PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

>Pacifist run Edition

>Patch notes for March 30'th playbattlegrounds.com/news/65.pu

PUBG is a battle royale style game. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR mod and worked on h1z1. The game is currently in Early Access.

Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

New player guide
pcgamer.com/battlegrounds-guide/

FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/p73xNDv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man, I gotta wonder why do these games have to always look like shit?

Dacia Spawns

More than in the image floating around online, because I added some!

> 2017
> main game 8.9 GB
>patch 4.2 GB

really hope that there wont be location maps like these in the future and spawns will be random

All vehicles map exists?

it doesn't if you have anything above a potato

>unoptimized garbage
>having a good pc will make a difference
Either way, they always do.
It's almost like it's a PR move

>gtx 660 i5 3750k is now considered a potato and lags like shit on this game

I'm running the game using launch options for FPS. Even with a 4690k the game is still nearly at 100% CPU.

2012 was 10 years ago

>game unoptimized
>only way to play with only periodic frame drops is with every graphical option set to very low
>playing on very low also gives you an advantage in the game

This is why. It looks pretty good with things on ultra but then you'd be dropping frames every 5 seconds

Join the discord server if you're looking for people to play with. Don't forget to mention if you play on EU or NA servers.

discord.gg/p73xNDv

No reddit motherfuckers,no.

It doesn't though (pic related). The interiors are also surprisingly detailed on ultra. It's just that everybody runs the game on the lowest possible settings (including some launch options that remove even more detail) to get the highest framerate. When you look towards specific parts of the maps, mostly towns / cities, your framerate can absolutely tank, otherwise it runs pretty okay.

My CPU is the oldest part of my rig and it really shows in this game. I once turned the settings all the way up to ultra expecting to get like 10 fps, but surprisingly my performance was only about ~25% worse (I'd estimate) than when I had everything set to the lowest possible option. The only reason I don't use it is because I want my framerate in the worst optimized areas to be as high as possible. It doesn't matter much if I get about 60-70 fps in most areas if I suddenly have to fight a guy when I'm looking in an area that literally goes down to about 27 fps for me. I really hope those LOD optimizations pay off because it's not like the average performance is that bad for me, just that it's really uneven at times

Even with a cherrypicked sunset wannabe screenshot, it looks terrible, god dam.

Gonna check and see after patch if i can run things higher, would love for the game to not look like shit but for the first 15 min of the match the game gets unbearable on higher quality.

These kind of games aren't supposed to look good; Battlefield 1 is literally like IRL and no ones gives a shit.
Counter-strike look like a giant shit dumped from 2002 and yet I find it more enjoyable. (but yea that's me)

>you either play the super boring defensive style where you jump in the middle of nowhere, gear up then slowly work your way through the ranks
>or you jump immediately and pray to god your first building has a gun

When does this get fun again?

Bf1 price is 3 times higher, and u can't run it on potato. That's why cs crap is so popular.

>he thinks being dropped from a plane with 99 other dude who wants him dead gets fun at some point
It's not about the fun factor, it's about getting that indescribable orgasm when YOU are the last man standing finally.

Is there any benefit of paying the higher prices for the cases or should I just wait until it resets on Mondays (or whenever) and buy the like 4 you can get for the price of 1 after the reset?

You shillers will be wiped too on monday.

I'm on the 4800 pack (or somewhere around there) and I don't have enough rubles yet. I was more just curious if higher priced ones have nicer looking things

For now just higher prices, I believe.

what is the origin of the CHINA NUMBA WAN meme?

It's true, not a some dank memes.

what is the origin of this meme?

Is H1Z1 still alive?

I feel it might be more my style.

Not anymore, there are left only poor chinies and russian hackers.

some play with me, i'm not the worst person you'll ever play with i promise.

"3 times higher"
"cannot run on a potato"
It also is unoptimized as shit compared too right?

>has no idea that greentexting is meant for quoting and actually uses double quotes
okay this thread actually needs to die

>not knowing when to greentext
summer is almost here

any ones game still fucking crashing randomly

20 h+ on potato pc still zero crashing .

wat

Did they fucking break footsteps? I literally don't even hear people running right in front of me anymore.

that's how it's always been
sound in this game is retarded

If u familiar with un4 engine, u can do some tweaks by cfg.

It used to not be like this, I could hear steps now I literally hear no footsteps I've had people sprinting right by me with no sound.

I am unfamiliar unfortunately, this is too much of an important element in these games. It is killing it for me.

As someone who play with speakers I'm glad that happened.

Not played since the alpha but I'm still experiencing the same bug. Whenever I launch the game it will be the wrong resolution resulting in me having to manually change it every time. This isn't a big deal but can be annoying. Any way i can fix this?

>the year of our lord 2017
>playing shooters with speakers

You can literally cheese the entire game using 3rd person.
I still use them for CounterStrike, occasionally.

how else do you hear sound?

Headphones obviously.

how are headphones better than speakers?

they get hot and uncomfortable, they blast sound directly in your ear and allow no freedom of movement, they only exist for situations where you can't have speakers, which is not the case on your desktop

Directional sound obviously. Even shoddy virtual surround works to some degree, and good surround from expensive headphones with a good sound card is amazing. Only way to compete is setting up a surround system where your PC is, if there's space for it.

i never heard a difference between speakers and headphone in surround, if it's a matter of buying expensive headphones then why wouldn't expensive speakers do it too?

