Humvee Replaced by Silverado HD

usarmy4life.com/humvee-getting-replaced-chevrolet-silverado-hd-powered-armored-truck/

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

greencarreports.com/news/1106271_u-s-p-s-picks-am-general-to-build-next-generation-mail-trucks
usarmy4life.com/humvee-getting-replaced-chevrolet-silverado-hd-powered-armored-truck/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>replaced by Silverado HD
>literally the only similarity is the 6.6L turbodiesel and the Allison transmission

This is why Veeky Forums is shit

this.

also why does that thing have so much fucking camber

Are you actually mad that the subject of the post doesn't explain all the details?

Looks ugly as fuck

It's just troll fodder for pissants.

Anyways, the new rig seems pretty in-line with the military's new ideals. Keep soldiers alive and look as intimidating as possible.

ANGRY HEADLIGHTS

the h1 looks so innocent
why did they do this :(

le stance nation army

>approach angle? my angle of approach is anger!
>gets bumper stuck on a small rock

we only invade developed nations at this point so no big deal

I think it is on bags and it raises

humvee has better angled armor
and infinitely more mobility

even military vehicles are pigfat now? why? humvee is probably more aerodynamic. i bet the chev has 100 airbags.

>humvee has better angled armor
>and infinitely more mobility
you know nothing on this subject and are clearly baiting, begone

both of those are true

I would fucking crack up if that was true.

neither of them are true you fat faggot.
regardless of whether the humvee (a fucking square) has better angled armor or not, it doesn't matter because it just doesn't have any fucking armor. not to mention the new vehicle has more armor in the first place.

the new vehicle has 300 more horsepower, and is basically an MRAP without really having the cons of an MRAP.

Holy hell.
>Oshkosh’s JLTVs were also far and away the most reliable of the bunch, averaging 7,051 miles between operational mission failure, defined as a system failure that prevents the vehicle from accomplishing its mission.
>Up-armored Humvees were surprisingly the second-most reliable of the group, averaging 2,968 miles between failures,
>Lockheed Martin JLTV at 1,271 miles between failures,
>AM General BRV-O JLTV, which averaged 526 miles between failures.

Then again, I've personally met the operators of said equipment. Not surprised it fails prematurely.
>hurr army vehicle can do anything
>I could drive around said obstacle
>or hit it at 38mph despite the fact we're just patrolling and nothing is actually going on

I hope this means we're going to be able to get some government auctioned humvees lads.

THICC

>U.S. Army and Marine Corps will begin to field JTLVs to front-line troops by fall of 2018.
Topkek.

Both front line field fodder will receive the angry looking military vehicle.

This. Hopefully dirt cheap too.

They'll look nice with your local PD paint on it in two years.

god yes

Wow, that one on the left has really poor visibility. I wonder wh-

>Chevrolet

>approach angle

No really, take it out there and tell me how it goes.

still looks like it has shit under armor

it's ok, because AM General will design the next generation of mail truck to replace the Grumman LLV

greencarreports.com/news/1106271_u-s-p-s-picks-am-general-to-build-next-generation-mail-trucks

So if nothing else, the next line of mail trucks are guaranteed to have a similar front fascia to the Jeep/Humvee

it's practically their trademark

>the h1

I like how they prepared for mine bombings.

You do realize how shitty humves are right

Us Canadians have had MILCOTs (Milverados) for decades.

Also, the JVLTs are not chevy. They're made by a novel producer of vehicles and need to borrow a lot of concepts from other vehicle manufacturers.

lmao no. they're notoriously shit on everything except offroad gas mileage

Here's a (you). Good job

Good. Humvees are shit. I spent so much time crammed inside those pieces of shit when I was in the Army.

Even the Duramax is more Isuzu than it is GM. GG Veeky Forums.

This kill whats left of AMC, god speed but this was probably deserved for making the MV1.

Local swat team already has multiple humvees and even a fucking that they got to replace some kind of larger APC

>A fucking mrap

>usarmy4life.com/humvee-getting-replaced-chevrolet-silverado-hd-powered-armored-truck/
It's got the same thing in common with the modern Silverado that the HMMWV had. That 6.2/6.5 was used in GM pickups before it was offered in the HMMWV.

That difference in window size is extremely depressing.

Also, are those tires stanced? I can totally see stancefags using this to argue how practical their stance shit is.

I always thought those dweeby white mail trucks were cool.

Prolly collapsed broken air shocks or something.

as a member of the army I dare say you are a retard and know nothing. Fuck off before I have to explain to you how shitty Humvees are.

Source: army mechanic. (me)

The suspension is adjustable. That is its lowest setting

We /transformers/ now bois

If you could do it again, would you, or would you choose a different MOS or branch?

it's not a fucking H1 you dumb eurocuck.

they are. They have character.

but they are also well past their expiration date. They were introduced in 1987, and have been chugging along for the past 30 years on the same GM Iron Duke engine. They stopped actually building them in '94, and they had an initial lifespan estimate of up to 24 years, which the USPS stretched to 30 in 2009.

By now, they are basically held together by rubber bands and bubble gum. By this point the "Grumman Long Life Vehicle" has had more than a long life.

They're so old they don't even have heat or AC.

but considering AM General seems to have it's own dorky quirks, (the trademark "jeep" front with round headlights and vertical slit grille) it'll at least continue to look dorky in the face of angry headlights and gaping mouth grilles