavy mace and everything died quickly. It was just really annoying when everyone just simply rolled out of my attacks and I would only hit painting guardian for 600 damage and be out of stamina.

>Katanas can out poise ultras.
NANI!

>pointing down after barely winning
I mean if you felt good for having both of our attack register over a full second late and coming out on top then more power to you?

Hello chaps, what seems to be the go to build since TRC released?
I've been with a +6 Refined Claymore at SL60 through the whole game so far.
35 Dex/ 40 STR, am I underleveled for TRC?
Is there anything better than my Claymore that goes along with my stats, I'd like to try a new weapon by now.

>yfw they literally, figuratively, and physically added team death match to Dark Souls

What is a gesture you'd feel happy about after losing?

i guess using a one handed r1 from a halberd beats a 2 handed claymore swing when im wearing medium armor and wolf ring +3

You might aswell plop your sign down outside Midir's boss arena and binge out just like I've been doing the past 12 hours

>Carry on little ones, carry on

You're a little underleveled for TRC but not that much so feel free to try it if you can beat Friede.

If you want to go greatswords Claymore is a good option, other good choices are the Wolf Knight or Hollowslayer Greatsword or the Black Knight Sword, all of which should be available to you now.

Thoughts on 40 dex/int/faith, 20 vig/att/end?

you missed the point entirely

I went through the DLC mostly with Refined Claymore +9 at 40/40 quality. If you can dodge the attacks and reinforce your weapon some more(enemies are practically bleeding chunks), you should be good to go.

I don't understand. When I fight a boss solo I kill it pretty easy and fast. But when I get summoned to farm bosses I seem to die easier and struggle killing bosses.

Does that mean solo is easy mode and summoning is hard mode?

Didn't mean to quote, sorry. Only clicked on you to get quick reply to open. Forgot to remove the post ID.

KFV announcement is coming at e3 user.

GUYS

YOU MUST INVADE THE SWAMP

the angels are already a nightmare for all hosts

BUT GOD DAMN

they always camp at that house in the swamp, and then the angel comes and makes his insta death curse.

never let them out of the house and you can kill them

i use the giant door to block the exit and watch them desperately trying to get out

i wish i had enough STR to wield the doors

Solo you know that the boss will only focus on you. In co-op this is not the case and things get a bit more chaotic when you party is trying to gank one. Attacks are potentially harder to read.

>He didn't partake
Justify yourself /dsg/

I made it to the iron dragon armor. I've only found two rings so far. Did I miss any rings yet?

How do I access the ringed city DLC? I don't have ashes of ariandel and my character has beaten the last boss already so I can't go to the first kiln.

Is there any other way? If there isn't I'm going to be pissed off.

>mfw I always play offline so faggots can't invade me and I can go through the DLC embered all the time

>tfw giving my +3 rings to my SL28 watchdogs twink

>my character has beaten the last boss already so I can't go to the first kiln.
of course you can, unless if you've started ng+. in that case, you have to reach the kiln again

>mostly play online but unembered so I can leave helpful message
>beat boss, get embered
> go offline

How are the doors?

im running a 40/40 quality build and use a knights ring together with an refined infused door

>not using fragrant branches and hiding as a tree to make invaders waste time while you play advance wars

you can just invade the start of trc and afk and they die

There is an entrance at the end of the boss room in Ashes.

i enjoy co-op and pvp, but my favorite thing about the series has been playing through areas for the first time

>They didn't make the boss name for the player-summoned boss "(playername), Spear of the Church"
>Summoned boss player still has the healthbar, name, and phantom type above them that normal phantoms do instead of nothing and just having the boss healthbar
>Summoned boss players still have the phantom aura and glow, despite Halflight (the NPC spawned in case you're playing offline or you can't connect to the player you were supposed to play with online) looking like a normal human
>They don't even have a unique phantom aura, they're red and blue just like Watchdogs of Farron/Aldrich Faithfuls
The only good part of this player boss covenant is playing as them w/Untrue Dark Ring. Fighting against them really shows how lazy it is.

what this user saidalso bosses have more health and do more damage when there are phantoms; more phantoms=bigger buff

KFV?