Speakers, as in only two (discounting any bass speaker), don't provide sufficient information channels for pinpointing fast. If you're talking about a properly set up surround system (that gets good sound data), then that's just as good or better than headphones, but you call that a surround system and not speakers.

not him but:
"Binaural recordings are reproductions of sound the way human ears hear it. In fact, the word “binaural” literally just means “using both ears.” When you listen to a binaural recording through headphones, you perceive distinct and genuine 360° sound."

In short: you don't need expensive headphones for good surround sound.

made it to top 10 for the first time, thank god for increase fps tutorial on steam

Which server is more populated

EU or NA

How many players on average per day are there on EU?

Does anyone want to buy this for me on steam? ID tempprofileurl, name Ben

You don't need expensive (actually quality, since price doesn't reflect quality perfectly) for getting surround sound (adequate) at all, but you do in fact need it for good surround.

When i say expensive i mean 150,- and up. You really don't need to spend 300+ on a pair of headphones to get "good" surround sound. I do agree however that cheap headphones (30 or less) won't get the job done.

but arent speakers binaural too?

do we have some kind of steam group?

i could use some people to play with, if you can avoid screaming memes

Don't think so since sound from the right speaker also enters your left ear.

ooooh

well shit i just blew 400 on two big speakers

Still good to listen to music and play games; just not OPTIMAL..

I mean you could try taping them to the sides of your head, might work.

+ An external mic
Max Compy

>gets covered in sweat and natural wax after an hour
>slips out uncontrollably

also i just looted my 12th virgin house and i still have only a pistol and shotgun

anyone

how would we know

jesus christ wtf is wrong with your ears

I have well-maintained, full functional ear canals that naturally try to reject any exterior item.

sounds like you have swollen orifices oozing a gloopy mixture of warm wax and sweat constantly

find a doctor

Question: Will this game beat H1Z1 and be the new hot shit until it's remade again or will people switch back to H1Z1 at some point?
Also why is there no BR game with restricted ego perspective. Seeing over a rock when you're prone behind it seems to be kinda overpowered?

>Will this game beat H1Z1 and be the new hot shit until it's remade again or will people switch back to H1Z1 at some point?
Who knows and who cares? Play it if you like it, don't if you don't. Stop being a faggot.

>Wow how dare he think in foresight, just yolo dude
t. millennial

Foresight? It's a fucking video game you mongoloid. There's no "foresight" involved.

>Also why is there no BR game with restricted ego perspective. Seeing over a rock when you're prone behind it seems to be kinda overpowered?
first person only servers will be here at some point, not sure if that is intended for early access or full release

>Dr Disrespect literally gets the luckiest kill on me when I'm stream sniping him

THIS ISN'T FUCKING FAIR WTF BROS

>stream sniping

you are the most pathetic sniveling blonde banged punk ever

And stream sniping is fair?

>stream sniping
It wouldn't even be undeserved if your chair hydraulics exploded up your asshole.

t. stream bootlicker
It is, I'm just using it to find out what general area he is in to beat him because he talks so big on his stream. It's not like I'm ghosting or anything.
Stream sniping is always deserved.

>stream snipe
>unfairly know exactly where a person is
>die to him anyway

uninstall, ask for a refund

>I'm just using it to find out what general area he is in to beat him because he talks so big on his stream.
It's a persona m8. Do you think he's ironically wearing that wig but unironically acting as if he's a "video game superstar" or whatever it is he calls himself?

>It's not like I'm ghosting or anything.
The fact that you say this proves you are.

>Stream sniping is always deserved.
Only if you're a bitch-made faggot that has to essentially cheat to win.

Wait, you're stream sniping and LOSING? How fucking pathetic are you?

Why are you defending streamers? I'm going to be queuing with a friend and teaming up with him in solo to take down Dr Disrespect.

He was so lucky that he shotgunned me out of nowhere, I lost a fucking AKM for god's sake.

You have to be just shitposting at this point, this probably never even happened.

why do you think streamers are being defended? We're just amazed that you are so shit that you can't kill someone with a full advantage over him

Calling you a faggot =/= defending streamers

Lmao i saw that, i just started watching him this morning i feel like stream sniping him as well

Pic unrelated

Players should be dropped randomly around the world and they should have to scavenge for a map/compass.
Also circles should be a bit slower endgame and they should be filled solid with color on the map view just for kicks.

There should be 3-4 planes that travel across the map in different directions. The end-game circles either need to move slower or they need to do less damage. Once the circle has stopped moving, it then incrementally ticks harder so you can't just afk in the gas but you can still step out into it to flank.

How do I git gud?

play more

>drop as far away from other people as possible
>scavenge as much equipment as you can
>move from cover to cover, if moving in the open with a huge line of sight on you from any position use free look (alt)
>always listen for footsteps, don't play aggressively
>if approachign safe zone, there might be people behind you so be wary
>semi auto on rifles, hipfire in cqc
>full auto if you're fighting in a house closeby
>most of all, play passively, you're in it to win it not get kills, this isn't call of duty. PTFO (play the fucking objective - which is to win by attrition)

t. sub 5 kills if he wins a game
So basically, play like a bitch right?

drop into the closest city, grab a S686 and go to town with its close range precision

>play passively
This is wrong. You should aggressively eliminate opposition, but only after consideration has been taken on whether they might eliminate or reveal someone else for you and of your position in case anyone hears the shots. Letting someone live that might become a threat later is a mistake though.

Bump

I don't get these games. theres billions of these fucking BR and survival games on steam, they all stay early access forever and eventually development stagnates and theres a new hotness which is equally unfinished.

What is it about this genre that attracts abandonware early access shit?