/simg/ Simulation Games General

You let it die again edition

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /wtg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /aceg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /a3g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
simg.nogf.moe

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Craig is a god, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

bump

So, apparently you can do low-G pushovers in a twin-bladed rotor system with the FSX flight model with no ill effects

U N L O A D E D E X T E N S I O N S

Anyone playing Mius front?
I am having trouble attacking positions, defence is easy and i generally repel the asiatic hordes without much losses. But when i try attacking units dont behave as they should and attack like idiot in straight lines and get massacred.

Also is there any way to find out what kind of anti-tank a at unit has on the map phase?, i really hate when i see at icon and seeing it was a shitty pak 36 in game.

Are you troops exahusted?

/simg/ deserves to die at this point, there's no ops anymore and no new content to discuss.

The general is obsolete

Nobody wants to play with a shitty server from SEA. 100 mbit up/down or no, it's just too far away from everyone.

>DCS

Either dcs or bms. Doesn't matter.

It works within my circle of friends because KOREA MIGHTY BROADBAND. We eat something like 20mbit per player.

Doesn't ever crash and we get to turn every up to 11 for the server.

>Fucking mig 9
>mig 9
>9
Ree
Reeeeee
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lunaticfringe is the hero DCS needs.

I kinda wanna fly again. What planes are broken in 1.5 right now?

I heard here that the MiG-21 was fucked but idk give it a go.

Can't fly the fishbed, deactivated it in anticipation of that patch they're gonna push that's supposed to partially unfuck starforce for it.

Banned
Reason: OT

The problem is initial orders phase does nothing, even though i give nearly every squad its individual order some obey some dont, and i have to order them again at the start of the battle.
There are no estimated time of arrivals for the troops so a coordinated attack is almost impossible to arrange without constant corrections.
In the attack machine guns just dont work properly. They either sit like idiots and dont fire at anything for minutes than at their whim try to squeeze a few burst or they try to rush the enemy with 98ks and mp40s. Only way to make them work is by giving them a seperate move order behind the main attack and hope they shoot at something from there.

While large groups are moving some squads get seperated from the group somehow and the entire group waits for them to link up even in the midst of enemy fire and delay their attacks until than. Worst offender was when a sdkfz with an infantry squad was moving towards the enemy lines sdkfz got seperated from its dismounted squad . When i gave the move order in the direction of the seperated squad sdkfz waited for the squad members to come to it by foot before moving at the same direction again.

Decent coordinated attacks are almsot impossible in this game, if you absolutely have to attack your best hope is give the entire groups a giant attack order and hope for the best.

ded

is this just vehicle sims or do sports/business/job stuff go here too?

regulars will roooo at that but honestly /simg/ is pretty fucking stagnant so why not

I'd rather the general just died desu

>Modern F-15E sim never.

just post anime to trigger the "anim is pedo" faggots

Just leave...
But don't attention whore in the thread with your let it die meme

CLIMBRATE
L
I
M
B
R
A
T
E

>cuckwaffe

Anyone want to il2 tonight? Like the good old days. Not wasting your time playing warmeme red dragon dildos

>insulting /wgg/
YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS

cute planes?

sometimes when i ramp start the Ka-50, the secondary INS system (the one that isn't the ABRIS) and the datalink system won't turn on

what am I doing wrong

How 2 get tacview for free?

>he doesn't know about optimal time to energy state maneuvers

L M A O

so, why not just have a dcs or fightsim general?
I'd like to talk about/get advice on "realistic" wrestling games, hunting games, submarine games, tank games and train games.

I can understand getting buttmad about the Hunter: CotW because it's arcade-y af but i'd really want to know which wwe2k game is worth buying.

>submarine, tank, and train games
There are literally pastebins for all but the train stuff in the op, and train simulator is explicitly allowed in the op.

If we're going to allow WWE shit in here we may as well say elite dangerous is a sim or some shit then too because both are entirely fantasy :^)

The OP should say "A thread for vehicle simulation games"

However the memelord who made this thread left it out for some reason.

Basically this is the general for flight sims. Not gaichimuchi wwe gayms

>However the memelord who made this thread left it out for some reason.
sorry i am new to this

Thread is dead as fuck because I don't post anymore.

I was literally posting almost every hour for the last year. Half the damn posts in every thread was me.

I just don't give a shit anymore, and can't be assed to post or even browse.

Sorry fa ms

>tfw shit posting with warthunder-tier memes

This ought to get discussion going.

