What's the best stock boosted car you can get for under $10k that also makes for a reliable DD...

What's the best stock boosted car you can get for under $10k that also makes for a reliable DD? I'm trying to find one similar to a wrx/evo but without the pricetag in order to learn about owning turbos.

Forester XT, apart from the head gaskets and glass transmission. If you're willing to pull the heads and put good gaskets and studs in though, you're in business.

>stock boost
literally why

how to learn about turbos:
go to garretts site, go to turbo tech section

If you want to learn about turbos:

>do lots of research on different cars
>buy a cheap shitbox
>research how to turbocharge said shitbox
>buy parts needed
>turbocharge shitbox

Buying a shitbox with boost from the factory is like trying to sprint a mile before you learn to walk

pretty much

just buy a decent honda and piece together a turbo kit you'll learn a shitton along the way and you can make it reliable without spending a huge amount of cash.

>just buy a decent honda
As if this matters at all lol

right now my only car is a 7th gen civic which i need to get to work so i cant risk ruining it, i was hoping to go the other way around

Mazdaspeed6 is the most underrated of the TurboAWD options. Since there aren't as many, parts availability isn't as good. There's a reason people go to WRX/Evo.

Also the WRX comes in wagon so....

yes it does

No, it doesn't. To think it does only shows you're a clueless fanboy.

wtf are you on about you moron

Need more info about what you want op. You can get old Audi S4/S6s with inline 5 20v turbo motors for like $2.5k-5k for a mint example. Rally heritage, factory boost, AWD. Great cars.

If you want to LEARN about turbos, don't buy a turbo DD. Buy an old eclipse or something and a DD shitbox civic and blow the eclipse up and DD the civic. do sick mawds and learn how shit works and what works and what doesnt.

Pic related, muh S6. Not in pic: Junkyard turbocharged 1990 ford F350, Budget built honda civic wagon, old turbo CRX, ford 6.0l powerstroke, etc.

Don't own a single vehicle that isn't turbocharged any more.

>wtf are you on about you moron
That buying a honda is literally a pointless suggestion. Can you read?

>learn about owning turbos.
What are you hoping to learn? If it's well engineered the only difference is oil change frequency and the difference in power bands.

If you want to tinker.. that is another question. Do you just want to turn bolts or do you want to play with ECU maps etc? If you want to comprehensively learn I might suggest a 94+ Saab 900, a 97+ Saab 9000 cse or a 1st Gen Saab 9-5 with the b235R. Why? Well the top trim levels are well engineered. With the exception of the 900, they come with great Mitsubishi turbos, the engine management is open source and we'll documented (t5 suite) a good community as well. For very little money in you can have quite a few modification options.

Turbo DD is stupid. That's what weekend cars are for.

I'd rather a nice reliable daily driver, it doesn't need boost or 1000hp, it just needs to get me from A to B.

Weekend cars can be 1000hp meme cars.

Just turbocharge a 3K Civic. You'll learn real quick if you install it yourself.

>decent honda
>existing

what do you want to learn? Its a turbine that sucks in air and forces it into the engine which makes more power, it is powered by the exhaust gases leaving the engine. That is the most basic explanation I can give

Boosting an sohc is huge waste of fucking time.

Get an integra instead, boost the untouched b18, make 300whp @13psi for under 2k.

nothing is a waste of time unless you're a bench racer.

boosting a FWD car is a huge fucking waste of time lmao

Mazdaspeeddealer3

>some shitty driver that cant exploit RWD except for shitty mall parking lot power slides says that FWD is for fags.
The integra isn't a Buick Century. Some FWD handle very nicely, and have well thought out suspensions.

There is a dearth of good RWD platforms hat are not pigfat, redneck, old, or just inviting an LSx swap. There is nothing wrong with a boosted DC2/4.

This might sound ludicrous but check out the Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Station
>turbo
>built by mitsu
>5sp
>FR
>popups
>2dr
>dat 80s style
It's really the perfect learning car and they're still cheapish

>don't buy factory proven turbo option
>buy an NA and turbo it

This is sprinting before walking

I love these things.. my buddy had a conquest.. they r superdated but they r cheap and a blast

That's not the point you fucking idiot.
It's inherently worse. Just like SOHC is inherently worse than DOHC.

If you boosting sohc is a waste of time then by your same dipshit logic boosting a fwd car is a waste of time.

A light car is better with fwd. You're being autistic.

>I'm wrong
>Better say he's autistic
Nice try

>A light car is better with fwd
LOL

This

Integra engines are, quite literally, fucking bulletproof. Slap a turbo on the VTEC model and you'll be fucking flying, who cares if you can't skid? Just rip the e-brake or scandi-flick.

All these people that think you can just strap a turbo onto a high compression Honda engine... lay off the forza faggots.

Audi A3 1.8T

Neon SRT4

be prepared for a lot of learning
A LOT

the 1.8T gawdmusheen

Now i know what turbos do.

people literally do it all the time and documentation and kits to do it are readily available

Under 10k?

First year veloster

Ms3. I will never understand why ms3s are always overlooked, they're great cars and can beat out evos when they're bolted. I fucking love mine

Just bought one.

Is a great car.

Welcome to the senpai, senpai. Buy an occ and hpfp

>boosted
>reliable
pick one.

>gurnade

Exactly what the engine is going to do.

incredible cars for the price

Disagree, everything you touch in those cars from shifter, pedals to steering feel like shit imo. The engines are not even that great and are known to grenade and it doesn't have a limited slip. There is a reason they are overlooked. Not to mention the 2nd gen has that autistic smirk on its face you have to look at every day

>implying

Try and find an ST165.

>Turbo/Intercooled I4
>4WD
>5Speed Manual

Eh, to each his own. Like I said I'm totally in love with mine. You're wrong about the lsd tho

got a volvo 740 turbo for under 1k
dont buy new cars

>There is nothing wrong with a boosted DC2/4.

except that its fwd.