/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-mlWfMW_m2U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let's get this started

how high can you get? can you get to those areas on the edge of the map?

how easy is this to control / find the parts for ?

I actually was going really fast and hit the sky ceiling and fell
going to keep experimenting

Purah is cute. I love her outfit.

>Doing that loli zora love letter side quest
>Follow the barrel all the way to the end
>Just as it's getting close to the destination a lizalfos shoots it
FUCK.

>Try again
>Follow the barrel over a waterfall
>It hits a fish and breaks
IS THIS A FUCKING JOKE?

>tfw didn't break once
>it did, however get caught against a Lizalfos house gate for 30 minutes and I tried desperately to free it in any way possible until I realize I could break the gates

hhhhhhhhhh

purah thread?

tumbl pls go and stay go

The Zora history stuff seems to treat the Lizalfos as a race similar to all others, to the point of having generals and proper armies, just really brutish. Is there any lore in BotW to indicate that Bokos and Moblins are as high-functioning?

i was here first

I want to crossplay and dress up as Paya!

hard to control at first
go to the shrine near goron city, there's a cart next to it, for the box go south goron city and there's a moblin camp nearby, and tons of boxes

>ywn have enough stamina to please Paya
why live

translation pls

How old was Mipha 100 years ago? She looks older than the one from the love letter quest and that one was twice that guy's age

that is really interesting
the only form of moblin in recent games that has had rank is the bublins in TP

Roughly
"This is Paya's bedroom... Ah... Please [leave/get up] quickly.''

It's another Japanese wordplay joke. It can be taken to mean "leave right away" or "get a hard on quickly".

this is so fucking fun holy shit

>Finally finish the loli barrel challenge and unite the two soul mates in love
>He walks away from her like nothing
His walk animation is faster than hers because his legs are longer. It's funny seeing them be all lovey dovey and then he's just like "okay BYE."

did u just make this

can't fight the autism

is there a map with all the location names?

love

Go ahead of the barrel and kill everything on the way

where do i go to pull this off?

Is there an accepted "hard mode" run yet?

I was thinking, 4-5 hearts, no stamina upgrades?

fastest is shrine near goron city, there's a cart nearby if you climb the hill next to it
then for the boxes you go south goron city to the goblin camp
there are several boxes for you to try cause you'll fall at first
try to just use the right stick for going up and down, you can turn around left to right, and you can move forward but it's a bit tricky tilting

Why didn't Link just protect her smile?

Because Zelda couldn't protect his.

>tfw it's not even just a meme to say it's her fault

Okay where is the shrine orb for the middle of that spiral off the akala coast?
I figured it would be on the outside of the spiral.

>That final memory

Maybe it's just me, but it sent shivers down my spine.

I feel like Rudania was not made in the way the designers first planned it felt like it was supposed to be more of a tumbler type puzzle with the beast moving at a lot of different angles instead of just 2. Why else would it be in a bowl instead of up against a cliff.

Naydra can go fuck itself.
>fighting a Silver Lynel by the East Promenade Gate
>does the jumping attack
>got frozen in the middle of it and ended up losing 24 hearts

They're trying to make a progression.
2 states, many states but only a few are actually important, 3 states and then a whole bike lock combination mess of states

>wanna play TP after I'm done with my second play through of BotW
>wanna play with button controls instead of motion
>so used to the map of wii TP that I feel like if I play the original non-mirrored version it'll feel too off and not be fun
>only way to play the wii version of the map with TP HD is to play Hero mode
Fuck.
Should I just play MM?

Play TP, non-mirrored map, play it for the first time again.

Hero Mode is the best way to play the GCN games if you're a veteran to the series. No joke. The damage output back then was completely pathetic.

It was going so well...and then knuckles screams princess

The next poster is a Yiga spy! Do not trust what he tells you!

Mipha is cute!!

I want to rub Mipha's belly

Piss off you banana cunt.

But you can do the beasts in any order.
And if that is indeed what it was then I think they should have had many states on Rudania it is where it would have made the most sense.

>want to get other lynel gear than the stuff from the silver ones
>read the only ones beside the red one in the zora area are in the castle, all the others are silver in the endgame
>go there, kill them
>they dont drop weapons

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So what you are saying is your a bitch with shit taste who likes bananas.

Are you killing them with ancient arrows or something

no, normal swords
wait.. maybe i used a guardian sword on one.. does it matter?

hyrule castle lynels specifically don't drop they weapons for some asinine reason

So if you just hop of the plateu and immediately sneak into Hyrule Castle are there still royal guard weapons to be found?

Damn. Why didnt they at least place one or two in the outer world so i can still obtain the gear.

There's a silver lynel in the ruined coliseum, pretty sure there are two silver ones in the north west snow fields

Yep. All those nice weapons are yours to take if you can survive. Crazy amount of sneaking and trail and error though if you don't know how to shield.

I take it you are not ezcited for the film.

Yeah i only have silver ones in the outside world, exept the red one at the zora domain. My problem is that i want at least one of the other ones, too.

are you using motion controls?

Does throwing a guardian weapon work as an ancient arrow?

