First Car! Please Help!

I need a 1st car, but I'm having trouble choosing.
I wanted something 80s-late 90s, rwd, pop-ups (I dig 'em).
Any thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/6086268011.html
nanaimo.craigslist.ca/cto/6130659892.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

STARION

its not rwd, but the ford probe gt is a pretty damn fun car and it's relatively cheap. great first car.

you're going to be looking at your late model SW20s, your 2nd and 3rd gen toyota supras, your mazda MX5s and your RX7 FCs, uhh- your Foxbody mustangs and your Subaru Impreza's, subaru wagons and your honda 3rd gen preludes, your late 80s honda civics and accords, acura integras from the 80s.

if you have any questions on the cars above i'll share some normally known opinions and things they do.

Where tf can you find one of these. I have never once seen one for sale here in north america

Don't get an mr2 as your first car because you will likely crash or at least damage it and I don't want you to be responsible for killing an mr2. My first car was something cool and 80s and I killed it (not my fault but I could have maybe handled it better and the outcome would have been less severe).

If you want rwd and popups a Miata is your way to go because no one cares if you destroy one.

Other options
>Starion/Conquest (really cool car, can be given a big aftermarket if you 4g63 swap)
>E30/E28/E36/E34 (no popups but still cool)
>Z31 (not fast but still pretty cool, 80s, popups)
>S13 (will be impossible to find, but you already know that)
>Turd gen or 4th gen trans am (popups, will look like trailer trash but I kinda like that)
It's all the same old same old that everyone on Veeky Forums wants

they're a chrystler conquest with different badges

One of the best 80's designed cars, shame about the rubbish engine though.

Although they're pretty cheap, an FC would be a terrible first car. Maintenance is too frequent and expensive, and repairs can be very difficult for the inexperienced. Also, finding a clean one at the ideal price can be a monumental task.

>no budget given
>no goals given
AW11 MR2 will likely be your best bet if you're on the west coast

Plymouth Breeze Expresso.

yeah- you have a point.

don't get a rotary. i don't think getting a rotary is good in most cases anymore.

What do you guys think about 1991 accords, gonna go check one out tmw. It was previously owned by my uncles mechanic friend so I expect good conditions.

The huge problem is FWD. I agree they are aesthetically nice, but behind that is a bland sedan clouded by nostalgia.

So assthetic, the one Ill be looking at just recently got a paint job mmmm

Why not Prelude though? That has actual sport.

The accord looks classier and I don't like to imagine anime eyes on my cars

Might want to delete that, questioning anime results in death under this regime. Also I get what style you want, but an Accord? Go for something unique like a Galant or Impulse from the 80's.

Get an AW11 MR2. Please don't get an SW20, you'll kill it by trying to push the throttle in the rain or on gravel or on an unfamiliar road or a million other things that you're going to fuck up at least one of on your first car. Get something you can beat up and not feel like a piece of shit for. I learned my lesson on a 2001 Z28 when I was 20 and I still haven't forgiven myself

7 series for 3k

Starion is literally the worst first car you could suggest.

Aesthetic as fuck, yes, but as a first car? Fuck no. Shit engine, shit turbo, almost impossible to find parts for even in the countries they sold well in. If you're going to do anything less than a full 4G63 swap, don't bother.

t.starion owner

My advice OP, make a list of all the cars you like, search your local classifieds day/night for weeks on end, research the fuck out of each car, determine which car is the most common and still on the road, then find the cleanest, most original example of that car.

Don't inherit someone else's project, don't buy something so rare that it'll take you months to find misc spare parts for, just buy something clean, original, with tons of available spares and that's easy to wrench on.

ISUZU STYLUS!

THE ROTARY IS DEAD ADMIT IT.

lol starions never sold well you retarded faggot
but parts for anything from the 80s are hard to find. unless its a ford or chevy truck/suv

>Frequent
3k oil changes, not hard.
>Expensive
Not even.
>Very difficult
Unless it needs a rebuild, it's easier than a lot of other cars I've had to deal with.
>Spark plugs are easy to get to
>Engine bay is roomy
>Jack stands will pretty much let you do anything and everything outside of pulling the whole engine
I'll give it to you that finding a clean one cheap isn't super easy, but it's far from impossible.
>This is my first car and outside a rough idle, there's nothing wrong with her engine wise.
And I'm almost certain it's just a vacuum line somewhere.

Just get a miata faggot.

You posted an MR2

You want pop up lights and RWD

I think you pretty much answered your own question.

Either that or an NA Miata.

If you get a car that old, you're going to have to learn to work on it. That's a good thing, but be ready to start collecting tools, make friends with somebody who has a garage, and do lots of research.

not OP but same problem.
i don't need to drive a lot so i would like something to work on as a hobby but still enjoy driving it in the summer
i have about 3500 (can go up 4200 if really worth it) to spend over the course of the season, only have about 1300 right now. the 3500 total could be spent like: 1500 right now and then 2000 on diy repairs and crap, i'm interested in diy wrenching and learning.
right now i'm eyeing this 500 dollar audi quattro victoria.craigslist.ca/cto/6086268011.html but i'm not sure if it will be enjoyable to drive and if finding parts/aftermarket will be difficult.
[spoiler] also please convince me not to buy this pos rx7, it's calling to me even though i know it's fucking retarded to consider with only 2k to put into it nanaimo.craigslist.ca/cto/6130659892.html could i even make it driveable?
[/spoiler]
probably if i don't enjoy the audi or whatever shitbox i get i'll try to sell it and buy a bike but that would only be possible to drive about 1.5 months from now because of motorcycle licenses here; i like the cbr 250 and 400 but i don't know at lot about bikes.
thanks

89 Camaro. shit car, looks great, heaps of fun

They were sold as both over here.

>1st car
Get some shitty old Honda or whatever, you're going to fuck it up anyways.

89 Firebird for the popups.

>lol starions never sold well you retarded faggot

>everyone lives in the US

>80s/90s
>rwd
>pop ups
Have you considered a third-gen firebird? They are pretty cheap, just gotta dig through the shit to find a well maintained one. Parts are plentiful. Easy to fix. V6 and V8 options. Pop ups. Hard tops, t-tops, convertibles. Insurance aint bad and they are decent on gas.

Get a late 80s Pulsar.

You're more likely to find a unicorn engaging in a three-way with the yeti and a leprechaun than you are to find a clean FC in 2017.

if you're relying on it to drive for you then don't get it, get an ICE engine, if you're not- get it and then get it running, simple as that.

if i can make it bearable to drive so i can keep it at home when i go to uni that would be ideal, as long as it can run fine if needed with basic maintenance until winter/next summer when i can work on it more often.
my main concern is the 150k kms on that 13b, if the memes on Veeky Forums are true that means that it's going to explode quite soon and i would prefer to leave a rebuild until at least next summer so i can spend money on other mechanical parts and hopefully make it at least visually presentable interior and exterior wise.