/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Thanks for hunting, NTR

>MHXX News
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2: mediafire.com/?05ff4wo51mhuh9s
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?05ff4wo51mhuh9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Playing almost exclusively gunlance since 3U has led right to this moment

POST YOUR MOST WEEAB KILLCAM

repost cause last thread died

Are there any better way to farm for zennys in MHXX other than to sakura method?

mantis

How to update via store?

I thought I downloaded the right thing, but it didn't fix the error message when connecting to a lobby.

You know those free item packs you get as dlc? It comes with a ton of eggs you can sell for meso.

user wasn't fucking trolling, I'm impressed. You can really press X to see your kill screen. It only took 10 years to get this implemented.

Do small monsters like ludroths, bullfangos, and the dinosaur looking things actually add anything to the game?

Only if you have a Japanese 3DS. Otherwise grab what's in OP.

Quick question, how do you unlock beast prowler?

>Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2: mediafire.com/?05ff4wo51mhuh9s

So if I install this I won't have to use NTR anymore?

You heard right!

gore?

Why is the cia size so small? Does the original japanese file need to be installed first and then the small cia works as an update?

>35.3 MB
How?

Just like the translation patch (which is like 16 MB), an update is merely a small collection of files to lay over top a few of the original ones. Yes you'll need the full game under that.

Is using this on a pre patched cia going to cause trouble? Should I back up my save and use a clean cia?

i forgot, but i think so, yes

So far people report it's working on top of the pre-patched ones. If you encounter any problems, you'll have to guess it could be related to that. Just try it first though.

You have to search for the first few characters of Monster Hunter (refer to the game title on the front page) to get 1.1 to show up on the store. God help Nintendo.

last good one i had

how do we make zinogre not a joke monster?

Start by making it start fully charged like in 140 quests.

I think I just typed in MHXX.

>Brave LS now gets Critical Juncture on the first attack of their spirit combo
>Brave LS can draw into the first attack of their spirit combo to counter from neutral sheathed
For what purpose?

I'm about to encounter Valfalk, I have two questions
Can you air stun his skydive like the raths?
Can you GP the impact of his skydive?

Reminder to set Lens Flare to "off" in options menu if you want your killscreen to actually be visible.

>weeaboo killcam
>no over the top effects
grandpa pls

So I have the base JPN game of MHXX and was using the NTR method to patch the game. I download this 36 MB CIA, install it via FBI, and it'll work fine? And future english patches I can just do NTR again?

>Accidentally kill Valfalk while dashing with Energy Blade 2 days ago
>They implemented kill cam today

>today
it's been in xx since release, dumbass

I see people repeatedly countering combos and I don't understand how. If I press R again I do brave spirit 3 then 4.

So I just install the .cia right?

no

>it's been in xx since release
Really? Time to off myself

maybe with guard up.

MHXXX HD Ver. on Switch when? The 3DS is an absolute piece of shit, uncomfortable to hold and the circle pad will randomly drop inputs
I've died too many times from my character suddenly stopping in place

Now all they need is the "Send all to Box" option and mainline has caught up to Frontier.

>tfw using brave sheath to pose

fuck off
FUCK OFF
FUCK off
fuck OFF
FucK OfF
FUCK
OFF
AND
LET
ME
CARVE

Is it better to go for as many part breaks as you can or just kill the monster quickly unless you need specific drops

later

Latter

>not genprey

Pretty average for gen. The real challenge is getting one without disgusting looking flash particle effects obscuring 80% of the screen so you can actually see what's being killed.

In singleplayer former, you mihgt need the parts eventually. In multiplayer latter, you don't want to be a hindrance because you're sperging out and there's a good chance someone else is going for any given specific part that you aren't anyway. Obviously if you're in a room grinding for something and someone calls a part you work on that after any parts you need are broken.

tfw that's the only option MHO has, you just hover over things if you want to see what they are.

Shame they ruined MHO by turning it into MHX: PC edition.

>There are those who still haven't played XX
>Yelling Gog is better than Mantis
>Literally wanting Boremazios to return and replace Mantis who has a better fight
Introducing Monhun to the west was a mistake

>Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2
Naisu!

the only people shitting on xx are people who haven't played it, and/or hopeless grandpas

>mantis
>better fight
>fights like shogun ceanataur mixed with nerscylla
>robot mode is whack the golden spots on his toes until he falls over, then crawl on top and hit anything gold colored
>better fight than gog

I like the Mantis so don't get me wrong but it's too easy. Soloing Gog with the shitty gear I had when getting to him was a struggle. Mantis solo with HR gear is no big deal.

Is it true that Brave GL's GP is useless against HR Hyper & G-rank monster attacks? Some user said not even Guard+2 can salvage it.

Is Brave LS' GP safe from this?