I know it just looks like a dagger strapped to an arrow, but ancient weapons don't open a portal that banishes all organic matter to a chilling hell dimension the way arrows do.

BotW Link has no innate talent for magic, just like every Link since TP. It's a design decision, it stings, but it's the truth. The wands are ready to use items that can be wielded by Bokos too. They're the same thing as the magic swords. The "gifts" are actually loans and tied to their real owners. That's why you get their voices in your head and they go on cooldown separately. It exhausts their magic, not yours. So yes, the other champions have magic. All of them. Zelda too. Why the fuck is Link singled out here?

>Young Impa
Oh baby

It will crit

>Why the fuck is Link singled out here?
He doesn't need magic. He has the mustard sword.

Link's only obligation is to protect Zelda's smile, which he did

Show me your best snaps

Link has magic, he can cast a spell of sword beam with the master sword.

I just found a shrine that fucking requires it to be a blood moon, and I wasted around 50 fire arrows making campfires, until I looked it up and apparently that won't work. I've just killed like 5 silver lynels to try to make the blood moon come faster. Is that enough? Should I try the campfire thing again?

Are there any other quests or shrines that REQUIRE it to be a blood moon to work? I would love to get all of them out of the way when the next one hits, because fuck that.

youtube.com/watch?v=-mlWfMW_m2U

That's very obviously a power of the master sword itself, given it uses the sword's durability.

I have a very pleasant picture of an ironshell crab, but I don't want to get on my Pii U right now. You'll just have to trust me.

>Making campfires with fucking fire arrows
What the actual fuck, user.

Wait until there's a full moon on the cycle and, standing beside Kass, look east at around ~10pm. If the moon is red, great, if not, go clear out camps/farm guardians and lynels for a few in game days then go back to check.

If you haven't passed the bloodmoon threshold you will never get one by just waiting ad nauseum.

You're the second person to criticize my use of fire arrows. And it wasn't until then that I realized flint existed. I never started using campfires until after I already had some fire weapons on me, and I've ALWAYS just used the fire weapons to light them, so I forgot about flint entirely.

And to be fair, I had like 200 arrows, losing 50 wasn't a big deal.

Fair enough. I just always have at least one flameblade on my person just to avoid having to kill arrows.

So I just beat Ganon for the second time, the first time I didn't mean to fight him, but I wanted to storm the castle from the front, which takes you directly to him. I wouldn't advise anyone to do this as my whole idea was to grab some decent loot, but I got nothing from it except a boss battle I didn't want yet. I could have save scummed, but I'm morally opposed to it.

That first time I only had 10 memories, so the ending fell a bit flat except for the part where the champions disappear, that legitimately pulled on my heart strings but after doing it again now with all the memories, the ending was great for me. It felt optimistic, yet showed that there was still a challenge ahead. Zelda is best girl.

However, still pretty annoyed you don't get to keep the Bow of Light after the fight, I guess you need the Twilight Zelda amiibo to get a bow anything like it?

I WANT TO FUCK FI

wiki-calculator on delicious legs, you know the deal.

friendly reminder that mipha is a pure and wholesome fish girl and the best girl in the game

Would people be interested in a game/DLC that explored 100 years ago and covered what exactly happened between all the heroes?

I wanna see this pleasant crap user.

That doesn't satisfy me in the least, Mr. Nintendo.

What the other guy said

Reminder that she is dead

It's a shame her English VA was so poorly directed.

this one is my Keese entry

Nice. I wish Keese weren't so weak.

It will just do twice the damage of hitting them with it. Ancient arrows just do a shitload of damage against Guardians and instakill them when you strike the eye.

I want something like a boss keese

I feel like Revali and Mipha were well defined even if very one note. Daruk and Urbosa were even more lacking so I definitely want to see more of them

He's a knight, not a fucking wizard. Even in earlier games he could only use magic when it was lended to him or when using an artifact as a catalyst.

Most of my snaps are ugly a sin, especially for the materials, because I just fucking dumped everything I had on the ground to take their pictures against a grass field backdrop.

I wish you could buy the "default" pictures from the Tech Lab to replace the pictures you took yourself. Or better yet, I wish they didn't use your own pictures for the encyclopedia entry at all, I wish it was the 3D model, or an icon or something.

They all had well defined characters, just not enough screentime to flesh them out. It's annoying that all of the memories center around Zelda instead of having more with Link and the other Champions hanging out. It's weird that they were so wary of him despite being able to do wield the Master Sword and do insane feats by himself.

Also the Gerudo questline is the only one that feels finished. Every Divine Beast should have required you to beat a mini-dungeon beforehand like the Yiga hideout.

>he doesnt like zelda snap

A 3D model would be nice as addition though.

My Dinraal photo only shows his blackhole to fuck off into.

Retard.

I love having my own pictures in my own album, but I hate trying to comb through my compendium going "which tiny distant picture is the smotherwing butterfly again".

sometimes i make comfy landscape photos

thats why i try to get a good one

here i tried getting an ice octoroc picture

My compendium entry for the Stone Pebblit doesn't show it at all, because a Lizalfos got its face all up in the camera and obscured it. It still registered as a Stone Pebblit though.