>Gwyn created the dark sign when he sealed man's darkness with fire
>All the Pygmy kings except the Furtive Pygmy went along with this
>Furtive Pygmy shows up as an easily missable side character

The lore was pretty good. Shame they had to ruin it with the shit painted world plot

I thought people would do this so I gave +2 rings to my brother on his blind run.

I didn't want to make it too wasy but I'm pretty sure everyone else is going to be running around with +3 rings soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=MsP6EKAzEjI

Well done.

But seriously can I pummel people and lock hosts out of parts of the maps or are they lackluster?

Maybe Halflight wears the Untrue Dark Ring.

I always do when I'm invading there.

I knew they had more health and I suspected that they have more defenses but I never thought they actually did more damage.

What's their damage boost with phantoms?

The rings are not even all that strong. The most useful are what, Chloranthy, Favor and Havel's? SSR and GSR were probably added to make grinding easier, and the enemies already drop a shit ton of souls.

King's Field 5

people who are wearing lighter armor than me and using lighter weapons are out hyper armoring me. what gives.

>struggle forever with my shitty faith character
>whatever fuck this let's reroll strength
>faceroll content and shit on anyone who invades me with my vordt's greathammer

what did miyazaki mean by this

I don't have ashes.

Thanks. I haven't played in so long that I thought I couldn't get back.

JRPG rule #1: God is evil and sucks.

Idk every time I got summoned today as a police all the reds kept trying to r1 trade their 1h great swords into my straight sword 2h r2s.

>leveling a character for the dlcs, wanted to start fresh
>scaling is starting to kick in

No better feeling desu

>always play new game content offline
>miss out on npc invasion drops

Dark Souls isn't a jrpg, although I guess the basis is the same: made by japs
Vordt Great Penis was greatly buffed, it usually procs frost with one or 2 hits

Pure Pyros what's good?

this is what i get when i get gud at another shit game. I lose muh skill in this one

>Bosses Have 12k+ HP.
>Your weapon would only do 400-600 damage to them

Bravo From. So when are you releasing DLC with bosses who have 30k health and bloodborne gem system so we can farm those 28% Damage increase per slot.

>Not going into the DLC at 802
>Wanting people to invade you
>Wanting the enemies and bosses to be hard

you don't need to be online for npcs
t. pirate

How do i deal with twin greatsword users?

30 swings isnt that many.

I don't know specifics but iirc...
w/ Ledo's Great Hammer I was hitting for 800ish with 2H R1s against a host+2 phantoms
against just a host w/o phantoms I was doing just under 500 with the same attack

>no real interest in PvP at the moment
>just been running through the DLC on a new character, exploring everything properly
I was binging on the PvP when Ariandel came out, weird how I'm not now. Guess subconsciously I'm a bit sad it's over I guess. Should be interesting to see where this game settles. although I guess we might see another spike in interest when the goty/"directors cut" version drops.

>doing fight club
>get summoned as a spear to kill some poor sap
>some more fight club
>get summoned as a spear to kill the same poor sap again

i feel sorry for Betty

If I wanted to play Monster Hunter, I'd go play Monster Hunter.

That's literally next month desu. The Fire Fades edition, unless From pulls another SoTFS next year again.

Fucking this. Midir is the only boss worth playing co-op for now. Everything else besides maybe the the Prince is a joke unless you severely gimp yourself.
Boss buff patch when?

When does a dark infused straight sword start out damaging a raw infused Arstora straight sword?

>24 swings is too many

Is Ludleth a pygmy?

How?

>The area after the 2nd Ringed City bonfire
Holy shit this sucks so much. The big stairs area is so garbage.

PC FC at Church of Filianore !
active, come join the fun!
pass: dsg

Probably. Note that his throne calls him Ludleth the Exiled, so he could have been kicked out of the Ringed City for wanting to link the fire.

>Prince
Who?

>Prince Lothric?
>demon in pain?
>nameless prince?

Wonder how long until the general dies forever,

>BLUE fucking lightning striking at where Gael's crazy dark fireballs landing
Has there ever been blue lightning in Dark Souls? Is the end of the world the beginning of Bloodborne?

They likes the gods tho, they had churches n shit

>split damage infusions

never