>mfw the US got btfo by gook rice farmers

There's not a lot to give a shit about anymore 2bh. ED keeps shooting itself in the dick and making us pay for it, every third party is too busy going into fucking bankruptcy to actually release anything (and even when they do release something, it's a meme plane that isn't terribly useful for OPS and gets broken every update), BMS is only interesting if you want to stick your dick in the F-16's tailpipe, and IL-2 is only interesting if you're a Nazi/Communist sympathizer

And then every sim genre that isn't flight sims is fucking d e a d. I'd fucking kill for more SABOW-level tank sims (that specifically have actual game stuff to them like SABOW does, as opposed to Steel Beasts's sterile sandbox with an over-reliance on scripting), or a proper successor to Dangerous Waters.

It's depressing, man. I just want to play cool military sims with people who aren't going to blacklist me if I say "nigga" accidentally in conversation, but sims are fucking dead and /simg/ is like the only simgames-y group that isn't 100% shit.

but we discussed this and eventually agreed US actually won because mcdonalds

>muh macdonalds

Yeah they get fast food after shooting down over 1000 of your planes. real victory

Since it is now allowed in the OP, lets discuss arma3

surpress, fire and maneuver

do this over until success or fail, make youtube videos laughing out loud over really stupid jokes there you go, arma in a nutshell

Vacuum tubes

>tfw the banter is gone

No mius front players? Anyone ?

Dead thread I'm sorry.

Cute anime tho

>anime
kys

Anime is better than sims

I wouldn't sat that now

anime out reeeeee

does anyone really care at this point?

There is nobody here to care.

i got this in the humble bundle.
was a big fan of arma2 and opfl but this seems like some broken fantasy shit.

I really like the posture system but it seems like they fucked up everything else. Do i need apex to make it good?

do you have a southern accent?
do you say shit like "nigga, u dumb" or are you say "you dumb nigger." there's a difference and it's big for some.

a weapon to surpass metal gear

kayfabe and fantasy are pretty different things. and a game that simulated both would be great.

i know there's a couple text/menu based games that do that but graphics are nice and I'm interested in some CAW leagues if they arent super autistic.

>WWE shit in here we may as well say elite dangerous is a sim

im not super familiar with ED but if it actually simulates a vehicle and space flight and didn't have it's own general then yes.

doesn't this general regularly do fantasy ops with planes and weapons that were never actually deployed?

No. Because sims are lame and dont allow fun

we can't allow elite dangerous because we'll get confused with ED :^)

maybe we should just make a dad game general

>tfw becoming a dad gamer but no wife to make children yet

not like this

dont't feel bad. everyone here's gotta be 30+, ex-military or straight underage autismo.

I fucking hate you lazy faggots.
I take a break for a few days and you shitheads all drift away.
Rooooo

Press F3 in the operational phase, find your unit and hover over the name (45mm gun platoon or whatever) and it should tell you exactly what kind of equipment they carry.

Never attack trenches head on, if you have to then make sure you attack from different sides and always keep them suppressed or your assault will fail. Either use the Assault command (your units prioritze firing over manuvering) or the Attack command (the oppsite, they will try to use smoke to cover their advance) depending on the situation. You can also customize every command by pressing space or right click, I don't really remember.

So basically suppress the enemy and manuever your troops into cqc with the enemy . Grenades are extremely powerful and your soldiers will throw them like crazy when they get in range.

Why did it die when we were moving fast for once

Europoors just woke up and americunts were in bed getting ready to be a good goy for the next work day.
I bumped with that P-47 picture and then it died after I went to sleep.

goodnight /simg/~

/wgg/ is dead senpai

>thread about to die
>anime moves in for the kill

Steel Armor Blaze of War is 25% off on Steam right now, worth it or should I try some other tank sim?

Playing Falcon BMS 4.33
I know the basics and I played DCS A-10 before, but I'm really hopeless when it comes to the details of how to actually put things into practice.

Doing campaign now, almost all the missions in the beginning are SEAD/DEAD. It seems my HARMs miss like 90% of the time. I do get some hits so I don't think what I'm doing is fundamentally wrong, and they usually hit in Instant Action. Am I firing them too far? I usually release them as soon as my HTS pod can see them on the HAD. So basically I go towards the steerpoint that marks the target, see a '5' there (I assume it's the SA-5), lock it up on the HAD. Then the large targeting circle in the HUD immediately starts flashing, which I assume it means that it has a good firing solution. I also make sure that the small circle that I assume is the missile boresight is near the center. And I still get way too many misses.