>gog
>anything good
>literally hitting the sandbag: more than 10 minutes edition

How come grandpas hate everything while gen1 ancestors are fine with XX?

I shit on it cause its g and endgame content is basically as zilch as Generations already was. All the G5 and especially G6 deviants are just Frontier-tier MMO-gimmicky niggers with retarded one-hit cart attacks and AoEs and GOTTA GO FASTER FASTER FASTERFASTERFASTER bullshit.

i mean i guess thats more than gen but what the fuck it's barely even fun at that point. Was asking for "more content" without specifying "more fun content" not enough?

my best guess is that it's people who were never REALLY good at the game, and only just were beginning to git gud
but now they wanna play the new games and continue where they left off, only to find the gameplay got a lot more complex and convoluted
this makes their brain melt and they default to calling it shit/anime/easy/etc.
the people who have been playing forever, but aren't mentally challenged, just adapt and pick up new systems and challenges as they go, getting better each game and having fun

>implying I'm saying gog was good

Mantis is just that shit that he can't compete. He can with Dala maybe.

You can cancel spirit combo by waiting it out or rolling.

>G6 Deviants have half the HP of Lao Shan Lung

you are a complete moron
you clearly don't like monster hunter so go play something else, preferably an easier game

Mantis > Gog
4U >>>>>>> XX though, final bosses are usually shit regardless and a small part of the games

Yes and yes. Any GP that's not using shield can withstand any attack without Guard +2.

How about go play some G6 deviants and come back with a formed opinion.

Do they need guard up? Could've sworn with LS GPs earlier I was landing them but still getting set on fire by Agnaktor's attacks, but it was hard to tell because the camera is so bullshit in that hunt now between being in the worst area in the entire series for most of the hunt and the monster constantly moving in front of the player character with the abysmal fov.

>Any GP that's not using shield can withstand any attack without Guard +2.
>Literally guard with a thin ass sword and you completely negate all the damage+force of impact
>Guard with a shield whose purpose was to block and yet get damaged+knocked back by the force of impact
What the fuck is this fucking bullshit

The IG is so smooth holy crap. I doubted this weapon because of the whole insect thing but it is seriously fun to play once you have red extract. I still have to get used to comboing and aiming but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Is it possible to reset my lobby name to whatever the japanese version of "Recruiting" is? I had mine set to G2* just to avoid using my english moonrunes on their server

>a new version is required to play online
Oh fuck.
>Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2
OH FUCK you guys are good
Just download that and install the cia?
Got it.

no

>G6 Deviants have half the HP of LSL
Pardon?
They have 24k health a piece?
That's...
The highest health Hypers in Generations has ~14k, I believe on Deviljho. So 24k's actually not that far away from what you'd expect.

i did
and i just didn't get hit because i didn't get carried in the past and actually bothered to learn the monster
it was hellblade btw
your argument is literally "im too bad this endgame content is too hard even though its optional unless i want to transmog deviant armors which are shit"
go play another game
i hope capcom never listens to you grandpa casuals

I picked up IG back in 4U and loved it. Been avoiding it so far in Gen and XX because I feel like styles weren't going to add anything to the weapon and would only take away from the original design

No?
What then?

For attacks that cannot be normally guarded? I think so. I don't think any normal GP can guard laserbeam.

Glorious nippon steel, folded over 1000 times, etc etc.

You've never tried Aerial IG, have you?

What about guild style?

You don't need to lie on the internet.

No, but I don't know how that style could improve the gameplay for a weapon that was already capable of getting easy mounts honestly

lao has 47.5k hp

Yeah, meant the laser. Think it also happened with basarios farts. Thanks. Know if brave stancing works? Had the same experience with that but it definitely didn't knock me down, just set me on fire iirc.

Are you kidding me, Aerial IG is literally IG:The Better Version

I've avoided using IG because I anticipated the reactions of
>no aerial
>no adept

I just use brave GS now while I wait for Capcom to rightfully delete styles

i regret not taking a killscreenshot just to prove your stupid ass wrong
not everyone is as bad at videogames as you are so don't measure yourself as the status quo
literally do not play this content if it's too hard for you
go back to early g rank keyquests and posting about how nothing does damage

>Valfalk skydive
>Music stops
>then chorus plays
Holy fucking shit, my fucking dick

Brave dodge can dodge anything just like adept. You just not invincible when you run after the dodge.

if you want to prove him wrong do the ultimate again with screens

> GOTTA GO FASTER FASTER FASTERFASTERFASTER bullshit.
>What are frenzied monsters?

>we have a literal Jet Wyvern now
>still no Gear Rex from Peace Walker

Imagine all the cool looking armor

He's lying, just do what you just said.

Have you ever played any other monster hunter game?

Yes.
And what is half of 47.5? Approximately 24.

>The endgame content is too hard for me, so it's shit.

Carried shitter spotted.