I'm also pretty much playing Russian Roulette with air defenses. Often the route generated for the mission leads me straight above half a dozen SA-2 which should be able to reach me, but they don't seem to want to fire on me. Am I just supposed to ignore them?

Second, how do you ideally approach air battles? What I usually do after finding a group of enemies is to put them at 1-2 clock, fire off all my SPAMRAAMS, then turn on full afterburner and run home. I usually don't dare going into Sidewinder range.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Is there a more efficient way for telling friendlies from enemies on the FCR besides declaring every single target to the AWACS? I know about the data link but that only marks my package and there are tons of blues flying around everywhere.

anime actually is the legal alternative for pedos, you faggot

>"archer on ur six "

>/a/utist on my board

The HARM has a higher chance of hitting depending on how much radar energy is coming your way.

Basically to have a higher hit chance be a madman and get him to lock you.

No IFF because ))) so asking AWACs is your best bet

I'm no expert and you've probably gathered this already, but HARMs basically operate by seeking out radar energy emitted by the respective anti-air sites - therefore, the more energy radiating from these sites leads to a greater probability of kill.

It's a possibility that the SA-5 in this case isn't using its radar. If it's a dark green/grey '5' it means the radar isn't emitting and there's basically no chance it'll hit (you'll just be wasting ammo).

On the other hand, if it's yellow it means the radar is in search mode. You have a good chance to kill red. If the '5' is red even better: it means the radar is tracking a target. If it's flashing red then it's actively guiding a missile (not necessarily towards you) and it is at this moment that you have the best probability of kill.

With this in mind, you may want to consider "baiting" the SAM site - getting close to it and putting it into search or track mode. I've noticed that if you turn back away from the SAM site the AI turns the radar back off again and the '5' should go back to grey.

Sorry if you already knew this, but it's only thing I can think of. Please see attached a screenshot of the BMS manual which explains better than I can.

Also on air battles I usually just approach targets based on what they are. Love shooting down MiG-21s but as a death means a permanent loss of an airframe in the campaign I rarely if ever go towards 27s or 29s.

get mods, RHS or CUP which brings modern stuff to game, F-14, F-15 and F-16 jets from firewill are good, POOK SAM pack for AA defence some other good mods (BWmod, F18, Su-35 mods, Pook bomber pack, etc)
Then install some maps, pic related, Aleppo 143kmx143km map and spawn enemies in ZEUS and do fucking OPS
There are unlimited options.

yo this looks lit

Thanks, that's useful. I didn't think of actually baiting the radar to lock me up. It's pretty cool if the HARM is simulated to take the difference between search and track mode into consideration.

And thinking back yeah, it was probably dark green. I assumed that if it's visible on my HAD then the radar is on. Did the system just remember the position of the radar, even though it was off?

>a death means a permanent loss of an airframe in the campaign I rarely if ever go towards 27s or 29s.
I died once or twice, I think we have about 14 F-16s left. My wingman also gets himself shot down every second mission. Should I just tell him to RTB right at the start, or just avoid risky situations? Is it pretty much game over if we run out of aircrafts?

>made up guns
>made up vehicles
>icons and markers everywhere
>alternative life servers
>""""sim"""""

this is why arma is a joke and is not welcome here

I have no clue how it shows where the radar is even if it's not emitting, lmao. Maybe it's just picking up trace amounts of radiation or something idk.

Have a go ordering your wingman about with the W key, tell him to go music on and weapons free, or just tell him RTB if he keeps getting killed. Or find someone to play with online. I would love to play I'm a noob myself but too busy :[

Should i get ARMA 3? Will people bully me?

Is it too hard?

Okay im not getting it i don't like bullies.

Fuck off. Arma 3 is most complete sandbox simulator today.

Arma 3 is OKAY, just don't play with anyone from Veeky Forums or other autists.

what part of arma is actually """"simulating""""

the make-believe planes?????

just KYS faggot

Can you fly a plane in Steel beast pro? Can you move around as infantry and shot someone in DCS world? IN ARMA 3 YOU CAN!!!

using that logic Battlefield 2 is a sim too ..

in fact Project Reality or Squad are a lot better than arma and more simulative..

>reminder that pic related is arma level of simulations lads

I think Arma is fun but if you think the planes in it are anything above absolute shit you're wrong.

No, you can essentially play as any squadron in the campaign. I suggest you look up how to frag your own packages and learn how to use the PAKs, the missions AI makes are usually pretty suicidal

>dcs fagets can't even get a gen3 mig25
>arma already has gen5+++++ a10

lmoaing @ ur life

delet this

>arma cucked dcs

>/simg/ is now /a3g/